Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

A Passage Taken From Obasanjo's Latest Book - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Passage Taken From Obasanjo's Latest Book (1099 Views)

Obasanjo's Latest; Niger-delta Amnesty Influenced Boko Haram / Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book / "Secret Letter" From Obasanjo To Jonathan Stirs Anger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Passage Taken From Obasanjo's Latest Book by Huffington: 8:03am On Dec 11, 2014
A PASSAGE TAKEN FROM OBASANJO'S LATEST BOOK

While you wait to buy General Olusegun Obasanjo (rtd)'s latest book, an autobiography titled "my watch", it may interest you to go through an excerpt taken from the controversial book. Enjoy your reading.

"By the Constitution, I had to inaugurate the National Assembly on June 4, 1999. The most important officer in the National Assembly is the senate president and that office had been zoned to the South-east. And here was where Atiku Abubakar, my vice-president,first showed his hand and his character.
“Without seeking my view or approval, he started planning the installation of Chuba Okadigbo as the senate president. I did a background check on Chuba including his past as a student and made enquiries about him in the National Party of Nigeria (NPN) under (President Shehu) Shagari and no one would recommend him for the post of senate president.

“I left Atiku to go on his chase while I carried out a meticulous and detailed investigation and background check on each senator from the South-east. The one that appeared most appointable was Evan Enwerem. I canvassed the senate across the board for his election and he was elected. Atiku did not expect it and he felt sore.

“He began to strategise for Enwerem to be removed and Chuba Okadigbo to be installed. His strategy worked because I was at Abuja airport to receive a visiting head of state when the news reached me that the Senate had impeached Enwerem and elected Okadigbo. I was not perturbed. I came to understand from some senators including Florence Ita-Giwa, who later became my Special Adviser/ Liaison Officer to the National Assembly, that Atiku distributed US$5,000 each to some senators to carry out the ‘coup’.
“That was the beginning of bribing the legislature to carry out a particular line of action to suit or satisfy the purpose or desire of an individual or a group. The National Assembly had tasted blood and they would continue to want more. From the day I nominated Atiku to be my vice, he set his mind not for any good, benefit or service of the country, but on furiously planning to upstage, supplant or remove me at all cost and to take my place.

“That was what I brought him for, but he was impatient and over-ambitious.He was not ready to learn and to wait. His marabout, who predicted that despite being elected as governor, he would not be sworn in as a governor, which happened, also assured him that he would take over from me in a matter of months rather than years.

“All his plans, appointments of people and his actions were towards the actualisation of his marabout’s prediction. Once I realised his intention and programme, I watched him like a hawk without giving any indication of what I knew and letting down my guard. I could not succumb to the distraction, diversion and malevolence of an ambitious but unwise deputy...

(Click the link for the rest)

http://ndibenonso..com/2014/12/a-passage-taken-from-obasanjos-latest.html

Re: A Passage Taken From Obasanjo's Latest Book by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 11, 2014
Evans Enwerem that you were backing turned out to be a convicted felon and two face liar.
Re: A Passage Taken From Obasanjo's Latest Book by Randerl: 8:14am On Dec 11, 2014
Atiku still repeated same feat yesterday at the APC primaries He is not fit to govern a Local Government
Re: A Passage Taken From Obasanjo's Latest Book by holatin(m): 8:26am On Dec 11, 2014
Atiku is power drunk like Jonathan
Wount stop at nothing to rule Nigeria.
Re: A Passage Taken From Obasanjo's Latest Book by omololu2020(m): 8:30am On Dec 11, 2014
Men I hav to get dis book
Re: A Passage Taken From Obasanjo's Latest Book by radiant3(f): 8:43am On Dec 11, 2014
Indeed,Nigeria politics is a do or die affair!

Oh Lord,let ur kingdom come...

