Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,664 members, 7,813,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:00 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (473) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1149434 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Solo8(m): 10:44pm On Jun 02, 2015
bc2015:

'a for profit college'? can u please explain sire

Those are the schools that are not funded at all by the government. you can look them up, schools like ITT, Everest College, CDI College etc
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mevisbleek: 10:45pm On Jun 02, 2015
Ogbeche77:
Irrespective of where you apply on earth.. So far its a Naija passport, na 2 years..

Ogbeche my brother/sister give me a good reason why u think say I die lie sir? I can send it to u if it will calm u down. No disrespect sir/madame
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 10:48pm On Jun 02, 2015
Ogbeche77:
Irrespective of where you apply on earth.. So far its a Naija passport, na 2 years..

A few permanent residents I know of in canada applied for us visa and got 10 years. Oga siga has even mentioned it before on an old thread.
You should ask questions, you don't just call someone a liar out of the blues, its rather rude and unfair.

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jun 02, 2015
Bros.. Its not a possibility,except you have a leave of indefinite stay or a PR holder.. 10 years B1 on naija passport is far from the truth..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by richcasey: 10:55pm On Jun 02, 2015
lol this battle is serious. although i dey behind mevisbleek hehe. i don choose side be that grin grin bros ogbeche, no disrespect
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by montrealer: 10:58pm On Jun 02, 2015
mevisbleek did mention that he/she is a PR holder.

Ogbeche77:
Bros.. Its not a possibility,except you have a leave of indefinite stay or a PR holder.. 10 years B1 on naija passport is far from the truth..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 10:58pm On Jun 02, 2015
Ogbeche77:

But you should have asked if he's a pr holder first.. He for sweet like that.
Rather than call him a liar.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jun 02, 2015
tnuola:

A few permanent residents I know of in canada applied for us visa and got 10 years. Oga siga has even mentioned it before on an old thread.
You should ask questions, you don't just call someone a liar out of the blues, its rather rude and unfair.
Common don't white knight... His initial post didn't mention anything about having a PR..
He said he discussed with the VO about some Baltimore restaurant and he got 10 years.. And if it were to be naija, he won't have gotten 10 years
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mevisbleek: 10:59pm On Jun 02, 2015
Ogbeche77:

I'm a PR holder sir. If u doubt about the 10yrs it's ok. I respect u for standing behind ur belief. A kid might think that wearing his scandals the wrong way is the right thing to do because na where him brain reach. No disrespect sir.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jun 02, 2015
montrealer:

mevisbleek did mention that he/she is a PR holder.

If u earn $300,000 a year and drive a Nissan sentra, does it add up?

The truth is that these guys work on a quota system and when it's approaching they try to scale down and it's also based on Luck.
Someone might not be mentally ready for a 4yr phd after his MBA and might decided to do a diploma just to acquire additional knowledge.

The truth is that our economy is bad and these guys prey on us. When I applied for us visa, the VO didn't ask me any question, he was only suggesting some restaurant I should try out when I get to Baltimore. After all said and done he gave me 10yrs visa. If it were to be in naija they will just do anyhow.

I pray buhari govt does something better cos these people called vos are just messing with us. Sorry tho I'm kinda sounding harsh but I'm super upset with what is happening to my fellow Nigerians. Inukwa
I didn't see any mention of PR in this initial post
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 11:01pm On Jun 02, 2015
Ogbeche77:
Common don't white knight... His initial post didn't mention anything about having a PR..
He said he discussed with the VO about some Baltimore restaurant and he got 10 years.. And if it were to be naija, he won't have gotten 10 years

But if you read the thread, you would have read at a point that's he's a pr holder.

Calm down and ask questions sometimes bruh.
Don't accuse pple when you know nothing about them or their profile.
Life is never that serious.

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jun 02, 2015
mevisbleek:

I'm a PR holder sir. If u doubt about the 10yrs it's ok. I respect u for standing behind ur belief. A kid might think that wearing his scandals the wrong way is the right thing to do because na where him brain reach. No disrespect sir.
oh.. I never saw that in your initial post.. Sorry for my outburst. I just don't want peeps to be mislead wink wink
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by opendurs: 11:05pm On Jun 02, 2015
Hello House,

Please I'll need help with the following questions.
1) For a certificate course in Canada (13k cdn), can a SOA of about 5.3m pass (1.1m from me 4.2m from my sponsor)?
2) Can I get a sample SOP?
I would also like to see Pchax's SOP.

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by montrealer: 11:05pm On Jun 02, 2015
Hi Tosinfemi,

Sorry about your unfavourable application outcome.

In addition, please don't take this the wrong way but you appear to have a lot of certificates already. This might lead one to wonder if getting another certificate will make a difference unless your goal would be not to come back. No disrespect intended, just my two cents opinion. So consider adding details of your career progression (work experience etc) in your SOP to try and convince them otherwise.

tnuola:
Hello Tosinfemi,

Sorry to read about your delay. like i always say, i'm no guru or expert but il chip in a thing or two, to add to what others have.

