Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,654 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Buhari's Emotional Speech @APC National Convention - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Emotional Speech @APC National Convention (37451 Views)

Apc Presidential Candidate With Apc National Chairman Watching The Announcement / Oyegun, APC National Chairman Loses Ward To PDP In Edo - Punch / President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Emotional Speech @APC National Convention by Edusouls(m): 12:04pm On Dec 11, 2014
up buhari, we re tired of gej and his lukewarm leadership, nigerians re realy tired, if u re not i am..enough lives lost..

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Emotional Speech @APC National Convention by darkjorse: 12:07pm On Dec 11, 2014
Buhari is a very good actor but he can only deceive fools. Once a terrorist always a terrorist. At least if he wins he will tell his BOko haram to stop
Re: Buhari's Emotional Speech @APC National Convention by gbolsng(m): 12:10pm On Dec 11, 2014
Caseless:
-General Muhammadu Buhari (2014).
this is a gargantuan speech.

Hmmhmm, seems his senses are now coming back to him at 71 years old. Well too little too late

Re: Buhari's Emotional Speech @APC National Convention by darkjorse: 12:13pm On Dec 11, 2014
Edusouls:
up buhari, we re tired of gej and his lukewarm leadership, nigerians re realy tired, if u re not i am..enough lives lost..
the lives are lost because buhari is the one causing all this wahala,I am quite sure that if buhari wins boko haram will stop because he paid them. Just wait and see
Re: Buhari's Emotional Speech @APC National Convention by mathskill: 12:13pm On Dec 11, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Emotional Speech @APC National Convention by Orikinla(m): 12:14pm On Dec 11, 2014
Caseless:
With tears 'welling' up in my eyez after reading buhari's speech , i scream... sai Buhari!

[size=28pt]Sai Buhari![/size]

Buhari sef get red lips. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Emotional Speech @APC National Convention by sukkot: 12:14pm On Dec 11, 2014
edit
Re: Buhari's Emotional Speech @APC National Convention by ayodot(m): 12:16pm On Dec 11, 2014
Omo see falling of hands

gbolsng:

Hmmhmm, seems his senses are now coming back to him at 71 years old. Well too little too late

Enrich Ur MIND

Re: Buhari's Emotional Speech @APC National Convention by darkjorse: 12:22pm On Dec 11, 2014
When he was the PTF boss he only repaired roads in Muslims communities. Christian local government in taraba, Adamawa, plateau, gombe etc were left like that. the entire staff of PTF in Adamawa were all Hausa/Fulani Muslims. this man is anti christian, a violent jihadist
Re: Buhari's Emotional Speech @APC National Convention by hazyfm: 12:23pm On Dec 11, 2014
cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Buhari's Emotional Speech @APC National Convention by barrysome001: 12:26pm On Dec 11, 2014
Nctrice:
politicians and poets are the greatest liars of out time.... great speech but but the disappointment is the fact that "it's just a political speech" which hlds no water!
say whatever you like about politicians but please call not a poet a liar sir.
Re: Buhari's Emotional Speech @APC National Convention by Adamo84(m): 12:27pm On Dec 11, 2014
darkjorse:
When he was the PTF boss he only repaired roads in Muslims communities. Christian local government in taraba, Adamawa, plateau, gombe etc were left like that. the entire staff of PTF in Adamawa were all Hausa/Fulani Muslims. this man is anti christian, a violent jihadist
Stop talking rubbish. Bring evidence against Him and stop peddling false information on Religious and Ethnic grounds. Get a life

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Emotional Speech @APC National Convention by sorom4: 12:34pm On Dec 11, 2014
holatin:
dats my President taking, he isn't try to woo us with I Ve no shoes or cloth.
Its Good to be Original.
Buhari for president !
but he is wooing us with "i'm rich". that's d worst side attraction
Re: Buhari's Emotional Speech @APC National Convention by ailehwise(m): 12:37pm On Dec 11, 2014
balaclava:
Not like I'll vote 4 GEJ bt Buhari cannot win sha... #Confirm #Sincerely #Fact

He's nt Abraham Lincoln n he won't win even if tries 50 times.B Prepare 4 another round of Tears. #Confirm #Future #Happen
The man dat could turn things around in favour of GEJ is now against him. You knw wat am saying. That powerful man.
Re: Buhari's Emotional Speech @APC National Convention by Edusouls(m): 12:37pm On Dec 11, 2014
darkjorse:

the lives are lost because buhari is the one causing all this wahala,I am quite sure that if buhari wins boko haram will stop because he paid them. Just wait and see
good neither way, if it stops, let it stop anyway it happens, is for the good of me and you..
Re: Buhari's Emotional Speech @APC National Convention by hazyfm: 12:37pm On Dec 11, 2014
sauceny:
I guess he cried as usual,wanting Nigerians to feel his sorrow,like he cares and have the country at heart.

