Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,971 members, 7,863,460 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:13 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1168127 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by adebimpe1988(f): 1:19pm On Dec 27, 2014
IELTS exam payment online is 35k but bank draft is 38k n d office is at ikoyi in Lagos
justicia:
Merrry Xmas Pple! Abeg I wan do IELTS, how much is it and which center would u recommend. Secondly how much is WES evaluation and how long does it take after they have received one's transcript.. Thanks everyone!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by adebimpe1988(f): 1:24pm On Dec 27, 2014
Was also advised to do PGD first instead of masters directly,because of my cgpa n mine was 3.24,d first skool I applied to didn't give me admission, haven't gotten any school yet but u can try yours
chucksbadt:
Good day house, please with a CGPA OF 3.08/4, what University in Canada will you advise me to apply in for a Masters degree program.....i plan to do my Masters in communication engineering
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by chucksbadt(m): 1:28pm On Dec 27, 2014
adebimpe1988:
Was also advised to do PGD first instead of masters directly,because of my cgpa n mine was 3.24,d first skool I applied to didn't give me admission, haven't gotten any school yet but u can try yours

So do you have any idea of their minimum requirements
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by chucksbadt(m): 1:38pm On Dec 27, 2014
Good day house, please with a CGPA OF 3.08/4, what
University in Canada will you advise me to apply in for
a Masters degree program.....i plan to do my Masters
in communication engineering.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by moanthony(m): 1:41pm On Dec 27, 2014
[color=#000099][/color] grin
mrnilobrawn:

I see you boss
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by moanthony(m): 1:42pm On Dec 27, 2014
chucksbadt:
3.08/4 is a very good cgpa that would qualify u to apply to very many schls in canada.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by misszionboo(f): 1:44pm On Dec 27, 2014
Tsola6:
Hmm! I tried using Ethiopian airlines n it was telling me minimum of 120hrs required. I wanted to book directly tru their site but apparently I can't
. I've booked British airways the morning of my flight. Maybe depends on d airline. But agents still sell tickets even on d. Flight morningg
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by moanthony(m): 1:45pm On Dec 27, 2014
chucksbadt:
well you have to try to check up schools that offer that course. If u hav a list of such schools, alongside other criteria like cost, den advice can be given on which to pick.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by adebimpe1988(f): 2:39pm On Dec 27, 2014
Just transcript n will pay $95 for application fee
chucksbadt:

So do you have any idea of their minimum requirements
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by OtunbaJega: 2:41pm On Dec 27, 2014
chucksbadt:
there are no admission officers here... Contact the school first sir

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by adebimpe1988(f): 2:42pm On Dec 27, 2014
Kindly pls those that have applied to centennial college pls what's d procedure, I applied through international centennial college n d message I got was to fax my transcript, pls is it d normal line. Tanx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by justicia: 3:03pm On Dec 27, 2014
chucksbadt:
Hello. Which Uni uses 4.0 in Nigeria, or did u recalculate ur CGPA over 4.0. If so, pls what was ur CGPA over 5.0. Wana see if I can recalculate my own too /4.0. I have 3.35/5.0 btw.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by adebimpe1988(f): 3:09pm On Dec 27, 2014
Someone should pls help out
adebimpe1988:
Kindly pls those that have applied to centennial college pls what's d procedure, I applied through international centennial college n d message I got was to fax my transcript, pls is it d normal line. Tanx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by justicia: 3:13pm On Dec 27, 2014
@mrnilobrawn and adebimpe, thanks a lot. @adebimpe, whr in Ikoyi is their office, is it British Council? Do you know their website? Can it be done on Saturday?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by vicarsenal(m): 3:51pm On Dec 27, 2014
adebimpe1988:

I sent them a scanned copy through email.
When they give you admission, you'll be asked to pay tuition fees deposit of 2600cad, before you can receive your acceptance letter.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by evergreeny2k: 3:54pm On Dec 27, 2014
@ Justica yes it is British Council. Thompson street Ikoyi
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by evergreeny2k: 4:04pm On Dec 27, 2014
For those applying for TRV,I will advice you just as I was adviced by my brothe when I was applying too..Keep your application simple.Leaving no gaps.Don't let the VO reason your documents out. Make it self explanatory. This is where your Sop is key too. Don't make your SOP a resume but make it concise and real.
Another thing is make out time to read this thread from part 4.
Above all this is the Grace of the Almighty. If its your path,He will surely make a way.
A joyful new year dearest e- family.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by evergreeny2k: 4:10pm On Dec 27, 2014
Applied 14th Oct
Biometrics 15th Oct
Medical request 6th Dec
Medical done 12th Dec
Passed 16th Dec
Passport request 23rd Dec
Application closed and approved 24th Dec

