Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,064 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (406) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1150898 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mevisbleek: 11:56pm On May 15, 2015
wayaa007:
Hello house, I've been a silent follower of this thread and I must say, its highly educative.
I wish to ask the General house a question, I wish to apply for a master degree in electrical electronics at MUN, I've been told by the admission office that my CGPA range is very acceptable (3.36/5.0), but that a strong application is required. For someone like me who has no Work experience, do you think, a Toefl + A good motivation letter and Resume will be strong enough, please I need honest opinions.

I bring you honest opinion sir. I would advise that you churn out a well crafted letter of intent detailing your career goal (Long and short term), academic goal, why the program etc (you should also use this LOI to exhibit your writing skill and strong command of English) and all those good stuff. You will need to design an extremely professional resume, if you do not have enough experience you can just show your NYSC experience coupled with some Volunteer experience. Also, if you are really passionate about the program I also suggest you write GRE and try very hard to spank it (if you do spank it you can include in the letter that ur undergrad was low but it was not a true test of ur intelligence). I advised about the GRE cos that what I did. I wrote GMAT, scored over 700 (in my LOI I said to the admin officer "IN YOUR FACE"wink. Upon admission I was told by the officer that I got in cos I scored pretty high in GMAT.

You gonna be just fine :-).

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 12:14am On May 16, 2015
darefestus:

I wldnt want you to see it like that.. If we are being honest, no one would have guessed it was yours if you hadn't mentioned..Besides, I didn't see any 'vital' information there.He only used it to drive home a point.

Yes no vital information on the munched part of the one posted ystday, its about 15pages, what about the info on those other pages? That is what bothers me.
Moreover I made no mention of it ystday, until there was a discussion in that line today.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 1:11am On May 16, 2015
Not worth it. If he's a Medical Doctor in Nigeria, why would he downgrade to go do a public health diploma? What're his intentions? Some recent cuts have been made to public health so if he thinks he'll be able to get a job he can think again, sorry to say. Even as a Medical Doctor, it will be hard before he can find a job as a Doctor since he doesn't have Canadian experience. If he's doing well in Nigeria, it would be better for him to stay and continue his progress there because to me, he's going to go backwards with this plan when he's already a Doctor in Nigeria.

mosopefoluwa:
Helllo People, pls anyone with advise for a Nigerian Medical doctor who just got admission into diploma in public health at a Canadian University (he applied to different schools for masters but didn't get the admission). Do you think he should go ahead with the diploma or it wouldn't be worth it..If yes(going ahead wit diploma plans), is it possible he has issues with Visa stuff cuz its a diploma not MSC for someone who is already qualified in Nigeria. Opinions. Pls... Thank you

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by checkyink(m): 1:53am On May 16, 2015
@mevisbleek, can you kindly offer any advice on my spousal work permit issue I highlighted earlier ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by checkyink(m): 1:58am On May 16, 2015
oga @siga, is there any other way out or I just have to wait 3-4 months ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Bennet642k2(m): 3:32am On May 16, 2015
Pls house wat does red flag means to the VO. I studied engineering but I got an offer to study international business management (IBM) for PG program, which I intend to study. Will I scale through? Pls , tell me the points i need so I can convince the VO, this is my 2nd missionary application. HELP!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mevisbleek: 3:54am On May 16, 2015
checkyink:
@mevisbleek, can you kindly offer any advice on my spousal work permit issue I highlighted earlier ?

I am so sorry Sir I have no knowledge of SWP
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Omonjoe(m): 4:33am On May 16, 2015
someone with an answer should pls answer me
Omonjoe:
Hello all, with the new CIC regulations, is it possible and legal for an international student to work in Canada when on leave of absence from school? What are the possible options available for one who can not raise tuition for second semester after taken first semester and would love to raise the cash in Canada?

cc
Siga
SleemB
Eddy20
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 6:22am On May 16, 2015
Don't try applying.
Get an engineering course

