Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,302 members, 7,860,744 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:27 PM

Borno, Adamawa Residents Laud Military, Pledge More Support - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Borno, Adamawa Residents Laud Military, Pledge More Support (477 Views)

Explain Borno, Adamawa Attacks, Fayose Tells Lai Mohammed / Boko Haram Kills 70 Adamawa Residents On Sallah Day / Military Deploys Armoured Tanks To Borno, Adamawa, Yobe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Borno, Adamawa Residents Laud Military, Pledge More Support by eke419: 8:25am On Dec 10, 2014
The people of Adamawa have commended the military for curtailing the activities of the Boko Haram insurgents in the northern part of the state.

The army had recently succeeded in recovering areas occupied by insurgents in Mubi-North, Mubi-South, Gombi and Hong local government areas.
A cross section of the people who spoke on the successes recorded against the sect members said the development was a big relief to the residents of the state.

“I was thinking of leaving Yola for Abuja or Lokoja when Boko Haram took over Mubi and other areas, but with this development, I am now relaxed and hope to do my Christmas here,” Peter John said.

Tizhe Kwada, Ibrahim Abdulrahman and Felix Vandi, who hailed from Michika town, commended the efforts of the military and called for steady military advance to cover Michika and Madagali local government areas.

“I want them to sustain the tempo and cover Michika and Madagali local government areas to make it a total liberation of the territories in Adamawa,” Vandi said.

Ahijo Idris and Aliyu Lokuwa, who hail from Mubi, said they were happy with the development and would love to go back whenever the military gave the order for people to return.

“There is still restriction of vehicular movement, whenever the military gives the green light for people to return a lot of us are set to rush back home.

” Our crops are due for harvest and many of us are eager to go back home and harvest,” the residents said.

Meanwhile, the Executive Secretary of Adamawa State Emergency Management Agency (ADSEMA), Malam Haruna Furo, has visited Mubi and other areas affected by the mayhem.

Furo said the agency was assessing the situation with a view to taking necessary measures before the residents could return home.

Meanwhile, the Borno chapter of the Nigeria Vigilante Group, said it would continue to collaborate with the military in order to consolidate on the successes recorded against the insurgents.

An official of the group, Malam Muhammed Sani, said this in an interview with NAN in Maiduguri.

“We are fully prepared and we will continue to support the military in winning this war; and I can boastfully say that no Boko Haram can enter this city to defeat us.

“They are cowards, that is why they are sending unsuspecting female bombers to attack the cities, but we have devised means to track down any bomber that enters this town.
Source: .com.ng
Re: Borno, Adamawa Residents Laud Military, Pledge More Support by ellguapo: 9:03am On Dec 10, 2014
This is great news

Viva Nigeria
Re: Borno, Adamawa Residents Laud Military, Pledge More Support by clemz88(m): 9:08am On Dec 10, 2014
Thumbs up to our military. Doing Nigerians great since 3012AD

(1) (Reply)

Breaking!!! APC Presidential Primary: Buhari In Early Lead / Special Case Of Rivers PDP / Revealed;why Corrupt People Don't Want Buhari As President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.