Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,123 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

Dont Touch Meat/s Until U Finish Ur Food. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Dont Touch Meat/s Until U Finish Ur Food. (1280 Views)

Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? / Must We Always Finish The Food Before The Meat? / Can You Finish This Food (see Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dont Touch Meat/s Until U Finish Ur Food. by simplejide(m): 10:38am On Dec 04, 2008
Why is it that some people dont eat the meat/s until they finish their meal. Is it traditional or spiritual. hmmm
Re: Dont Touch Meat/s Until U Finish Ur Food. by simplejide(m): 10:49am On Dec 04, 2008
wierd, very very. need some answers here.
Re: Dont Touch Meat/s Until U Finish Ur Food. by whatever90(f): 6:00pm On Dec 04, 2008
none of d above for me

i dont touch my meat until im thru wt d food,eating d meat half way d meal makes me tire of d meal quickly,and then the food looses its taste immediately
Re: Dont Touch Meat/s Until U Finish Ur Food. by inze(m): 2:24pm On Dec 05, 2008
As for me, when am done wit my meat i get filled and as such, i leave my meat till am through eating.

Even if its just two spoons i take, immediately am done with the meat, Game Over
Re: Dont Touch Meat/s Until U Finish Ur Food. by tpia: 5:50pm On Dec 05, 2008
Re: Dont Touch Meat/s Until U Finish Ur Food. by Hauwa1: 5:56pm On Dec 05, 2008
if you have plenty meats/assorted orishirishi in your meal, there wouldn't be any reason why you'd ignore your meaty as you eat.

if there is only 1 meat, you got no choice than to wait till the end of the meal before eating it.

imagine a richy egusi with goat meat, ponmo, oxtail, crayfish, dried hausa fish, magala, tinko, okporoko, shaki, etc abeg you will eat them as you chop the pyam or eba  grin
Re: Dont Touch Meat/s Until U Finish Ur Food. by diggler(m): 9:21pm On Dec 05, 2008
When i was lil, the meat served as motivation for me to finish the food (back then i was real picky)

somehow i got stuck with the habit

However like Hauwa said if i've got lotsa flesh to bite into, then it dont matter
Re: Dont Touch Meat/s Until U Finish Ur Food. by iice(f): 10:33am On Dec 07, 2008
I eat meat before, during and after my meal.
Have to blend the flavors cheesy
Re: Dont Touch Meat/s Until U Finish Ur Food. by CrazyMan(m): 12:30pm On Dec 07, 2008
If the food is very big, and the meat are like two or three, then I would descend on the meat first. But if the food is just average or small and the meat is just one, then I would preserve it until I finish eating the food.
Re: Dont Touch Meat/s Until U Finish Ur Food. by tosinadeda: 12:33am On Dec 08, 2008
i freaking eat wut i freaking like from the freaking food at any freaking time
Re: Dont Touch Meat/s Until U Finish Ur Food. by Nobody: 12:34am On Dec 08, 2008
When I do eat meat, I eat between meals, for flavor undecided
Re: Dont Touch Meat/s Until U Finish Ur Food. by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 08, 2008
tosinadeda:

i freaking eat what i freaking like from the freaking food at any freaking time
GBAM! cool
Re: Dont Touch Meat/s Until U Finish Ur Food. by Ilelobola: 3:10pm On Dec 08, 2008
My mother taught us not to eat the meat until we finish the rest of the food. I'd think a lot of parents taught their children the same ,
Re: Dont Touch Meat/s Until U Finish Ur Food. by MissyB1(m): 3:11pm On Dec 08, 2008
Very correct!!!
Same here . . . I was taught that when I was young and till date
I follow that rule. grin cool
Re: Dont Touch Meat/s Until U Finish Ur Food. by ifyalways(f): 3:59pm On Dec 08, 2008
Ilelobola:

My mother taught us not to eat the meat until we finish the rest of the food. I'd think a lot of parents taught their children the same ,
lol
so correct cheesy but now i have dropped that law ooooo,i eat my meat as i meat my meal cos "when i was a child,i thought like a child and behaved like a child now that am an adult,i have done away with all childish behaviors" 11 cor 13 v tongue
meat and meal goes together. cool
Re: Dont Touch Meat/s Until U Finish Ur Food. by mafolayomi(f): 2:16pm On Dec 12, 2008
lol. yes o, my late ground mother will tell you to put the meat in yr left hand and be eating, u must not eat d meat o until u finish your food. but now, i dey do as i like. grin
Re: Dont Touch Meat/s Until U Finish Ur Food. by TOYOSI20(f): 4:51am On Dec 25, 2008
ifyalways:

lol
so correct cheesy but now i have dropped that law ooooo,i eat my meat as i meat my meal because "when i was a child,i thought like a child and behaved like a child now that am an adult,i have done away with all childish behaviors" 11 cor 13 v tongue
meat and meal goes together. cool

True, i eat it berofe during and after in ma own case oo. smiley
Re: Dont Touch Meat/s Until U Finish Ur Food. by UNLEASHED(m): 6:18pm On Dec 28, 2008
inze:

As for me, when am done wit my meat i get filled and as such, i leave my meat till am through eating.

Even if its just two spoons i take, immediately am done with the meat, Game Over
Re: Dont Touch Meat/s Until U Finish Ur Food. by bronxdog: 6:22pm On Dec 28, 2008
Does it matter, what of meals which you dont eat with meats? e.g. beans, yam, porridge, etc ? Its your long throat that doesnt want you to eat the meat at any point in the meal, dont you know?
Re: Dont Touch Meat/s Until U Finish Ur Food. by spoilt(f): 1:57am On Dec 30, 2008
A friend once told me the meat is the climax!  grin I totally agree.
The meat is the reward for the hard work of downing the food. It really is the Zenith.  grin grin

Didnt our mothers say that kids that ate their meat first would grow up to steal?  shocked
Re: Dont Touch Meat/s Until U Finish Ur Food. by inze(m): 4:40pm On Jan 08, 2009
@ UNLEASHED

if to say this no be new year eehhh, i for ask wetin dey do you !!!

but all the same, why you dey quote me na ?
Re: Dont Touch Meat/s Until U Finish Ur Food. by Nobody: 3:24am On Jan 09, 2009
diggler:

When i was little, the meat served as motivation for me to finish the food (back then i was real picky)

Me too. Though I eat between meals now.

(1) (Reply)

The Most Disgusting Thing You've Ever Done. . . / I Want To Learn To Cook / Slash In Price For Birthday Cakes(promo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.