Take care
Bennet642k2:
Pls house wat does red flag means to the VO. I studied engineering but I got an offer to study international business management (IBM) for PG program, which I intend to study. Will I scale through? Pls , tell me the points i need so I can convince the VO, this is my 2nd missionary application. HELP!!!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by JJCE(m): 6:39am On May 16, 2015
treyfly:
what you mean is that my tuition for the first year is 2mil and second year it reduces
it depend on your school, i calculate it with tuition fee, house rent/ hostel fee, and buying of text book, your school fee will not reduce in second year, since you can apply for parmanent residence, after six month you get to canada, and can be doing off campus/ on campus after u pass in meet up with 2:00 gp.......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by JJCE(m): 6:58am On May 16, 2015
Omonjoe:
someone with an answer should pls answer me
it depend,.i thought you can work on campus and make some cool cash, but it seem you can't work off campus until u meet up with require gp in your first year...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by akinsjimmy: 7:16am On May 16, 2015
We would like to inform you that your correspondence has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office, on 12 May 2015 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.
You can track the status of your application through our website mentioned below using your tracking.
This is the mail I receive from vfs, since medical is not require in dubai, please can somebody shed more light on this? I went there they said I will receive letter but I have not receive any letter though still waiting till on Sunday maybe letter go show
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 7:18am On May 16, 2015
Did you apply from dubai through paper routee
akinsjimmy:
We would like to inform you that your correspondence has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office, on 12 May 2015 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.
You can track the status of your application through our website mentioned below using your tracking.
This is the mail I receive from vfs, since medical is not require in dubai, please can somebody shed more light on this? I went there they said I will receive letter but I have not receive any letter though still waiting till on Sunday maybe letter go show
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by akinsjimmy: 7:22am On May 16, 2015
Yea I applied through paper route....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 7:25am On May 16, 2015
From dubai?
akinsjimmy:
Yea I applied through paper route....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by akinsjimmy: 7:28am On May 16, 2015
Yea from dubai, it will only take 4 to 6 week before they will reply u but in their system is 4 to 8 weeks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 7:33am On May 16, 2015
Okay..
And u don't need a medical from dubai..

If ur passport has bn dispatched...
From what I knw u sud have rrecieved a mail prior to that saying your request has bn approved not after.
akinsjimmy:
Yea from dubai, it will only take 4 to 6 week before they will reply u but in their system is 4 to 8 weeks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mosopefoluwa: 7:59am On May 16, 2015
Pls help o
mosopefoluwa:
Helllo People, pls anyone with advise for a Nigerian Medical doctor who just got admission into diploma in public health at a Canadian University (he applied to different schools for masters but didn't get the admission). Do you think he should go ahead with the diploma or it wouldn't be worth it..If yes(going ahead wit diploma plans), is it possible he has issues with Visa stuff cuz its a diploma not MSC for someone who is already qualified in Nigeria. Opinions. Pls... Thank you

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by luvly3(f): 8:36am On May 16, 2015
kennykentipsy:

it has been reduced to $50,000 the new CBN policy

It's 300 CAD max withdrawal a day which is pretty useless if you want to pay fees, , except you using POS.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by luvly3(f): 8:40am On May 16, 2015
JJCE:
you can use for the first year,and it will quite easy in your second year to get money, cos you can work on campus and off campus, but it depend if meet up with the require gp in your first year......

He can also work on or off campus in the first year, as soon as school begins...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 8:41am On May 16, 2015
Hello house pls wer can I download the study permit questionnaire bin searching for it on d cic site Buh I can't find pls help nd wats d form code thanx alot
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Omonjoe(m): 9:23am On May 16, 2015
thanks, so LEAVE OF ABSENCE has no effect on one's study permit. In d new regulation, I read an International student must be ACTIVELY registered in a school and CONTINUOSLY pursuing his studies for him t o ve a legal stay and work in Canada and leave of absence is a break in studies so will dt not ve effect on study permit and ability to work in Canada?
cc
Siga
JJCE:
it depend,.i thought you can work on campus and make some cool cash, but it seem you can't work off campus until u meet up with require gp in your first year...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 9:30am On May 16, 2015
JJCE:

Not true, you can work on or off campus immediately as long as its stated in your study permit and you have done the necessary reg for it. There's a specified number of hours you can work in a week as a student.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 10:12am On May 16, 2015
[b]1. Bobola86; Jan 30, Concordia University College of Alberta, online, PG TRV
2. Jengbetiele; Feb 15, UofS, Online, TRV
3. Pmiller1:Feb 17, Sask Poly, Dip, Online, DELAYED
4. uchetorial: Feb 17 Sask Poly,PG -Paper Route
5. Hesque: Feb 19, Humber, PG, Online, TRV
6. CruzAj: Feb 19, NSCC, Pgd, paper, DELAYED
7. Joeyf: Feb 26, NSCC, DIP,Online
8. Yreg: Mar 02, MUN, Pgd, Online, MEDICAL
9. Waledarep: Mar 03, MUN, Advanced Dip, Paper, DELAYED
10. Ohammed199: Mar 06, University of Manitoba, UG, Online DELAYED
11. Marcuskens: Mar 08, MUN, Online
12. Dapsey66: Mar 10, Centennial college, PGD, Online
13. Newww1: Mar 17, Lakeland College, PG, Online
14. ada4all: Mar 29, Seneca College, PG, Online. DELAYED
15. Moheat: April 8 Humber College, Diploma, online,
16. Sexysammy0906: April 8, Vancouver Island University, MBA, Paper MEDICAL
17. Jakay: April 8, MI of MUN, Adv. Diploma, Online
18. Darefestus April 23rd, UofL, PG, Online
19.CruzAj: April 24, NSCC, Pgd, paper Route
20. Hayqinsb; April 27, Seneca, Adv dip, paper route.
21.Bepzi4jesus April 8th, Okanaga College, Diploma, Online route.
22. nigeriannewbie May 5, U of Ottawa, PGD, paper
23. berexio1 May 7, university of waterloo, Meng, online
24. Joeyf: May 26, NSCC, DIP,Online
25, zattiezat; may 15 ,U of S, Masters,paper

