Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,051 members, 7,821,619 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

How To Use Your Full Picture As Whatsapp Profile Pic Without Cropping - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Use Your Full Picture As Whatsapp Profile Pic Without Cropping (14963 Views)

When You Use French Flag As Facebook Profile Pic (photo) / How To Set Any Picture As Your BBM/WHATSAPP Display Picture Without Cropping / How To Use Your Full Picture As Whatsapp Profile Pic Without Cropping (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Use Your Full Picture As Whatsapp Profile Pic Without Cropping by ejigbo(m): 11:36pm On Dec 08, 2014
WhatsApp is the most popular messaging app on the planet right now! The best example of this statement is the fact that WhatsApp has been present on the position of ‘most popular free app’ for quite long time! Here, I’ll show you how one
can use an entire picture as the profile picture, without having to crop it, on WhatsApp.

Who doesn’t want to use an awesome profile picture on WhatsApp? Well, almost all of us want to use one! But the problem with this app is that it asks users to crop the picture, before it is being assigned as a profile picture! This means that in many cases, the entire picture is not displayed in
the profile pic!

How to solve this profile picture cropping problem in WhatsApp?

The solution is simple. If you observe closely, you’ll observe that WhatsApp asks users to crop the picture in ‘square’ shape.

Yes, so whatever other than that square structure is there, is left out.

Suppose the picture you want to use of slightly rectangle in shape, then it will not be cropped properly, since square is the shape the app wants!

So, one of the solution to solve this problem, and to use the entire image without cropping, is to resize it and make it square shaped! This can be done using simple computer programs like Paint!

But the problem here is that the image loses that sense of aesthetics! Simply re-sizing an image to square shape will leave if looking out of sorts and ‘compressed’. It won’t look good as your WhatsApp profile pic! Keeping that in mind, here is the best solution-

https://lh6.ggpht.com/Zk4JqYzouAo5OmIU-d3JhsauXnbUwV28KjkMA5L697asKNhe5mwywxzTurssLNK66g=h310

The best solution is to use the #SquareDroid
Image editing app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sergeyotro.sharpsquare&hl=en #SquareDroid
Image editing app
made by Sergey Otro! This app is aimed at making pictures square shaped, so that they can be used on apps like WhatsApp, without users needing to crop them!

The app is easy to use. You may select an already clicked image to be edited or you may click a fresh picture after opening the app! After selecting the image, the app will add border of certain thickness to the image. This is done to make the image
square shaped!

User can change the look and feel of the border added. Its color, texture, color gradient etc can be changed easily. The free version of this app is enough to get this task done efficiently! The final edited image can be saved. The image will be saved in a folder named #Square.

https://lh6.ggpht.com/aQsiJ_yxYx3cCT39vVyAut6jZyMPd01SWSTRvfaow-EFbihGwww_uBi7CXwlqM3WjXw=h310
This edited picture now can be used as the profile picture on WhatsApp by you! Since it is square shaped, thanks to the newly added border, one may use the entire image, not just a cropped section of it!

More tutorials@

http://spaceloaded.com/forum2_110583097.xhtml

1 Like

Re: How To Use Your Full Picture As Whatsapp Profile Pic Without Cropping by Nobody: 11:43pm On Dec 08, 2014
I know this na!what of those that don't have a computer? I was expecting at list 2 paragraphs on how to do it on your device.
This long process is for dp-addicts.

10 Likes

Re: How To Use Your Full Picture As Whatsapp Profile Pic Without Cropping by ejigbo(m): 11:58pm On Dec 08, 2014
This is not computer method o
Re: How To Use Your Full Picture As Whatsapp Profile Pic Without Cropping by yuncka: 1:28am On Dec 09, 2014
All this long project work just to upload my DP? I dey mad?

4 Likes

Re: How To Use Your Full Picture As Whatsapp Profile Pic Without Cropping by AKMoney1(m): 2:42am On Dec 09, 2014
Thanks but no thanks. O ti long ju.
Re: How To Use Your Full Picture As Whatsapp Profile Pic Without Cropping by kimond101: 6:32am On Dec 09, 2014
Step one: Depending on the screen of thephone munch the screen.
Step two: use the pic as whatsapp dp.

3 Likes

Re: How To Use Your Full Picture As Whatsapp Profile Pic Without Cropping by dawoyo(m): 7:13am On Dec 09, 2014
kimond101:
Step one: Depending on the screen of thephone munch the screen.
Step two: use the pic as whatsapp dp.
Works perfectly. Tnc

2 Likes

Re: How To Use Your Full Picture As Whatsapp Profile Pic Without Cropping by simdam500(m): 10:45am On Dec 09, 2014
instead snap the pix using 1:1.

simple
Re: How To Use Your Full Picture As Whatsapp Profile Pic Without Cropping by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 09, 2014
Thanks, it worked for me.
I used photo editor to resize the pic to 400 by 400 and it fit exactly into the box
Re: How To Use Your Full Picture As Whatsapp Profile Pic Without Cropping by Odinaka00(m): 3:16pm On Dec 09, 2014
For guys we get time shaa... But some people get time o lol
Re: How To Use Your Full Picture As Whatsapp Profile Pic Without Cropping by dusting79: 1:17pm On Oct 11, 2021
This feature I have seen in this OGWhatsApp Apk which is a modified version of WhatsApp if you ar unable to use this feature in official WhatsApp then I think you have download this OGWhatsApp Apk
Re: How To Use Your Full Picture As Whatsapp Profile Pic Without Cropping by garyjohnson1: 5:09pm On Dec 07, 2021
dusting79:
This feature I have seen in this OGWhatsApp Apk which is a modified version of WhatsApp if you are unable to use this feature in official WhatsApp then I think you have download this OGWhatsApp Apk
Yes absolutely you can do this with this application.

(1) (Reply)

AD GONE WRONG; Nairaland's 2019 Funniest Thread / Twitter Is Down / Airtel Free Megabyte

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.