Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,532 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (401) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1154758 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kol1234: 7:14pm On May 14, 2015
@Team 12:
going through your list of docs I knew you would have this problem, because I did too. Ill be on the phone now u may pm me if after you are unable to compress further.

so this was what I encountered and did.

I have my docs compressed initially in PDF format, merged and re-compressed: no significant compression
so you might want to convert to jpg, compress, convert to Pdf compress, merge and recompress
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by bepzi4jesus: 7:15pm On May 14, 2015
I applied on April 4, Biometric 8th, Okanaga College, Diploma, Online route. Am still expecting medical call from VOs
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 7:19pm On May 14, 2015
[b]LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (FALL - 2015)
1. Bobola86; Jan 30, Concordia University College of Alberta, online, PG TRV
2. Jengbetiele; Feb 15, UofS, Online, TRV
3. Pmiller1:Feb 17, Sask Poly, Dip, Online, DELAYED
4. uchetorial: Feb 17 Sask Poly,PG -Paper Route
5. Hesque: Feb 19, Humber, PG, Online, TRV
6. CruzAj: Feb 19, NSCC, Pgd, paper, DELAYED
7. Joeyf: Feb 26, NSCC, DIP,Online
8. Yreg: Mar 02, MUN, Pgd, Online, MEDICAL
9. Waledarep: Mar 03, MUN, Advanced Dip, Paper, DELAYED
10. Ohammed199: Mar 06, University of Manitoba, UG, Online DELAYED
11. Marcuskens: Mar 08, MUN, Online
12. Dapsey66: Mar 10, Centennial college, PGD, Online
13. Newww1: Mar 17, Lakeland College, PG, Online
14. ada4all: Mar 29, Seneca College, PG, Online. DELAYED
15. Moheat: April 8 Humber College, Diploma, online,
16. Sexysammy0906: April 8, Vancouver Island University, MBA, Paper MEDICAL
17. Jakay: April 8, MI of MUN, Adv. Diploma, Online
18. Darefestus April 23rd, UofL, PG, Online
19.CruzAj: April 24, NSCC, Pgd, paper Route
20. Hayqinsb; April 27, Seneca, Adv dip, paper route.
21.Bepzi4jesus April 8th, Okanaga College, Diploma, Online route.
22. nigeriannewbie May 5, U of Ottawa, PGD, paper
23. berexio1 May 7, university of waterloo, Meng, online

If you have admission and have applied for TRV Please provide the following information **Submission date**Institution* **Mode of submission: Online/Paper **level of study BEST WISHES[/b]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by NigerianNewbie: 7:24pm On May 14, 2015
May 5, University of Ottawa, Post Graduate, Paper
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 7:49pm On May 14, 2015
Thank. Done that!

Taike:

Hi,

I had the same issue. What i did was to download another form, fill page 3 ( the employment section ) with my extra employment details, and then i proceeded to extract page 3 from that form into a separate pdf file. I tried to merge the page 3 with the main form but i couldn't, so i just added the page 3 to my explanation section and stated it clearly in the letter.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Chars1289: 8:13pm On May 14, 2015
@ada4all
sorry for the delay,brace up and take up the next line of action to re-fire.bt u need to address ur purpose of visit.
IMO,there was no sancrosant correlation btw ur undergrad course,ur present work position and ur intended course of study.It is this alliance dt looked impalpable to d v.o
my suggestion for you is to search for a course that relates to your undergrad studies nd ur present work.The banking sector has an lot of developmental activities in mortgages whc i think you can use to link estate management wit the banking sector.An example is GT Mortgage under GT bank and host of oda banks too hve this extra developmental roles.So you can state in ur sop that you hope to be part of such team in yur bank upon ur return to Nig afta ur studies.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by JJCE(m): 8:27pm On May 14, 2015
akinsjimmy:
it was really painful that I applied for Canada here in dubai but I was refuse after providing all the necessary document needed, they said I didn't convinced them that I will come back after my school. Please can I go nigeria and reapply? If no, how long will it take again before I will reapply?.......... Urgent answer please!!!!!!!!!!!! Body dey hot.... Lol
try your luck with another school,and apply again, its not over until is over....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 8:58pm On May 14, 2015
Hi @ada4all, so sorry about the delay. Just tackle d reasons and refire!!!

ada4all:
Hi guys. I have just been denied sadly. Just got denial update on my application.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 9:16pm On May 14, 2015
Grace works..
tnuola:

Lol.. I know that particular Gcms note tho,
The Vo would always say they aren't satisfied one is a Genuine student is they aren't well convinced.
I know someone who didn't follow any pattern but was able to convince the VO with his SOP.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by berexio1: 9:28pm On May 14, 2015
Team12:
Quick one guys, for online routers...I have worked in four places, but the column for employment history on the Application form can only contain 3 companies. However the section states that you should list every where you have worked in the past 10 years and that an additional page should be printed for companies above 3(This is easy for paper route).

