Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,348 members, 7,860,902 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:26 PM

TIME Magazine Names 'Ebola Fighters' As Person Of The Year. [pix] - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TIME Magazine Names 'Ebola Fighters' As Person Of The Year. [pix] (9922 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Wins Another Award, Emerges As Person Of The Year / The Trent Names Goodluck Jonathan As Person Of The Year 2015 / Boko Haram Loses Fighters As Air Force, Army Repel Attack On Bita Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TIME Magazine Names 'Ebola Fighters' As Person Of The Year. [pix] by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 11, 2014
Yes,especially dr Adadevoh.
We shall always celebrate them all.
Re: TIME Magazine Names 'Ebola Fighters' As Person Of The Year. [pix] by hazyfm: 1:06pm On Dec 11, 2014
GOOD THINKING
Re: TIME Magazine Names 'Ebola Fighters' As Person Of The Year. [pix] by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 1:08pm On Dec 11, 2014
ok
Re: TIME Magazine Names 'Ebola Fighters' As Person Of The Year. [pix] by dre11(m): 1:08pm On Dec 11, 2014
Shakurpaul2:

These are the true people that deserves the award.

Yes,

The much deserved it
When the Nigerian doctor was honored by the SEC some people says why his he honored
I hope those people can tell the time magazine while it did honour this great individuals
Re: TIME Magazine Names 'Ebola Fighters' As Person Of The Year. [pix] by yorke1: 1:08pm On Dec 11, 2014
mondob2k:

I think she is the one in the mask....

Lol. You are not serious.

1 Like

Re: TIME Magazine Names 'Ebola Fighters' As Person Of The Year. [pix] by Caracta(f): 1:08pm On Dec 11, 2014
Scrypt:

OgheneCara, did you work with the ebola team? undecided

Not directly...but I was preaching the message. I've not stopped washing hands or using sanitizer. cheesy
Re: TIME Magazine Names 'Ebola Fighters' As Person Of The Year. [pix] by Nobody: 1:09pm On Dec 11, 2014
Truely..its deserved..
People who touch death daily..they even deserve more..
Re: TIME Magazine Names 'Ebola Fighters' As Person Of The Year. [pix] by joeace2020(m): 1:09pm On Dec 11, 2014
why are we so obsessed with ourselves.. they honor people.. them nor include us

1 Like

Re: TIME Magazine Names 'Ebola Fighters' As Person Of The Year. [pix] by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 11, 2014
TheRealMrStan:

I was looking out for Dr Adadevoh's picture. undecided
Thisday newspapers and Channels TV are not american enterprises
Re: TIME Magazine Names 'Ebola Fighters' As Person Of The Year. [pix] by maylisa(f): 1:12pm On Dec 11, 2014
Not even a single Nigerian? undecided
Re: TIME Magazine Names 'Ebola Fighters' As Person Of The Year. [pix] by Nobody: 1:13pm On Dec 11, 2014
Caracta:

Not directly...but I was preaching the message. I've not stopped washing hands or using sanitizer. cheesy

Lol. Yea, right. cheesy
Re: TIME Magazine Names 'Ebola Fighters' As Person Of The Year. [pix] by seangy4konji: 1:17pm On Dec 11, 2014
And I personally name hoodlum Jonathan the clueless president of the year.

1 Like

Re: TIME Magazine Names 'Ebola Fighters' As Person Of The Year. [pix] by Edusouls(m): 1:17pm On Dec 11, 2014
God bless them, this life and next, the blessing has already begun on earth,but wont be compared to the reward that awaits them in the next..and so much thanks to the fair judgement of the award givers, God loves good and will always reward Godness, because origin of Good is God..
Re: TIME Magazine Names 'Ebola Fighters' As Person Of The Year. [pix] by arsetalks(m): 1:22pm On Dec 11, 2014
So no Dr Adadevoh? Thats is unfair. Imagine if she had not insisted that Sawyer be retained in an hospital. Imagine for once if she had allowed him to go to another hospital. Imagine the impact on the world especially with Nigeria's population.

To me this one is not just a doctor but a big hero. I can't in particular forget how encouraging she was to both myself and my late fiancee when she was disagnosed with a brain tumor. She is my person of the millennium.
Re: TIME Magazine Names 'Ebola Fighters' As Person Of The Year. [pix] by texazzpete(m): 1:38pm On Dec 11, 2014
arsetalks:
So no Dr Adadevoh? Thats is unfair. Imagine if she had not insisted that Sawyer be retained in an hospital. Imagine for once if she had allowed him to go to another hospital. Imagine the impact on the world especially with Nigeria's population.

To me this one is not just a doctor but a big hero. I can't in particular forget how encouraging she was to both myself and my late fiancee when she was disagnosed with a brain tumor. She is my person of the millennium.

The world is much bigger than Nigeria. And there are doctors in Liberia and Sierra Leone that are deliberately putting their lives on the line much more frequently than Dr Adadevoh did.

Many doctors lost their lives fighting Ebola. TIME isn't going to put every single one on the cover. This cover and award gives a blanket award on all of them, including Dr Adadevoh

1 Like

Re: TIME Magazine Names 'Ebola Fighters' As Person Of The Year. [pix] by GlorifiedTunde(m): 1:56pm On Dec 11, 2014
vivaciousvivi:

Voted! You son is leading. Goodluck

@Topic: I do wish a pic of Doc Adedevoh could have been added. Anyway, its a ceremonious award and they all win it.
Putin came in 3rd? Good grief! I don't understand global voting standards!!!

