Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,937 members, 7,810,605 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

Nigerians Should Stop Fighting After An Accident! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nigerians Should Stop Fighting After An Accident! (8041 Views)

An Accident Involving A Drunk Driver At Ado Rd., Lagos (picture) / SEE Photos From An Accident In Ajah / I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Should Stop Fighting After An Accident! by MillionDollars: 7:56pm On Dec 09, 2014
d most times i've witnessed an accident, i've never seen a situation where the drivers or riders involved would simply say ''I'M SORRY'' and go their respective ways, but NO its d oda way round, they tend to quarrel or sometimes fight like they hit themselves on purpose. For crying out loud, no driver or rider was born with a steering(no one is perfect), i'd rather advice every driver and rider reading this to lets stop our ''FIGHT AFTER AN ACCIDENT'' mentality in Nigeria. THANKS

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Fighting After An Accident! by Fabdedon(m): 8:02pm On Dec 09, 2014
Lol very true sha..

When me and dis guy had accident..we came down inspected d damages..shook hands and exchange business cards.. And drove off cool

10 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Fighting After An Accident! by Truth24(m): 8:10pm On Dec 09, 2014
Noted
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Fighting After An Accident! by ChristineC: 8:17pm On Dec 09, 2014
Most times it's just ego

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Fighting After An Accident! by MillionDollars: 8:04am On Dec 10, 2014
Please mr Seun, obinoscopy, mynd44 and co, this is a frontpage material, thanks.
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Fighting After An Accident! by abatically(m): 8:55am On Dec 10, 2014
It depends on the situation and amount of damage. When someone drives recklessly and hit my car u don't expect me to shake hands and drive on... It is never done anywhere, especially when that person fail to realize his mistake. So u expect me to bear the damage every time a reckless driver hits my car? Op walahi u funny die.

And I really don't know what u mean by naija mentality because in the US and other countries when ur car gets involved in an accident u have to wait there until the cops show up especially when both parties don't agree.

18 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Fighting After An Accident! by lonelydora: 10:05am On Dec 10, 2014
I always wonder why people fight. If it's something you can't handle, simply call police officers instead of fighting.
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Fighting After An Accident! by Nobody: 10:44am On Dec 10, 2014
MillionDollars:
d most times i've witnessed an accident, i've never seen a situation where the drivers or riders involved would simply say ''I'M SORRY'' and go their respective ways, but NO its d oda way round, they tend to quarrel or sometimes fight like they hit themselves on purpose. For crying out loud, no driver or rider was born with a steering(no one is perfect), i'd rather advice every driver and rider reading this to lets stop our ''FIGHT AFTER AN ACCIDENT'' mentality in Nigeria. THANKS
come and hit my New range from the rear and tell me this.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Fighting After An Accident! by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 10, 2014
MillionDollars:

This would have been an interesting topic but the way u put it makes it dumb. At the bolded, so because no one was born with a steering, then we should all go out driving recklessly bashing other people's cars and then say I'M SORRY. How dumb.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Fighting After An Accident! by drumma(m): 12:01pm On Dec 10, 2014
you're right but let me not lie to you.... I feel like shooting you right now... when danfo stupidly destroys your bumper and you know it costs 70k so you'll go to him and smile and wait for him to tell you his sorry?

Biko you try gan nii

MillionDollars:

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Fighting After An Accident! by NMotorwerks: 12:58pm On Dec 10, 2014
There should be no reason to fight each-other, let the insurance handle the repair. At least every car should have third party insurance as required by law. Should a reckless drive hit your car, all you need to do is to collect their insurance information, take a picture and pursue the insurance. Be civil, no need to fight, if you fight, you could be charged with assault and battery.
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Fighting After An Accident! by Nobody: 1:22pm On Dec 10, 2014
NMotorwerks:
There should be no reason to fight each-other, let the insurance handle the repair. At least every car should have third party insurance as required by law. Should a reckless drive hit your car, all you need to do is to collect their insurance information, take a picture and pursue the insurance. Be civil, no need to fight, if you fight, you could be charged with assault and battery.

Story for the gods. Shey na danfo or marwa wey get insurance?

10 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Fighting After An Accident! by DisGuy: 2:31pm On Dec 10, 2014
More annoying is the fact they dont move to the side of the road to fight/discuss fault. they stay in the middle of the bloody road shouting and gesticulating-

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Fighting After An Accident! by mastercee(m): 12:28pm On Dec 11, 2014
You mean I should not rake after someone bash my Volkswagen Beetle? Haa! No oooooo. I must to bash the the driver himself cos I worked so hard to buy the car.

Oun tani lan nani

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Fighting After An Accident! by dre11(m): 12:29pm On Dec 11, 2014
Noted sir

But if person bash my car.. ..
Nah wahala he see oooo
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Fighting After An Accident! by holatin(m): 12:29pm On Dec 11, 2014
good but cant be entirely possible.
Saw one occurrence one day.
Two rich men hit themselves, they came out and have an handshake, said a little word and they finally changed their card and vehicle particulars.
it was so marvelous.
I never think something like that could happen in Nigeria.....its Good to be rich.

#waiting for NEPA to bring light for my undone beans

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Fighting After An Accident! by chalxdon(m): 12:29pm On Dec 11, 2014
And this makes front page? SMH
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Fighting After An Accident! by UjSizzle(f): 12:30pm On Dec 11, 2014
After the bashing, na to speak grammar remain grin

What I don't understand is the need to hold other drivers to ransome by handling their business right in the middle of the road. Is it so difficult to pullover and fight? undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Fighting After An Accident! by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 11, 2014
Big big grammar after the deed.
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Fighting After An Accident! by kunlesehan(m): 12:30pm On Dec 11, 2014
Nah frustration o
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Fighting After An Accident! by adrainuche(m): 12:32pm On Dec 11, 2014
Everywhere. No b. Only. Nigeria grin angry
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Fighting After An Accident! by Bloggz74(m): 12:33pm On Dec 11, 2014
The reason is that most of accident victims are not the real owner,either employed drivers or he just stole his brothers key for a cruise and has no idea of how to get funds for repair.
Another reason is the economic palaver!,,,,,,lol

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Fighting After An Accident! by topaaz(m): 12:34pm On Dec 11, 2014
What do you expect of them when everyone wants to be right. Only few drivers admit they drove wrongly. The other day a naval officer was beating up a civilian because he drove wrongly and the civilian asked him "who give you driving license?" But those military guys are wicked sha, they break traffic laws more than anybody in this country and still claim they're right.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Fighting After An Accident! by adebisiema(m): 12:34pm On Dec 11, 2014
Next...
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Fighting After An Accident! by BE811APP: 12:36pm On Dec 11, 2014
Chairman..
And op was begging the tread to be moved to the fp...
Smh
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Fighting After An Accident! by Vince77(m): 12:36pm On Dec 11, 2014
Shebi d time i went to buy the car i told the seller "im sorry" and he just dash me d car abi?.

anyway i hv never seen gentle men fighting bfore(the talk like gentle men n d matter is solved)., only agbero boys were manage to gada money buy car na dem dey throw punch.
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Fighting After An Accident! by dannydaniels(m): 12:37pm On Dec 11, 2014
Well its no new thing .....in France wen U hit someone's car U park well inspect the damages and move on.....thats how we roll wink cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Rx 300 Develop A Problem. Pls Help / Should I Replace My 15inch Rims With 16inch Rims On My Toyota Camry 2001 Model? / Flying Car, Airscooter To Go On Sale Later This Year For Around $50k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.