Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,744 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

LCCI Advises FG To Cut Spending On Refreshments To Save Nigeria’s Economy - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / LCCI Advises FG To Cut Spending On Refreshments To Save Nigeria’s Economy (11456 Views)

Foreign Investors Pull Out Of Nigerian NSE, Economy In Shambles - Bloomberg / FG To Sell Nigerian Communications Satellite –BPE / Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

LCCI Advises FG To Cut Spending On Refreshments To Save Nigeria’s Economy by Ishilove: 8:37am On Nov 24, 2014
The Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI) has called on the Federal Government to put drastic economic measures in place, in order to help the country cushion the effect of falling crude oil prices. The chamber suggested further scrutiny in the way public funds are spent.

In a statement by its President, Alhaji Remi Bello, the LCCI commended the Federal Government for the fiscal and monetary policy measures taken so far to stabilise the macroeconomic conditions and minimise dislocations. It however asked that some very important additional measures be taken.

The chamber noted that there are several budget heads that need serious scrutiny, such as, consolidated revenue fund charges, service wide votes and presidential amnesty programmes.

According to Bello, others are: capital supplementation, debt service, refreshments and meals, foodstuffs and catering, honorarium and sitting allowance, welfare packages, as well as repairs and maintenance.

“All these budget heads have substantial amounts voted for them in the budget annually. Some of the provisions do not reflect the desired prudence in the management of public funds. Huge savings will be made if a proper scrutiny of these budget heads is made,” the LCCI president offered.

As bad as the current economic situation may be for Nigeria, Bello noted that some segments of the economy will profit.

“It is expected that fuel imports cost will drop. This should reduce the pressure of fuel subsidy payment on government. It is also expected that cost of diesel imports would reduce, depending on the degree of impact of the exchange rate on the imports,” he said.

The federal government had recently announced some austerity measures to as economic buffer, as global oil prices continue to fall. The measures were however targeted at civil servants, whose overseas travels for trainings was cut, and wealthy Nigerians, who will have to pay more tax on yatchs, private jets and luxury goods. The common man may also feel the measures as increment of Value Added Tax (VAT) has been hinted. No measure has really been directed at reducing government spending.

Bello however stressed that proper scrutiny of these budget heads will put Nigeria in a more secure place economically.

Source:http://www.informationng.com/2014/11/falling-oil-prices-lcci-advises-fg-to-cut-spending-on-refreshments-sitting-allowance-to-save-nigerias-economy.html

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LCCI Advises FG To Cut Spending On Refreshments To Save Nigeria’s Economy by ALKARULEZ615(m): 8:38am On Nov 24, 2014
Hehehehehehe

Alhaji Remi Bello sef dey give advice, like say he nor dey chop from the mata

4 Likes

Re: LCCI Advises FG To Cut Spending On Refreshments To Save Nigeria’s Economy by kimond101: 8:41am On Nov 24, 2014
The people that would review it would not allow it to be implemented. Like seriously this is Nigeria, even when they are receiving all these benefits corruption and stealing still thrives amongst them. Now imagine if they remove them or reduce the benefits...

5 Likes

Re: LCCI Advises FG To Cut Spending On Refreshments To Save Nigeria’s Economy by Philipvivson(m): 8:41am On Nov 24, 2014
Hmmmm to b honest their refreshments alone can save a good number of Nigerians out of poverty..... n is not as if they use to take it so why not juz serve them pure water. instead they are thinking of reducing subsidy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: LCCI Advises FG To Cut Spending On Refreshments To Save Nigeria’s Economy by eleko1: 8:42am On Nov 24, 2014
Whosai? They'll still spend much than dat.Talk about owanbe
Re: LCCI Advises FG To Cut Spending On Refreshments To Save Nigeria’s Economy by frankflix: 8:42am On Nov 24, 2014
it true
Re: LCCI Advises FG To Cut Spending On Refreshments To Save Nigeria’s Economy by berbs112(m): 8:42am On Nov 24, 2014
Its high time the Federal Govt sit and think over the proper way to manage d public fund. They should remove unneccessary funds so as to use for relevant and more threatening issues...

1 Like

Re: LCCI Advises FG To Cut Spending On Refreshments To Save Nigeria’s Economy by BigBen10: 8:42am On Nov 24, 2014
Tell them
Re: LCCI Advises FG To Cut Spending On Refreshments To Save Nigeria’s Economy by BruzMoney(m): 8:42am On Nov 24, 2014
Abi dem dn hear ni?? U want mk pot belly cum down??

4 Likes

Re: LCCI Advises FG To Cut Spending On Refreshments To Save Nigeria’s Economy by SilentCrescendo: 8:42am On Nov 24, 2014
ALKARULEZ615:

you sees your life
Re: LCCI Advises FG To Cut Spending On Refreshments To Save Nigeria’s Economy by Nobody: 8:42am On Nov 24, 2014
Great Advice..
He whose house is on fire doesn't chase rats-African Proverb
Re: LCCI Advises FG To Cut Spending On Refreshments To Save Nigeria’s Economy by GlorifiedTunde(m): 8:43am On Nov 24, 2014
Thieves.

