Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,283 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Senator Gemade Wins APC Senatorial Primary Few Hours After Decamping From PDP - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Gemade Wins APC Senatorial Primary Few Hours After Decamping From PDP (22269 Views)

APC Senatorial Primaries: Ekwunife Leading / Breaking News: Sen Uche Ekwunife Winner APC Senatorial Primary Election / Speakership: Gbajabiamila Wins APC Primaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Gemade Wins APC Senatorial Primary Few Hours After Decamping From PDP by clemzo101(m): 8:20pm On Dec 09, 2014
Football age abi wetin? I'm damn sure dis guy is more dan dat. Are u his campaign manager?
torkaka:

. . . . . . . . . .Engr. Gemade is 66yrs sir . . . . . . .thank you
Re: Senator Gemade Wins APC Senatorial Primary Few Hours After Decamping From PDP by kingdavid2015: 8:21pm On Dec 09, 2014
Pdp will loose
Re: Senator Gemade Wins APC Senatorial Primary Few Hours After Decamping From PDP by Iroh88(m): 8:24pm On Dec 09, 2014
This is highly condemnable if you ask me. What sort of trash is this?? What happens to all those that had been slaving for years for the sustenance of the party in the state that some guy could just walk in at the eleventh hour and be given the party's ticket on a platter?? I think this is definitely gonna generate some bad blood amongst the party faithfuls, a situation that ought to be avoided especially at present. The backlash from this decision is gonna be immense. And I see this guy decamping back to PDP if he secures victory at the polls.

#Fail.

1 Like

Re: Senator Gemade Wins APC Senatorial Primary Few Hours After Decamping From PDP by sarutobie(m): 8:24pm On Dec 09, 2014
barcanista:
who are the pdp? In kwara state for instance, Saraki and Balgore did a swap. Saraki was pdp, Balgore was AC/APC. Today, Saraki will say PDP has faile(which he was). My point is that defectors should nt be given party structure, they can be used as a catalyst to return buhari to power. Why I am hopeful of APC is because of people like Buhari, Fashola, Amosun, Ajimobi, Kwankwaso, Ogbonaya Onu and few others.
"catalyst to RETURN BUHARI TO POWER"...indeed it has always been the plan..you can phool some people sometimes, but you can't phool all the people all the time--bob marley

1 Like

Re: Senator Gemade Wins APC Senatorial Primary Few Hours After Decamping From PDP by samsard(m): 8:38pm On Dec 09, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

Noted! Has any of senatorial candidates complained of being cheated out? APC must have noted that they have weak candidates in those areas and needed to up the game at least to have a strong field agents who will stay and prevent PDP from rigging the polls, knowing very well that pdp relies on rigging to win Elections! That was what cost Buhari the last time! No field agents, no strong candidate outside North West, and the PDP had a field day! Note the key word STRATEGY!

Gemade will never allow the PDP to rig in his senatorial Zone as it will adversely affect his chances though!

Sorry am in a meeting now! Later sir!
And you somehow believe that Gemade is more powerful than Gov Suswam the sitting Gov? Besides, people don't vote just parties; they also vote candidates. Well, it's not my zone, I always knew Suswam's selfish ambition would come with consequences. PDP don't need to rig to win in Benue tho.
Re: Senator Gemade Wins APC Senatorial Primary Few Hours After Decamping From PDP by ICHINONYE(m): 8:49pm On Dec 09, 2014
Infact I weep for the disaster that comes wit dier name
kayciano:
SUSWAN and T.A. ORJI are partners in crime , from same party and same DIVIDENDS of DEMOCRACY ....
THEY have really done well..
SO after all these , they still want to REPLICATE their CANCEROUS achievements through the senate.
Re: Senator Gemade Wins APC Senatorial Primary Few Hours After Decamping From PDP by ckmayoca: 8:51pm On Dec 09, 2014
barcanista:
I totally condemn this Barnabas Gamade candidacy. This man has been a flop in the Senate, he was pdp top boss, he was fully part of the rot. He's no way a progressive. APC should not allow aggrieved pdp to come from nowhere and hijack the party. This is madness, I totally condemn it and I wish his epic fail

You are totally correct bro, but at this point APC need their connection to climb toward the presidential seat.

