Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,720 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Democracy Is Not About Quarrelling Like Motor Park Touts – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Democracy Is Not About Quarrelling Like Motor Park Touts – Jonathan (9291 Views)

Female Bombers Attack Motor-Park In Adamawa, 30 Feared Dead - Premium Times / Bomb Blast At Dadin-Kowa Motor-Park In Gombe This Night / Some Senior Citizens Are Motor Park Touts –Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

Democracy Is Not About Quarrelling Like Motor Park Touts – Jonathan by lalasticlala(m): 10:43pm On Dec 09, 2014
Abuja – President Goodluck Jonathan on Tuesday called on politicians to shun “ceaseless quarrelling” and engage in robust political debates that would strengthen the country’s democracy.

Jonathan made the call at the public presentation and official launch of the Kukah Centre, founded by prominent cleric and Catholic Bishop‎ of Sokoto Diocese, Rev. Fr. Matthew Kukah.

‎‎Among other aims, the centre was established to strengthen national debate, improve governance and encourage Nigerians to take an active role in the country’s leadership.

Jonathan ‎said that the nation’s democracy should be deepened by robust debates, stimulation of innovative ideas and healthy engagements by all actors.

“I call on everyone, the political class, our citizens and more importantly, the academic community to rise up to these challenges posed by this initiative (centre).

.“I think we are over defining our democracy today by quarreling as if democracy is about competitors quarreling just like motor park workers,” he said.

“I think we are over defining our democracy today by quarreling as if democracy is about competitors quarreling just like motor park workers,” he said.
The president urged politicians to use the 2015 elections to renew their commitment ‎to the country’s unity.

He said: “As elections draw close, I call on all politicians to see this as another opportunity for us to renew our commitment to deepen our democracy and strengthen our bond of unity.

“Democracy is not about ‎political parties and politicians alone, it is not just about winning or losing elections; it is about freedom, about development and above alla forward march of our civilisation and encouragement of creativity.“It is in this regard that we must seek to identify and support the growth of structures and institutions that will help strengthen our democracy to‎ meet our aspirations as a people.”

Jonathan noted that policy research institutes like the Kukah Centre had been pivotal to the social economic transformation of leading countries of the world‎.

According to him, such centres have served as the laboratories of the development, inter-relation and the refinement of key government policies.

He likened the Kukah Center to the Brooklyn Institute in America, which pioneered fact-based studies of government policies, using science as a key to analysis.The president then challenged Nigerian politicians to draw inspiration from it.

‎‎“I’m personally convinced that the centre could not have finer mentor than the revered gentleman of long patriotic standing, Bishop Matthew Hassan Kukah,” he added.The centre also aims at promoting conversations among Nigeria’s faith communities, as well as between leaders in faith and public policy.‎ (NAN)

source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/democracy-quarreling-like-motor-park-touts-jonathan/

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Democracy Is Not About Quarrelling Like Motor Park Touts – Jonathan by Morkavictor: 10:44pm On Dec 09, 2014
That means playing politics with maturity.

Re: Democracy Is Not About Quarrelling Like Motor Park Touts – Jonathan by ALKARULEZ615(m): 10:45pm On Dec 09, 2014
Wait!
Re: Democracy Is Not About Quarrelling Like Motor Park Touts – Jonathan by onosprince(m): 10:48pm On Dec 09, 2014
Re: Democracy Is Not About Quarrelling Like Motor Park Touts – Jonathan by GboyegaD(m): 10:55pm On Dec 09, 2014
Does our beloved Jonathan understands what democracy is before talking about what democracy is not?

Re: Democracy Is Not About Quarrelling Like Motor Park Touts – Jonathan by stebell(m): 11:12pm On Dec 09, 2014
Mr. President let me help yu summarize ur speech.

APC quarrels and shout like motor park touts. simple.

GEJ till 2019.

60 Likes

Re: Democracy Is Not About Quarrelling Like Motor Park Touts – Jonathan by eunisam: 11:27pm On Dec 09, 2014
Jonathan is talking like a wise president. I wonder why querrels became part of democracy.

