Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Mohammadu Buhari’s Running Mate: 10 Names Emerge - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mohammadu Buhari’s Running Mate: 10 Names Emerge (66822 Views)

Congratulations To President Elect, Mohammadu Buhari / General Mohammadu Buhari Leads President Jonathan In New Poll / Wike, Running-Mate, PDP Leaders Escape Death As Gunmen Storm Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mohammadu Buhari’s Running Mate: 10 Names Emerge by Consultville(m): 2:19pm On Dec 12, 2014
And the black horse will emerge
Re: Mohammadu Buhari’s Running Mate: 10 Names Emerge by millionboi(m): 2:34pm On Dec 12, 2014
soe:
Nonsense list.

Give us Oby Ezekwesili

Oby Ezekwesili is from the south, an igbo woman, a staunch Christian, a woman, an international achiever, a human rights activist, a freedom fighter, an incorruptible public servant, madam due process, madam bringbackourgirls, madam no nonsense, iron lady...former world bank vice President...mama d mama

‪#‎APC‬...no dulling...we want the best.
if only thy wil dare u
Re: Mohammadu Buhari’s Running Mate: 10 Names Emerge by NovusHomo(m): 2:34pm On Dec 12, 2014
hazyfm:
ADAMS OSHIOMOLE WILL BE PERFECT

"Go and die"
Re: Mohammadu Buhari’s Running Mate: 10 Names Emerge by madjune(m): 2:36pm On Dec 12, 2014
KAY, DON'T BOTHER WITH THE LECTURE.
I've NOTICED THAT MOST PEOPLE DON'T RESEARCH VERY WELL NOR READ PROPERYL BEFORE MAKING COMMENTS.

WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO CLEARLY RESEARCH BUHARI'S RECORDS? AND TALK ABOUT HIM IN AN OBJECTIVE MANNER. FREE FROM PRARNOIA OR BIAS?

ITS SO SAD.
kay29000:

He didn't plan the that...he was just put there by the people who did. Get your facts right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mohammadu Buhari’s Running Mate: 10 Names Emerge by qtx(m): 2:38pm On Dec 12, 2014
Acecube:
Buhari and Oshiomhole will be presenting two presidential candidates... that will give pdp a killer punch !
bros that oshio baba sharp pass buhari and tinubu put togeda, Tinubu don talk am say him no dey comfortable with osho and ironically that guy for make sense for that pair. Well na dem know if they like make dem pair with obamba of USA or cameroun of of United Kingdom no way for apc bc the problem is not on the running mate but on the attempted- president himself(buhari) the guy is just firm but empty such can be dangerous when in power because he can commit gruesome error that will sink the country in minutes not out of wickedness but due to over zealousness and power drunkenness.
Re: Mohammadu Buhari’s Running Mate: 10 Names Emerge by GlorifiedTunde(m): 2:41pm On Dec 12, 2014
Amaechi for running mate, Fashola for Senate President
Re: Mohammadu Buhari’s Running Mate: 10 Names Emerge by GlorifiedTunde(m): 2:43pm On Dec 12, 2014
hazyfm:
ADAMS OSHIOMOLE WILL BE PERFECT

Is Oshiomole not a Muslim? It won't work o. APC better forget winning then.
Re: Mohammadu Buhari’s Running Mate: 10 Names Emerge by Edjimor4(m): 2:45pm On Dec 12, 2014
Our problem viz 2015 election is neither ethnicity nor religion but simply SUSPICION!
Re: Mohammadu Buhari’s Running Mate: 10 Names Emerge by ntulls: 2:53pm On Dec 12, 2014
When is the Primaries for the ten names.
Lol
Re: Mohammadu Buhari’s Running Mate: 10 Names Emerge by datribune: 3:03pm On Dec 12, 2014
Bawss1:

It's always amusing how we tend to recolor history to suit our purpose. Everyone who was involved in a military coup d'etat will say their effort was a patroitic gesture of rescue, a selfless salvage mission and what not. The fact is a coup d'état will always remain that - a forceful takeover of government. They will not want to mention that it's a power grab plain and simple. There is no way we can reconcile that with democratic principles and this shadow will forever loom against Buhari's campaign.

Aside from putting aside his army fatigue how can Buhari prove that he is a democrat, one who is willing to consider the views and aspirations of others that are not in line with his?

It's also funny that you say he is a tried an tested leader. So in the ~18 months that his dictatorship lasted you were able to gleen that he is the best man suited for leading this country forward come 2015. Lol!

