Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,767 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:15 PM

Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? (5698 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / Woman Caught By Her In-laws With Her Husband's Friend In A Hotel / Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by crackhaus: 6:15pm On Dec 10, 2014
cococandy:
but it is not the norm. Maybe his experience
However, it's something to think on and be guarded against.

I don't believe it's only his experience, I've heard many stories and personally know some men unfortunate enough to have being caught in such situations.
Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by cococandy(f): 6:18pm On Dec 10, 2014
crackhaus:

However, it's something to think on and be guarded against.

I don't believe it's only his experience, I've heard many stories and personally know some men unfortunate enough to have being caught in such situations.
I'm pretty sure if his wife comes up with her own experience too, it would be like he's the monster.
Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by Stillfire: 6:27pm On Dec 10, 2014
Is this Nigeria's reality?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by crackhaus: 6:28pm On Dec 10, 2014
cococandy:
I'm pretty sure if his wife comes up with her own experience too, it would be like he's the monster.
So let's assume he got issues too, is that enough to take half his assets, or collect alimony and child-support payments, and/or decide when he should see his kids?

Remember she's probably going to get married again and be a beneficiary of new husband's money, while ex-husband who's providing for his new wife will still be sending his hard-earned money to her...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by coogar: 6:35pm On Dec 10, 2014
crackhaus:

So let's assume he got issues too, is that enough to take half his assets, or collect alimony and child-support payments, and/or decide when he should see his kids?

Remember she's probably going to get married again and be a beneficiary of new husband's money, while ex-husband who's providing for his new wife will still be sending his hard-earned money to her...

and that right there is where family courts are fücked up. in some US states, the income of the new partner of a broke dad can be used to provide child support. up till this minute, the income of the partner of a broke mum cannot be used for that purpose - why? cos her new partner isn't the father of the child. so is the broke dad's new partner the mother of the child?

some of these family courts are insane! grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by cococandy(f): 6:36pm On Dec 10, 2014
crackhaus:

Half his assets? undecided

Really she was supposed to just pack her bags and leave after 10yrs of marriage and sacrificing her career to be the stay home mom that he wanted?

It was their assets. Not his.

Whatever they made while married belonged to both of them. And in the event of a divorce it is split down the middle.
Sometimes the man even gets a lot more than half.(I wonder why they still complain)

If they have kids both of them will support their kids hence he has to pay child support.
Sometimes you see a man who pays 500 dollars a month in child support whining about it when it takes more than 1000dollars a month to keep his children going. Da heck.

Alimony doesn't apply in every case. There are conditions that make it necessary but in many cases the husband and wife split up and go their separate ways without the husband owing the wife any dime especially if there were no kids involved.

Clean break.
I know quite some divorced couples. Don't take these nairaland porkies to be the fact out there

1 Like

Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Dec 10, 2014
bukatyne:

You guys want to eat ya cake and have it cheesy

Some women have become smarter than y'all grin

I don't know any woman who will leave a loving hubby because of $

Like you alls say, a woman should not be verbally abusive because she cannot control the man's physical reaction...

Bukatyne says: a man should love his wife because he cannot control her financial reaction! Shakashaka!

Nor be Naija where husband go leave wife, claim everything including the belle in her womb!
He can very well control her financial reaction in Nigeria. I'm a Nigeria who lives primarily in Nigeria, I'm good with that.
Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Dec 10, 2014
Please how many of these people get into marriage completely oblivious of the consequences of divorce?
Too many people trying to play victim where its not even appropriate.
Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by 5minsmadness: 7:47pm On Dec 10, 2014
It's all part of the devil's plan. Destroy the family unit, destroy the love between man and woman, destroy mankind.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by bukatyne(f): 9:15pm On Dec 10, 2014
Timbuktou:
He can very well control her financial reaction in Nigeria. I'm a Nigeria who lives primarily in Nigeria, I'm good with that.

