Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup (14400 Views)

The Best Kuli Kuli You Ever Tasted! / Ever Tasted Groundnut(peanut) Soup ? / Have U Tasted Roasted Or Fried Grasshopper? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by Nobody: 8:25am On Dec 12, 2014
Sweet soup!!! and it gets sweeter as the days go by cool
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by XKZ(m): 8:27am On Dec 12, 2014
Yes. It was awesome.
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by omololu2020(m): 8:33am On Dec 12, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:
That's one of my ethnicity dishes .....I drink it like water ....the best soup even with pounded plantain or boiled ones ...or with rice cheesy

It very tasty
pounded plantain undecided
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by okirewaju(f): 8:39am On Dec 12, 2014
Nope never have

Wonder how it taste though! Does it have that groundnut like taste?

That was how I kept hearing about garden egg sauce up and down. Tasted it once and I was not impressed
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by omololu2020(m): 8:39am On Dec 12, 2014
Krisddon:
Its very nice especially when eaten with pounded egg. smiley
pounded egg ke undecided
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 8:45am On Dec 12, 2014
omololu2020:
pounded plantain undecided
so you pound yam, you pound cassava butna plantain you stick your mouth
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by omololu2020(m): 8:49am On Dec 12, 2014
erty6334:
specially wen u take wt rice balls ( tuwo dey rice) I dey enjoy it for ghana here. o ya jobe epa or u take with kokote (AMAla) or wt banku
so ghanaians too dey chop amala
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by omololu2020(m): 8:52am On Dec 12, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:
so you pound yam, you pound cassava butna plantain you stick your mouth
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by AfricanApple(f): 8:53am On Dec 12, 2014
those days in boarding school, they use to prepare it for us but I hated it with passion, so I don't usually go for dinning when its g.nut soup. never tasted it since

my friend promised to prepare it for me one day anud that I would like it. even the name sef sounds eeewww to me

okirewaju, it doesn't really have a groundnut like taste, but u would be able to guess its groundnut they used, at least for the one I have tasted
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by Moheat(m): 9:21am On Dec 12, 2014
MumZ:
yes o, my hubby's best soup, just made it 2nite sef. its a very common soup where I hail 4rm, Edo north 2 b precise.

@Mumz! that is my favourite soup especially when serve with Pounded yam or Eba...The sweetest part is when it stays for days...lol
I am an Etsako Man Okpella to be precise.
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by Moheat(m): 9:29am On Dec 12, 2014
Ferdybaba:
Sweet soup!!! and it gets sweeter as the days go by cool

You can say that again! in fact na the one wey don spend days for pot I dey like. U be Etsako?
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by tana4gud(f): 9:31am On Dec 12, 2014
elampiro:
One of our soups in Etsakor, Edo North. Very delicious. Best with bush meat.
. My broda 4rm anoda Mother

1 Like

Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by okirewaju(f): 9:37am On Dec 12, 2014
AfricanApple:

okirewaju, it doesn't really have a groundnut like taste, but u would be able to guess its groundnut they used, at least for the one I have tasted
oh I see

Double ewwww then!!!
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by tana4gud(f): 9:41am On Dec 12, 2014
Moheat:

@Mumz! that is my favourite soup especially when serve with Pounded yam or Eba...The sweetest part is when it stays for days...lol
I am an Etsako Man Okpella to be precise.
*smiles* muawe sir!
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by AfricanApple(f): 9:47am On Dec 12, 2014
okirewaju:
oh I see

Double ewwww then!!!
lmao @double eeewwww

your future wife might know how to prepare it well in a way u would be licking your fingers at the first taste wink
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by buoye1(m): 9:58am On Dec 12, 2014
MayflowerB:

Dat wouldnt have happened if a little quantity of washed bitterleaf was added to it..
Groundnut soup tastes great and its one of my best.....prepare it with enough fish and download it with a plate of pounded yam.
U c I didn't know it was my bro dat prepared d soup,since then I stopped taking it but I ll try it someoda dy if I get some1 who ll do it nd assure me I won't purge
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by delishpot: 10:20am On Dec 12, 2014
Have. Loved it.
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by Moheat(m): 10:22am On Dec 12, 2014
tana4gud:
*smiles* muawe sir!