It's only in Nigeria that a dictator can become a democrat overnight.

d experience of nigeria under shagari is an experience dat no patriot will ever wish on nigeria ever again. History will always be kind to Buhari who answered d patriotic call at great personal risk & ridded d nation of d worst set of criminals masquerading as politicians of d NPN. That's why decades after, d well-informed know d worth & ar truly hopeful dat he will once again rescue d nation frm another weak & clueless leader.
Yes, what greater proof & test of leadership could there hav been than 4 a leader to turn around a nation in economic & moral ruins frm d inept Shagari years.
In his short stint as leader GMB restored d nigerian economy back, rejected d IMF loan & paid part of d debts owed by d thieving NPN politicians, d rest of which OBJ paid off not too long ago.
FOI, its not only in Nigeria dat military men bcom democrats, 26 of d 44 USA Presidents served in d military. d value of military service remains an important quality dat US citizens sought in their President. Buhari is d best man 4 d job especially at dis trying time 4 d nation. SAI BUHARI

1 Like

Re: Mohammadu Buhari’s Running Mate: 10 Names Emerge by eaccyboy(m): 3:06pm On Dec 12, 2014
I saw Buhari's write up today in d passage he stated dat he wil rule Nigeria strictly by constitution

We Christians don die b dat..why?

Nigeria constitution has 5 islamic laws and 27 sharia laws in it and dat means islamising d country..

Christians beware..
Re: Mohammadu Buhari’s Running Mate: 10 Names Emerge by dallyemmy: 3:06pm On Dec 12, 2014
Wittylens:
Where Are They RUNNING To? grin

At Age 76 Buhari Is Still Running grin

Oga Buhari...Stop RUNNING... You Can Never Win Because You Dont Have Strength To RUN.... You're Too Old To RUN

#GEJ Till Tinubu Does Face Surgery grin
. How old was Jimmy Carter when he was the president of US? How old was Nelson Mandela when he was the president of South Africa? So that is no excuse at all!
Re: Mohammadu Buhari’s Running Mate: 10 Names Emerge by lohresloco: 3:09pm On Dec 12, 2014
soe:
Nonsense list.

Give us Oby Ezekwesili

Oby Ezekwesili is from the south, an igbo woman, a staunch Christian, a woman, an international achiever, a human rights activist, a freedom fighter, an incorruptible public servant, madam due process, madam bringbackourgirls, madam no nonsense, iron lady...former world bank vice President...mama d mama

they will never give you the best, there's always a hidden agenda. I feel sorry for the masses who always allow politicians to rob shit in their eye. Was fashola not a better choice for a presidential candidate., idiots that they all are. Goodluck did not stand a chance against fashola . To hell with the apc bigots, and the pdp thieves, in between I'd take the known devil anyday. GEJ TILL 2019 not because I said so but because Buhari’s not a better option.

1 Like

Re: Mohammadu Buhari’s Running Mate: 10 Names Emerge by Layolaw(f): 3:15pm On Dec 12, 2014
And what is fayemi doing on the list? Somebody that was disgraced out of office without winning his own home town! Smh
Re: Mohammadu Buhari’s Running Mate: 10 Names Emerge by Okudiover(m): 3:18pm On Dec 12, 2014
Having Buhari's immense popularity in the North and the current strenght of his party unlike in 2011 where his party CPC was smaller in size and spread in comparison to PDP, ANPP and AC, also giving the support of the South West to APC it would be unwise not to zone the VP slot of APC there especially since in addition to having a significant population, there is the high grass root political awareness and cohesion associated with the south west. Also very important is that the south west has the highest number of undecided voters and may swing their support either way but with a more firmly entrenched structures (including governors, senators and members of the federal house of representatives) it would be difficult for this swing to move in a direction against the wind with such velocity. smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Mohammadu Buhari’s Running Mate: 10 Names Emerge by successking: 3:22pm On Dec 12, 2014
rexoluj:
After Mohammadu Buhari emerged the All Progressives Congress(APC) candidate for Nigeria’s presidential election in 2015, the next move is to choose a running mate. Series of meetings are currently being held by APC party leaders to come up with the best running mate for him.