The issue now is that I don't know how I will merge the extra page with the Application form itself without affecting the format of the pdf application form to be uploaded.

...My question is that since I am submitting my CV and employment letters of all companies I have worked, should I just upload the form with the 3 companies listed? Please anyone with experience kindly share.

Btw, I am still struggling to reduce my proof of funds docs of 16mb to 4mb oooo. I have succeeded in reducing it from 29mb to 16 already...
You dont need to add all the four places u worked...As long as u are submitting your CV which will do justice to that. IMO save ur sef the stress of attaching extra pages(this is online route), u need to be as straight to d point as possible. You mean you are submitting all the employment letters from ur former coy? if you are currently working, why not just submit the recent one(my tot), try not to make ur application too cumbersome pls...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by diamondsare4eva: 9:35pm On May 14, 2015
ada4all:
I submitted all my school docs including transcripts. I did not in anyway tell them I have any family member in canada cos I don't. The only thing I can say is that it may be the course I chose. I studied estate management working in a bank and going for logistics and supply chain management. Also may be they did understand the financial docs I submitted. Just saying....i don't knw
I do not see your course as a reason here. You work in a bank and want to go for SCM. There is a correlation between what you do at the moment and program of study. I do not think there is any deviation. You do not want to complete your graduate program and be unemployed. SCM is also in line with estate management. Maybe you have to work on your SOP, but i wonder if the V.O's have that time to read the SOP. Will advise you start with a catchy conversation to draw their attention to what you wrote.
I have seen folks with few documents, that have been successful in getting their TRV's. Go thru your documents again and ask your sponsor to send you a notarized sponsor letter stamped by a notary public in the states. Cost nothing to do, he/she might have a notary in the office where he/she works, add to what you have, just something to add to what you have. You are still in pretty good shape to get it.
Best wishes in your next attempt.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by berexio1: 9:37pm On May 14, 2015
May 7th, University of waterloo, M.Eng,Online
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 9:59pm On May 14, 2015
if she doesnt change the course and she inputs her UCI number in the next app. the first thing the VO wud look out for is if the situation concerning purpose of visit has changed. the VO wont look out for the SOP...
we've seen guys get denied thrice for the same reason just because they were adamant or ignorant about changing their course and believed the SOP would do the magic but it didnt
diamondsare4eva:

I do not see your course as a reason here. You work in a bank and want to go for SCM. There is a correlation between what you do at the moment and program of study. I do not think there is any deviation. You do not want to complete your graduate program and be unemployed. SCM is also in line with estate management. Maybe you have to work on your SOP, but i wonder if the V.O's have that time to read the SOP. Will advise you start with a catchy conversation to draw their attention to what you wrote.
I have seen folks with few documents, that have been successful in getting their TRV's. Go thru your documents again and ask your sponsor to send you a notarized sponsor letter stamped by a notary public in the states. Cost nothing to do, he/she might have a notary in the office where he/she works, add to what you have, just something to add to what you have. You are still in pretty good shape to get it.
Best wishes in your next attempt.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kennykentipsy: 10:17pm On May 14, 2015
ada4all:
Pls see the list of docs I submited o. Help me so I know what to refire with.

Sponsor:

6 months acct statement 100,000USD.
Introduction letter from place of work.
6 months pay slip
Birth cert
Certificate of citizenship
Driver's license
Letter of sponsorship
Affidavit of sponsorship
Complementary card
Work ID
Tuition fee payment 1 semester

Applicant:

Statement of purpose
Salary acct N180000+
Savings acct N160000+
Mutual benefits N610000
Treasury bill to mature in April N2m+
Pension statement N300000+
Letter of employment
Work ID
Voters card
Police character cert
Family photo
Father's death cert
I'D if mum nd siblings
Certifications

