Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,811 members, 7,827,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (383) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1154011 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ugochux(m): 4:09pm On May 07, 2015
dahjor:
Good day to everyone.
please i want to ask if the affidavit of support would be sworn to in the presence of a Notary Public or at a Court's Registry.
Response is appreciated.

Either of the two..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by dahjor(m): 4:29pm On May 07, 2015
Ugochux:

Either of the two..
Many thanks.
Please kindly enligten me also on this. When submitting my application package at the vfs office, am i to submit original credentials or photocopies?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by berexio1: 4:34pm On May 07, 2015
Ugochux:

Check well! You must upload everies bfr you progress to the next stage. did u do an upfront medical examination?
if u dnt wnt to upload d schedule 1 form, maybe u shud click on 'delete option'..cn u see it?

I ticked No...for the 'have u visited any of the designation blah blah blah...so the 'request for medicals' is gone...I have uploaded all the required sections.. It indicates 'uploaded bt not submitted to CIC'...I can see the schedule 1 form bt how can i delete it?since its not compulsory..

Thank you for ur response!

I logged in again only to see it and a button to remove the 'schedule1' document which I have removed successfully. Bt it keeps coming back oo...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by obiaguna(m): 4:43pm On May 07, 2015
ugosh:

it all depends.......I was in the same situation as u are now tho mine is a 2.1....but a low cgpa....4 universities had denied me admission, so I ask what I could do to make me eligible for 1 of the university. ..and the lady advised me to take a post graduate certificate course in the university (university of windsor). I also asked university of carleton is doing a pg certificate course in a college can help help masters application. ....and they replied me that it may help only if I get good grades and the course is related to my proposed course of study

Hello Ugosh, must the pg certificate come from a university or can u also get one from any Canadian college?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ugochux(m): 4:47pm On May 07, 2015
dahjor:

Many thanks.
Please kindly enligten me also on this. When submitting my application package at the vfs office, am i to submit original credentials or photocopies?

1) Paper route: you hv to submit orignals of docs like bank SOA and reference letter, police clearnc cert, affidavit n other supportn letters. Then u can submit 'certified true copies' or 'Notarized copies' of other docs e.g land C of O, CAC etc...even if u submit original copies of all docs, u wd still get dm back

NB: I dnt really know much bout 'paper route' so *i stand to be corrected*

2)Online route: jst scan all your docs, arrange and convert to pdf. Each file has to be equal to or less than 4mb..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by dahjor(m): 4:51pm On May 07, 2015
Ugochux:

1) Paper route: you hv to submit orignals of docs like bank SOA and reference letter, police clearnc cert, affidavit n other supportn letters. Then u can submit 'certified true copies' or 'Notarized copies' of other docs e.g land C of O, CAC etc...even if u submit original copies of all docs, u wd still get dm back

2)Online route: jst scan all your docs, arrange and convert to pdf. Each file has to be equal to or less than 4mb..
I really appreciate.
I want to use online route.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by omooba2015(m): 4:55pm On May 07, 2015
Ugochux:

Yes, you are right.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 5:01pm On May 07, 2015
obiaguna:

Hello Ugosh, must the pg certificate come from a university or can u also get one from any Canadian college?
when I mailed carleton university I specified the pg certificate I wanted to do and the college name......so I guess YES is the answer, the main thing is to have good grades in d pg certificate and a relevance to ur proposed Masters......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by obiaguna(m): 5:07pm On May 07, 2015
ugosh:

when I mailed carleton university I specified the pg certificate I wanted to do and the college name......so I guess YES is the answer, the main thing is to have good grades in d pg certificate and a relevance to ur proposed Masters......

Ok, thanks a lot. Success in your endeavors.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kykybfo: 5:11pm On May 07, 2015
Hello Guru's,please i want to submit via online route,please hw do i knw wen to go for biometrics and must i go on that day or any nearest date,as getting permission from work place no easy. Please help.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ugochux(m): 5:18pm On May 07, 2015
berexio1:

I ticked No...for the 'have u visited any of the designation blah blah blah...so the 'request for medicals' is gone...I have uploaded all the required sections.. It indicates 'uploaded bt not submitted to CIC'...I can see the schedule 1 form bt how can i delete it?since its not compulsory..

Thank you for ur response!

I logged in again only to see it and a button to remove the 'schedule1' document which I have removed successfully. Bt it keeps coming back oo...

