Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,724 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

I Am Sorry I Lied - Part 1 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Am Sorry I Lied - Part 1 (940 Views)

Sorry I Never Said Goodbye (A Tribute And A Regret) / <<THE UNDERCOVER AGENT¤¤Part 1 & 2>> / I Am Sorry, I Just Have To Open This Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Am Sorry I Lied - Part 1 by mute4real: 12:30pm On Dec 10, 2014
"I take you to be my lawfully wedded wife, my constant friend, my faithful partner and my love from this day forward. I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in your goals, to honor and respect you, to laugh with you and cry with you, and to cherish you for as long as we both shall live."

My darling wife, those were the words I said to you in the presence of many witnesses on that beautiful Saturday. It was the most beautiful day of my life. No other day before or after can compare with that day. Standing before the love of my life and saying those words was magical.

It's been several years after and I am so sorry to tell you the truth, I lied. I promised to love you unconditionally but I've realized that I lied to you. Sweetheart, I tried, I really, really, tried, but it just isn't working.

Sweetheart, you've got to help me here. I am human and I have my limits. The first few years of our marriage was blissful. It was heaven on earth until you started playing those mind games with me. Rather than telling me what you wanted you expected me to just know. You expected me to just read your mind and know what you wanted. You have no idea how draining it was for me.

Then the kids came and I could no longer tell my place in the family. Do I come before the kids or the kids before me? I could not tell if you were married to me or the kids. The kids became your excuse for everything. Even your dress sense changed and it was because of the kids. Honey, I know it was challenging, I know that naturally, they needed more of your attention and I am really grateful for being the wonderful mother you are to them. But you are also my wife just as I am a father to them and a husband to you.

The sex. Where do I even begin? It used to be a wow moment. You were never ashamed to initiate it. Your hands were all over me just as I couldn't get my hands off of you. I was sure you enjoyed it because you always told me. But those days seem to have gone. Now you are just like a log of wood waiting for me to be done so you can move on with your life. You just consent to it so it does not seem like you are not fulfilling your matrimonial duty. But it is more than just lying in bed.

Your ambition. I have always known that you were going somewhere to happen and I loved you for it. There was a fire in you. You were purpose-driven then. Today, all I see in you is ambition. All you talk about is how to get to the top of the ladder. You've become so consumed with ambition I doubt if you even know the difference between purpose and ambition. You are so consumed with your ambition you can’t even see that we are falling apart. My input no longer counts. You ask for it but you go ahead to do whatever you want, anyway. I thought we were each other’s highest priority. I guess I was wrong.

All these years, as I watched you become another woman,those words I said to you that Saturday morning kept coming to me. Can I really continue to do this "Unconditionally" thing? Maybe for someone I have no feelings for. But for you, my darling, you are my everything and I want to be your everything, too. You've got to help me here because I finally realized that on that Saturday morning when I said those words to you, I lied to you. I am sorry I lied. THE END

Won't you like to be part of a special group where the members are interested in personal development? Personal development is an investment not a waste of time and money. Mute's Notes (www./mutesnotes) is a subscription based group on Facebook where the members get to read two very mind-challenging and life-transforming notes every month, and they also get to discuss the notes in an interactive session to find out how they can apply the lessons in their lives.

Members also have group live chat sessions where almost everyone is online at the same time to discuss and bond. Indeed it is a community of people with focus and you get to be part of this with only N5,000. You get 40 percent discount if you subscribe on or before December 31st.

To subscribe:
1. Make a payment of N3,000 before December 31, in favour of
Personal Leadership Resources,
Guaranty Trust Bank Plc.
Acct No: 0160822431.
From January the subscription fee will be N5,000.

2. Send an SMS in the format MN * Surname * First Name * Facebook Name * Email Address * Mobile No. to 08038749796.

You will get an SMS confirmation in return acknowledging your payment. After subscription you will be invited into the group via the Facebook name you stated in the SMS.

Subscription fee is for 6 months - January to June, 2015.

Now, tell me, did you learn anything from I Am Sorry I Lied - Part 1, that you just read? I'll like to know if I added any value to you or if you have any part you object to, kindly let me know by leaving a comment.

Thank you

The one whom Jesus loves,
Mute Efe

Talk2Mute:
2625EA25
@Mute_Efe
0803-874-9796
mute.efe at gmail dot com
www.facebook.com/mutehimself
Re: I Am Sorry I Lied - Part 1 by stonecoldcafe: 1:02pm On Dec 10, 2014
Lol; I like this. Food for thought.

1 Like

Re: I Am Sorry I Lied - Part 1 by mute4real: 10:03am On Dec 13, 2014
stonecoldcafe:
Lol; I like this. Food for thought.
Thank you stonecoldcafe. You can visit my page on Facebook for more articles.

(1) (Reply)

Tell Us About The Best Stories You've Ever Read On NL / The Bad Girl Behind The Good Girl Chapter 1 / Kilishi (A Short Story By Husband Material)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.