Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,664 members, 7,823,879 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? (14796 Views)

LCCI Advises FG To Cut Spending On Refreshments To Save Nigeria’s Economy / Why Young People Should Invest In Shares / How Should Young People Invest Their Extra Cash? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by PedroAmada(m): 1:20pm On Dec 11, 2014
Money slow to enter, money quick to go. Money is not meant to be saved but to be spent or kill
Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by Greenified(m): 1:21pm On Dec 11, 2014
Fresia01:
too many things to buy.. buh i am a master in saving.. i dnt joke with my money.. [b]i fit use 1000k for two weeks..[/b]lol
Are u that broke?
Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by freezyprinzy(m): 1:21pm On Dec 11, 2014
If dis thrend z 4 dose earning lyk a 100k upward i would agree wit u but in dis country u find job taya den u manage c d 1 way dy pay u lyk 20k per month ok minus feed'n money transport,cloth,ur family dy dier o...if u get g.f worst....tel me where savings comes in...xcept b d help of God

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by Mutuwa(m): 1:23pm On Dec 11, 2014
The average youth mind is preoccupied with "how do I make it now now" without the patient for "tomorrow".he no longer believes in a working system,then why save for tomorrow.He. enjoys while he can with what his money can buy and at his/ her own level.
Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Dec 11, 2014
yuncka:
Keeping a leech in female clothing.

grin grin
Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by Godmother(f): 1:24pm On Dec 11, 2014
This post is so timely. I used to be a sucker for savings and would save over 60% of my earnings. Now I find it hard to do so. Need to revive this habit cos I know how good it benefitted me in time past.
Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by Fresia01(f): 1:25pm On Dec 11, 2014
Greenified:

Are u that rich?
fixed

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by clevvermind(m): 1:26pm On Dec 11, 2014
Guys spend their money on babes and alcohol while ladies spend their money on brazilian hair and their artificial lifestyle.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by assana: 1:27pm On Dec 11, 2014
Yeah dat's becos worldly tinz has eaten deep in to der system
Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Dec 11, 2014
clevvermind:
Guys spend their money on babes and alcohol while ladies spend their money on brazilian hair and their artificial lifestyle.
Not all d time..we spend on other things..
Ladies on d other hand.spend on anything when them see and like..
Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by mecussey(m): 1:29pm On Dec 11, 2014
Savings is one of the most difficult thing to do but, it is less difficult when you are single and without a girl friend. Girls suck money but a good one may help you save. It is better to save and marry than to have a girl friend without savings. Guys try make very good of your youthful age, after 35, energy will start depreciating.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by makazona(m): 1:30pm On Dec 11, 2014
there are a lot of basic nee
Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by makazona(m): 1:30pm On Dec 11, 2014
there are a lot of basic needs choking the finanial accruals
Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by imoci(m): 1:33pm On Dec 11, 2014
This affect me too,at times when i finish spendoing i feel like cry.because i have to
wait till another month end.
But i think am working on this though.
Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by unmask: 1:36pm On Dec 11, 2014
Simple.... The guys give theirs to the girls, and the girls use theirs to buy bleeping Brazilians..... How can they then save?
Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by Karleb(m): 1:39pm On Dec 11, 2014
Greenified:
It has to do with upbringing.

No, it's all about self-discipline.

Over here, we call it youthful exuberance.

The only way young people can really save is when they have someone taking care of the feeding, rent and when the money is enough.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by Nosyke(m): 1:40pm On Dec 11, 2014
Godmother:
This post is so timely. I used to be a sucker for savings and would save over 60% of my earnings. Now I find it hard to do so. Need to revive this habit cos I know how good it benefitted me in time past.

Get out my head wink
Exactly what I am facing now.........sometimes I just feel very bad knowing that I should have saved more....
I think I need help....the advent of online shopping isnt even helping, Jumia, konga, dealdey etc.........Spending on impulse
cry cry cry
Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by dorox(m): 1:41pm On Dec 11, 2014
Times are hard no doubt, but I have seen some young people regularly pay a tenth of their income to some very rich merchants of God instead of saving it for something useful.
Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by iyisco2001(m): 1:42pm On Dec 11, 2014
Fresia01:
too many things to buy.. buh i am a master in saving.. i dnt joke with my money.. i fit use 1000k for two weeks..lol
u be woman na, the male folks and parents pay for other bills.
Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by Godmother(f): 1:42pm On Dec 11, 2014
Nosyke:

Get out my head wink
Exactly what I am facing now.........sometimes I just feel very bad knowing that I should have saved more.... cry cry cry

Lol. Anyways, I think having any kind of savings at all is a start. One can build from there.
Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by Mayany(m): 1:44pm On Dec 11, 2014
USE THIS FORMULAR SPEND AFTER SAVING AND NOT SAVE AFTER SPENDING, MY PROBLEM IS WHAT TO DO WITH SAVED CASH
Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by aspirebig: 1:46pm On Dec 11, 2014
Self discipline is all you need to save.
Nothing is too small,small drops of water make a mighty ocean.

Some believe that they don't have enough to spend yet,why saving. But if you have such thinking,even if you are making a millionaire daily,you won't save.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by rigarmortis: 1:50pm On Dec 11, 2014
ONLY JESUS CAN SAVE BRO, ITS HARD

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by edogho(m): 1:51pm On Dec 11, 2014
nairalandaddict:
It is because of lack of discipline!
No be lie, No be lie
Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Dec 11, 2014
Fresia01:
too many things to buy.. buh i am a master in saving.. i dnt joke with my money.. i fit use 1000k for two weeks..lol
checkin ur dp make me knw say u fit spend 1k for 2weeks
Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Dec 11, 2014
I was a victim of this and it took will power and Gods help to track my spendings.
First rule is to avoid impulse buying and covetousness,,
Don't buy wat you don't need with the money u don't have to impress the people that don't like u.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 11, 2014
JoeCutie:
Save? For where?

Even the 'Save' sef no safe. undecided
by year 2030 banks we be begging nigerians to come save money wit dem

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by stoked: 1:54pm On Dec 11, 2014
Fresia01:

picture or I don't believe it

p.s. Sorry, i just couldn't help myself, lol
Re: Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? by youngwarlocks: 1:56pm On Dec 11, 2014
(Why Is It Hard For
Most Young Guys To Save Money??)

ans = women

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is Happening To MMM, December 2016? / My Prop Firm Strategy Testing Ground. / closed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.