1 Like

Re: Senator Gemade Wins APC Senatorial Primary Few Hours After Decamping From PDP by MRLINGTON(m): 9:04pm On Dec 09, 2014
gunuvi:

Moving to the dumb site (apc)

Mumu talk...like they ain't regretting..nobody z a waste..hes one an dah knows their games so stop spitting thrash cos ur a member or fan of dat pdp tin
Re: Senator Gemade Wins APC Senatorial Primary Few Hours After Decamping From PDP by gunuvi(m): 9:11pm On Dec 09, 2014
MRLINGTON:

Mumu talk...like they ain't regretting..nobody z a waste..hes one an dah knows their games so stop spitting thrash cos ur a member or fan of dat pdp tin
Mumu man, I no get your time
Re: Senator Gemade Wins APC Senatorial Primary Few Hours After Decamping From PDP by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:25pm On Dec 09, 2014
barcanista:
I totally condemn this Barnabas Gamade candidacy. This man has been a flop in the Senate, he was pdp top boss, he was fully part of the rot. He's no way a progressive. APC should not allow aggrieved pdp to come from nowhere and hijack the party. This is madness, I totally condemn it and I wish his epic fail
Honestly me I taya 4 d ogas @ APC top oo! undecided
Re: Senator Gemade Wins APC Senatorial Primary Few Hours After Decamping From PDP by empress4u: 9:28pm On Dec 09, 2014
torkaka:

66 or 85, he is old enough to be a grandpa
Re: Senator Gemade Wins APC Senatorial Primary Few Hours After Decamping From PDP by Gmajor(m): 9:44pm On Dec 09, 2014
PassingShot:

Even though I know it's not the right thing for APC to continue accepting all these old cargoes from PDP, it is surely one of the ways they can capture the presidency from PDP. And once that is finally achieved, they can start normalizing things.

So, any decamping that can rescue Nigeria from the grip of PDPigssss is welcomed.
in other words the only manifesto APC has is -get pdp out of power at all costs, even at the detriment of Nigeria.
We need something new n fresh n not the same thing being recycled n renamed

1 Like

Re: Senator Gemade Wins APC Senatorial Primary Few Hours After Decamping From PDP by malbro(m): 9:44pm On Dec 09, 2014
torkaka:

Lolzzzz 66 wetin.....check well
Re: Senator Gemade Wins APC Senatorial Primary Few Hours After Decamping From PDP by emiye(m): 9:49pm On Dec 09, 2014
It is a catch 22 situation for APC. I doubt if a fresh face will thrash an incumbent governor . The old horse Gemade might not be inspiring or progressive in outlook, he could be a necessary evil against a Suswan. Lets not forget Gemade as hated as some claim won an election in 2011, and is the incumbent senator. Akume , the minority leader also moved from PDP to win an election under ACN in 2011.

APC is striving really hard to achieve equilibrium of forces against PDP, until they achieve equilibrium or close to equilibrum of forces, they will still need a old tactics of "my enemies enemy is my friend."

1 Like

Re: Senator Gemade Wins APC Senatorial Primary Few Hours After Decamping From PDP by JEITO: 9:52pm On Dec 09, 2014
APC is just shameless! No class at all. Grabbing all those who don't stand a chance in PDP just to get a representation yet they'll come and tell us they represent change. What type of change? Dumpsite change or what.

No manifesto, no ideology, no principle, no plans at all. Anybody can come from anywhere even 5mins to election and win the primaries. I wonder if there sale of interest form has no closing date.

APC reminds me of packman

2 Likes

Re: Senator Gemade Wins APC Senatorial Primary Few Hours After Decamping From PDP by sucess001(m): 10:15pm On Dec 09, 2014
[size=20pt]Even the most hardened pdp supporter cant deny dt the momentum is now with APC. dis is further butressed by the bitter comments coming from the pdp camp.

Now we have a two party state which is gud for our democracy.

Reminds me of the days of sdp and nrc. [/size]
Re: Senator Gemade Wins APC Senatorial Primary Few Hours After Decamping From PDP by calyb247(m): 10:21pm On Dec 09, 2014
torkaka:

. . . . . .by the bolded you know little about Benue politics . . . . . . . . .Gemade is not a politician really loved outside his Konshisha spere of influence . . . . . . . . . .as a matter of fact, the original APC candidate (Ayabam) has a cult like following in Benue, no one speaks ill of him, but he is a first time politician . . . . . . .however, giving the zone A people an option of Gemade or Suswam is a no brainer . . . . . . . . . . . .you will need to put a gun to their heads for Suswam to be voted.

