Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:24 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (328) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1148604 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by chukyade: 7:55am On Apr 15, 2015
Jakay:
Submitted April 8-Biometrics April 10, MI of MUN, Advanced Diploma, Online

submitted feb 20, Biometric Feb 23, conestoga, PGD, Online- TRV
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by chukyade: 7:57am On Apr 15, 2015
House please i need your help, Am trying to fix accommodation and pick up. Heading to conestoga college, Doon Campus.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Anugoson(m): 8:03am On Apr 15, 2015
akanni:

His TRV is still valid till June so he is still ok though going earlier as suggested is better.He should make sure he has his current admission letter, evidence to prove he has the funds or has paid his fees.Then, he can buy a one-way ticket as desired, not compulsory to do a return since the course is more than a year.
Bro i don't think you understand his question well.I know his TRV is still valid, but remember CIC states you apply for extension of your study permit 3 months before the expiration of your visa, and he is entering Canada 2 months before the expiration of his visa,this is what will raise an eyebrow at where they issue the study permit at the airport and after that place he has no problem as other things can be sorted out freely. had it been its a 2 year program or visiting visa he wouldn't have much questions, mind you he can't get a one way ticket now with 2 months to the end of her study visa,like I advised him earlier he should leave b4 May, fast and pray inorder to find favor at the study permit Centre at the airport and as well be smart in answering questions when he gets there.I believe he will be fine.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 8:24am On Apr 15, 2015
Anugoson:
Bro i don't think you understand his question well.I know his TRV is still valid, but remember CIC states you apply for extension of your study permit 3 months before the expiration of your visa, and he is entering Canada 2 months before the expiration of his visa,this is what will raise an eyebrow at where they issue the study permit at the airport and after that place he has no problem as other things can be sorted out freely. had it been its a 2 year program or visiting visa he wouldn't have much questions, mind you he can't get a one way ticket now with 2 months to the end of her study visa,like I advised him earlier he should leave b4 May, fast and pray inorder to find favor at the study permit Centre at the airport and as well be smart in answering questions when he gets there.I believe he will be fine.
I think you don't understand Akanni's post too. If the person in question already deferred his or her admission, it won't be a problem has long as he or she has the new updated admission letter. Study permit extension is based on study permit. I.e 3 months before study permit expires. TRV is just to travel to enter Canada. Your TRV might expire while u r inside canada. You just need to renew if u r going out of canada and will want to re-enter. I stand to be corrected tho.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Anugoson(m): 8:25am On Apr 15, 2015
wolex8:
Pls cn any1 tell me if those of us with a score of 320 will be considered 2 apply 4 permanent residence in the express entry round of draws
Boss I don't think anyone here can answer you this question, because their cut off varies for each draw, it's only CIC that can give you an answer to this. From the little I know they will rank your score against others, if you merit it they will issue you invite to submit your documents for PR. Guess you should get your documents ready because the invite can come at anytime with limited deadline in submitting them.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by checkyink(m): 8:47am On Apr 15, 2015
Study permit is different from TRV. You need to renew your study permit at least 3 months before its expiry but for the TRV its different. The TRV is practically useless within canada. It only needs to be active or valid when you are leavig Canada or re-entering

He can even renew his TRV after it has expired.

Anugoson:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Anugoson(m): 8:54am On Apr 15, 2015
Bobola86:

I think you don't understand Akanni's post too. If the person in question already deferred his or her admission, it won't be a problem has long as he or she has the new updated admission letter. Study permit extension is based on study permit. I.e 3 months before study permit expires. TRV is just to travel to enter Canada. Your TRV might expire while u r inside canada. You just need to renew if u r going out of canada and will want to re-enter. I stand to be corrected tho.
Guess u're contradicting issues here, renewing his study permit whilst he is within Canada is not a problem, as well as renewing his TRV. But crossing the cic @ airport is where am laying emphasis on. Your study permit contains the date issued (which is the day you entered Canada) and the expiry date (the date your TRV will expire,which is written boldly) the difference between the two as it is applicable to him is just 2 months. That is where the cic guys there will pin point. Am telling you out experience let him pray he does not meet a harsh cic staff...Success
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 9:09am On Apr 15, 2015
LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (FALL - 2015)

1. Bobola86; Jan 30, Concordia University College of Alberta, online, PG TRV
2. Jengbetiele; Feb 15, UofS, Online, TRV
3. Pmiller1:Feb 17, Sask Poly, Dip, Online, DELAYED
4. uchetorial: Feb 17 Sask Poly,PG -Paper Route
5. Hesque: Feb 19, Humber, PG, Online, TRV
6. CruzAj: Feb 19, NSCC, Pgd, paper, DELAYED
7. Joeyf: Feb 26, NSCC, DIP,Online
8. Yreg: Mar 02, MUN, Pgd, Online, MEDICAL
9. Waledarep: Mar 03, MUN, Advanced Dip, Paper, DELAYED
10. Ohammed199: Mar 06, University of Manitoba, UG, Online
11. Marcuskens: Mar 08, MUN, Online
12. Dapsey66: Mar 10, Centennial college, PGD, Online
13. Newww1: Mar 17, Lakeland College, PG, Online
14. ada4all: Mar 29, Seneca College, PG, Online.
15. Moheat: April 8 Humber College, Diploma, online,
16. Sexysammy0906: April 8, Vancouver Island University, MBA, Paper
17. Jakay: April 8, MI of MUN, Adv. Diploma, Online

