Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,252 members, 7,811,698 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

Ugandan Maid Pleads Guilty To Toddler Torture - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ugandan Maid Pleads Guilty To Toddler Torture (727 Views)

Ugandan Maid, Way Forward / Another Rape Case Again:pastor Pleads Guilty To Defiling Minor / I'm Not Corrupt, I Pleaded Guilty To Save Nigeria's Image – Ibori (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ugandan Maid Pleads Guilty To Toddler Torture by israelboy1(m): 8:23am On Dec 09, 2014
A Ugandan housemaid recently caught on camera torturing a toddler has pleaded guilty to torture charges.
“I plead guilty,” Jolly Tumuhiirwe told the court Monday morning after being read the torture charges by Moses Nebanda, a Grade One Magistrate at the City Hall Court.
“I ask the court to forgive me, I ask the family to forgive me [and] I ask the general public who now hate me to forgive me,” she said.
In November, a video went viral on social media of Tumuhiirwe slapping, beating, kicking, barking at and force-feeding a one-and-half-year-old baby.
At one point the 22-year-old maid shoved the baby hard by the back of her head from the couch down to the floor.
She then followed the baby girl to the floor and spanked her with a torch.
Tumuhiirwe went on to step hard and stand on the baby, before kicking her on the head and stomach as the crying baby kept moving helplessly on the floor.
Eric Kamanzi, the father of the baby, broke down in tears during the court session.
“You have been in court, you have seen what happened, but at the moment I don’t have much that I can add on,” he told reporters outside the court before walking away.
This is the second time Jolly is appearing before court and has been remanded to Luzira maximum prison, Uganda’s largest prison.
The magistrate has adjourned the case to Wednesday, when the sentence is expected to be pronounced.
Tumuhiirwe faces a maximum sentence of 15 years in prison.

http://www.primanews.org/2014/12/08/ugandan-maid-pleads-guilty-to-toddler-torture/

Re: Ugandan Maid Pleads Guilty To Toddler Torture by lomprico(m): 8:24am On Dec 09, 2014
Wetin she wan plead b4? Not guilty?
Re: Ugandan Maid Pleads Guilty To Toddler Torture by Nobody: 8:25am On Dec 09, 2014
She ought to...

We all saw what she did.
Re: Ugandan Maid Pleads Guilty To Toddler Torture by simplemach(m): 8:25am On Dec 09, 2014
Ofcourse she has to. That monster should be charged with attempted murder and not torture. What if the baby died...?
Re: Ugandan Maid Pleads Guilty To Toddler Torture by israelboy1(m): 8:30am On Dec 09, 2014
simplemach:
Ofcourse she has to

i was not able to watch the whole video.....i was soaked in my own tears.......such innocent baby crying for help....*chai*........i guess the baby fainted too......cos...a human like me nd of my age....i don't think i can pass through such....

Sometimes', i just wonder why we are been known as human
Re: Ugandan Maid Pleads Guilty To Toddler Torture by echobee(f): 8:35am On Dec 09, 2014
Demonic maid angry. I watched d video,i wept cry. My judgement:she should be thrown in jail for d rest of her life,and d keys thrown into d red sea angry
Re: Ugandan Maid Pleads Guilty To Toddler Torture by israelboy1(m): 8:44am On Dec 09, 2014
echobee:
Demonic maid angry. I watched d video,i wept cry. My judgement:she should be thrown in jail for d rest of her life,and d keys thrown into d red sea angry

i read a maximum of 15 yrs...i was like *humans*
wat if the baby died

(1) (Reply)

New Trend With The Yoruba Youths / , / The Beautiful Ones Are Gone...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.