Re: Democracy Is Not About Quarrelling Like Motor Park Touts – Jonathan by MillionDollars: 11:34pm On Dec 09, 2014
come to think of it, d same JONATHAN is d topic of d 'quarrels'

Re: Democracy Is Not About Quarrelling Like Motor Park Touts – Jonathan by tit(f): 11:43pm On Dec 09, 2014
a shot over the bows to "God" (obasanjo).
Re: Democracy Is Not About Quarrelling Like Motor Park Touts – Jonathan by Nobody: 11:48pm On Dec 09, 2014
Tell them please. They are bunch of kids, {Gej included}

Re: Democracy Is Not About Quarrelling Like Motor Park Touts – Jonathan by Rikidony(m): 1:36am On Dec 10, 2014
since na LALA NA SURE FP MATERIAL........... MAKE I GALAN HERE FIRST

*TIME TO READ. UPDATE TOMOROW

HAVING MA SPANISH LANGUAGE EXAMS TOMOROW DONT FORGET I SCHOOL IN SPAIN *

Re: Democracy Is Not About Quarrelling Like Motor Park Touts – Jonathan by Rikidony(m): 1:39am On Dec 10, 2014
MY ABLE PRESIDO TELL THEM ESPECIALLY THE NAIRALAND PAID WARRIORS

GEJ TILL 2019 THEN A SOUTHEASTENER TILL 2027 cool cool

21 Likes

Re: Democracy Is Not About Quarrelling Like Motor Park Touts – Jonathan by tit(f): 2:27am On Dec 10, 2014
Rikidony:
MY ABLE PRESIDO TELL THEM ESPECIALLY THE NAIRALAND PAID WARRIORS

GEJ TILL 2019 THEN A SOUTHEASTENER TILL 2027 cool cool

yeye man!
"God" is laughing at you.
what do you think Sambo will do?
GEJ till 2019, Sambo from then on.

Re: Democracy Is Not About Quarrelling Like Motor Park Touts – Jonathan by KHAYGOLD(m): 2:41am On Dec 10, 2014
Jonathan the evil one who has been quarrelling against the future and existence of Nigeria by indirectly and directly dividing the nation by his bigotic attitude and reactions to issues, now preaching about quarrelling. May God not only punish you, but embarrass you come 2015.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Democracy Is Not About Quarrelling Like Motor Park Touts – Jonathan by temitemi1(m): 4:56am On Dec 10, 2014
Apc is full of touts. Sir have u forgotten apc originated from Lagos where tinubu resides. GEJ till 2019.

Re: Democracy Is Not About Quarrelling Like Motor Park Touts – Jonathan by lonelydora: 5:18am On Dec 10, 2014
GEJ until APC fields a credible person.

Re: Democracy Is Not About Quarrelling Like Motor Park Touts – Jonathan by Firefire(m): 6:25am On Dec 10, 2014
tongue

Jonathan is a real democrat.

He never forced his will on people, he never impose any candidate, gentle like a dove.

But the reverse is the case about Nigeria opposition party, they cry at every opportunity, even when not required.

Nigeria opposition party could pass as a FULL BODY of Political Touts, Area Fathers and Rascal fence jumpers.

Nigeria have a long way to go...

24 Likes

Re: Democracy Is Not About Quarrelling Like Motor Park Touts – Jonathan by davdandam(m): 6:26am On Dec 10, 2014
Re: Democracy Is Not About Quarrelling Like Motor Park Touts – Jonathan by Nobody: 6:26am On Dec 10, 2014
Everyone be acting the good boy.
Re: Democracy Is Not About Quarrelling Like Motor Park Touts – Jonathan by LMAyedun(m): 6:26am On Dec 10, 2014
Tell them Sir!

Re: Democracy Is Not About Quarrelling Like Motor Park Touts – Jonathan by Nobody: 6:26am On Dec 10, 2014
Another 1
Re: Democracy Is Not About Quarrelling Like Motor Park Touts – Jonathan by Firefire(m): 6:27am On Dec 10, 2014
stebell:

GEJ till 2019.

Agbero style of politics been practiced by opposition in Nigeria. grin

Re: Democracy Is Not About Quarrelling Like Motor Park Touts – Jonathan by eleko1: 6:27am On Dec 10, 2014
Re: Democracy Is Not About Quarrelling Like Motor Park Touts – Jonathan by youngvizzy1(m): 6:27am On Dec 10, 2014
Tell ur boys o jona
Re: Democracy Is Not About Quarrelling Like Motor Park Touts – Jonathan by LMAyedun(m): 6:27am On Dec 10, 2014
stebell:

GEJ till 2019.
Gbam!!

