Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

My Lg G2 Screen Touch Saga - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Lg G2 Screen Touch Saga (5224 Views)

Help: LG G2 Screen Unresponsive / Help! I Want To Root My Lg L90 Dual (d410) / Tecno N7, F7, Gionee E3, G2 Gpad & Infinix 450: Which Phone Is The Best One? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Lg G2 Screen Touch Saga by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 09, 2014
So I woke up on the 1st of December to something funny, my fone which I used the previous night was unresponsive, I checked rebooted the fone thinking an app might be responsible but still, the top part of the screen was responding to touch but the half way down was unresponsive so I took the fone outside to investigate properly and I discovered a very tiny crack by the bottom right corner.
I took my techno substitute fone which am using to post this topic to Google to look for solution, I was relieved wen I watched a video of Someone who changed the digitizer (touch glass) without changing the screen, I located an lg store and gave them the fone for repairs, (I loaded a custom rom on the fone so warranty is void) the repairer told me I'd pay 27k for complete screen shocked, I tried to explain to him that they can change the glass without touching the screen, his hilarious reply was "dat na oyibo style".
Well I went home disappointed and stuck with this dirty old tecno fone.
I went on Ali express and bought the touch glass for $35 which is yet to arrive.
Re: My Lg G2 Screen Touch Saga by Luggi007(m): 5:07pm On Dec 09, 2014
Hi. my LG G flex dropped and upper part of the screen stopped responding as well. Though their was no single crack or scratch on the screen cuz of the hard jacket on it. I also went to LG customer care ( in PH) and I was told its gonna cost me 40k to replace the screen. Importing the screen as yu did is a good idea. Will like to talk to yu personally about this. Yu can drop your number here or reach me on 08038408232. Ciao
Re: My Lg G2 Screen Touch Saga by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 10, 2014
Luggi007:
Hi. my LG G flex dropped and upper part of the screen stopped responding as well. Though their was no single crack or scratch on the screen cuz of the hard jacket on it. I also went to LG customer care ( in PH) and I was told its gonna cost me 40k to replace the screen. Importing the screen as yu did is a good idea. Will like to talk to yu personally about this. Yu can drop your number here or reach me on 08038408232. Ciao
ok boss, I will help u look out for solution. Am also in ph
Re: My Lg G2 Screen Touch Saga by Nobody: 9:50am On Dec 10, 2014
All efforts to upload the pics I have with this useless techno fone have been failing...
Maybe if I see a beta fone, I will upload dem
Re: My Lg G2 Screen Touch Saga by Nobody: 9:53am On Dec 10, 2014
U can see how tiny and unnoticeable the crack is but right now, it's not responding to touch..
I will keep dis topic updated till I have It fixed...

Re: My Lg G2 Screen Touch Saga by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 10, 2014
The fone right now with no noticeable crack..
I have seen a lot of Fones, Samsung especially with cracked touch glass but still works flawlessly same with sony xperia.
But for this lg fone to go completely numb cos of a tiny crack as seen above is unexplainable...

Re: My Lg G2 Screen Touch Saga by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 10, 2014
The touch glass

1 Share

Re: My Lg G2 Screen Touch Saga by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 10, 2014
If am able to successfully change the glass, I will be saving myself 20k..
That's a huge sum abeg.
Glass still in transit, hopefully it gets here by next week...
Re: My Lg G2 Screen Touch Saga by ahmmyreal(m): 2:39pm On Dec 10, 2014
same here guys. im my case, the phone touchpad didnt have a single crack neither did i ever dropped it, it just started malfunctioning all of a sudden. some parts of the touchpad were activating themselves. I uncoupled the device, remove and refix the touchpad flex but the problem persist and the screen colour became whitish. i priced the screen & touch digitizer @ computer village ikeja, it costs 12k.