Here is a list of possible front-runners being speculated:
Prof. Yemi Osibanjo, former Attorney-General of Lagos State
Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, the Rivers State governor
Mr. Babatunde Fashola, the Lagos State governor
Mr. Adams Oshiomhole, the Edo State governor
Dr. Kayode Fayemi, the immediate past Ekiti State governor
Senator Olorunnimbe Mamora, former Lagos East Senator
Senator (Prof.) Ajayi Boroffice, serving Ondo State Senator
Mr. Wale Edun, former Lagos State Commissioner
Mr. Supo Sashore, former Attorney-General of Lagos State
Mrs Sharon Ikeazor, National Women Leader of All Progressives Congress (APC)

http://citypeoplegroup.org/i/mohammadu-buharis-running-mate-10-names-emerge/

Good selection, now that Amechi is not in the list, lets see where he will run to.
Re: Mohammadu Buhari’s Running Mate: 10 Names Emerge by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 12, 2014
EUROBOMBER:

You should have noticed by now that the Alqaeda Peoples Party (APC) is anti-Igbo. We must ensure that Jonathan remains there till 2019.
I can't believe we stil hav daft citizens in dis nation....wats wit all dis tribe issues...n even if jonathan remains dr till 2019(by riggin), wat happens after he leaves us in a desolate state....do u in any imagination think d yorubas n hausas of which u kno r far higher in population dan d rest of d nation wuld ever give any person inclined to igbo a chance?...y dnt u think far ahead dan just 2day...
Re: Mohammadu Buhari’s Running Mate: 10 Names Emerge by darediamond(m): 3:26pm On Dec 12, 2014
Wittylens:
Where Are They RUNNING To? grin

At Age 76 Buhari Is Still Running grin

Oga Buhari...Stop RUNNING... You Can Never Win Because You Dont Have Strength To RUN.... You're Too Old To RUN

#GEJ Till Tinubu Does Face Surgery grin
"GEJ Till Tinubu Does Face Surgery" Ayelala!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Mohammadu Buhari’s Running Mate: 10 Names Emerge by klkl: 3:32pm On Dec 12, 2014
Nonsense list.

Give us Oby Ezekwesili

‪#‎APC‬...no dulling...we want the best. Is she an active member of APC
Re: Mohammadu Buhari’s Running Mate: 10 Names Emerge by darediamond(m): 3:35pm On Dec 12, 2014
I pity this "Born To Rule People" oo.
See as Tinubu dey mock them in revere and fast-forward mode.
This people do not Understand the type of politics we are playing here in West.
They no understaandi.
Obasanjo for Rigth, Tinubu for Left.
Jonathan for Middle.
Those Babas come bé Brackets for poisoned Arrows from those Gambaris.
Awon ode.
Buahari we de for Abacha government when that bastard they Iron cloth for babas OBJ back na him he go come support?
Ibadan lomo, walahi won mo laipo.
Aboki, go back to school.
Re: Mohammadu Buhari’s Running Mate: 10 Names Emerge by olak3: 3:36pm On Dec 12, 2014
WHAT PROMINENTS NIGERIAN'S SAYS ABOUT BUHARI

“The army after toppling our democratic regime have no option but to install Buhari as head of state so as to avoid credibility problems, especially in the sight of the international community because of his being an epitome of integrity."
- SHAGARI.

“There are only 2 honest & reliable Nigerians. Myself & Buhari. All what PDP is saying of Buhari being fundamentalist is mere hot lies. They just fear, let‘s go to jail “
– OBJ

General Muhammadu Buhari as a member of the Supreme Military Council and as Head of NNPC was by nature taciturn and introvert. But he took any work that was given to him very seriously. He is reliable as he is hardworking and honest, his path of moral probity and rectitude” Incorruptible
– President Olusegun Obasango , in his book, “Not My Will”.

“Buhari was a big brother & a father to some extent that mean nothing in life & to the nation always other than good. So, I fear no harm from him.“
– LATE YAR‘ADUA.

“Buhari was honest & sincere in all his conduct that perhaps, only very few Nigerians could match in integrity.“
–GEN. ABDUSSALAM

“Gen. Muhammadu Buhari was a true patriot, respected former head of state & elder statesman & a nationalist.“
-PRESIDENT JONATHAN.

“I have realized our collective mistake in over-throwing you. I have seen the terrible damage which our inaction caused to the Nigerian psyche. I am most sorry. Please, come and do what is best known about you. Patriotic service to the nation.“
–LATE ABACHA (PTF inaugural speech).

“If Buhari quit PTF job as he promises & as we knew him to mean his words, all along, I support the idea of scrapping PTF as no one else can do the job as him.“ –IBB

I respect Buhari. He was my Boss.He was an honorable man. And I can say this anywhere”.
-General Ibrahim Babangida.

“As a member PDP BOT, I decided personally to donate the #5,000,000 to Buhari‘s campaign organization because of my firm believe in his ability to right all the nation wrongs-
ALH. ISIYAKU IBRAHIM.

