Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,424 members, 7,822,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

**king Of Poet** {group A} Laykorn Vs Testerfuze - Rap Battles - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / **king Of Poet** {group A} Laykorn Vs Testerfuze (1246 Views)

|**|NL King-Of-Poet(Group Stage[A] Battle): Darkrebel Vs Testerfuze|**| / * * ~ Lord Of The Rings : Quarter Finals : Fuckyouhard Vs Testerfuze ~ * * / * * ~ Lord Of The Rings : Limerick Vs Testerfuze ~ * * (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

**king Of Poet** {group A} Laykorn Vs Testerfuze by kr0ne(m): 6:31pm On Dec 08, 2014
Topic: The Sky is Within My Limit

Instruction: It is self-explanatory. We've done something similar to this. Sky being within your reach is as well as saying nothing is impossible for you to achieve. So explain

Creativity-- 2 points

Flow- - 1 point

Rhyme Scheme-- 2 points

Consistency/Topic-- 4 points

Lit Elements/Metaphors-- 2 points

Vocabulary-- 2 points

Imagery --2 points

Rules (must be strictly adhered to)

- 8bars/16Lines...

- Deadline is Wednesday, 10th of Dec, 2014

- Verses should be posted by both contestants on
or not later than deadline date.

- No biting, swaying, stretching, feeding or
recycling.

- No complaining about votes.

- No dissing of opponent

- No unnecessary comments

- Good luck!
Re: **king Of Poet** {group A} Laykorn Vs Testerfuze by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 08, 2014
[b]The sky's within my limit so I do a thousand things,try to combine/
It's a spirit so I try more and when I don't get what I want I re brand,try to refine/
Cos success ain't your count o' gold but how much you go beyond the sky,the way I define/
See me going beyond the sky,before it was poetry addiction,today I was diagnosed with rap incline/

The sky's within my limit and that's why I'm here tonight/
Rhymes are mystifying,but I I'm here with my first rhymes fighting for a Kings' crown, yeah I'm alright/
You know I stand atop the skies and that seems plain impossible to your heretic mind./
You run in sneakers, on tracks, away from facts, get this into your head man,it doesn't take time./

The sky's within my limit so I stand atop it hustling,moving steps closer to success/
Today I had another call from another popular actress/
Said she's broke,gave her plenty money in dollars but I still got trillions in my account with Access/
That's why I gotta fly more cos when these things happen only in my dreams what's the essence?/

The sky's within my limit so I try to be many at once. Mandela, Obama, and now Commando./
My brother said its impossible,and it said 'm possible so I took some classes in Taekwondo./
Now I give these speeches, free these masses and knock out rude niggas to stupor with my magical kick combos/
So when they wake,they talk of seeing Commando and the dope ones say they were knocked out by Candal's 1Hobo/

The sky's within my limit and that's why I write some poetry/
Comes from deep within,announces some kind of body and mind silent solidarity/
I used to think inking lines were impossible for me,but I was gradually becoming R. Brooke when he inked of peace or unity/
But the day I crossed the sky, I edited my copy of the dictionary and crossed out in permanent ink, the word 'impossibility/

"The sky's within my limit" it talks about me/
I heard it first when I was young but I took it unserious cos I was mad loving Simbi/
But I remember hearing it first from a loser, late now, was a symbol of misery/
Funny he said it, cos losers have the sky above them, but never within their limits/

Winning is a choice/

The sky's within my limit and that's why I threw all choices away but kept 'winning'/
There were days I was so lonely, and stared at the ceiling so much I crushed on the ceiling/
But the next day, I still went hustling, hiding my real self behind these smiles,hiding those awry feelings/
My real self is somewhere on a lonely island, crying or reading or writing or sleeping, doing something/

I hide it, try to forget it so I'm not always sure where it is or what its doing/
But cos the sky's within my limit, I battle the challenges, jump the hurdles, if its all about winning/
And if someone ever calls this  thing 8 bars,remember I scripted it/
Scripting this, is my definition of winning.
[/b]

Ayamlaykorn

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: **king Of Poet** {group A} Laykorn Vs Testerfuze by Testerfuze(m): 8:24pm On Dec 10, 2014
Laykorn pls modify your post cus I won't be able to post tonight cus I was pretty busy to script today....pls pardon me till tommorow

Tags

Kr0ne
Guykhena
Re: **king Of Poet** {group A} Laykorn Vs Testerfuze by Testerfuze(m): 7:12pm On Dec 11, 2014
THE SKY IS WITHIN MY LIMIT