In the past i have used samsung androids that got broken screen and it works. this is very bad for LG product, just a single or no crack the touch misbehaves.
Re: My Lg G2 Screen Touch Saga by ahmmyreal(m): 2:46pm On Dec 10, 2014
Eidosky:
So I woke up on the 1st of December to something funny, my fone which I used the previous night was unresponsive, I checked rebooted the fone thinking an app might be responsible but still, the top part of the screen was responding to touch but the half way down was unresponsive so I took the fone outside to investigate properly and I discovered a very tiny crack by the bottom right corner.
I took my techno substitute fone which am using to post this topic to Google to look for solution, I was relieved wen I watched a video of Someone who changed the digitizer (touch glass) without changing the screen, I located an lg store and gave them the fone for repairs, (I loaded a custom rom on the fone so warranty is void) the repairer told me I'd pay 27k for complete screen shocked, I tried to explain to him that they can change the glass without touching the screen, his hilarious reply was "dat na oyibo style".
Well I went home disappointed and stuck with this dirty old tecno fone.
I went on Ali express and bought the touch glass for $35 which is yet to arrive.

now that you ordered for the touchpad online. how do you verify that what you bought will work? some of those hardware parts dont work probably due to factory error. i have experienced this several time when buying phone parts in ikeja, i go along with the phone, test the part and make sure it works properly before paying. will you have it shipped back if it didnt work?

btw, you need to be very careful with the screen because the touch digitizer is glue properly to it and any little force applied on it will affect the screen. its very fragile be careful
Re: My Lg G2 Screen Touch Saga by ahmmyreal(m): 3:35pm On Dec 10, 2014
OP, give link to the touch digitizer you bought.
Re: My Lg G2 Screen Touch Saga by Nobody: 3:39pm On Dec 10, 2014
ahmmyreal:

btw, you need to be very carefith the screen because the touch digitizer is glue properly to it and any little force applied on it will affect the screen. its very fragile be careful
yea I know it's a big risk cos shipping it back will be impossible but it's a risk am willing to take compared the amount I will pay here.
I watched the video of how it was changed and it took the guy almost 30 mins to remove the touch glass.
Re: My Lg G2 Screen Touch Saga by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 10, 2014
Re: My Lg G2 Screen Touch Saga by ahmmyreal(m): 12:42pm On Dec 12, 2014
OP, what you bought is LCD + TOUCHPAD.
how long would the shipping take?
did you pay for shipping?

I need only the screen, My touchpad is good. and since you bought the LCD and TOUCHPAD, can we make a deal on your screen?
Re: My Lg G2 Screen Touch Saga by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 13, 2014
ahmmyreal:
OP, what you bought is LCD + TOUCHPAD.
how long would the shipping take?
did you pay for shipping?

I need only the screen, My touchpad is good. and since you bought the LCD and TOUCHPAD, can we make a deal on your screen?
It's the lcd display assembly.... Something like a tool to remove the touch pad from the main lcd.
U can check the description of the item,, I taught it was the lcd at first too.
It should take 15 days to get to Nigeria.
Re: My Lg G2 Screen Touch Saga by Nobody: 11:47am On Dec 13, 2014
Turn out you were right, I just a closer look at what I paid for and it was actually the complete screen + digitizer... (blessing in disguise) I guess..
Means change of plans... I hope this works out well.
Re: My Lg G2 Screen Touch Saga by ahmmyreal(m): 12:13pm On Dec 13, 2014
Eidosky:
Turn out you were right, I just a closer look at what I paid for and it was actually the complete screen + digitizer... (blessing in disguise) I guess..
Means change of plans... I hope this works out well.
So what do you say about making a deal on your current screen?
Re: My Lg G2 Screen Touch Saga by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 13, 2014
ahmmyreal:

So what do you say about making a deal on your current screen?
let's see how it goes.. If am able to successfully change it without hitch of any sort, we will have a deal... Ur number is here so i will give u a call.
Let's just see how things will turn out.
Re: My Lg G2 Screen Touch Saga by ahmmyreal(m): 10:11pm On Dec 13, 2014
Eidosky:
let's see how it goes.. If am able to successfully change it without hitch of any sort, we will have a deal... Ur number is here so i will give u a call.
Let's just see how things will turn out.
ahmmyrealnet@gmail.com
Re: My Lg G2 Screen Touch Saga by dhealthy: 9:47am On Dec 18, 2014
Op I advice you also buy a good tampered glass for your g2 to protect it
Re: My Lg G2 Screen Touch Saga by aAK1(m): 12:45pm On Dec 18, 2014
I want to hope you haven't made a big mistake. That caliberator comes in two series. If I were you, I would take pictures of the flex and have the seller examine it before buying it. My younger brother also made this mistake and had to buy it twice.
Re: My Lg G2 Screen Touch Saga by PAQ(m): 4:03pm On Dec 18, 2014
@OP, What u r experiencing with ur LG G2 is a factory defect of LG's Screen. Some say its due to the very slim bezels others say its a software issue.... LG is yet to say anything. It is called Ghost/Phantom touches. Google it and look for videos on youtube and XDA. It happened to mine, half of the screen sometimes becomes unresponsive, other times without touching the screen it opens apps automatically, and even types texts by itself... crazy! My phone fell on concrete last week and the screen is badly cracked, so now i have a bleeped up screen with ghost touches but the screen works perfectly when the demons havent entered it!!

