Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,059 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Is It Safe To Convert D Injector Of A Car To Carburetor? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is It Safe To Convert D Injector Of A Car To Carburetor? (3603 Views)

Can Converting My Car To Carburetor Get My Car Out Of Limp Mode / Top 5 Signs Of A Bad Fuel Injector / Using Of Lacquer Thinner In Gas Tank As A Cat And Injector Cleaner, How Safe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Safe To Convert D Injector Of A Car To Carburetor? by dickt(m): 9:59am On Dec 10, 2014
Sb wants to sell a Toyota Sequoia to me but d excessive fuel consumption of Sequoias is discouraging me. But I later thought d consumption problem can b solved by converting d injector to a Jetta carburetor. Don't u think this will cause more problems?
Re: Is It Safe To Convert D Injector Of A Car To Carburetor? by lonelydora: 10:01am On Dec 10, 2014
Gini? Jetta carburettor for a V8 engine? Say good bye to the car if you try it.

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Convert D Injector Of A Car To Carburetor? by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 10, 2014
dickt:
Sb wants to sell a Toyota Sequoia to me but d excessive fuel consumption of Sequoias is discouraging me. But I later thought d consumption problem can b solved by converting d injector to a Jetta carburetor. Don't u think this will cause more problems?

Converting a fuel-injected engine to run a carburettor will make it thirstiest. Either buy the Toyota and use it as she is, or buy yourself a smaller car, simple.

7 Likes

Re: Is It Safe To Convert D Injector Of A Car To Carburetor? by dickt(m): 10:14am On Dec 10, 2014
I appreciate your comments. No insults so far. Special thanx to Siena.I was actually waiting for your comment. Thank you.
Re: Is It Safe To Convert D Injector Of A Car To Carburetor? by dickt(m): 10:27am On Dec 10, 2014
It seems like it's ok to convert frm injector to carburetor . Check this link out: https://answers.yahoo.com/question/?qid=20081122210401AA2DAq3
Re: Is It Safe To Convert D Injector Of A Car To Carburetor? by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 10, 2014
dickt:

[size=16pt]Do it! Do it! Just bite the bullet and when its done, come tell us how it feels to be bold, daring and adventurous.
No Risk, No reward![/size] angry

[size=1pt] DISCLAIMER: Lomomike should NOT be held liable for any damages to the car before, during and after the course of conversion.[/size]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Safe To Convert D Injector Of A Car To Carburetor? by dokilolo: 1:49pm On Dec 10, 2014
lomomike:

[size=16pt]Do it! Do it! Just bite the bullet and when its done, come tell us how it feels to be bold, daring and adventurous.
No Risk, No reward![/size] angry

[size=1pt] DISCLAIMER: Lomomike should NOT be held liable for any damages to the car before, during and after the course of conversion.[/size]
lol...rotfl... grin
Re: Is It Safe To Convert D Injector Of A Car To Carburetor? by Readonee35L(m): 1:49pm On Dec 10, 2014
Ahhhh op dont try it oh
see this man sha , you dont have enough cash for gas you want to buy a Toyota sequoia with a 5.7L Pivot v8 and now you think you can convert it to A Carburetor . i think your mech gave you the advice grin grin,please how do you expect to provide the engines need ,that car will get messed up,, you are going to regret, Guess what?
if it eventually works the cars consumption will rise to x3

but the Sequoia is a very thirsty car

why not buy a lexus rx300 330 or 350

or buy a v6 suv

nothing wey person no go see for 9ja here
very soon you will see another thread Saying he changed his 5.7L engine to a 1.8L corolla engine , and they start shouting for help sad angry angry angry

i have given my advice and not trying to discourage you, you can do it if you want , and please share your pictures grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Convert D Injector Of A Car To Carburetor? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 10, 2014
Why buy a v8 car when u care about fuel economy. My advice, get urself a rav 4 with a 4 cylinder engine or look for Land cruiser Prado, they do come with 4 cylinder but that car is slow as hell. Its very simple, u want power u have to burn fuel, u can't eat ur cake and still have it.
Re: Is It Safe To Convert D Injector Of A Car To Carburetor? by camaro(m): 6:52pm On Dec 10, 2014
Buy your self a 2005 Toyota Corolla.
Re: Is It Safe To Convert D Injector Of A Car To Carburetor? by nurey(m): 10:21pm On Dec 10, 2014
Op you are a very brilliant genius and I love people that think out of the BOX there is nothing like building a limited version of an engine but the question I would ask you is that injector is a light weight component and the carburetor is a chunky piece of component except you want to run an open bonnet like the F1 cars I don't know how you expect the bonnet to close when you finally fit in that CRAP-BURATOR? And you time starts now

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Convert D Injector Of A Car To Carburetor? by dickt(m): 2:27am On Dec 12, 2014
O.k. I haf hia
Re: Is It Safe To Convert D Injector Of A Car To Carburetor? by sultaan(m): 3:12am On Dec 12, 2014
Pure genius I like your mechanic
Re: Is It Safe To Convert D Injector Of A Car To Carburetor? by Nobody: 7:46am On Dec 12, 2014
Things that make you go, hmmmmmm angry
Re: Is It Safe To Convert D Injector Of A Car To Carburetor? by double0seven(m): 11:19am On Dec 22, 2014
greenhulk:
Why buy a v8 car when u care about fuel economy. My advice, get urself a rav 4 with a 4 cylinder engine or look for Land cruiser Prado, they do come with 4 cylinder but that car is slow as hell. Its very simple, u want power u have to burn fuel, u can't eat ur cake and still have it.