You are sounding so confident so I assume you are a Benue born.. but I put it to you, as a Benue son that I am and as a citizen of that zone that Gemade will lose a hundred times against Suswam... Gemade is not a and has never been a grassroot politician... As much as Suswam has failed the state, Gemade is A BIGGER FAILURE..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Gemade Wins APC Senatorial Primary Few Hours After Decamping From PDP by abioyeolaide(m): 10:23pm On Dec 09, 2014
Am very sure d Benue State APC knws wat is gud for dem, nd d Best candidate to tackle d other parties nd d peoples choice. So u re less concern to say it is dumping site.
Re: Senator Gemade Wins APC Senatorial Primary Few Hours After Decamping From PDP by Ilekeh(f): 10:23pm On Dec 09, 2014
Dude is probably like in his 90s......
Re: Senator Gemade Wins APC Senatorial Primary Few Hours After Decamping From PDP by major466(m): 10:28pm On Dec 09, 2014
Well who cares? He's the by product of PDP in APC.
Re: Senator Gemade Wins APC Senatorial Primary Few Hours After Decamping From PDP by maxtamazin: 10:36pm On Dec 09, 2014
torkaka:

what is the difference btw 66yrs. Na only him waka come? Give the youths chance. Haba!!!!
Re: Senator Gemade Wins APC Senatorial Primary Few Hours After Decamping From PDP by Nebuchadnezar: 11:00pm On Dec 09, 2014
APC is evil

Gej till 2019
Re: Senator Gemade Wins APC Senatorial Primary Few Hours After Decamping From PDP by echarlz(m): 11:38pm On Dec 09, 2014
barcanista:
Na today? Truth is the aggrieved, cross-carpetting PDP members in APC will soon outnumber the APC members. What's baffling is gullible Nigerians suddenly see them as saints once they enter APC...Bukola Saraki, El-rufai, Oyinlola, Segun Oni, Atiku, Tambuwai etc. Anyone tell me the kind of internal democracy that makes a new defector win party primary within a day

1 Like

Re: Senator Gemade Wins APC Senatorial Primary Few Hours After Decamping From PDP by Nobody: 11:44pm On Dec 09, 2014
Nebuchadnezar:
APC is evil

Gej till 2019
Nebuchadnezar is evil
Re: Senator Gemade Wins APC Senatorial Primary Few Hours After Decamping From PDP by Marvin67: 11:52pm On Dec 09, 2014
torkaka:
. . . . . . . . . . .necessary evil . . . . . . . . . . .with Gemade (zone A - Benue) and Akume (zone B - Benue) all in APC, and with the unpopularity of Suswam coupled with the election of a mediocre Terhemen Tarzoor as PDP governorship candidate . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .All APC needs to do now is give the governorship ticket to Emmanuel Jime and PDP is dead and buried in Benue . . . . . . . .very necessary evil I tell ya . . . . . . . . . it will take Aso Rock to be relocated to Benue for PDP to win that state if Jime is picked by APC to complete the puzzle . . . . . . . . . . . .necessary evil

It doesn't work like that. It's not mathematics. The days old men having a field day in Nigeria's politics is getting to an end. This may be the end of Gemade's political ambition. I've asked people around Benue, Gemade doesn't have a stronghold in that senatorial zone, as he did almost nothing for the people while he was there, now he has to contest against a sitting governor. PDP isn't as dull as APC guys think they are, in Enugu, and Delta, PDP forced the governors to step down their senatorial ambition, but they didn't do same in Benue. You think they didn't calculate? Even Uche Chukwumerije who was by far more vibrant than Gemade in the senate, lost at the primary. Nothing for all those old men again.
Do your homework, ask people around, Gemade would need a miracle to return to the senate.
Re: Senator Gemade Wins APC Senatorial Primary Few Hours After Decamping From PDP by Ikengawo: 12:08am On Dec 10, 2014
friedrice1:
I thought this guy was retired from Politics at 85, probably his football age, still cross carpeting.
The APC shouldn't trust this guy
Re: Senator Gemade Wins APC Senatorial Primary Few Hours After Decamping From PDP by securi: 5:07am On Dec 10, 2014
It's happening already and that is why some of us think it's more of individual thing than a party.We may end up having ex PDP rogues now in APC replacing fellow PDP rogues. God will help us.
barcanista:
We need to voice our displeasure so that party chiefs will know the position of Nigerians. Applauding them in such shame isn't helping the party and Nigeeria's democracy. This is actually what led to the fall of ANPP and a major reason the opposition is weakened. Failed PDP Politicians will start seeing APC as an alternative platform to realise their ambition, party chiefs will fall to the whimps of highest bidder, and the elections will be a thing of PDP vs PDP(in APC clothing).
Re: Senator Gemade Wins APC Senatorial Primary Few Hours After Decamping From PDP by Caseless: 6:45am On Dec 10, 2014
barcanista:
u are right. An old gamade in senate is better than a young suswam. Dont forget Audu was a top notch too in pdp and later decamped to ac/acn.
Re: Senator Gemade Wins APC Senatorial Primary Few Hours After Decamping From PDP by Ikott(m): 7:05am On Dec 10, 2014
What does this say about APC

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Petrol Subsidy Nears N1trn Monthly, Bigger Than When Tinubu Came - Businessday / Photos From PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Uyo, Akwa Ibom / Court-backed Young Democratic Party(YDP) fixes Its Primaries For Mar 26th & 27th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.