These laws do not apply to Nigeria

Instead of concentrating on how to ensure the women get nothing nothing the Naija way, why don't the men concentrate on being better husbands?

I still insist that no woman who is in a loving marriage will scheme on how to take hubby to the cleaners.
Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by bukatyne(f): 9:18pm On Dec 10, 2014
5minsmadness:
It's all part of the devil's plan. Destroy the family unit, destroy the love between man and woman, destroy mankind.

Lol!

Poor devil who is smoking weed in Jamaica!

The things some people do amaze the devil himself.

The heart of man is desperately wicked.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Dec 10, 2014
bukatyne:

These laws do not apply to Nigeria

Instead of concentrating on how to ensure the women get nothing nothing the Naija way, why don't the men concentrate on being better husbands?

I still insist that no woman who is in a loving marriage will scheme on how to take hubby to the cleaners.
It's not the naija way to leave women destitute. It's the naija way that after marriage, every one should answer their papa name. That's fairness as far as I'm concerned. Never will you hear a naija man whine about that his wife divorced him and left him nothing. Abi, naija women don't divorce their husbands ni?

And I insist that any woman who take her husband to the cleaners is a greedy pig. I saw the movie "Why Did I Get Married Too" and was disgusted with Malik Yoba's character for asking for more from his divorce with Janet Jackson's character. She was hell bent on giving only as much as he contributed to their union. That's how it should be.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by bukatyne(f): 9:42pm On Dec 10, 2014
Timbuktou:
It's not the naija way to leave women destitute. It's the naija way that after marriage, every one should answer their papa name. That's fairness as far as I'm concerned. Never will you hear a naija man whine about that his wife divorced him and left him nothing. Abi, naija women don't divorce their husbands ni?

And I insist that any woman who take her husband to the cleaners is a greedy pig. I saw the movie "Why Did I Get Married Too" and was disgusted with Malik Yoba's character for asking for more from his divorce with Janet Jackson's character. She was hell bent on giving only as much as he contributed to their union. That's how it should be.

If the hubby was deserving, she will not take him to the cleaners cheesy

Strive to be a deserving hubby kiss kiss
Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by Mutaino7(m): 10:54pm On Dec 10, 2014
bukatyne:

same to be said to the women.. So strive to be a deserving wifey.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by bukatyne(f): 11:00pm On Dec 10, 2014
Mutaino7:
same to be said to the women.. So strive to be a deserving wifey.

Is it the women crying about divorce settlement?
Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by 5minsmadness: 11:03pm On Dec 10, 2014
bukatyne:

Lol!

Poor devil who is smoking weed in Jamaica!

The things some people do amaze the devil himself.

The heart of man is desperately wicked.
laugh all you want, but its the truth.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by bukatyne(f): 11:08pm On Dec 10, 2014
5minsmadness:

laugh all you want, but its the truth.

Sorry grin grin
Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Dec 10, 2014
bukatyne:

Strive? Woman, please! On my worst day I'm the shiit. The missus will tell anyone who cares to listen that she was practically dead before she met me. I am the thing women want but can't explain. My mom is jealous of my wife. Fact. grin. Think Peabo Bryson's "A Whole New World" tongue
Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by coogar: 11:27pm On Dec 10, 2014
Timbuktou:
Strive? Woman, please! On my worst day I'm the shiit. The missus will tell anyone who cares to listen that she was practically dead before she met me. I am the thing women want but can't explain. My mom is jealous of my wife. Fact.

if your mom is jealous of your wife then all your exes must be on a suicide watch as we speak. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by bukatyne(f): 11:30pm On Dec 10, 2014
Timbuktou:
Strive? Woman, please! On my worst day I'm the shiit. The missus will tell anyone who cares to listen that she was practically dead before she met me. I am the thing women want but can't explain. My mom is jealous of my wife. Fact.