1. Travel history - This is usually an extra extra, expect you've ever overstayed in any country.

2. family ties - This is one reason that has been popping up of late but i dont understand it. im sorry.

3. purpose of visit - This is where i think the problem is :
i. your previous acadamic profile dsnt tally with your intended course of study, theyre way way diff. To go through with it this, it would make sense if your present work experience is in line with ur intended course of study.
ii. there seems to be no progression, from mba to a pdg to do this succesfully ur sop has to be dope and strong enough to convinve the vo that it is what u want to do and not a phd or something.

4.personal assests - i see u dint submit ur soa. in your next app pls submit ur soa and payslips if u work. no matter how little.

cheers
padorn d typos if there are any, no time to read through.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 11:05pm On Jun 02, 2015
Please ask me what my business is that I'm using panadal for another mans headache? LOL!!!!!

In other news, Manover and Gravition2 are you ready? Your medical calls are up

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mevisbleek: 11:10pm On Jun 02, 2015
Ogbeche77:
oh.. I never saw that in your initial post.. Sorry for my outburst. I just don't want peeps to be mislead wink wink

No problem sir
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 11:11pm On Jun 02, 2015
opendurs:
Hello House,

Please I'll need help with the following questions.
1) For a certificate course in Canada (13k cdn), can a SOA of about 5.3m pass (1.1m from me 4.2m from my sponsor)?
2) Can I get a sample SOP?
I would also like to see Pchax's SOP.

Thanks

Hi Opendurs,

Yes it will pass if supported with necessary documents.

Go back a few pages, someone posted a dropbox link to pchax's sop

You're welcome

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Kepner(f): 11:13pm On Jun 02, 2015
harkinhola:

Yeah, you will surely meet people from different educational background, it has been really challenging, but am done with all those courses now. If you are doing research based that is MEBT and not MSC, then be ready for so many courses, just be ready for mad work.

Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 11:15pm On Jun 02, 2015
I think I like montrealer already smiley

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by richcasey: 11:25pm On Jun 02, 2015
tnuola:

hmmmmm tongue

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by opendurs: 12:25am On Jun 03, 2015
tnuola:

Hi Opendurs,

Yes it will pass if supported with necessary documents.

Go back a few pages, someone posted a dropbox link to pchax's sop

You're welcome

@Tnuola, thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Crich(f): 1:04am On Jun 03, 2015
Pls, help
I was completing the eligibility questionnaire and when I got to the question that has the designated countries, I was taken to another page that talks about countries who need medical exam. Infact, I don't understand.
Must I complete this eligibility form?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 1:08am On Jun 03, 2015
You should na.

The application is stepwise so completing the eligibility form will lead you to the application for student visa page itself(if you qualify).
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Crich(f): 1:14am On Jun 03, 2015
darefestus:
You should na.

The application is stepwise so completing the eligibility form will lead you to the application for student visa page itself(if you qualify).

Supposed. But I did twice, and it's said I was eligible only for me to find myself in the medical exams page
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 1:15am On Jun 03, 2015
Crich:

Supposed. But I did twice, and it's said I was eligible only for me to find myself in the medical exams page

Do you want to start your online application tonight?

As in, now?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Crich(f): 1:23am On Jun 03, 2015
darefestus:

Do you want to start your online application tonight?

As in, now?

Yes, just the start. Why?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 1:25am On Jun 03, 2015
Crich:

Yes, just the start. Why?
There's a step-by-step guide that Chrigo posted on part five(page 72).
If you are stuck you could refer to it for guidance.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Crich(f): 1:43am On Jun 03, 2015
darefestus:

Thanks a lot
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Crich(f): 1:58am On Jun 03, 2015
darefestus:

Is work an essential component ur study? Yes or no
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 2:26am On Jun 03, 2015
After all d love I havv 4 u that I hav bn hiding
A stranger comes aand ure iin love
cry cry cry cry
tnuola:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Oyeleye2011(m): 2:45am On Jun 03, 2015
Graviton2:

10 years US visa?! lipsrsealed undecided

This is the first time I'm hearing of it.

Yes my brother. It is all true. I don't believe it too when my Jamaica friend in my school show me his passport and also my Indian friend too also in my college. These guys are not even permanent residence. TheY carry student visa like me too. But surprisingly they also have 10 years us visa. Meanwhile they only apply here in canada. Now, I think this cannot happen to any nigerian except you are citizen or PR holder. Imagine, they see nigerian people as a poor people despirate to move out of the poverty country. I don't blame them. But I blame our government for this shame they are making nigerian to face in abroad. For me to be acepted into my community as a nigerian, I gave to correct their past impression about nigerian but they have had enough of us. Yes that is the reason why V.O are so strict on our application because they don't know who is truly coming to Canada or usa to study or not. Because they know that the country is bad and all youth want to leave the country. I pray that this new administration will do something about nigeria. Am always happy and bold to tell another in canada that I am from nigeria. God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by pweetyfelicia: 3:07am On Jun 03, 2015
@justica good to know you have done the needful.Goodluck in your next app.

(1) (2) (3) ... (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.