Then something is wrong smwhr...but wait ooo, hope you aint using 'phone'??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by SeraSera(m): 5:19pm On May 07, 2015
kykybfo:
Hello Guru's,please i want to submit via online route,please hw do i knw wen to go for biometrics and must i go on that day or any nearest date,as getting permission from work place no easy. Please help.

You go for biometrics when you get a message instructing you to do so. This message contains a letter, which you're expected to print out and take with you to the biometrics centre. You do not have to go on the same day. There is a 30 day period from the date your application was submitted within which you should conclude your biometrics. However, it is advisable to do it as soon as possible to avoid possible delays.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by dahjor(m): 5:25pm On May 07, 2015
Hello everyone. Thanks for a prompt response to my earlier post.
Please im going to Concordia University for MEng in Information system security (2yrs).
How much i can i state as funds available for my studies.
Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by berexio1: 5:29pm On May 07, 2015
Ugochux:

Am not using a phone..Am on my i7 XPS gadget grin... I guess I have to rest and look into it later!

Thanks anyway!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by herkenorlar: 5:44pm On May 07, 2015
[quote author=herkenorlar post=33145851][/quote]

House, I need clarification, I was promoted by November 2014 from environmental lab analyst to environmental technologist, can I use my old work Id before I got promoted?, or does it mean I should request for a new one with my current position before submitting my application, thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by diamondsare4eva: 5:58pm On May 07, 2015
herkenorlar:

House, I need clarification, I was promoted by November 2014 from environmental lab analyst to environmental technologist, can I use my old work Id before I got promoted?, or does it mean I should request for a new one with my current position before submitting my application, thanks
I will advise you use both. It shows progression in employment. You have been working for the past few years and attaching those documents will be a boost
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 6:02pm On May 07, 2015
diamondsare4eva:

I will advise you use both. It shows progression in employment. You have been working for the past few years and attaching those documents will be a boost

I'm not sure he should present both, his promotion letter would show the progression, he can request for a recent IDcard
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by diamondsare4eva: 6:07pm On May 07, 2015
tnuola:

I'm not sure he should present both, his promotion letter would show the progression, he can request for a recent IDcard
The choice is yours. When they ask for employment history in the last few years, they ask for details of what you did and if you have documents to support its good. One thing that is common between the Canadians and U.S is, they like enough evidence/proof to support anything.you can't go wrong in proper documentation if only you have it. But if you don't, make do with what is available.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by berexio1: 6:11pm On May 07, 2015
Thanks everyone who tried to help.....

I got it sorted.......

Make I join the bandwagon....No be only me waka come...And no be me go carry last grin

Please update your list

I applied May 07 2015 at exactly 12:54:19 PM EDT for TRV to study for M.Eng Chemical Engineering at University of Waterloo for Fall 2015

What is EDT though?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by berexio1: 6:12pm On May 07, 2015
Ugochux:

Thank you Chairman!!!! I have sorted it out..

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 6:13pm On May 07, 2015
diamondsare4eva:

The choice is yours. When they ask for employment history in the last few years, they ask for details of what you did and if you have documents to support its good. One thing that is common between the Canadians and U.S is, they like enough evidence/proof to support anything.you can't go wrong in proper documentation if only you have it. But if you don't, make do with what is available.

But presenting two IDcards from one work place is not right, even the office will call for the old one before issuing the new IDcard, so the promotion letter is more than enough proof to show work progression as well as his employment letter.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by dbabba: 6:32pm On May 07, 2015
Please I need help on the fee charged for paper route. Online route indicates $235 CAD and the current exchange rate is about 166 naira.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by toboy: 6:59pm On May 07, 2015
Burningflamz:
please let me thank you for the directions! Everything went smoothly!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by diamondsare4eva: 7:09pm On May 07, 2015
tnuola:

But presenting two IDcards from one work place is not right, even the office will call for the old one before issuing the new IDcard, so the promotion letter is more than enough proof to show work progression as well as his employment letter.
You can only present an ID card of your present employer. When you leave an employer to go elsewhere, you are suppose to return all company items in your possession.
He can go ahead and add employment letters from companies he worked with in the last few years and only include the ID card of present employer
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 7:44pm On May 07, 2015
diamondsare4eva:

You can only present an ID card of your present employer. When you leave an employer to go elsewhere, you are suppose to return all company items in your possession.
He can go ahead and add employment letters from companies he worked with in the last few years and only include the ID card of present employer

Its like u don't understand his question. He was recently promoted at work, with a new job description and role, and he asked whetr to use his old idcard that bears the former work description or request for a new idcard, with the new one.. And you asked him to use both idcards, which doesn't sound right...