If you have admission and have applied for TRV

Please provide the following information
**Submission date**Institution*
**Mode of submission: Online/Paper
**level of study

BEST WISHES
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 9:40am On Apr 15, 2015
Anugoson:
Guess u're contradicting issues here, renewing his study permit whilst he is within Canada is not a problem, as well as renewing his TRV. But crossing the cic @ airport is where am laying emphasis on. Your study permit contains the date issued (which is the day you entered Canada) and the expiry date (the date your TRV will expire,which is written boldly) the difference between the two as it is applicable to him is just 2 months. That is where the cic guys there will pin point. Am telling you out experience let him pray he does not meet a harsh cic staff...Success
Ok. I won't argue with you. But I will point another thing out from what you said. Expiry date of your study permit can never be the expiry date of your TRV in some cases. It will be the expiry date of your TRV if your TRV is valid for the duration of your studies which is suppose to be UNLESS your TRV expiry date comes earlier which can be influenced by your passport expiry date. Let me explain with an example. My passport will expire next year March, I will have to renew it in Ottawa fine, my TRV expires next year March cos they can't issue your visa more than your passport expiry date.my study permit can NEVER expire next year March cos am not done with my program. So I will have to renew my TRV while in canada in other to be able to re-enter canada. Hope you understand my point and not complicate ur opinion.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by badtyres: 10:03am On Apr 15, 2015
Please guyz with experience i need answer to my question Thanks
badtyres:
Hello house, can someone apply for TRV with conditional Acceptance Letter from school in Canada
Please urgent response needed asap. Thanks all
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Anugoson(m): 10:07am On Apr 15, 2015
Bobola86:

Ok. I won't argue with you. But I will point another thing out from what you said. Expiry date of your study permit can never be the expiry date of your TRV in some cases. It will be the expiry date of your TRV if your TRV is valid for the duration of your studies which is suppose to be UNLESS your TRV expiry date comes earlier which can be influenced by your passport expiry date. Let me explain with an example. My passport will expire next year March, I will have to renew it in Ottawa fine, my TRV expires next year March cos they can't issue your visa more than your passport expiry date.my study permit can NEVER expire next year March cos am not done with my program. So I will have to renew my TRV while in canada in other to be able to re-enter canada. Hope you understand my point and not complicate ur opinion.
Apparently, this is another issue altogether. To digress a bit from the subject matter, mine has the expiry date on my TRV and yours is not the same, i guess cases differ based on what is applicable to the individual. Back to the root cause, where am pointing at is those cic guys that issue the study permit at the airport, they can be friendly sometimes and strict sometimes esp.in cases like this. Anyways the person in question didn't elaborate on his case and I guess I have to stop here.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by midee: 10:20am On Apr 15, 2015
the person used a diff admission letter in getting the trv last year and later changed school ,
Anugoson:
Apparently, this is another issue altogether. To digress a bit from the subject matter, mine has the expiry date on my TRV and yours is not the same, i guess cases differ based on what is applicable to the individual. Back to the root cause, where am pointing at is those cic guys that issue the study permit at the airport, they can be friendly sometimes and strict sometimes esp.in cases like this. Anyways the person in question didn't elaborate on his case and I guess I have to stop here.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by vinci500: 11:28am On Apr 15, 2015
Yes, but you must be able to prove you can meet the conditions.
badtyres:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Luvace: 11:44am On Apr 15, 2015
Hello fellow nairalanders. I'm currently packaging my documents for application. i have two small wahala's and i need una humbly advise. 1. Is police certificate clearance compulsory for visa application? 2. I tried getting my birth certificate from NPC and i was denied cos NPC was'nt established as at 1989, can i go ahead and use my birth certificate because its not from NPC? Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Opesyy(m): 11:50am On Apr 15, 2015
Police clearance is meant to be compulsory but i have seen so many people who didnt include it here and still got their TRV.
Yes,you can use your birth certificate. Wish you d best in ur app
Luvace:
Hello fellow nairalanders. I'm currently packaging my documents for application. i have two small wahala's and i need una humbly advise. 1. Is police certificate clearance compulsory for visa application? 2. I tried getting my birth certificate from NPC and i was denied cos NPC was'nt established as at 1989, can i go ahead and use my birth certificate because its not from NPC? Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by chucksbadt(m): 12:10pm On Apr 15, 2015
Good day house, i am currently about applying for a Masters Degree in Management Science in the University Of Waterloo. The problem am facing is getting a breakdown in their fees. On their site its written $7,008 per term. How many terms is the entire Masters Degree Program?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ohammed199(m): 1:02pm On Apr 15, 2015
What's Really Going With Those People Sending Medicals For ONLINE Applicant Na...... Haven't Heard Anything Frm CIC Since April 5th When I Received Thanks For Your Patience... Am Already Running Outta Patience Ohh... Make Una Do Send My Medicals Biko....... Medicals Awaitess Lawa !!!