Oh my Gosh! You be Okpella? Onogbe?
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by hertz9te(m): 10:28am On Dec 12, 2014
Anyigor21:
I begin to wonder if anyone have ever tasted groundnut soup. Pls share ur experience.
my mum made it once,at first we were reluctant to eat it,but let me just say,the soup tasted better the next day,,way better,it'll make u dump egusi soup
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by whitemosquito(f): 12:41pm On Dec 12, 2014
1one:
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
Oga, have you tasted it before? Itll be ignorant/myopic to 'ewww' a food you haven't tasted. I find it a betrayal of our level of reasoning and exposure when we behave like this. Foreigners fall over themselves to sample our dishes, esp those that 'draw' and a thoroughly bred, full blooded Nigerian like you is ewwwing someone's indigenous dish. Silly.

1 Like

Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 12, 2014
chei!
so e still dey naija?
na when i reach GH i tay hear about am oo...

biko nu..if you are an ajeh dnt try it..
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by tana4gud(f): 1:09pm On Dec 12, 2014
Moheat:

Oh my Gosh! You be Okpella? Onogbe?
oti oo eyangwo
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by 1one: 2:48pm On Dec 12, 2014
whitemosquito:
Oga, have you tasted it before? Itll be ignorant/myopic to 'ewww' a food you haven't tasted. I find it a betrayal of our level of reasoning and exposure when we behave like this. Foreigners fall over themselves to sample our dishes, esp those that 'draw' and a thoroughly bred, full blooded Nigerian like you is ewwwing someone's indigenous dish. Silly.

Double post.
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by 1one: 2:48pm On Dec 12, 2014
whitemosquito:

Don't you think you are coming across a tad too antagonistic?... because quite frankly you don't know me, you don't know where I'm from neither do you have the faintest idea about the subject of my geographical ancestory , so how you came to the "absolute conclusion" that I'm a thorough bred, full blooded Nigerian is nothing short of pre-emptive ignorance and a very lavish display of it indeed.

In our modern lexicon, you'd agree with me that words and expressions have many more contextual connotations than what the original word was supposed to mean, hence I don't see how the use of "ewwwww" absolutely suggested that I was disapproving a dish that I had not tasted.... If I "ewww" at something, how do you know, how can you tell if I'm ewwwing from a negative experience or otherwise... So you see, Whitemosquito, you were just being ignorant...it would have been better fitting if you had first asked me, if I had tasted groundnut soup, the answer to which would have adequately informed the tone of your reply but even when you attempted to ask, you asked and answered yourself and you were very judgmental.

I have tasted groundnut soup before as a matter of truth .. and I didn't like the way it tasted, hence my "ewww" reply and I think it's rather silly of you calling me silly for something you didn't have the patience to confirm.

1 Like

Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by elampiro(m): 3:12pm On Dec 12, 2014
tana4gud:
. My broda 4rm anoda Mother

Lovely!
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by Nobody: 3:30pm On Dec 12, 2014
Igbos been eating rubbish since 19BC
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by Paschalp(m): 3:39pm On Dec 12, 2014
I can't tell u how it really looks like, because I tasted it while in boarding school..u know na... they don't cook it well because of the population.... and it was not delicious at all
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by doshpki(m): 3:49pm On Dec 12, 2014
Yes. very common among the etsako people in Edo north. with smoked tilapia fish and oziza seed
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by whitemosquito(f): 5:37pm On Dec 12, 2014
1one:

In our modern lexicon, you'd agree with me that words and expressions have many more contextual connotations than what the original word was supposed to mean, hence I don't see how the use of "ewwwww" absolutely suggested that I was disapproving a dish that I had not tasted.....
Young man, do not argue outside box. Eww means only one thing whether in modern or archaic lexicon.

You are a thorough bred Nigerian, whether you think I know you or not. Do you attempt to deny it?

I didnt call YOU silly. Read the post again.

I, however did call you ignorant/myopic, and I hasten to apologize....You nontheless, 'gocked' by singularly typing that "Ewww." Don't do it again. You may go, your sins are forgiven.
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by 1one: 5:39pm On Dec 12, 2014
whitemosquito:
Young man, do not argue outside box. Eww means only one thing whether in modern or archaic lexicon.

You are a thorough bred Nigerian, whether you think I know you or not. Do you attempt to deny it?

I didnt call YOU silly. Read the post again.

I, however did call you ignorant/myopic, and I hasten to apologize....You nontheless, 'gocked' by singularly typing that "Ewww." Don't do it again. You may go, your sins are forgiven.

The peace of the Lord be with you.
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by whitemosquito(f): 7:49pm On Dec 12, 2014
1one:

The peace of the Lord be with you.
angry Its already with me.
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by richieadeolu: 7:51pm On Dec 12, 2014
Groundnut Soup...... it reminds me of Accra Ghana. It so nice when you take it with pounded yam. tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gala / Where To Buy Choco Milo Cubes In The UK / Nutritional Value Of Pepper

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.