The sun goes down and stars come out/
My writtens 'll go places so my bars born Proud/
Only left for me to spill it/
No Shortcut dramas or gimmicks/
Cus its a believe i had in me that the sky's within my limit/

Me... A overhyped Hippo/
Bros abeg Biko/
Am destined for the top and impossible not in my dico/

Life is not a bed of Roses,so dnt expect to sleep on it/
If fatai Rolling dollar @ 86 or 40 years Old giggs on Kit/
Could deliver,how much more of a teenager like me yappin spits on spits/
With the gees on Street/
Freestyle wit my niggas while i treat the. text world wit my written frees on sheets/

Who that??/
The coming of a messiah who's gat/
The power to change the universe rude acts/
Best believe the True fact/
Am a believer myself plus i DReam big and wide like say na toolz back/

Hustlers hustlin on they grind/
Steven wonder and cobhams Both made it blind/
So am inclined to believe Success sorely depends on your current state of mind/

I dnt care bout who recycles,i dnt care bout the dogs biting/
Cus am already Dead,witness the uprising/you think its impossible for me to rise again from whr i lie since/
Wêll tester came back with more Energy in him...fuse gone bison/

Gud ent gud enough,cus after good thr is a better/
So I'll kneel and plead with nature...amma beg her/
To pls give me her feathers/
To elevate myself cus the sky ent a Limit whr there is an ether.

#Rapberry.

1 Like

Re: **king Of Poet** {group A} Laykorn Vs Testerfuze by kr0ne(m): 8:17pm On Dec 11, 2014
Open for votes

Mikuz
Guykhena
Elymaxiimus
Krone
Emaprince
Loonat11kk
Re: **king Of Poet** {group A} Laykorn Vs Testerfuze by Emaprince: 8:47pm On Dec 11, 2014
Hustlers hustlin on they grind/
Steven wonder and cobhams Both made it blind/
So am inclined to believe Success sorely depends on your current state of mind/

Nice one!

Laykorn's verse looks longer..

Creativity-- 2 point-testerfuze..just one line though

Flow- - 1 point-testerfuze...laykorn's lines are too long for easy flow..y'all know this is rap section so even if na poetry,we need it to be flowable!

Rhyme Scheme-- 2 points-tie

consistency/Topic-- 4 points-tie...testerfuze kept it simple,ayamykorn was deeper and touched more angles but for the steve and cobham reference,testerfuze tied it.

Lit Elements/Metaphors-- 2 points-testerfuze for that "bed of roses "line

Vocabulary-- 2 points-ayam laykorn

Imagery --2 points-ayamlaykorn

MVGT-testerfuze!
Re: **king Of Poet** {group A} Laykorn Vs Testerfuze by kr0ne(m): 2:24pm On Dec 12, 2014
Creativity-- 2 points - - Tie

Flow- - 1 point - -Testerfuze

Rhyme Scheme-- 2 points - - Tie

Consistency/Topic-- 4 points - - Testerfuze

Lit Elements/Metaphors-- 2 points - - Laykorn

Vocabulary-- 2 points - - Laykorn

Imagery --2 points - -Tie

Mvgt - - -Testerfuze

Laykorn, this is your first battle on the rap section, and I must say I'm really impressed by your performance. You're a good poet, to be sincere, but this is Rap section. You lacked that swag of a rapper in your verse. I hope to see you in battles some other time

Testerfuze, why 7 bars instead of 8, abi you no read the instruction? No try am again o, we even gave you time
Re: **king Of Poet** {group A} Laykorn Vs Testerfuze by Testerfuze(m): 5:09pm On Dec 12, 2014
kr0ne:
Creativity-- 2 points - - Tie

Flow- - 1 point - -Testerfuze

Rhyme Scheme-- 2 points - - Tie

Consistency/Topic-- 4 points - - Testerfuze

Lit Elements/Metaphors-- 2 points - - Laykorn

Vocabulary-- 2 points - - Laykorn

Imagery --2 points - -Tie

Mvgt - - -Testerfuze

Laykorn, this is your first battle on the rap section, and I must say I'm really impressed by your performance. You're a good poet, to be sincere, but this is Rap section. You lacked that swag of a rapper in your verse. I hope to see you in battles some other time

Testerfuze, why 7 bars instead of 8, abi you no read the instruction? No try am again o, we even gave you time