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by adebimpe1988(f): 4:27pm On Dec 27, 2014
Tanx n pls d transcript that is with me presently on it is a student copy,pls will dey accept it or can it b adjusted,I mean erased wen scanned
vicarsenal:

I sent them a scanned copy through email.
When they give you admission, you'll be asked to pay tuition fees deposit of 2600cad, before you can receive your acceptance letter.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by diamondsare4eva: 4:29pm On Dec 27, 2014
@evergreeny2k, can you please share documents submitted to help others in gathering their documents. How much was on ur SOA
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by adebimpe1988(f): 4:31pm On Dec 27, 2014
Info.nigeria@ng.british council.org,doesn't open on Saturdays
justicia:
@mrnilobrawn and adebimpe, thanks a lot. @adebimpe, whr in Ikoyi is their office, is it British Council? Do you know their website? Can it be done on Saturday?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by myownlife(m): 4:50pm On Dec 27, 2014
evergreeny2k:
Applied 14th Oct
Biometrics 15th Oct
Medical request 6th Dec
Medical done 12th Dec
Passed 16th Dec
Passport request 23rd Dec
Application closed and approved 24th Dec
Congrats! Abeg share your success story like the ancestors do.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 27, 2014
Good day E-Fam Please can i change my 3yrs course to a 2 yrs course in another college within ontario
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Akin26: 4:56pm On Dec 27, 2014
myownlife:

Anyway, I expected you to have read the previous thread before this (part 6) and also to have at least started this from the beginning.
From your list, SOP (statement of purpose) /LOE (Letter of explanation) is missing. You are expected to harmonise/defend all your document and intention in words to convince the VO that you are a genuine student. This is necessary because trv is granted without physical interviews. So all you need to when you fire back or that you should have do is to address the refusal reason in doc and with convincing and provable explanation that must make sense without contradiction. Samples of the trv winning SOP are flying around and @pchax SOP link is even on about 4 or 5pages backwards.
Best of luck bro.
thanks so much br..I appreciate
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 5:01pm On Dec 27, 2014
oghos2k:

Safe flight to my main man Oghos2k, Uni. Regina awaits you bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Akin26: 5:09pm On Dec 27, 2014
tnuola:

Your documents are really few,
ASSET AND FINANCIAL STATUS
1. You submitted statement of account? Who was your sponsor?
2. What does, he or she do? How did u prove how he/she came about the money in the account ( employment letter where he works, that's if he works, or cac documents if he or she owns a business)
3. No letter of sponsorship or affidavit of support?

PURPOSE OF TRAVEL
1. What did you study in uni,
2. What level of studies are you going for l.e diploma,pdge,MSC or PhD ?
3.is your intended course related to your undergraduate studies or do u have work experience in it?
4. If not you should have written a statement of purpose stating why you intend to study the course and its benefit to Nigeria afterwards
LENGTH OF STAY
1. This too needs an Sop, where u stylishly emphasize that you will come back to develop your country
EMPLOYMENT
1. What do you currently? Got a job or nah
TRAVEL HISTORY isn't much of a biggie.

Pls do answer these questions, these are the little I can remember now.. People in the house will help you tackle when you answer.
Cheers
thanks so much I appreciate ...
1.my sponsor his my uncle. he stated it in the sponsorship letter that am his nephew.. thou I dint put his employment letter in my applications cause it was not stated there I needed such.
2. I studied History and international studies in school...but am changing my field I applied for pgd in international business management at fleming college ( I have a back ground in it which I stated in my application)
3.presently am unemployed finished my nysc in October 2013..basically since no job was forthcoming i put all my attention and time in graduate program in Canada. applied to Memorial university early in the year bur it dint click...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ryd3(m): 6:08pm On Dec 27, 2014
OtunbaJega:
its a good institution
Thanks Bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by myownlife(m): 7:07pm On Dec 27, 2014
Akin26:

thanks so much br..I appreciate
You are welcome. Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by chucksbadt(m): 7:41pm On Dec 27, 2014
justicia:
Hello. Which Uni uses 4.0 in Nigeria, or did u recalculate ur CGPA over 4.0. If so, pls what was ur CGPA over 5.0. Wana see if I can recalculate my own too /4.0. I have 3.35/5.0 btw.

I schooled in Ghana, our max CGPA is 4.0
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by holyjacket: 8:34pm On Dec 27, 2014
Anyone in the e-house going to edmonton? Please lets hook up.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Vycta(m): 9:15pm On Dec 27, 2014
OtunbaJega:

I am a student too and presently in Manitoba.... Will be glad to meet

Supervisor, supervisor, supervisor.... How do I get one abeg e don dey tire me true abeg help

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (502)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.