Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Nigerians Should Stop Fighting After An Accident! - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nigerians Should Stop Fighting After An Accident! (8055 Views)

An Accident Involving A Drunk Driver At Ado Rd., Lagos (picture) / SEE Photos From An Accident In Ajah / I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Fighting After An Accident! by VolvoS60(m): 8:43pm On Dec 11, 2014
dabossman:
You really can't blame most people for ending up in this situation. If people at fault accept that they are wrong then we can move on; but when you are wrong and you are claiming to be right, there will be trouble o.

There was this one guy who was trying to overtake me from the right on a major two-lane expressway where we were all going at reasonable speed, only for him to notice a danfo parked at the bus-stop ahead. What should any sane driver do? Slow down, check your mirror, trafficate (indicate) and then switch lanes once the coast is clear. But no, this guy swerves towards me trying to squeeze through, I try to swing to my left to avoid us making contact but the concrete road divider (kerb) is right beside me. The guy ends up hitting my front fender. Next thing he stops right in the middle of the road before me and begins to alight. I decide not to cause a traffic gridlock, so I try to park to the side off the road. The guy hurriedly jumps into his vehicle and blocks me again saying I must not run away. I'm like dude what the hell. His friends also alight and surround me saying I ran into them from behind. Of course they are all smelling of alcohol. They begin to form good cop, bad cop, with one trying to play the mediator while still pinning the blame on me; asking me to apologize to his friend so peace could reign! Say what?!

Now tell me how that won't result into a long argument?

^^^

Your story is eerily similar to mine. From the accident arising from the other driver's recklessness to the alcohol to the good cop, bad cop routine.

I ended up brawling with the other driver when things spiraled out of control. Before this incident the last time I had brawled in the streets was over 15 years ago when I was young, hotheaded, single and not yet a father. angry

I left the scene because it was dark, late at night and I didn't want any opportunists who had gathered round to take advantage and harm or rob my family (who were sitting in my car).

Those young guns got away with it. Or so they think...
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Fighting After An Accident! by loomer: 1:32am On Dec 12, 2014
na I am sorry go repair d motor?
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Fighting After An Accident! by Nobody: 6:39am On Dec 15, 2014
If everyone has genuine third party auto insurance, there would be no need for story. Just shake hands like gentlemen and the insurance company takes care of the rest.
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Fighting After An Accident! by DisGuy: 11:50am On Dec 15, 2014
^^ perharps if FRSC and licensing offices stop selling fake insurance as part of the registration process that will reduce the amount of fake papers flying around

and the police should have a database for those uninsured drivers

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SPY Number Plate / My Rx 300 Develop A Problem. Pls Help / Honda Creates A Butt-steered Cycle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.