Na so budget dey unaccounted for!

Dem take our moni chop gala and lacasera finish angry angry sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LCCI Advises FG To Cut Spending On Refreshments To Save Nigeria’s Economy by priscaoge(f): 8:43am On Nov 24, 2014
I'm here to read comments angry
Re: LCCI Advises FG To Cut Spending On Refreshments To Save Nigeria’s Economy by jibbish(m): 8:43am On Nov 24, 2014
Instead na to increase tax dem go act upon and increase fuel pump price

A clueless government

7 Likes

Re: LCCI Advises FG To Cut Spending On Refreshments To Save Nigeria’s Economy by sammieguze(m): 8:43am On Nov 24, 2014
If dem go hear
Re: LCCI Advises FG To Cut Spending On Refreshments To Save Nigeria’s Economy by boofydon: 8:43am On Nov 24, 2014
This is great
Re: LCCI Advises FG To Cut Spending On Refreshments To Save Nigeria’s Economy by pheesayor(m): 8:44am On Nov 24, 2014
will they listen? Instead they want to fully remove subsidy...
Re: LCCI Advises FG To Cut Spending On Refreshments To Save Nigeria’s Economy by leki10(m): 8:44am On Nov 24, 2014
Well not a bad idea. But how about the large lumps of salaries and allowances dat our SO CALLED leaders are taking home evry mont. We can result to drinking only water for all i care but we are unnecessarily spending money in d poltical sector. THAT IS WHAT NEEDS TO BE CHECKED.

2 Likes

Re: LCCI Advises FG To Cut Spending On Refreshments To Save Nigeria’s Economy by okon11: 8:44am On Nov 24, 2014
This idea is better than saying they want to remove subsidy

President Jonathan is a Good Man, says Amaechi
Source: [url=https://www.google.com.ng/search?q=President+Jonathan+is+a+Good+Man%2C+says+Amaechi&oq=President+Jonathan+is+a+Good+Man%2C+says+Amaechi&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=0&ie=UTF-8#q=President+Jonathan+is+a+Good+Man%2C+says+Amaechi+e+reporter+news]http://www.e reporter.com.ng/index.php/political-news/item/1596-president-jonathan-is-a-good-man-says-amaechi[/url]
Re: LCCI Advises FG To Cut Spending On Refreshments To Save Nigeria’s Economy by adedayourt(m): 8:44am On Nov 24, 2014
K
Re: LCCI Advises FG To Cut Spending On Refreshments To Save Nigeria’s Economy by adonbilivit: 8:44am On Nov 24, 2014
FG be like "you dey there dey hate me while i am making my money" "no come near me Mr talku talku" coz i no send you like Tuface
Re: LCCI Advises FG To Cut Spending On Refreshments To Save Nigeria’s Economy by AJOT99(m): 8:44am On Nov 24, 2014
Alrite
Re: LCCI Advises FG To Cut Spending On Refreshments To Save Nigeria’s Economy by surajubakinson(m): 8:45am On Nov 24, 2014
Overall cost of governance should be cut down..

2 Likes

Re: LCCI Advises FG To Cut Spending On Refreshments To Save Nigeria’s Economy by holatin(m): 8:45am On Nov 24, 2014
good news! but they are only trying to impress us, they only talk they never act as they say..... I refuse to be deceive
Re: LCCI Advises FG To Cut Spending On Refreshments To Save Nigeria’s Economy by yurme(m): 8:45am On Nov 24, 2014
_
Re: LCCI Advises FG To Cut Spending On Refreshments To Save Nigeria’s Economy by ALKARULEZ615(m): 8:45am On Nov 24, 2014
SilentCrescendo:

you sees your life
yes
Re: LCCI Advises FG To Cut Spending On Refreshments To Save Nigeria’s Economy by TrishaP(f): 8:45am On Nov 24, 2014
I'll b bck
Re: LCCI Advises FG To Cut Spending On Refreshments To Save Nigeria’s Economy by omanifrank(m): 8:45am On Nov 24, 2014
K
Re: LCCI Advises FG To Cut Spending On Refreshments To Save Nigeria’s Economy by MizTyna(f): 8:45am On Nov 24, 2014
If they cut down on refreshments it still won't do much if they are still gonna embezzle. They want to save money? Let them stop stealing

3 Likes

Re: LCCI Advises FG To Cut Spending On Refreshments To Save Nigeria’s Economy by omanifrank(m): 8:46am On Nov 24, 2014
TrishaP:
I'll b bck
Re: LCCI Advises FG To Cut Spending On Refreshments To Save Nigeria’s Economy by 100Cents: 8:46am On Nov 24, 2014
I see.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Effect Of Naira Redomination On Stock Market Investments? / Nigeria’s Stocks Among World’s Best-performers In 4 Months – Bloomberg / My Review Of Orton Farm Investment (verdict: It's A Ponzi)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.