Enough mouth lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by bukatyne(f): 11:32pm On Dec 10, 2014
cogar:

if your mom is jealous of your wife then all your exes must be on a suicide watch as we speak. grin

You dey mind am? tongue
Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Dec 10, 2014
coogar:

I kid you not bruv. She used to like me fvcking up just so I could cook for her, you wanna try my cooking? I used to make food when I offend her, till I got her tricks and locked up. Even my mother-in-law can't deny the boy's quality, and I don't take shiit from her o.

"Ah, oko mi kaabo". And I go dey feel like Tony Montana.
Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Dec 10, 2014
bukatyne:

Enough mouth lipsrsealed
Lol. I'm a fun-loving person and have a sharp sense of humour. Maybe one day I'll post what my mornings are like at home. My son prefers me bathing him, my wife will shrivel without me. I'm too good to lose. tongue. Mo quality mehn.
Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by coogar: 11:45pm On Dec 10, 2014
Timbuktou:
I kid you not bruv. She used to like me fvcking up just so I could cook for her, you wanna try my cooking? I used to make food when I offend her, till I got her tricks and locked up. Even my mother-in-law can't deny the boy's quality, and I don't take shiit from her o.

[img]http://media./media/nyb16NIsqq8p2/giphy.gif[/img]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Dec 10, 2014
coogar:

[img]http://media./media/nyb16NIsqq8p2/giphy.gif[/img]
Merci, mon ami. Thinking of sending the woman to Mecca on pilgrimage, she'll forever be in my debt and in my corner. grin grin. *Evil grin.
Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by bukatyne(f): 11:54pm On Dec 10, 2014
Timbuktou:
Lol. I'm a fun-loving person and have a sharp sense of humour. Maybe one day I'll post what my mornings are like at home. My son prefers me bathing him, my wife will shrivel without me. I'm too good to lose. tongue. Mo quality mehn.

You sure don't sound like that online and can't picture you that way.

As long as your wife is happy, All good.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by coogar: 11:54pm On Dec 10, 2014
Timbuktou:
Merci, mon ami. Thinking of sending the woman to Mecca on pilgrimage, she'll forever be in my debt and in my corner. grin grin. *Evil grin.

try & do that...
i sent my mom to jerusalem few years back - her greatest wish. i dunno what it is about mothers & all those holy places. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by bukatyne(f): 11:56pm On Dec 10, 2014
Timbuktou:

What 's wrong with cooking for wife if is that she likes?
Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by Nobody: 12:13am On Dec 11, 2014
bukatyne:

What 's wrong with cooking for wife if is that she likes?
Nothing, actually. I just don't like being manipulated. If I tell her I'll be home early, she knows to get asun because she knows there no work for her to do. I can't stand clutter and just basically do everything before she gets back. The asun is payment for helping her out. So, it's asun and wine or orijin after Junior's asleep and er...you know the rest.
Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by Nobody: 12:14am On Dec 11, 2014
coogar:

try & do that...
i sent my mom to jerusalem few years back - her greatest wish. i dunno what it is about mothers & all those holy places. cheesy
Will do. It's all about prestige, my brother. Do you what it means to be an alhaja in the neighbourhood? grin. And she didn't want me to marry the girl before o. grin
Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by bukatyne(f): 12:20am On Dec 11, 2014
Timbuktou:
Nothing, actually. I just don't like being manipulated. If I tell her I'll be home early, she knows to get asun because she knows there no work for her to do. I can't stand clutter and just basically do everything before she gets back. The asun is payment for helping her out. So, it's asun and wine or orijin after Junior's asleep and er...you know the rest.

OK, I get the manipulation part.

Keep up the good work
Re: Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? by Nobody: 12:20am On Dec 11, 2014
bukatyne:

You sure don't sound like that online and can't picture you that way.

As long as your wife is happy, All good.
Oh, she's happy, I assure you. I make sure of it. But I don't hesitate to nip shiit in the bud. Love her to bits too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jide Kosoko's Wife Involved In A Fatal Road Accident- Pic / Is Bullet Energy Drink Alcoholic? / Must A Wife Know Her Husband's Phone Number Offhand?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.