Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,594 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Live Update: Alao Akala Wins Labour Party Primary Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Live Update: Alao Akala Wins Labour Party Primary Election (12834 Views)

Jonathan, Fayose At The Bayelsa PDP Governorship Primary Election Today (Photos) / Dr Ifeanyi Uba Wins Labour Party Governorship Primaries In Anambra State / Akala Wins Oyo Ticket With 1,239 Votes; Opponents Total Vote = 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Live Update: Alao Akala Wins Labour Party Primary Election by mistabiola: 2:08pm On Dec 10, 2014
Alao Akala Wins Labour Party Primary Election as the rest 5 aspirant withdraw and adopt Alao Akala as the sole candidate to pick the Governorship ticket but the Senatorial and Honourable's election will begin very soon after the accreditation of the Delegates.

Source : I'm reporting live from Olubadan Stadium
Re: Live Update: Alao Akala Wins Labour Party Primary Election by mistabiola: 2:10pm On Dec 10, 2014
Five governorship aspirants of the Labour Party on
Wednesday conceded the governorship ticket of the party in
Oyo State to a former governor in the state, Adebayo Alao-
Akala , during the party’s primary in Ibadan.
The five aspirants are Sharafadeen Alli, Nurudeen Akinyo,
Kazeem Adedeji, Olu Abiala and Olatunji Sadiq. Alli was
nominated as running mate to Alao-Akala while others said
they unanimously selected the former governor in the
interest of the party and the state.

Alao-Akala left the Peoples Democratic Party on Monday
when former Senate Leader Teslim Folarin emerged as the
party’s governorship candidate, citing insincerity and
injustice as reasons for his withdrawal from the party. He
immediately announced the decision to join LP.
In his acceptance speech, Alao-Akala commended the other
aspirants and the party for accepting him, expressing the
optimism that the party would form the next government in
the state.

He said, “Today marks the beginning of another history in
the political landscape of our great state. It marks the
beginning of victory over darkness, as we’re all on board to
the promised land. The events of the recent weeks spurred
us into taking this very bold step; a step that has put stop to
rumours and speculations within the political circuit in Oyo
State and Nigeria at large.

“In preparation for the 2015 elections, we set out to
actualise our ambition on our old mat, but God has another
plan for us, here we are on a marble, the Rehoboth, without
stress amidst honest and reliable people. I want to reiterate
that we never planned to leave the PDP. We were not chased
out either but it was evident that the current leadership of
the party had forgotten that politics is not the same as
election.”

The former governor said the elections were decided by the
electorate rather than external influence, adding that the LP
would embark on massive public enlightenment in all nooks
and crannies of the state.
Re: Live Update: Alao Akala Wins Labour Party Primary Election by Osasemma(f): 2:11pm On Dec 10, 2014
Lol. Politricks. A man wining primaries in a party he was never part of............

5 Likes

Re: Live Update: Alao Akala Wins Labour Party Primary Election by itsmine: 2:18pm On Dec 10, 2014
nice news for Apc, Accord, Labour & Pdp will only share remnant votes including those of thugs & stomach-infrastructure beneficiaries. Easy ride for Apc

10 Likes

Re: Live Update: Alao Akala Wins Labour Party Primary Election by mistabiola: 2:23pm On Dec 10, 2014
Labour party have appointed Barrister Sharafadeen Abiodun Alli as his running mate.
Re: Live Update: Alao Akala Wins Labour Party Primary Election by Bishop4bella(m): 2:30pm On Dec 10, 2014
Party like this has no vision. Imagine Akala who just defected not upto two days won their governorship primary.

Nawa ooo

8 Likes

Re: Live Update: Alao Akala Wins Labour Party Primary Election by mistabiola: 2:45pm On Dec 10, 2014
The Party Primary have come to an end and the names of the Senators that will be representing the party in the upcoming election are; Olu Abiala for Oyo Central , Tajudeen for Oyo North and Nurudeen Akinyo for Oyo South. The party members are celebrating and rejoicing with the candidates currently.
Re: Live Update: Alao Akala Wins Labour Party Primary Election by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 10, 2014
Great....SAI APC
Re: Live Update: Alao Akala Wins Labour Party Primary Election by blemon44(m): 3:20pm On Dec 10, 2014
Ok
Re: Live Update: Alao Akala Wins Labour Party Primary Election by bigfatbooty: 3:20pm On Dec 10, 2014
good
Re: Live Update: Alao Akala Wins Labour Party Primary Election by Joeself1(m): 3:20pm On Dec 10, 2014
coward him
Re: Live Update: Alao Akala Wins Labour Party Primary Election by stevolinkon40: 3:21pm On Dec 10, 2014
interesting. Ladoja is d man anyway
Re: Live Update: Alao Akala Wins Labour Party Primary Election by ALKARULEZ615(m): 3:21pm On Dec 10, 2014
Better person nor kukuma dey d party before na

