Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

Buhari's Performance At APC Primaries Shows His Weakness - Former CNN Reporter - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Performance At APC Primaries Shows His Weakness - Former CNN Reporter (62244 Views)

President Jonathan Shows His Wife Patience Love (photo) / Folorunsho Alakija's Source Of Wealth Busted By CNN Reporter, Christian Purefoy / Fake CNN Reporter Arrested In Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Performance At APC Primaries Shows His Weakness - Former CNN Reporter by osimataylor(m): 4:27pm On Dec 11, 2014
If Atiiku gives dollars to his supporters,didnt state governors give nairas to delegates from their state to support Buhari?
Re: Buhari's Performance At APC Primaries Shows His Weakness - Former CNN Reporter by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:27pm On Dec 11, 2014
barcanista:
Is the admin promotin an agenda? Why did they move it to fp?
With less than 15 comments it was move to the front page. They will be disappointed Buhari reads his victory speech soon and goes around for today's carnival.
Re: Buhari's Performance At APC Primaries Shows His Weakness - Former CNN Reporter by VellyG(m): 4:28pm On Dec 11, 2014
Seriously I watched Buhari's interview on channel and I was so so disappointed .. If this the man some of u are fighting for to become our next president then know we have a long way to go.. Buhari is as clueless as Jonathan. Recycling of leaders how stupid can that be.. Imagine with our population and the number of technocrats we have in this country we still prefer an old retired General to rule us. May be after Buhari other past generals like Babangida will take their turn.Nigerians use ur brains for once .

5 Likes

Re: Buhari's Performance At APC Primaries Shows His Weakness - Former CNN Reporter by 3kay945(m): 4:29pm On Dec 11, 2014
chymystique:
you couldn't ve said it any better MR. Buhari will be a bad investment for APC if he eventually becomes the flag bearer cause he will surely lose.. I won't even be suprised if some APC members ends up pitching their tent with GEJ cause they know that deep down their hearts Buhari has nothing to offer Nigerians.

Speak for yourself girl.
Re: Buhari's Performance At APC Primaries Shows His Weakness - Former CNN Reporter by studded(m): 4:29pm On Dec 11, 2014
GentleMimi:
Ouch! That hurts. grin
I am sure the irony if the matter escapes the reasoning capability of his ardent die-hard followers. Coming from a foreigner......
And let us keep sentiments aside, this is in fact the truth. Watching his interview on Channels, I just had to "SMH".
And it amazes me that a foreigner understands Nigerian politics more that some youths on this forum. It irks. APC is TINUBU and TINUBU is APC. Buhari is just the side attraction.

Yes, lest I forget, I expect some town criers to accuse the reporter of being sponsored by GEJ. Lol.

I gbadun u die my bro. Only if people can put sentiments aside... grin

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Performance At APC Primaries Shows His Weakness - Former CNN Reporter by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:29pm On Dec 11, 2014
What's this. CNN man saying?
Last Bullet
Will Tinubu receive bribe from GEJ like he did in 2011?

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Performance At APC Primaries Shows His Weakness - Former CNN Reporter by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 11, 2014
GentleMimi:
Ouch! That hurts. grin
I am sure the irony if the matter escapes the reasoning capability of his ardent die-hard followers. Coming from a foreigner......
And let us keep sentiments aside, this is in fact the truth. Watching his interview on Channels, I just had to "SMH".
And it amazes me that a foreigner understands Nigerian politics more that some youths on this forum. It irks. APC is TINUBU and TINUBU is APC. Buhari is just the side attraction.

Yes, lest I forget, I expect some town criers to accuse the reporter of being sponsored by GEJ. Lol.
I guess you and your foriegner friend will also argue that the 12M votes CPC scored in 2011 presidential election was influenced by Tinubu.
Re: Buhari's Performance At APC Primaries Shows His Weakness - Former CNN Reporter by ayomidegambari(m): 4:29pm On Dec 11, 2014
Who sabi dz 1 for my hood!!! Abeg make una dey try check dey una dey put 4 front page oo, if I know say na rubbish tok, I go con view am? Mtcheew
Re: Buhari's Performance At APC Primaries Shows His Weakness - Former CNN Reporter by mathskill: 4:30pm On Dec 11, 2014

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Performance At APC Primaries Shows His Weakness - Former CNN Reporter by Curlieweed: 4:30pm On Dec 11, 2014
BetaThings:

Joinathan that could not even stand competition from his own party
He had to cut deals with everybody to become the consensus candidate
Only in places like Syria, Iraq, North Korea do you see sole candidates and 99% winning votes and that is what Jonathan wants
And he calls himself a democrat

I don't know why you guys keep repeating fallacious ignorance everywhere.