Can someone tell him that there is no AWARD for that¿

[size=38pt]
BUY A LIFE
STEAL A LIFE
GET A LIFE[/size]

Which ever one pleases u
Just make sure u have a life

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Emotional Speech @APC National Convention by Ekowise(m): 12:39pm On Dec 11, 2014
No doubt, Buhari is the change Nigeria need at this very moment. My fear is his religious wahala.
I love Jonathan but the failed by surrounding himself with the wrong people. So I'd rather try a risky change in the person of Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Emotional Speech @APC National Convention by datribune: 12:40pm On Dec 11, 2014
Buhari is a very credible candidate wit an impeccable record of service to d nation. That's why so many years after & inspite of very vicious media attacks on his person, knowledgeable people know d worth & quality of d man & passionately yearn 4 his return?. SAI BUHARI

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Emotional Speech @APC National Convention by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 11, 2014
hazyfm:

[size=38pt]
BUY A LIFE
STEAL A LIFE
GET A LIFE[/size]

Which ever one pleases u
Just make sure u have a life

I won't buy a life,neither will i steal a life,nor get a life...I would rather take my life if buhari wins,come 2015.

Come on
For good 36yrs we achieved nothing close to zero,hell no;it wouldn't be as usual, were some illiterate would wanna rule the educated ones.
Re: Buhari's Emotional Speech @APC National Convention by gentlezypher: 12:46pm On Dec 11, 2014
what does sai mean?
Re: Buhari's Emotional Speech @APC National Convention by Chigold101(m): 12:47pm On Dec 11, 2014
Caseless:
With tears 'welling' up in my eyez after reading buhari's speech , i scream... sai Buhari!
make i help u bring bucket...
Re: Buhari's Emotional Speech @APC National Convention by Nairavirus(m): 12:48pm On Dec 11, 2014
The short speech is emotional in a way. But i noticed one thing which i think should be looked into instead of going emotional and sympatising with the ex.man. The speech is filled with conditional cloaus. (May, should, could) there is no ascertion there is no prescision. He the ex. Man, even went conditional with the issues of religion and security. Let him not deseive any body.