Thanks so much, you're highly appreciated kiss
Re: TIME Magazine Names 'Ebola Fighters' As Person Of The Year. [pix] by klashe(m): 1:59pm On Dec 11, 2014
Learn how to track your lost android phone here ;- kelvinenter..nl/2014/12/how-can-i-trackfind-my-lost-android.html?m=1
Re: TIME Magazine Names 'Ebola Fighters' As Person Of The Year. [pix] by klashe(m): 2:01pm On Dec 11, 2014
Re: TIME Magazine Names 'Ebola Fighters' As Person Of The Year. [pix] by Nobody: 2:13pm On Dec 11, 2014
I read on tweeter, a few moments ago

a youth posting...

"Hope is a powerful emotion,
all of a sudden while witnessing On-going the APC convention,
he feels a new powerful glimpse of hope for Nigeria,
hope that will bring back the lost destinies destroyed by PDP
this hope is the Change we are looking for...

In the voice of Obama: "A change we will, A change we want"

B-bring
U-us
H-hope
A-and
R-restore
I-integrity

BUHARI ALL THE WAY

(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

Re: TIME Magazine Names 'Ebola Fighters' As Person Of The Year. [pix] by pitoski(m): 2:14pm On Dec 11, 2014
they more than deserve it. God bless all of them. we are eternally grateful to all of them especially those who died for the course.
Re: TIME Magazine Names 'Ebola Fighters' As Person Of The Year. [pix] by titilayur(f): 2:37pm On Dec 11, 2014
dats great
Re: TIME Magazine Names 'Ebola Fighters' As Person Of The Year. [pix] by daey118(m): 2:42pm On Dec 11, 2014
Iffffffy:
Good, but there is no Nigerian there now. I was one of them also. How come?
Iam nt a fan of judging people .but technically speaking "I don't think you'll ever dream of shipping out to an Ebola Zone...not even to save yur life...just look at your signature :-/
Re: TIME Magazine Names 'Ebola Fighters' As Person Of The Year. [pix] by daey118(m): 2:54pm On Dec 11, 2014
hazyfm:
GOOD THINKING
I guess that's what you get when its not a nigerian thing...cos am pretty sure if time magazine was a naija mag it'll be some random maggot infested minded politician that'll be chosen....just saying.
Re: TIME Magazine Names 'Ebola Fighters' As Person Of The Year. [pix] by hazyfm: 3:16pm On Dec 11, 2014
daey118:

I guess that's what you get when its not a nigerian thing...cos am pretty sure if time magazine was a naija mag it'll be some random maggot infested minded politician that'll be chosen....just saying.

VERY CORRECT
I JUST WISH WE COULD START THINKING DIFFERENTLY IN NIGERIA
Re: TIME Magazine Names 'Ebola Fighters' As Person Of The Year. [pix] by 9jamentors: 3:38pm On Dec 11, 2014
they didnt appreciate our own doctor for lying her life for Ebola
Re: TIME Magazine Names 'Ebola Fighters' As Person Of The Year. [pix] by chizzypie: 3:53pm On Dec 11, 2014
So this wa posted here first https://www.nairaland.com/2038949/time-magazine-names-ebola-fighters

when did nairaland start being biased? I thought it was all about the ethics and the first published post? Shame on nairaland and all the OPs. This forum is fast becoming whack. The rule is search if the post had been published before publishing yours. I did this and now my post was neglected because of a lindaikeji. To hell with all y'all including Seun Osewa
Re: TIME Magazine Names 'Ebola Fighters' As Person Of The Year. [pix] by Iffffffy(f): 4:18pm On Dec 11, 2014
daey118:

Iam nt a fan of judging people .but technically speaking "I don't think you'll ever dream of shipping out to an Ebola Zone...not even to save yur life...just look at your signature :-/
lol
Re: TIME Magazine Names 'Ebola Fighters' As Person Of The Year. [pix] by MrCork: 4:39pm On Dec 11, 2014
......but why don't nigeria win great award like this?...... Serrrrriously....what. Kinda rubbbbish country is that place?

....even to find light skin women there....it's wahala! ( noo offense)
angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: TIME Magazine Names 'Ebola Fighters' As Person Of The Year. [pix] by MrCork: 4:40pm On Dec 11, 2014
....this is exactly why we Londoners don't wana relocate to that place! angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TIME Magazine Names 'Ebola Fighters' As Person Of The Year. [pix] by EvilBrain1(m): 4:46pm On Dec 11, 2014
I'm a doctor who volunteered to work in the treatment centre when it spread to Lagos. I'm now in Sierra Leone working in one of the hotspots.
The world needs to be grateful to all the health workers who have died fighting this disease. And we need to do sonething for the brave local health workers who are earning peanuts working with no insurance and no safety net.

Also Nigeria hasnt lived up its reputation as the giant if Africa. We should have sent people here since the beginning to help the situation. Liberia, Guinea and Sierra Leone are very poor countries. Sierra Leone had maybe 300 doctors total including those that have died so there was no way they could cope. Manwhile Jonathan sacked 16,000 at once in the middle of our own outbreak. Nigeria needs to learn that our neighbours problem is our problem. Maybe if we had sent help earlier thre might have been no Patrick Sawyer

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Did Buhari Do For The South East As Head Of State And PTF Chairman? / Buhari Mourns Christopher Abebe, Ex-MD Of UAC / Yobe Cancels Democracy Day Celebration For Reception Of Lawan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.