So that's it. Please help me review

U studied estate management which has to do with real estates
Then u currently work in a bank meaning u deal with finances
Meanwhile u applied for scm which has to do with logistics distribution of goods and service
Looking at the 3 courses they don't correlate at all .the vo thinks u desperate
All u need do is chill before reapply
Apply for a course relating to estate management or banking since u have experience init am sure u had experience in estate management also during ur IT days.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by CruzAj(m): 10:49pm On May 14, 2015
LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (FALL - 2015)
1. Bobola86; Jan 30, Concordia University College of Alberta, online, PG TRV
2. Jengbetiele; Feb 15, UofS, Online, TRV
3. Pmiller1:Feb 17, Sask Poly, Dip, Online, DELAYED
4. uchetorial: Feb 17 Sask Poly,PG -Paper Route
5. Hesque: Feb 19, Humber, PG, Online, TRV
6. CruzAj: Feb 19, NSCC, Pgd, paper, DELAYED
7. Joeyf: Feb 26, NSCC, DIP,Online
8. Yreg: Mar 02, MUN, Pgd, Online, MEDICAL
9. Waledarep: Mar 03, MUN, Advanced Dip, Paper, DELAYED
10. Ohammed199: Mar 06, University of Manitoba, UG, Online DELAYED
11. Marcuskens: Mar 08, MUN, Online
12. Dapsey66: Mar 10, Centennial college, PGD, Online
13. Newww1: Mar 17, Lakeland College, PG, Online
14. ada4all: Mar 29, Seneca College, PG, Online. DELAYED
15. Moheat: April 8 Humber College, Diploma, online,
16. Sexysammy0906: April 8, Vancouver Island University, MBA, Paper MEDICAL
17. Jakay: April 8, MI of MUN, Adv. Diploma, Online
18. Darefestus April 23rd, UofL, PG, Online
19.CruzAj: April 24, NSCC, Pgd, paper Route
20. Hayqinsb; April 27, Seneca, Adv dip, paper route.
21.Bepzi4jesus April 8th, Okanaga College, Diploma, Online route.
22. nigeriannewbie May 5, U of Ottawa, PGD, paper
23. berexio1 May 7, university of waterloo, Meng, online
24. Joeyf: May 26, NSCC, DIP,Online

If you have admission and have applied for TRV Please provide the following information **Submission date**Institution* **Mode of submission: Online/Paper **level of study BEST WISHES
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Opesyy(m): 10:55pm On May 14, 2015
Brotherly,how person nack TRV without SOA? Wow! That's great
hayqinsbFX:
Inother news,
My quick summary of what I understand about canadian study visa.
There are two types of applicant.
1) simple applicants
2)complex or complicated applicants

Simple applicants- They normally get the TRV with ease without submitting what complax applicants submit.
A simple applicant has one or all of these features i) he is applying to further his education after just graduated or not long after graduation
Ii) he is sponsored by his biological parents
Iii) he is relatively young or not too old for his program of study.
Iv) no deviation from previous academic background.

2) a complex applicant- a complex applicant doesn't possess one or a combination of the above features, the often fall in the following category.
I) wide study gap
Ii) no blood relation sponsor
Iii)deviation from prevous academic quaalification.

I read a GCMS from a denied applicant and it was stated that the VO isn't convinced the applicant is a GENIUNE student. It means the VO feels there is an uterior motive to seeking a study permit than to study.

In addition and conclusion my guy that just got his TRV submitted barely 6piecies of papers after the CIC documents and he was given his TRV...
He had no SOP, no SOA, no studyleave, no employment history even if he had a year gap, no police character.
He got his TRV simply because he was a. Simple applicant...he is 21, applying for MENG oil and gas after studying oil and gas in his UG, sponsored by his father.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 11:03pm On May 14, 2015
Opesyy:
Brotherly,how person nack TRV without SOA? Wow! That's great

He meant Applicant's personal SOA..Not Sponsor's.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hesque: 11:10pm On May 14, 2015
ada4all:
Yes I did. I submitted 2 statements. I studied estate management while I applied for global logistics and supply chain management. I did not tell them I have anybody in canada o. My sponsor is in USA
Sorry about the delay.... Include ur payslip, study leave letter, letter of introduction and your personal SOA... Work on ur SOP stating why u re going for the course and the value its going to add to your career. Also write that you are coming back home to meet your family here in Nigeria and also resume your work at the end of the study leave. All the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mPop(f): 11:13pm On May 14, 2015
Evening, has anyone on this thread requested for a refund from centennial college before and hw long did it take for the money to enter your account?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tosinfemi: 11:14pm On May 14, 2015
@ ada4all. I am very sorry for the delay. From my own perspective point of view, I think the VO saw that ur previous graduated course is different from and not related to the one u r about to pursue now. Logistic and supply management is the process of planning, implementing and controlling effective flow of goods and services from one point of origin to the another of production while estate management include surveying, property management and business finance and the built environment. Furthermore, ur working experience was banking. The stated 3 ( previous graduated degree, prospective course and work experience) doesn't correspond and I think it doesn't convince the VO. Try to find a course that is related to ur graduated degree course, pray and refire again. God will favour us all. BTW, Your documents looks good. Attach study leave in ur next app since u already included letter of employment showing u were working. Thanks!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Opesyy(m): 11:25pm On May 14, 2015
Okay, i for fear
darefestus:

