Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,328 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Ever Had To Deal With Nafdac? Please Advise A Brother - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ever Had To Deal With Nafdac? Please Advise A Brother (841 Views)

I Have Five Hundred Thousand Naira, 500,000, Please Advise Me On Business To Do / How To Deal In Agric Products From North / Nafdac Registration And Requirenments(3) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ever Had To Deal With Nafdac? Please Advise A Brother by frisby: 7:35am On Dec 10, 2014
Good day good Nigerians,
I'm confident that, as usual, I will get helpful tips from well-meaning NL'ers.

So, I plan to go into small-scale food production. Yogurt to be precise. I've gone for trainings and what-have-you.
But the next step is what to do to be in right standing with NAFDAC.

I was mailed a list of requirements and it includes a factory, and there goes my difficulty.
Does it have to be a stand-alone factory?
What if I can't afford a piece of land now, can I rent an entire flat and use it for a factory?
Ok, and even if I can't use a flat, can I erect a small building on some space left on the compound where I and some other tenants live?

Please, if you've had any experience with NAFDAC and starting a food business I would really appreciate any piece of advice in this regard. This is my first time attempting this. Are there any acceptable work-arounds?
Are there better options that I'm not seeing yet?
What would you do in my shoes?
Please advise me. Thank you all and have a wonderful wednesday.
Re: Ever Had To Deal With Nafdac? Please Advise A Brother by sexyedjutto: 7:55am On Dec 10, 2014
Huh
Re: Ever Had To Deal With Nafdac? Please Advise A Brother by Kimmo(f): 8:20am On Dec 10, 2014
frisby:
Good day good Nigerians,
I'm confident that, as usual, I will get helpful tips from well-meaning NL'ers.

So, I plan to go into small-scale food production. Yogurt to be precise. I've gone for trainings and what-have-you.
But the next step is what to do to be in right standing with NAFDAC.

I was mailed a list of requirements and it includes a factory, and there goes my difficulty.
Does it have to be a stand-alone factory?
What if I can't afford a piece of land now, can I rent an entire flat and use it for a factory?
Ok, and even if I can't use a flat, can I erect a small building on some space left on the compound where I and some other tenants live?

Please, if you've had any experience with NAFDAC and starting a food business I would really appreciate any piece of advice in this regard. This is my first time attempting this. Are there any acceptable work-arounds?
Are there better options that I'm not seeing yet?
What would you do in my shoes?
Please advise me. Thank you all and have a wonderful wednesday.

I don't know how helpful this will be, but I'll type all the same.
My dad once ran a pure water business about 10, 11 years ago and the requirements included a factory that stood alone, so he had to demarcate a portion of our compound and build the factory there. He erected a small bungalow of about three rooms, one for purification, packaging and storage, if I remember correctly.
After that, he invited them to see the premises, after which he got his registration number.

1 Like

Re: Ever Had To Deal With Nafdac? Please Advise A Brother by frisby: 10:57am On Dec 10, 2014
Kimmo:

I don't know how helpful this will be, but I'll type all the same.
My dad once ran a pure water business about 10, 11 years ago and the requirements included a factory that stood alone, so he had to demarcate a portion of our compound and build the factory there. He erected a small bungalow of about three rooms, one for purification, packaging and storage, if I remember correctly.
After that, he invited them to see the premises, after which he got his registration number.

Oh that's really helpful!
It means I can erect a building on the compound where I live, and all I need to do is separate it with a fence and it qualifies as a stand-alone factory.

Thank a lot.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

List Of Recharge Voucher Pin Major Dealers / . / Abuja!! 2007 Camry Best Buy Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.