Which primary election did Obama win to get his second term ticket from the Democrats? Which primaries did George W Bush to get his second term ticket from the Republicans?

Traditionally, the party with the incumbent president avoids primaries (except in cases of extremely poor performance) in order to avoid dividing the base and take full advantage of the powers of incumbency.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Performance At APC Primaries Shows His Weakness - Former CNN Reporter by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 11, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

With less than 15 comments it was move to the front page. They will be disappointed Buhari reads his victory speech soon and goes around for today's carnival.
The celebration no be today o. Street go tire this night. A glorious december
Re: Buhari's Performance At APC Primaries Shows His Weakness - Former CNN Reporter by BetaThings: 4:31pm On Dec 11, 2014
barcanista:
Is the admin promotin an agenda? Why did they move it to fp?
Hahaha
The fear of DSS is the beginning of wisdom
Nairaland is owned lock stock and barrel now by Jonathan
A man so insecure that he cannot submit himself to his party's primary - what do you think?
He asked DSS to invade opposition's data centre
he asked soldiers to stop newspapers he perceived not to be loyal to him from circulating!

and this is what Purefoy also said
TAN did not quote it

christian purefoy @purefoyAMEBO
Incumbent. Controls Govt. Gonna spend a lot of money in 2015.
@uncleprince I will actually wish to hear what you think about GEJ

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Performance At APC Primaries Shows His Weakness - Former CNN Reporter by MORNDEW(m): 4:31pm On Dec 11, 2014
chymystique:
you couldn't ve said it any better MR. Buhari will be a bad investment for APC if he eventually becomes the flag bearer cause he will surely lose.. I won't even be suprised if some APC members ends up pitching their tent with GEJ cause they know that deep down their hearts Buhari has nothing to offer Nigerians.
you have always not liked Buhari. Som1 asked u why den ur hypocritic signature. Since that day i lost respect for that ur signature.
As for the man, i have nothing much than to say that was he expecting landslide why did pdp not conduct primaries lets see if he would get even 60% vote. Did u even expect atiku to lose that way? Or you think some other aspirants never lobbied or induced? That he is a CNN reporter doesnt make him all right afterall donald trump never liked Obama.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Performance At APC Primaries Shows His Weakness - Former CNN Reporter by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 11, 2014
AreaFada2:
But the guy is just saying what we already know. It never was about Buhari.

That Oando oil deal clinched by BAT in a meeting with Diezani Allison-Madueke (buying US oil a firm's operations in 9ja) as revealed by Tom Ikimi must have come with some political agreement.

It won't surprise me if Tinubu stands covertly for PDP again in 2015.

He already did so before by using paper-weight Ribadu in last presidential election.

Corrupt Atiku thinks he can buy delegates so he keeps trying.