“Buhari is as clean as the book I am holding”
~ Alhaji Isiaku Ibrahim, a Member of PDP Board of Trustees @ a Book launch in Kaduna

“The issue of Gen. The Buhari‘s presidency was always being derided by the criminals who looted the nation to stupor by embarking upon a campaign of calumny so as to smear his name with a view to denying Nigerians having a leader who can improve their lots.“
–PROF. DAVID WEST.

“If the truth must be said, Buhari remain the only real threat to PDP wither he runs for the presidency or not due to his wider followership among the masses that now hit the elite circle.“
-SEN. MAKARFI.

***Kindly share this if really you believed in NEW Nigeria & that another Nigeria is possible***

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mohammadu Buhari’s Running Mate: 10 Names Emerge by klkl: 3:36pm On Dec 12, 2014
soe:
Nonsense list.

Give us Oby Ezekwesili

. Is she an active member of APC now
Re: Mohammadu Buhari’s Running Mate: 10 Names Emerge by Nobody: 3:48pm On Dec 12, 2014
Much ado about nathing..
Re: Mohammadu Buhari’s Running Mate: 10 Names Emerge by handsum92: 3:51pm On Dec 12, 2014
dallyemmy:
. How old was Jimmy Carter when he was the president of US? How old was Nelson Mandela when he was the president of South Africa? So that is no excuse at all!

Oga get your fact right and try to give the perfect comparism..Carter was 53 wen he became US president kk?
Re: Mohammadu Buhari’s Running Mate: 10 Names Emerge by spicyJ(m): 3:52pm On Dec 12, 2014
lifestyle1:

And how long has pdp been ruling ?

And why can't jonathan step down honorably despite the unrest in the country ?
Jonathan should step down because of those blood tasty power drunk northern cabal who by all means want to rule the remaining people they've not been able to kill through their bokoharam abi? U try well well
Re: Mohammadu Buhari’s Running Mate: 10 Names Emerge by lifestyle1(m): 3:55pm On Dec 12, 2014
spicyJ:
Jonathan should step down because of those blood tasty power drunk northern cabal who by all means want to rule the remaining people they've not been able to kill through their bokoharam abi? U try well well

Well, it's too late for him to step down, he will be kicked out come 2015.
Re: Mohammadu Buhari’s Running Mate: 10 Names Emerge by CSTR: 4:00pm On Dec 12, 2014
Caseless:
a 72 year old buhari is stronger and healthier than a 55 year old jonathan.
I am not a GEJ fan, but given what i saw based on the channels interview, i seriously doubt it.
I doubt buhari is even mentally fit for govt.
Re: Mohammadu Buhari’s Running Mate: 10 Names Emerge by olajide8(m): 4:07pm On Dec 12, 2014
idio-t of the highest order, sorry for using that word but it is the only word i could find for an ignorant thing* sorry

eaccyboy:
I saw Buhari's write up today in d passage he stated dat he wil rule Nigeria strictly by constitution

We Christians don die b dat..why?

Nigeria constitution has 5 islamic laws and 27 sharia laws in it and dat means islamising d country..

Christians beware..
Re: Mohammadu Buhari’s Running Mate: 10 Names Emerge by Nobody: 4:10pm On Dec 12, 2014
GlorifiedTunde:

Is Oshiomole not a Muslim? It won't work o. APC better forget winning then.
No,he is a christian
Re: Mohammadu Buhari’s Running Mate: 10 Names Emerge by nd07(m): 4:11pm On Dec 12, 2014
Nonsense list.

Give us Oby Ezekwesili

A vision less fighter & a visionary fighter cannot go well. especially where the former is the head. Buhari's ideology & that of Ezekwesili are not agreeable & the two are not the same background. Buhari will like a stooge.
Re: Mohammadu Buhari’s Running Mate: 10 Names Emerge by darediamond(m): 4:11pm On Dec 12, 2014
Complete Sense.
lohresloco:
they will never give you the best, there's always a hidden agenda. I feel sorry for the masses who always allow politicians to rob shit in their eye. Was fashola not a better choice for a presidential candidate., idiots that they all are. Goodluck did not stand a chance against fashola . To hell with the apc bigots, and the pdp thieves, in between I'd take the known devil anyday. GEJ TILL 2019 not because I said so but because Buhari’s not a better option.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Buhari Waves APC Flag At Scanty Presidential Rally In Uyo / Throwback Photos Of Buhari And Buba Galadima At Galadima's Daughter Graduation / Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu In Court Toady: ''I Have No Confidence In This Court''

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.