1 Like

Re: A Passage Taken From Obasanjo's Latest Book by Orunto: 11:57am On Dec 11, 2014
The Holy Book says, God allows everyone to work till 70. By a special Grace of God, some of us may work to 80................................... So when 70 plus speaks, his words are warnings, instructional, directional and discerning............... Let it be noted, here and now, that OBJ has done his best to unite Nigeria and henceforth, he is only answerable to his Creator................. There is nothing in this book to intimidate GEJ. If I were GEJ, I would authorise the publication and purchase of the book for all colleges of Political science in all our Universities. There is nothing uniquely different in us from other nations, but this book authoritatively provides some uniquely special Traits in Nigerians that will make a subject for RESEARCH into curbing corruption, greed, indiscipline, insurbodination, darkness, badness and death of life in our youths. It smarks of support for corruption to stop the publication of this book. And it seems a violation of Nigerians' rights to communicate to as many a people as we can to make a venture and not be insane...................................... Let those who have ears listen to the voice of reason............................ Mr. President should step in please, authorise the Publication and Purchase of the Book for distribution to our university liabraries nationwild. ...................... As I said before, OBJ's books generally, and this one in particular, are INSTRUCTIONS AND DISCERNMENT GUIDES FOR GEJ AND OUR POLITICIANS. AS FORMER HEAD OF STATE, PRESIDENT AND NUMBER ONE MAN OF THE NATION,HE HAS THE POWER, MIGHT, RIGHTS AND AUTHORITY TO LEAVE THIS INESTIMABLE JEWEL OF INVALUABLE LEGACY TO US!!!!!........ GOD BLESS WASOBIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: A Passage Taken From Obasanjo's Latest Book by enoqueen: 1:37pm On Dec 11, 2014
I beg make this book come out fast. he go sweet die.
Re: A Passage Taken From Obasanjo's Latest Book by laimo(m): 3:01pm On Dec 11, 2014
I want Baba's book.
Re: A Passage Taken From Obasanjo's Latest Book by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 11, 2014
Orunto:
The Holy Book says, God allows everyone to work till 70. By a special Grace of God, some of us may work to 80................................... So when 70 plus speaks, his words are warnings, instructional, directional and discerning............... Let it be noted, here and now, that OBJ has done his best to unite Nigeria and henceforth, he is only answerable to his Creator................. There is nothing in this book to intimidate GEJ. If I were GEJ, I would authorise the publication and purchase of the book for all colleges of Political science in all our Universities. There is nothing uniquely different in us from other nations, but this book authoritatively provides some uniquely special Traits in Nigerians that will make a subject for RESEARCH into curbing corruption, greed, indiscipline, insurbodination, darkness, badness and death of life in our youths. It smarks of support for corruption to stop the publication of this book. And it seems a violation of Nigerians' rights to communicate to as many a people as we can to make a venture and not be insane...................................... Let those who have ears listen to the voice of reason............................ Mr. President should step in please, authorise the Publication and Purchase of the Book for distribution to our university liabraries nationwild. ...................... As I said before, OBJ's books generally, and this one in particular, are INSTRUCTIONS AND DISCERNMENT GUIDES FOR GEJ AND OUR POLITICIANS. AS FORMER HEAD OF STATE, PRESIDENT AND NUMBER ONE MAN OF THE NATION,HE HAS THE POWER, MIGHT, RIGHTS AND AUTHORITY TO LEAVE THIS INESTIMABLE JEWEL OF INVALUABLE LEGACY TO US!!!!!........ GOD BLESS WASOBIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May those who are above you treat you the way OBJ ruled Nigeria.

Say amen if you believe in what you posted.
Re: A Passage Taken From Obasanjo's Latest Book by Orunto: 5:03pm On Dec 11, 2014
WhiteTechnology. By the way you express your thoughts, and the fact that I am a "Born Again" Christian, I pray that God shall perish the evil in you and I and in OBJ and GEJ in the Mighty Name of Jesus Christ: Amen!!!

(1) (Reply)

A Sweet Truth About Buhari / December 24, 2015 And December 25, 2015 Id El Maulud And Christmas Day / PDP Campaigns For Buhari In Niger State (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.