Re: Democracy Is Not About Quarrelling Like Motor Park Touts – Jonathan by coolzeal(m): 6:28am On Dec 10, 2014
The two candidates offered to Nigerian electorates thus: “one is a fool surrounded by idiots while the other is an i*diot surrounded by fools.” What is shaping up for 2015 is an unpalatable option for a weary nation. The option for 2015 is simple: If Nigeria votes for candidate A, Nigeria is finished. If we vote for candidate B, Nigeria is finished. That’s a no-win situation for a country of 170 million people and I cannot simply comprehend that. In addition, we don't practice democracy in Nigeria not even the great capitalist USA. Mr president.

Re: Democracy Is Not About Quarrelling Like Motor Park Touts – Jonathan by Flets: 6:28am On Dec 10, 2014
GEJ is a true democrat. Democracy is all about superior opinions on issues and not about tearing down existing structures to make a point like APC does.

Re: Democracy Is Not About Quarrelling Like Motor Park Touts – Jonathan by NovusHomo(m): 6:29am On Dec 10, 2014
lalasticlala:
Abuja – President Goodluck Jonathan on Tuesday called on politicians to shun “ceaseless quarrelling” and engage in robust political debates that would strengthen the country’s democracy.

Jonathan made the call at the public presentation and official launch of the Kukah Centre, founded by prominent cleric and Catholic Bishop‎ of Sokoto Diocese, Rev. Fr. Matthew Kukah.

‎‎Among other aims, the centre was established to strengthen national debate, improve governance and encourage Nigerians to take an active role in the country’s leadership.

Jonathan ‎said that the nation’s democracy should be deepened by robust debates, stimulation of innovative ideas and healthy engagements by all actors.

“I call on everyone, the political class, our citizens and more importantly, the academic community to rise up to these challenges posed by this initiative (centre).

.“I think we are over defining our democracy today by quarreling as if democracy is about competitors quarreling just like motor park workers,” he said.

“I think we are over defining our democracy today by quarreling as if democracy is about competitors quarreling just like motor park workers,” he said.
The president urged politicians to use the 2015 elections to renew their commitment ‎to the country’s unity.

He said: “As elections draw close, I call on all politicians to see this as another opportunity for us to renew our commitment to deepen our democracy and strengthen our bond of unity.

“Democracy is not about ‎political parties and politicians alone, it is not just about winning or losing elections; it is about freedom, about development and above alla forward march of our civilisation and encouragement of creativity.“It is in this regard that we must seek to identify and support the growth of structures and institutions that will help strengthen our democracy to‎ meet our aspirations as a people.”

Jonathan noted that policy research institutes like the Kukah Centre had been pivotal to the social economic transformation of leading countries of the world‎.

According to him, such centres have served as the laboratories of the development, inter-relation and the refinement of key government policies.

He likened the Kukah Center to the Brooklyn Institute in America, which pioneered fact-based studies of government policies, using science as a key to analysis.The president then challenged Nigerian politicians to draw inspiration from it.

‎‎“I’m personally convinced that the centre could not have finer mentor than the revered gentleman of long patriotic standing, Bishop Matthew Hassan Kukah,” he added.The centre also aims at promoting conversations among Nigeria’s faith communities, as well as between leaders in faith and public policy.‎ (NAN)

source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/democracy-quarreling-like-motor-park-touts-jonathan/

Re: Democracy Is Not About Quarrelling Like Motor Park Touts – Jonathan by Flets: 6:29am On Dec 10, 2014
GboyegaD:
Does our beloved Jonathan understands what democracy is before talking about what democracy is not?

He understands, he knows democracy should drive issues based politics, constructive criticism, proffering superior suggestipns on collective issues.

It is not about tearing the existing structure down to set up a new one, it is consolidating on current and existing gains

The kind of politics played by the opposition in Nigeria is the worst form of politics. They are all after killing the current govt yet they have no superior suggestions to the issues bedevilling this country.

APC and their paid online agents are just touts.

Tips On How To Overcome Going Late To Church / Zamfara Governorship Judgement Review: Supreme Court Fixes Date, March 17 / Osinbajo: Sexual Harassment Victims Are Not Responsible For The Abuse