He meant Applicant's personal SOA..Not Sponsor's.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hesque: 11:30pm On May 14, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
if she doesnt change the course and she inputs her UCI number in the next app. the first thing the VO wud look out for is if the situation concerning purpose of visit has changed. the VO wont look out for the SOP...
we've seen guys get denied thrice for the same reason just because they were adamant or ignorant about changing their course and believed the SOP would do the magic but it didnt
How is the waiting bro? Hope u don finish a carton of Orijin..... Greatest Akokite!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Chimanet(m): 12:04am On May 15, 2015
Please house, i did a wire transfer for my school fees to Conestoga college on 5th. Till now, i have not gotten confirmation from them. please anyone with the same problem? please experts, advice me on what to do. am getting frustrated.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Sunny4Gold: 12:21am On May 15, 2015
Can anyone please tell me any school where I can study PGD or master degree in Public Admin/mgt for $5500 or less per year
in Canada
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ManTiger(m): 12:40am On May 15, 2015
Sunny4Gold:
Can anyone please tell me any school where I can study PGD or master degree in Public Admin/mgt for $5500 or less per year
in Canada
Chk MUN if u can meet up with the requirement.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 1:03am On May 15, 2015
Anyone here putting in for an advanced diploma in biotechnology at any of the colleges in Canada?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 1:32am On May 15, 2015
Omo! I don drop that shiit o! 2much sugr conntent
hesque:

How is the waiting bro? Hope u don finish a carton of Orijin..... Greatest Akokite!!!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 2:17am On May 15, 2015
Thank you jare!!! I have removed other employment and promotion letters. God bless you!

Although the file is still large, I have decided to split the proof of funds into 2 places. The one from me and my sponsor will go into my "Proof of Funds" section online and the one for my daughter's sponsor (Hubby) will be uploaded into the space for my her "Letter of Explanation".

I don taya...

berexio1:
You dont need to add all the four places u worked...As long as u are submitting your CV which will do justice to that. IMO save ur sef the stress of attaching extra pages(this is online route), u need to be as straight to d point as possible. You mean you are submitting all the employment letters from ur former coy? if you are currently working, why not just submit the recent one(my tot), try not to make ur application too cumbersome pls...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 2:25am On May 15, 2015
Thank you. Mehn this thing no easy ooo. All other documents uploaded and very clear, just the proof of funds...149 pages...reduced it though. I have removed all employment and promotion letters and Memart. I really wanted to submit yesterday so I can do Biometrics today, but as it is, I will have to split and re-scan. Hopefully, I will submit today.

kol1234:
@Team 12:
going through your list of docs I knew you would have this problem, because I did too. Ill be on the phone now u may pm me if after you are unable to compress further.

so this was what I encountered and did.

I have my docs compressed initially in PDF format, merged and re-compressed: no significant compression
so you might want to convert to jpg, compress, convert to Pdf compress, merge and recompress

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by checkyink(m): 4:22am On May 15, 2015
My good people. Please I want to inquire if presenting a scholarship letter and signed contract showing annual stipend accrued go me from my supervisor can be used ad proof of funds for inviting my spouse on a work permit . I just arrived canada last week and just opened a bank account. Planning on inviting my spouse by June ending (tough dealing with her absence) but I won't have the minimum 3 month bank statement. Please I need you advice on this. Can I use the scholarship letter and signed contract i get from my supervisor as proof of funds to cater for me and my spouse. She works in a bank so she will provide her own account statement.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by sexysammy0906: 4:32am On May 15, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
Congratulations...
Did you submit company's statement of account alone?
What course re u going for ad what course did u do before

Yes that's for my sponsor. The money in the account was more than enough but I still submitted my salary and personal account which was about 1.7m. Going for MBA and I have a BA and MA in international relations
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Habeeb521(m): 4:50am On May 15, 2015
hello house
my regards to all
siga tnuola chrigo and others hope all is well it only a matter of time .............. '
see ya

(1) (2) (3) ... (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) ... (502)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.