Oga kr0ne abeg no vex...na Rush i take script sef i was too busy thats why,...i don Vow say nuttin go make me vickybash untop NL so instead of pullin a no-show i had to write sumtin anyway.
Re: **king Of Poet** {group A} Laykorn Vs Testerfuze by Emaprince: 5:43pm On Dec 12, 2014
kr0ne:
. You're a good poet, to be sincere, but this is Rap section. You lacked that swag of a rapper in your verse.
honestly mehn,the lack of swag in his verse bored me die!..and the way he droped his rhymes where forced and disjointed I must say..but its his first time though,he'll still grow.
Re: **king Of Poet** {group A} Laykorn Vs Testerfuze by Nobody: 6:13pm On Dec 12, 2014
Emaprince:
honestly mehn,the lack of swag in his verse bored me die!..and the way he droped his rhymes where forced and disjointed I must say..but its his first time though,he'll still grow.
Yeah I will grow. embarassed
Thanks kr0ne. I'll try to work on that.
Emaprince, I'll grow. Thanks.
Ayamlaykorn
Re: **king Of Poet** {group A} Laykorn Vs Testerfuze by kr0ne(m): 7:20pm On Dec 12, 2014
laykorn:

Yeah I will grow. embarassed
Thanks kr0ne. I'll try to work on that.
Emaprince, I'll grow. Thanks.
Ayamlaykorn
My advice, visit here more often and drop bars on FFR. With time u'll grow (I know ur considered d0pe in ur own poetry world. Your vocabulary is out of the world. But here, ur style looks kinda boring coz it doesn't match with ours. Ksslib is a good example. He was dropping boring lines here when he newly joined but gradually...not gradually. He improved with such speed he won his first battle! So I believe u'd do same, if not better, if u continue dropping lines here. And it will also help u grow as a poet

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: **king Of Poet** {group A} Laykorn Vs Testerfuze by Nobody: 7:37pm On Dec 12, 2014
kr0ne:

My advice, visit here more often and drop bars on FFR. With time u'll grow (I know ur considered d0pe in ur own poetry world. Your vocabulary is out of the world. But here, ur style looks kinda boring coz it doesn't match with ours. Ksslib is a good example. He was dropping boring lines here when he newly joined but gradually...not gradually. He improved with such speed he won his first battle! So I believe u'd do same, if not better, if u continue dropping lines here. And it will also help u grow as a poet

Thanks kr0ne. Where's FFR?
Ayamlaykorn
Re: **king Of Poet** {group A} Laykorn Vs Testerfuze by gottoboy(m): 8:23pm On Dec 12, 2014
Laykorn ϔӫц impressed me bro
Re: **king Of Poet** {group A} Laykorn Vs Testerfuze by kr0ne(m): 8:30pm On Dec 12, 2014
laykorn:

Thanks kr0ne. Where's FFR?
Ayamlaykorn
https://www.nairaland.com/200489/flow-rank#3141048
Re: **king Of Poet** {group A} Laykorn Vs Testerfuze by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 12, 2014
kr0ne:

Closed thread.
Ayamlaykorn
Re: **king Of Poet** {group A} Laykorn Vs Testerfuze by kr0ne(m): 8:33pm On Dec 12, 2014
laykorn:

Closed thread.
Ayamlaykorn
Check again
Re: **king Of Poet** {group A} Laykorn Vs Testerfuze by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 12, 2014
kr0ne:

Check again
Wow! So much to read and digest o'er there. Lemme get to work. Thanks. I still have a match before I'm out don't I sir?
Ayamlaykorn
Re: **king Of Poet** {group A} Laykorn Vs Testerfuze by Nobody: 9:05pm On Dec 12, 2014
gottoboy:
Laykorn ϔӫц impressed me bro

I Wow! You don't know how much this means to me. Thanks so much gottoboy
Ayamlaykorn
Re: **king Of Poet** {group A} Laykorn Vs Testerfuze by gottoboy(m): 11:40pm On Dec 12, 2014
laykorn:

I Wow! You don't know how much this means to me. Thanks so much gottoboy
Ayamlaykorn
You're welcomed, later this month we'ould do a poetry colabor! Αм featuring you! Ill hit you up whǝ̥̥Ω̴̩̩̩̥ αм ready
Re: **king Of Poet** {group A} Laykorn Vs Testerfuze by gottoboy(m): 11:42pm On Dec 12, 2014
laykorn:

Wow! So much to read and digest o'er there. Lemme get to work. Thanks. I still have a match before I'm out don't I sir?
Ayamlaykorn
Mayb if ℓ̊ loze my last match

(1) (Reply)

///|***NRBNT 2016: Jerrythafinisher Vs Drisklef***|\\\ / Crizzy Vz Blaqbonez (welcome To Hell) / A Thread For Rappers In Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.