Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,034 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Airlines Will Now Compensate Passengers For Delay, Cancelled Flights - Minister - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Airlines Will Now Compensate Passengers For Delay, Cancelled Flights - Minister (10337 Views)

Arik Air Delays Passengers For 6Hours At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, Abuja / Lagos Plane Crash: List Of Passengers & Survivors / Airlines To Compensate Passengers For Delayed Flights, Others. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airlines Will Now Compensate Passengers For Delay, Cancelled Flights - Minister by Nlmadfreak: 7:58am On Dec 10, 2014
Cool............................
Re: Airlines Will Now Compensate Passengers For Delay, Cancelled Flights - Minister by darepoju(m): 7:59am On Dec 10, 2014
let's see how it will work
Re: Airlines Will Now Compensate Passengers For Delay, Cancelled Flights - Minister by Misogynist2014(m): 8:00am On Dec 10, 2014
Nlders, I was here.
Re: Airlines Will Now Compensate Passengers For Delay, Cancelled Flights - Minister by Kinkale(m): 8:02am On Dec 10, 2014
jvera:
wat sought of compensation wud worth wat d individual has missed due to d delay

atleast its beta dan being snubbed ryt.. No mata wah you've losed atleast you got sumtin in return
Re: Airlines Will Now Compensate Passengers For Delay, Cancelled Flights - Minister by KanwuliaJara: 8:02am On Dec 10, 2014
Rubbish!

So they can start 'rushing' and KILLING people to avoid costs?
Please, they berra make sure those 'tuke-tukes' in the air are safe FIRST!
Upside-down thinking as usual!

Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!

1 Like

Re: Airlines Will Now Compensate Passengers For Delay, Cancelled Flights - Minister by iwriterng(m): 8:03am On Dec 10, 2014
In Nigeria, policy comes after a company has been setup and operating, this is wrong, I wonder what our law makers are doing.

Create a quality policy, if a company can meet up, give them the benefit of operating in our country, if they cant , they should find their business elsewhere. How do you expect airliners to just say yes to this new rules without challenging it?
Re: Airlines Will Now Compensate Passengers For Delay, Cancelled Flights - Minister by kevoh(m): 8:06am On Dec 10, 2014
Yaaaaaaaay
Re: Airlines Will Now Compensate Passengers For Delay, Cancelled Flights - Minister by LegatusGlaber(m): 8:07am On Dec 10, 2014
Somehow, the cost will be indirectly passed on to the passenger.

1 Like

Re: Airlines Will Now Compensate Passengers For Delay, Cancelled Flights - Minister by akoaki(m): 8:18am On Dec 10, 2014
Nigerians no longer trust pronouncements like this. We have had too many unfulfilled promises of change in the aviation industry. The honourable minister should just concentrate on what he can make in the remaining period of the adminitration. Where corruption reigns, nothing works.

1 Like

Re: Airlines Will Now Compensate Passengers For Delay, Cancelled Flights - Minister by Odunharry(m): 8:20am On Dec 10, 2014
Abbey2sam:

See them

that one be like spacebookng?
Re: Airlines Will Now Compensate Passengers For Delay, Cancelled Flights - Minister by toria1980(f): 8:21am On Dec 10, 2014
Oh how i wud have love this news, if only it will be effective undecided
Re: Airlines Will Now Compensate Passengers For Delay, Cancelled Flights - Minister by coolzeal(m): 8:22am On Dec 10, 2014
This should be one of the most outstanding and vital development in the aviation industry but Stella Oduah paved the way. She's Nigeria aviation.
Re: Airlines Will Now Compensate Passengers For Delay, Cancelled Flights - Minister by Nobody: 8:27am On Dec 10, 2014
texazzpete:
What Is all this 'we will' and 'we may'?

Make it law, make it a guideline and enforce it. It doesn't take Ages to get this done.

This is something Stealer Oduah should have put in place. It's a no-brainer. People should not have to land in lagos by 12 midnight because of airline delay and be left to meander home in the dark.

You talk as though yur not a Nigerian....so many laws but none of it is enforced..all this one nah just mouth in my own opinion....they will rather enforce the one that will stress the customer....in the long run I hope ds wont make airliners be in a haste for arrangement & thereafter jeopardise the safety of the flight...#9ja
Re: Airlines Will Now Compensate Passengers For Delay, Cancelled Flights - Minister by Nobody: 8:28am On Dec 10, 2014
KanwuliaJara:
Rubbish!

So they can start 'rushing' and KILLING people to avoid costs?
Please, they berra make sure those 'tuke-tukes' in the air are safe FIRST!
Upside-down thinking as usual!

Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!

#GBAM!
Re: Airlines Will Now Compensate Passengers For Delay, Cancelled Flights - Minister by TRADELYN: 8:30am On Dec 10, 2014
I'm so happy for this grin grin grin

However, safety is first!
Re: Airlines Will Now Compensate Passengers For Delay, Cancelled Flights - Minister by swedbase(m): 8:49am On Dec 10, 2014
jvera:

So what should be done in the case like that?
Re: Airlines Will Now Compensate Passengers For Delay, Cancelled Flights - Minister by Nobody: 8:57am On Dec 10, 2014
better safe than sorry. i will rather be delayed or miss my flight than be rushed into an incompletely checked airplane
Re: Airlines Will Now Compensate Passengers For Delay, Cancelled Flights - Minister by lonelydora: 9:02am On Dec 10, 2014
Aero Contractors take note. Yours is the worst.
Re: Airlines Will Now Compensate Passengers For Delay, Cancelled Flights - Minister by Okijajuju1(m): 9:16am On Dec 10, 2014
[b]This policy isn't new..