Talk about stunts 101..
Re: Buhari's Performance At APC Primaries Shows His Weakness - Former CNN Reporter by Olufemiolaolu(m): 4:31pm On Dec 11, 2014
ICHINONYE:
4me Buhari is not a Sale-able candidate,even if he wins I can bet dat he won't get up to 30% votes during d national election,Rabiu Kwankaso 4me + Okorocha or Rabiu + Fashola wud ve given PDP a run for dier money,4me Buhari already lost b4 d election mark my word
U re talking nonsense. If behari cud get 12 million vote with cpc he formed few month 2 an election in 2011,i believe he ll do better dis time around. jonathan has nothing 2 offer. 16yrs of PDP rule we re still battling with epileptic power supply, is dat d got u want 2 vote 4? We need 2 sincere as Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Performance At APC Primaries Shows His Weakness - Former CNN Reporter by oneitalia: 4:32pm On Dec 11, 2014
How can someone had 5k votes out of 7K and u said it wasn't a landslide victory? Purefool try and check the figures and consider a fact that GMB doesn't have dollars to throw around but only his credibility. #SaiBuhari
Re: Buhari's Performance At APC Primaries Shows His Weakness - Former CNN Reporter by RyderNG: 4:33pm On Dec 11, 2014
This guy's argument is weak. At least the APC have a true picture of which areas they need to work on as opposed to GEJ's fake 100% approval rating which dangerously masks the extent of his disapproval. Make no mistake, Buhari will win the presidential election come 2015.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Performance At APC Primaries Shows His Weakness - Former CNN Reporter by 3kay945(m): 4:33pm On Dec 11, 2014
VellyG:
Seriously I watched Buhari's interview on channel and I was so so disappointed .. If this the man some of u are fighting for to become our next president then know we have a long way to go.. Buhari is as clueless as Jonathan. Recycling of leaders how stupid can that be.. Imagine with our population and the number of technocrats we have in this country we still prefer an old retired General to rule us. May be after Buhari other past generals like Babangida will take their turn.Nigerians use ur brains for once .
Are Gej and sambo not educated
Let's the technocrats vie for elective post too.
Re: Buhari's Performance At APC Primaries Shows His Weakness - Former CNN Reporter by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 11, 2014
BetaThings:

Hahaha
The fear of DSS is the beginning of wisdom
Nairaland is owned lock stock and barrel now by Jonathan
A man so insecure that he cannot submit himself to his party's primary - what do you think?
He asked DSS to invade opposition's data centre
he asked soldiers to stop newspapers he perceived not to be loyal to him from circulating!

and this is what Purefoy also said
TAN did not quote it

christian purefoy @purefoyAMEBO
Incumbent. Controls Govt. Gonna spend a lot of money in 2015.
@uncleprince I will actually wish to hear what you think about GEJ
What a shameless administration. He is not even bold to stand for primary in his own party that he is the leader. Make this CNN whatever go die along with his co-travellers
Re: Buhari's Performance At APC Primaries Shows His Weakness - Former CNN Reporter by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 11, 2014
joker5180:
I guess you and your foriegner friend will also argue that the 12M votes CPC scored in 2011 presidential election was influenced by Tinubu.
please help me tell them!

Need I remind you ignorant folks that APC does not belong to Tinubu. APC was formed by:

Tinubu from ACN
Muhammadu Buhari from CPC
Ogbonnaya Onu from ANPP

Three of them were the party leaders before the amalgamation of the parties.

Some people need to go deep into Nigerian politics and learn.

1 Like 1 Share

GentleMimi:
Ouch! That hurts. grin

Its just really hilarious how you wanna use a 'foreigners' opinion as a means to attack Buhari. Isn't the opinions of all the bunch of Pro GEJ guys on this forum or anywhere else in Nigeria whom by the way have been of course criticizing APC and boasting about how no matter who wins GEJ is gonna thrash em at the polls.

But NOOO lets go find a 'foreigners' opinion then immediately stick it in the frontpage because Boy will it hurt em if a foreigner says something in line with our opinions.

What exactly is supposed to be so hurtful about this twitter post, that could be worst than the pathetic PDP propaganda that we've witnessed over the last couple of years undecided OHH right a 'foreigner' said it!

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Performance At APC Primaries Shows His Weakness - Former CNN Reporter by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 11, 2014
Olufemiolaolu:
U re talking nonsense. If behari cud get 12 million vote with cpc he formed few month 2 an election in 2011,i believe he ll do better dis time around. jonathan has nothing 2 offer. 16yrs of PDP rule we re still battling with epileptic power supply, is dat d got u want 2 vote 4? We need 2 sincere as Nigerians
Don't bother responding to Janathanians and saTANs

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Performance At APC Primaries Shows His Weakness - Former CNN Reporter by emiye(m): 4:34pm On Dec 11, 2014
very daft analysis.