2 Likes

Re: Live Update: Alao Akala Wins Labour Party Primary Election by dre11(m): 3:22pm On Dec 10, 2014
When they have no other credible candidates

Why won't they choose him
Political prostitution at its peak .............
Let him go and waste some of the money he did steal joor
Re: Live Update: Alao Akala Wins Labour Party Primary Election by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 10, 2014
ok embarassed
Re: Live Update: Alao Akala Wins Labour Party Primary Election by kingdavid2015: 3:22pm On Dec 10, 2014
Great
Re: Live Update: Alao Akala Wins Labour Party Primary Election by holyboss: 3:22pm On Dec 10, 2014
Hehehehehe ok

My signature wink
Re: Live Update: Alao Akala Wins Labour Party Primary Election by englishmart(m): 3:22pm On Dec 10, 2014
Alao Akala might vote Jonathan by 2015.
Labour party is one party that can't even win the post of a course rep in my school

4 Likes

Re: Live Update: Alao Akala Wins Labour Party Primary Election by miqos04: 3:23pm On Dec 10, 2014
ok
Re: Live Update: Alao Akala Wins Labour Party Primary Election by TheRealAdonye(m): 3:23pm On Dec 10, 2014
Yeye dey smell..
Re: Live Update: Alao Akala Wins Labour Party Primary Election by Nobody: 3:24pm On Dec 10, 2014
see as i dey use toothpick dey shook Suya shop
here,i come resemble Dangote
Re: Live Update: Alao Akala Wins Labour Party Primary Election by candidbabe(f): 3:24pm On Dec 10, 2014
kk

Re: Live Update: Alao Akala Wins Labour Party Primary Election by Lastdon02(m): 3:24pm On Dec 10, 2014
eyah
Re: Live Update: Alao Akala Wins Labour Party Primary Election by vanvicker(m): 3:24pm On Dec 10, 2014
This party lacks vision,a decampee being ur gubernatorial nominee? am 100% sure that LP leadership are all foolish,I keep my fingers crossed to see how Akala will win.Visionless Labor Party.
Re: Live Update: Alao Akala Wins Labour Party Primary Election by Seuncoded(f): 3:25pm On Dec 10, 2014
ati gbo
Re: Live Update: Alao Akala Wins Labour Party Primary Election by miqos04: 3:26pm On Dec 10, 2014
john4reala:

see as i dey use toothpick dey shook Suya shop
here,i come resemble Dangote
na lie, u drink pure water come dey shakara for here
Re: Live Update: Alao Akala Wins Labour Party Primary Election by slap1(m): 3:27pm On Dec 10, 2014
Bling bling!
Re: Live Update: Alao Akala Wins Labour Party Primary Election by kolawoleahmed(m): 3:27pm On Dec 10, 2014
Wot of reps
Re: Live Update: Alao Akala Wins Labour Party Primary Election by sarutobie(m): 3:28pm On Dec 10, 2014
"sophisticated politics" in action..I laugh at nigerians
Re: Live Update: Alao Akala Wins Labour Party Primary Election by OLAplusONE(m): 3:29pm On Dec 10, 2014
Good riddance to bad rubbish; he has just given Ajimobi a smooth sail
Re: Live Update: Alao Akala Wins Labour Party Primary Election by Kennethco(m): 3:30pm On Dec 10, 2014
*spreads mat* Sit down cross my leg. .........Am sure irrespective of any party he joins, itz certain dat he will still emerge d oyo state governor cum nxt year

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

List Of Nigerian Politicians Ban From Entering The US / PSC Promotes Six Police Commissioners, Two AIGs, 7,207 Others / Turaki Reacts To Exoneration From Alleged ₦715M Fraud Charges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.