If you have admission and have applied for TRV Please provide the following information **Submission date**Institution* **Mode of submission: Online/Paper **level of study BEST WISHES[/b]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mPop(f): 10:30am On May 16, 2015
so no one has ever applied for refund on this thread before
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 10:44am On May 16, 2015
[b]1. Bobola86; Jan 30, Concordia University College of Alberta, online, PG TRV
2. Jengbetiele; Feb 15, UofS, Online, TRV
3. Pmiller1:Feb 17, Sask Poly, Dip, Online, DELAYED
4. uchetorial: Feb 17 Sask Poly,PG -Paper Route
5. Hesque: Feb 19, Humber, PG, Online, TRV
6. CruzAj: Feb 19, NSCC, Pgd, paper, DELAYED
7. Joeyf: Feb 26, NSCC, DIP,Online
8. Yreg: Mar 02, MUN, Pgd, Online, MEDICAL
9. Waledarep: Mar 03, MUN, Advanced Dip, Paper, DELAYED
10. Ohammed199: Mar 06, University of Manitoba, UG, Online DELAYED
11. Marcuskens: Mar 08, MUN, Online
12. Dapsey66: Mar 10, Centennial college, PGD, Online
13. Newww1: Mar 17, Lakeland College, PG, Online
14. ada4all: Mar 29, Seneca College, PG, Online. DELAYED
15. Moheat: April 8 Humber College, Diploma, online,
16. Sexysammy0906: April 8, Vancouver Island University, MBA, Paper MEDICAL
17. Jakay: April 8, MI of MUN, Adv. Diploma, Online
18. Darefestus April 23rd, UofL, PG, Online
19.CruzAj: April 24, NSCC, Pgd, paper Route
20. Hayqinsb; April 27, Seneca, Adv dip, paper route.
21.Bepzi4jesus April 8th, Okanaga College, Diploma, Online route.
22. nigeriannewbie May 5, U of Ottawa, PGD, paper
23. berexio1 May 7, university of waterloo, Meng, online
24. Joeyf: May 26, NSCC, DIP,Online
25, zattiezat; may 15 ,U of S, Masters,paper
26. Team12; May 15, UofW, Masters, Online

If you have admission and have applied for TRV Please provide the following information **Submission date**Institution* **Mode of submission: Online/Paper **level of study BEST WISHES[/b]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 10:50am On May 16, 2015
mPop:
so no one has ever applied for refund on this thread before

I requested refund from Lambton, it took over 8weeks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 10:59am On May 16, 2015
Guys I have not received biometrics mail ooo. I got an email that i have a mail on my cic. I logged in and it still reads "No messages"
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by deedee0: 11:17am On May 16, 2015
Team12:
Guys I have not received biometrics mail ooo. I got an email that i have a mail on my cic. I logged in and it still reads "No messages"

Check the 'submitted application' column.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 11:37am On May 16, 2015
It's not there. The only message I have is "Confirmation of Online Application Transmission".

deedee0:

Check the 'submitted application' column.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by treyfly(m): 11:59am On May 16, 2015
JJCE:
you can use for the first year,and it will quite easy in your second year to get money, cos you can work on campus and off campus, but it depend if meet up with the require gp in your first year......
oh like getting money in second year..is for work on and off campus which is basically for accommodation, feeding, and other expenses not for tuition...??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Onyeoma3: 12:05pm On May 16, 2015
luvly3:

It's 300 CAD max withdrawal a day which is pretty useless if you want to pay fees, , except you using POS.

$340 CAD.... Equivalent of $300 USD

(1) (2) (3) ... (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.