It has been there but no implementation. At one point, Arik Air had a sign on there counters that read; If your flight is delayed for more than an hour, you have a right to be compensated.' After like 2 months, the sign disappeared and has not returned. That was the time Arik delayed a 12pm flight till 11pm at night. Not a single compensation was given to any passenger apart from the usual sorry.

When the sign was still up, what Arik started doing was they would board the flights and keep passengers inside the plane for hours without Air conditioning until they were ready to take off.

Nigeria's problem isn't a lack of policies but a total disregard for them. Police checkpoints are illegal in Nigeria but here in Lagos, they still exist. Even the Mopols guarding the embassies at Walter Carrington have keyed into this hussle. At night they would leave the embassy and mount a checkpoint on Ozumba Mbadiwe and be extorting drivers.

I will not be impressed until I see this policy in action.[/b]
Re: Airlines Will Now Compensate Passengers For Delay, Cancelled Flights - Minister by Nobody: 9:20am On Dec 10, 2014
_
Re: Airlines Will Now Compensate Passengers For Delay, Cancelled Flights - Minister by Okijajuju1(m): 9:20am On Dec 10, 2014
12inches1:
better safe than sorry. i will rather be delayed or miss my flight than be rushed into an incompletely checked airplane

Why is it only our Airlines that have problems keeping to flight schedules.. Answer is; Because Nigerian airlines operate with just a handful of aircrafts and yet want to run back to back flights to rake in millions. If they have operational problems that require time to fix, they should adjust their schedule to allow for maintenance in between flights rather than sell tickets for flights that are not ready to fly.

We can't keep cutting these airlines slacks. Many people have lost monies due to their inefficiencies.
Re: Airlines Will Now Compensate Passengers For Delay, Cancelled Flights - Minister by Burger01(m): 9:21am On Dec 10, 2014
Abbey2sam:

See them

Ogbeni, do I strike you or appear to you like a member of Nairaland?
I go sue your azz and I demand nairaland apology.. angry

Seun, I see you've formatted the unformatted Nairaland to mean nairaland. Na wa o..
Re: Airlines Will Now Compensate Passengers For Delay, Cancelled Flights - Minister by Okijajuju1(m): 9:23am On Dec 10, 2014
texazzpete:
What Is all this 'we will' and 'we may'?

Make it law, make it a guideline and enforce it. It doesn't take Ages to get this done.

This is something Stealer Oduah should have put in place. It's a no-brainer. People should not have to land in lagos by 12 midnight because of airline delay and be left to meander home in the dark.

Exactly...

People will land in the dead of night and arrive into our unsafe airports only to get robbed. Arik was a champion at this type of behaviour. Now I learnt Aero has taken the lead.
Re: Airlines Will Now Compensate Passengers For Delay, Cancelled Flights - Minister by Abbey2sam(m): 9:25am On Dec 10, 2014
Burger01:

Ogbeni, do I strike you or appear to you like a member of Nairaland?
I go sue your azz and I demand nairaland apology.. angry

Seun, I see you've formatted the unformatted Nairaland to mean nairaland. Na wa o..

I'm sorry sir

1 Like

Re: Airlines Will Now Compensate Passengers For Delay, Cancelled Flights - Minister by Burger01(m): 9:27am On Dec 10, 2014
Abbey2sam:

I'm sorry sir
Apology accepted. Thank you..
Re: Airlines Will Now Compensate Passengers For Delay, Cancelled Flights - Minister by justitiaomnibus(m): 9:30am On Dec 10, 2014
Ok

Good development

But I don't travle by air.

Still waiting for when transport companies will pay compensation for delayed journeys esp when their vehicles breakdown on the road leaving commuters stranded
Re: Airlines Will Now Compensate Passengers For Delay, Cancelled Flights - Minister by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 10, 2014
Good development, I hope it will be strictly implemented, otherwise it becomes another story for the gods.

You miss your flight and they declare a "no show" pay to re-book the flight.

They cancel the flight and they tell you "we are sorry"

It's only in a country without proper enforcement of rules that such things can happen...
Re: Airlines Will Now Compensate Passengers For Delay, Cancelled Flights - Minister by chigoizie7(m): 10:24am On Dec 10, 2014
jvera:

just like no amount of punishment will bring back a person that is murdered, all these are measures to serve as a deterrent to erring airliners.@least when dey pay more than 2000 passengers per week. they will know whether they are loosing or gaining and den decide whether to keep paying or to start keeping to time.its a welcomed development.
Re: Airlines Will Now Compensate Passengers For Delay, Cancelled Flights - Minister by Mordyb: 10:34am On Dec 10, 2014
Tell that to arik and aero (with their stale snacks) those delays can be seriously frustrating

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do You Ever Think Of Moving Back To Nigeria / Pls What's The Difference Between Fatal And Ghastly Accident? / How To Apply For / Renew A Nigerian Passport In The UK 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.