veote author=olatunji21 post=28776270]The third national convention and
presidential primary of the All
Progressives Congress went under way in
the early hours of Thursday at the Teslim
Balogun Stadium, Surulere, Lagos.
Five aspirants of the party, who include a
former Head of State, Maj. Gen.
Muhammadu Buhari; a former Vice-
President, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar;
Governor of Kano State, Alhaji Rabiu
Kwankwaso, publisher of Leadership
newspapers, Mr. Sam Nda-Isaiah, and
Imo State Governor, Owelle Rochas
Okorocha.
Although known to be taciturn, Buhari sent
the crowd of delegates and party members
agog with his speech delivered in less than
10 minutes.
He said, “I have always served Nigeria to
the best of my ability. I have always tried
to give more to the nation than it has given
me. This is the principle of service that has
guided my public life. Thus, I am not a
rich person. I can’t give you a pocketful of
dollars or naira to purchase your support.
Even if I could, I would not do so. The
fate of this nation is not up for sale.
“What I will give you, and this nation is
all of my strength, commitment, sweat and
toil in the service of the people. What I
can give you is my all.
“I do not intend to rule Nigeria. I want
to democratically govern it with your help.
I seek a Nigeria where Christians and
Muslims may practise their faiths in peace
and security; a Nigeria that is just and
where corruption no longer trespasses into
our institutions and national behavior and a
Nigeria where our diversity could be used
for our national prosperity.
“Nigeria is our home. Let us now turn it
into the great nation we know it can and
should be.”
Buhari’s speech drew a loud ovation from
the crowd, some of who gave him a
standing ovation.
In what could pass for where the sympathy
of the governors and the APC national
leadership lies, the VIP section, where the
party’s past and current national chairmen,
Chief Bisi Akande and Chief John
Odigie-Oyegun, respectively sat went
agog after Buhari made his famous speech.
When called to make his speech, Okorocha,
who said he has the capability to lead the
country, added that he remained the
youngest of the contestants and thus should
be giving the votes to lead the party in next
year’s general election.
But the crowd beside the VIP section
busted into chants in Yoruba, saying
“Arugbo la fe, arugbo la fe,” meaning “we
want an old man.”
Specifically, Okorocha had told the crowd
that Buhari is above 70 years old, even as
he said Atiku is 63 while he gave the age
of Nda-Isaiah as 58 and that of
Kwnkwaso as 58, saying that he is only 52.
Okorocha said, “Buhari is 73, Atiku is 68,
Nda-Isiaih is 58, Kwankwaso is 58,
Obama is 53, Rochas is only 52 years old.
Nigeria of today is different of Nigeria of
the 60s, I offer myself to run for the
exalted office of the president in order to
save the suffering masses.”
Atiku said he had been in the vanguard
against bad governance and military
dictatorship, recalling how state agents
stormed his house and tied up his son and
killed six policemen during an attack on his
home in Adamawa during the military era.
He said, “Nigerians are tired to see
Nigerians slaughtered everyday and the
government is unable to do anything about
it. Nigerians want change because they pay
for electricity and get darkness. Nigerians
are tired of the dangerous PDP
mathematics, where seven is greater than
20 and six is greater than 19, where judges
are beating up thugs, where the Speaker
and parliament members are tear gassed.
“They are tired of where our police force
and army now butt of jokes in beer
parlours and are being compared to
hunters; where our roads are death traps.
This is the reason why Nigerians want
change, we can give Nigerians the change it
deserves. You people came out because you
believe in change, you believe in a nation
bound in freedom, peace and unity, you
believe that our nation can serve as a
leader in Africa.”
http://www.punchng.com/news/speeches-govs-others-root-for-buhari/
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Emotional Speech @APC National Convention by holatin(m): 12:49pm On Dec 11, 2014
sorom4:
but he is wooing us with "i'm rich". that's d worst side attraction
dat attract only fool that doesn't think about tomorrow not Friday but future.
Re: Buhari's Emotional Speech @APC National Convention by datribune: 12:50pm On Dec 11, 2014
To d informed, d decision is easy & pretty much settled -
a) GMB - tried, tested & proven to be one of d greatest nigerian leaders of all time.
b) GEJ - tried, tested & proven to be d weakest, most clueless & corrupt leader in nigerian history.
GMB shall be d APC flag bearer & come 2015, Nigerians shall giv d General a historic mandate to once again save Nigeria frm another weak & corrupt leader. He has done it before & he shall do it again. SAI BUHARI

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Emotional Speech @APC National Convention by Srallens(m): 12:51pm On Dec 11, 2014
olatunji21:
You can't trust the Corrupt to end Corruption-GMB
. What a quote!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Emotional Speech @APC National Convention by Chigold101(m): 12:51pm On Dec 11, 2014
holatin:
dats my President talking
it is okay... I like what u said... Ur president talking... Not Nigeria‘s president...
Re: Buhari's Emotional Speech @APC National Convention by SarkinGoma33(m): 12:53pm On Dec 11, 2014
GMB is de only man I can giv mi vote for. go ahead de creator is wit uuuuuu

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Emotional Speech @APC National Convention by Sike(m): 12:54pm On Dec 11, 2014
Go Buari!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Emotional Speech @APC National Convention by holatin(m): 12:59pm On Dec 11, 2014
Chigold101:
it is okay... I like what u said... Ur president talking... Not Nigeria‘s president...
Am I no longer a Nigeria ? debelum critothoto
Re: Buhari's Emotional Speech @APC National Convention by munex007(m): 1:04pm On Dec 11, 2014
Never in the recent history of Nigeria, has a former Head of State, as noiseless, humble and as ready to serve as he has been endeared himself so much to the hearts of the masses. He is neither a defeatist nor a pessimist. He knows himself, he knows Nigerians and he knows how to overcome difficulties and make Nigeria a better place for all.
He is ready to take off his shoes even as a soldier, obey the call of a commoner and serve the poor. Nigerians’ most especially the masses are touched by the humility of this General who understands that the first and most important thing about leadership is to be sure that it is exercised in the right direction, according to the interest of the people.
This is indeed General Muhammadu Buhari, a man of intimidating personality and credentials, Head of State of the Federal Republic of Nigeria; Minister of Petroleum; Military Governor of the them North Eastern State; an affable man of courage; an incorruptible Nigerian dedicated to sanitising the social and economic life of Nigeria; a soldier known for his gallantry and chivalry; an accomplished administrator,Nemesis of corruption,an eptiome of humility and intergrity, statesman, politician and above all a Good Man...

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

El-Rufai Demolishes Mosque On Waff Road In Kaduna / Surrendered Repentant Boko Haram Terrorists Go On Violent Riot Over Cow Meat / Moment Thug Snatched Ballot Papers From Presiding Officer In Edo (Video/Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.