#With_ALLAH_All_Things_Are_Possible cheesy smiley (y)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hesque: 1:05pm On Apr 15, 2015
Anugoson:
Can someone enter cannny 3months before resumption and is it possible to start working before resumption since the study permit would be issue at the point of entry?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 2:31pm On Apr 15, 2015
hesque:

Can someone enter cannny 3months before resumption and is it possible to start working before resumption since the study permit would be issue at the point of entry?

Yes to both. but have a solid ans prepared for VO at POE where u will be issued your Study permit.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by olamonsor2: 3:00pm On Apr 15, 2015
Ornaments:

A bank draft in a convertible currency is one of the listed doc for proof of finance on cic website. The good thing about ds is you don't need a proof of funds like fixed deposit. This is how to go about it. Go to your bank prefarably the modern banks. Open a dorm account. Deposit the amount you wanna use in dollars. Then instruct your bank to draw a draft in your name. E.g I went to my bank,opened a dorm account, deposited the dollars into the account, then I requested for a foreign draft.

Pls are u here I want to ask u some questions concerning bank draft.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by NosoChic: 3:10pm On Apr 15, 2015
The wait continues.... University of Windsor sure takes her time to make a decision on graduate applications.

It will all end in praise.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by minnietope(f): 3:20pm On Apr 15, 2015
badtyres:

Yes you can apply with conditional acceptance letter.

Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by akanni(m): 3:22pm On Apr 15, 2015
Anugoson:
Pally, study permit extension is different from TRV.The below was copied from the cic.gc.ca website:
"A temporary resident visa (TRV) will be issued if you are from a designated country for which Canada requires a visa. The TRV will be in your passport. The expiry date on this visa indicates the date by which you must enter Canada. You must enter Canada before your TRV expires. The TRV will also indicate if you can enter Canada only once (a single-entry visa) or if you can enter Canada multiple times (a multiple-entry visa)".
You have to enter Canada before the TRV expires, he has not even gotten study permit so what is he extending? What you mentioned is for those who are studying in Canada and probably have extras which will take them beyond the initial study permit gotten.
Just saw Bobola's post, spot on, let's not paint unnecessary challenges, he will be ok.He gets study permit for the duration of his program, the day he enters and when he is expected to finish irrespective of the validity of his passport or TRV. Check yours too, i just did mine again just to be sure. cheers

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 3:56pm On Apr 15, 2015
Please I am gathering my documents.....I wana ask a quick question, is this affidavit of sponsors important?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by o2(f): 4:21pm On Apr 15, 2015
Hello All my gurus in the house. I need a huge favour. I need to contact anyone who works in Guaranty Trust Bank (Human resource or any other department domiciled in their Head office.)
It is quite urgent. Anyone who has an information can send me a mail. It is pivotal to my application oh.

Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 4:22pm On Apr 15, 2015
HI wana apply for a study permit for PG certificate for fall 2015, is it possible for me to sponsor myself, I Hav all d money in my account, is it compulsory to hav a sponsor? If I wnere to transfer d money to my mums account, it won't show a cash flow, wuld be money lodgment, someone pls help with this
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 4:27pm On Apr 15, 2015
yregs:

Yes to both. but have a solid ans prepared for VO at POE where u will be issued your Study permit.

You don't need to provide solid answers to anything.. You can enter canada as soon as you get your TRV dsnt matter whether ure resuming soon or not as long as you can take care of your living expenses. What I'm not sure of is if one can work straight up before school resumes
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 4:40pm On Apr 15, 2015
Why not...Since it's a years course and u have a money you can sponsor yourself.
The only problem with sponsoring onesef iss the issue of hometie.
U have to strongly convince the VO you'll come back after your stay.
Cutebabe20:
HI wana apply for a study permit for PG certificate for fall 2015, is it possible for me to sponsor myself, I Hav all d money in my account, is it compulsory to hav a sponsor? If I wnere to transfer d money to my mums account, it won't show a cash flow, wuld be money lodgment, someone pls help with this
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 4:41pm On Apr 15, 2015
Cutebabe20:

You can sponsor yourself, but you have to be able to show how u got the money ie. Proof of funds..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 4:46pm On Apr 15, 2015
Bros! Na wao.You just disappeared after chopping TRV...abeg check your email,I sent you a mail.

Jengbetiele:
Yes you are correct!I'm guessing by friday, we should be smiling to our stamped passports
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by slimmy2000: 4:46pm On Apr 15, 2015
Cutebabe20:
@Cutebabe20, in my own opinion, it is better to get a co sponsor, you alone without any other person is daisy.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Waledarep(m): 5:01pm On Apr 15, 2015
hesque:

Have sent a message to your mail since yesterday, kindly read it and reply please.
Thank You

(1) (2) (3) ... (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.