The point I tried to make which ure now getting wrong is that, he should request for a new one with his new job description and I further explained that the company will even collect the old one before giving the new idcard to him...
He didn't switch jobs, he got promoted

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ohammed199(m): 8:03pm On May 07, 2015
After some weeks of Holidays am finally back on this thread ehnehn I was refused some weeks back would have shared the delayed reasons buh due to faulty flight while on Air, I couldn't shared them till I finally landed......

1. I neva satisfied them yet all dis while
2. Trustful less documents
3. Length of proposed stay
4. Travel history

What I realized myself is I used sponsorers in my 1st and 2nd app I now used my dad SOP of 9m plus and landed properties in my 3rd app so I guess dose Vo's be like wia ur papa dey wen u dey apply 1st and 2nd time (Ur Fada) lmao... Now am still planning to refire before endling buh I wanna go to court not for a case ohh cheesy. But sworn affidavit that's all my documents are authentic I didn't use my dad before coz I wanna use it as a surprise for him buh now I wanna die I gas use am and I Go Take Time write my SOP weller maybe 2weeks..... That one HayfinZG talk before na lie na OND I ge but I didn't indicate I had a cert I only used my WACE and Uni Manitoba gimme admission for UG...... Donno all dose VO's wahala sef......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ohammed199(m): 8:06pm On May 07, 2015
After some weeks of Holidays am finally back on this thread ehnehn I was refused some weeks back would have shared the delayed reasons buh due to faulty flight while on Air, I couldn't shared them till I finally landed......

1. I neva satisfied them yet all dis while
2. Trustful less documents
3. Length of proposed stay
4. Travel history

What I realized myself is I used sponsorers in my 1st and 2nd app I now used my dad SOP of 9m plus and landed properties in my 3rd app so I guess dose Vo's be like wia ur papa dey wen u dey apply 1st and 2nd time (Ur Fada) lmao... Now am still planning to refire before endling buh I wanna go to court not for a case ohh cheesy. But sworn affidavit that all my documents are authentic I didn't use my dad before coz I wanna use it as a surprise for him buh now I wanna die I gas use am and I Go Take Time write my SOP weller maybe 2weeks to compose am sef.... That one wey HayfinZG talk before na lie ohhh na only OND I get and not HND but I didn't indicate I had a cert before I only used my WACE and Uni Manitoba gimme admission for UG...... Donno all dose VO's wahala sef...... Money dey ohhh forget say I nor use ma papa before ohhh
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 8:09pm On May 07, 2015
Ohammed199

We're happy to have you back.. But pls properly list the documents and the reasons given .. So we can help out
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ohammed199(m): 8:23pm On May 07, 2015
tnuola:
Ohammed199

We're happy to have you back.. But pls properly list the documents and the reasons given .. So we can help out
I don list am before na.... No lemme vex give u Kiss ohh grin

My police character
Pop's SOP 9m plus and landed property
Waec original result
My computer school cert
Ssce testimonial
Uni of manitoba admission letter, acceptance letter h
National population commission
Letter of sponsorship from my dad
Introduction letter frm my dad
Pictures of me and my dad
Virgin passport

Guess that's all

Delayed reasons

Haven't satisfied them am gonna return afta my studies
Trustful less documents
Length of proposed stay
Travel history
Personal accets and financial (as if I told dem am working)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 8:32pm On May 07, 2015
@ohammed welcome back!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ohammed199(m): 8:35pm On May 07, 2015
Team12:
@ohammed welcome back!!!
oshey baami heard you're the newest Canadian boya in d house......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 8:41pm On May 07, 2015
By the trustless kini, I guess u mean
" The document lacking authenticity reason"

If that's the case, you have to really really take your time before reapplying, if possible defer your admission till jan 2016 if you can so you can have enough time to tackle these reasons given..
You rushed and reapplied without properly addresing the reasons from your first app.
When was your last education and what have you been doing since then?

(1) (2) (3) ... (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) ... (502)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.