The other candidates did not step down, and Buhari got dat much. 2 of his opponents are sitting state governors, one of the governors from the state with the highest number of delegates.
Re: Buhari's Performance At APC Primaries Shows His Weakness - Former CNN Reporter by Olufemiolaolu(m): 4:35pm On Dec 11, 2014
Curlieweed:

I don't know why you guys keep repeating fallacious ignorance everywhere.

Which primary election did Obama win to get his second term ticket from the Democrats? Which primaries did George W Bush to get his second term ticket from the Republicans?

Traditionally, the party with the incumbent president avoids primaries (except in cases of extremely poor performance) in order to avoid dividing the base and take full advantage of the powers of incumbency.
So Jonathan performance wasn't poor right? Park well abeg.
Re: Buhari's Performance At APC Primaries Shows His Weakness - Former CNN Reporter by ogirma: 4:35pm On Dec 11, 2014
But a party that decided to produce only one flag bearer is a sign of strength abi?
Now I see why he no longer works at CNN

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Performance At APC Primaries Shows His Weakness - Former CNN Reporter by jahsharon: 4:35pm On Dec 11, 2014
I think I know where the problem with PDP lies. PDP expect Muhammadu Buhari to threaten, intimidate and harass all other contestants to step down for him the way Jonathan did. Bhari was a military dictator then, but today he is a democrat. Buhari lost the presidential election thrice and went to court from the Election Tribunal to Court of Appeal and to Supreme Court. Only a true democrat will do that.

Jonathan on the other hand sent the military to intimidate Ekiti and Osun voters and also sent EFCC after Babangida Aliu and Sule Lamido who were planning to challenge him for the PDP party ticket.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Performance At APC Primaries Shows His Weakness - Former CNN Reporter by Bizibi(m): 4:35pm On Dec 11, 2014
It is about tinubu.......

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Performance At APC Primaries Shows His Weakness - Former CNN Reporter by madjune(m): 4:35pm On Dec 11, 2014
godson36:
To hell with your views. Someone who did not bride delegates is winning and you said he is weak. Go to hell with your support for jonathan

MAY GOD BLESS YOU GODSON.
Re: Buhari's Performance At APC Primaries Shows His Weakness - Former CNN Reporter by 3kay945(m): 4:36pm On Dec 11, 2014
oneitalia:
How can someone had 5k votes out of 7K and u said it wasn't a landslide victory? Purefool try and check the figures and consider a fact that GMB doesn't have dollars to throw around but only his credibility. #SaiBuhari

Leave them jare, help me ask the foreign naive analyst if he understand impact of money in Nigeria politics. cool
Re: Buhari's Performance At APC Primaries Shows His Weakness - Former CNN Reporter by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 11, 2014
TheRealMrStan:
Many would remember Christian Purefoy several years back as the most loved CNN Nigeria correspondent.

Christian now works with a private media company in Nigeria, and took to Twitter earlier on his views about Buhari and APC Presidential Primaries.

Do you agree with his submissions?
...craps!Buhari won the APC presidential primary.he won on a landslide.so get lost haters.
Re: Buhari's Performance At APC Primaries Shows His Weakness - Former CNN Reporter by PureNigerian: 4:36pm On Dec 11, 2014
TheRealMrStan:
Many would remember Christian Purefoy several years back as the most loved CNN Nigeria correspondent.

Christian now works with a private media company in Nigeria, and took to Twitter earlier on his views about Buhari and APC Presidential Primaries.

Do you agree with his submissions?

Thunder fire you, in your bleeped up country, it is fight to finish.
He contested with 4 other candidates fool
Re: Buhari's Performance At APC Primaries Shows His Weakness - Former CNN Reporter by PenSniper: 4:36pm On Dec 11, 2014
godson36:
To hell with your views. Someone who did not bride delegates is winning and you said he is weak. Go to hell with your support for jonathan

Did not bribe ? Are you sure ? And you believe that ? Then you will believe anything.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Diezani Alison-madueke The Most Beautiful Outgoing Minister In Nigeria / Yenagoa, Kolokumo & Sagbama LGA Results Released - Bayelsa Polls / Northern Muslims Criticise Peter Obi Branded Praying Mats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.