actually he's not looking for power; what he wants is the efizy of a big car and a big man, but wants to cheat on the PRICE TO BE PAID with fuel efficiency of a Picanto.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Safe To Convert D Injector Of A Car To Carburetor? by kuntash: 12:27pm On Dec 22, 2014
I have done that on a 1991 camry- with 3S-FE engine long ago. reason was incompetent mechanic, injector was a nightmare to many mechanics and electricians as at that time. However, I reverted to the injector , after reading many advantages of the injector over carburetor.

the experience was less power on the carburetor , I tweaked the carburetor as much as I could to manually balance air and fuel mixture, but could not surpass the economy of a good working injector..

the injector had more torque, when mounted, response time was better, and the fuel economy was excellent whenever the air-mass meter was at its optimal.. (I tweaked that too..lol)

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Convert D Injector Of A Car To Carburetor? by AutosBay(m): 6:26pm On Dec 22, 2014
Yes, it can be done.BUT it is gonna take ALOT of time, money and effort. Most if not all fuel injection systems are computer controlled. So you would need to buy and install all kinds of sensors, wiring and a computer that the Fuel Injection system will work with and communicate with. Also you would need to upgrade the camshaft, fuel system (higher fuel pressures) and ignition system.

Source: https://answers.yahoo.com/question/?qid=20110317195330AAlH37W
Re: Is It Safe To Convert D Injector Of A Car To Carburetor? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Dec 22, 2014
AutosBay:
Yes, it can be done.BUT it is gonna take ALOT of time, money and effort. Most if not all fuel injection systems are computer controlled. So you would need to buy and install all kinds of sensors, wiring and a computer that the Fuel Injection system will work with and communicate with. Also you would need to upgrade the camshaft, fuel system (higher fuel pressures) and ignition system.

Dude, are you for real? Or you simply did your copy and paste routine, without bothering to read the thread starter's query?

Let me make it simple for you - the query is about converting a fuel injected engine to run a carburettor-fuelled one. So why would a bunch of sensors and an ECU be needed??

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Safe To Convert D Injector Of A Car To Carburetor? by icemann(m): 7:03pm On Dec 22, 2014
Siena:

Dude, are you for real? Or you simply did your copy and paste routine, without bothering to read the thread starter's query?

Let me make it simple for you - the query is about converting a fuel injected engine to run a carburettor-fuelled one. So why would a bunch of sensors and an ECU be needed??

Unless he is talking of electronic carburetors. But the link is the other way round
Re: Is It Safe To Convert D Injector Of A Car To Carburetor? by abatically(m): 7:17pm On Dec 22, 2014
AutosBay:

Nna mhen na wa for u o. U didn't even read the query (or u read it and did not understand it ) u just did ur normal copy and paste not minding if it tallies with the problem on ground. Must u comment on every thread? Just shut up if ur not sure of something.
Re: Is It Safe To Convert D Injector Of A Car To Carburetor? by peterjero(m): 11:02pm On Dec 22, 2014
kuntash:
I have done that on a 1991 camry- with 3S-FE engine long ago. reason was incompetent mechanic, injector was a nightmare to many mechanics and electricians as at that time. However, I reverted to the injector , after reading many advantages of the injector over carburetor.

the experience was less power on the carburetor , I tweaked the carburetor as much as I could to manually balance air and fuel mixture, but could not surpass the economy of a good working injector..

the injector had more torque, when mounted, response time was better, and the fuel economy was excellent whenever the air-mass meter was at its optimal.. (I tweaked that too..lol)

That's my car, but mine is the 1989 model and I still can hit 180km at will the injector is the easiest to work on very less complicated.
Re: Is It Safe To Convert D Injector Of A Car To Carburetor? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Dec 22, 2014
Autosbay, I would like your response to the questions posted.
Re: Is It Safe To Convert D Injector Of A Car To Carburetor? by vitality22(m): 9:59am On Dec 23, 2014
CityNG:
Autosbay, I would like your response to the questions posted.
City Ng, can i get an OBD2 car scanner that sell for 5k from you for my personal use? can i have your contact if you are in Nigeria so I can call you?
Thanks
Re: Is It Safe To Convert D Injector Of A Car To Carburetor? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 23, 2014
vitality22:

City Ng, can i get an OBD2 car scanner that sell for 5k from you for my personal use? can i have your contact if you are in Nigeria so I can call you?
Thanks

All currently sold out now but will have new stock with me in Ibadan in February.

Thanks for the consideration.
Re: Is It Safe To Convert D Injector Of A Car To Carburetor? by Readonee35L(m): 11:37pm On Sep 08, 2015
this guy by now must have tried an experiment of installing a 99 camry 5S-FE 2.2 L I4 with carburetor engine inside his sequoia , but him no go fit come here come cry grin grin grin
Re: Is It Safe To Convert D Injector Of A Car To Carburetor? by umbo: 1:15pm On Sep 02, 2016
Kjtaj

(1) (Reply)

Jeep Is Crazy!! Here's Why You Should Get One!! / What Usually Happens To Stolen Cars / MAZDA 2008 Battery/non-starting Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.