In Abuja here, to get it replaced just costs 13k for the screen and 1k for repairs though. Cheers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Lg G2 Screen Touch Saga by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 18, 2014
aAK1:
I want to hope you haven't made a big mistake. That caliberator comes in two series. If I were you, I would take pictures of the flex and have the seller examine it before buying it. My younger brother also made this mistake and had to buy it twice.
yes I know, the d800 and d802 has different flex..
The seller confirmed my model before shipping.
Re: My Lg G2 Screen Touch Saga by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 18, 2014
PAQ:
@OP,

In Abuja here, to get it replaced just costs 13k for the screen and 1k for repairs though. Cheers.
am just hearing this for the first time.. Pls shed more light on it, is it that I can tweak the cracked glass to work??
Re: My Lg G2 Screen Touch Saga by PAQ(m): 11:32am On Dec 19, 2014
Tweaking to work... No! Something else must have disconnected inside, cos mine had a nasty fall and has cracks all over the surface but still works perfectly. Apart from when the ghost touches come in. I think u r having dead spot issues. That and Ghost/Phantom touch issues are common on LG G2. Some users started having these issues weeks after buying theirs, mine started after i updated my software.
Re: My Lg G2 Screen Touch Saga by kewes: 11:44am On Dec 19, 2014
Daz corning gorilla glass for you
Re: My Lg G2 Screen Touch Saga by Nobody: 7:58pm On Dec 19, 2014
PAQ:
Tweaking to work... No! Something else must have disconnected inside, cos mine had a nasty fall and has cracks all over the surface but still works perfectly. Apart from when the ghost touches come in. I think u r having dead spot issues. That and Ghost/Phantom touch issues are common on LG G2. Some users started having these issues weeks after buying theirs, mine started after i updated my software.

since I already ordered a new screen and digitizer, hope it will work without any problem??
Re: My Lg G2 Screen Touch Saga by francis247(m): 2:52am On Dec 20, 2014
PAQ:

Re: My Lg G2 Screen Touch Saga by francis247(m): 2:53am On Dec 20, 2014
PAQ:
Tweaking to work... No! Something else must have disconnected inside, cos mine had a nasty fall and has cracks all over the surface but still works perfectly. [b]Apart from when the ghost touches come in.[\b] I think u r having dead spot issues. That and Ghost/Phantom touch issues are common on LG G2. Some users started having these issues weeks after buying theirs, mine started after i updated my software.

Whenever it does, dial a number, it will stop though for a while. I guess this was what was happening with my L90 less than 3 months after purchase. LG touch screens are too fragile and reflective. They should correct this trend.
Re: My Lg G2 Screen Touch Saga by einsteino(m): 7:30am On Jan 04, 2015
Eidosky:
since I already ordered a new screen and digitizer, hope it will work without any problem??

yes a new screen and digitizer would fix it. however i would advise you factory reset the device before installing the new screen and also update your touch firmware to avoid it coming back.
Re: My Lg G2 Screen Touch Saga by grimandevil: 10:19am On Jan 04, 2015
thank God i didnt buy d g pad yesterday for my mum. mum rocking her htc desire 8310
Re: My Lg G2 Screen Touch Saga by einsteino(m): 8:42am On Jan 05, 2015
grimandevil:
thank God i didnt buy d g pad yesterday for my mum. mum rocking her htc desire 8310

well this issue is only on the lg g2, you only find it in like 1/15. and most cases so long as you stay on stock rom and latest touch firmware it wouldn't occur.

(1) (2) (Reply)

20 Amazing Nature Photos That Will blow your mind / Is Your Phone Stolen? Do These Immediately / Which Phone Chargers Are Best ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.