Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,644 members, 7,813,159 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:59 AM

Finland Deports Over 100 Nigerians [photo] - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Finland Deports Over 100 Nigerians [photo] (4026 Views)

What The NewYork Times Said About Nigerians. Photo Attached. / Finland Deports Over 100nigerians / Sokoto Deports Over 150 Illegal Immigrants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Finland Deports Over 100 Nigerians [photo] by TheRealMrStan(m): 9:39am On Dec 12, 2014
Finland yesterday deported more than 100 Nigerians who have sought asylum in the European country.
The deportees, some of whom have stayed in Finland for over one year arrived the cargo terminal of the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos at 7am yesterday with a cargo airline called, Privilege Gourment.

They included children, women and some with their immediate family.

One of the deportees, Mr Isaac Ejiofor, told journalists that the affected Nigerians had no criminal records in Finland, wondering why they should be deported after spending over one year in the asylum camp.

Ejiofor who explained that he was initially in Greece, said he went to Finland to seek asylum so that he could get documents that would enable him work in the country.

He alleged that the Finland authorities only picked up and deported Nigerians where they were found among other African nationals.
When asked if the Nigerian Embassy at Finland was aware of their plight, Ejiofor said the embassy was aware but refused to come to their aid after paying 1,500 euro to the embassy officials in Finland.

He said, “The policeman asked me what I want since I do not have any criminal record to warrant my deportation.
“I said I wanted to work and live a normal life in Finland, so he (policeman) told me to seek asylum and I did that.
“I was taken to the asylum camp and was there for about more than a year processing my documents that will permit me to work.”

Another deportee, who only gave his name as Jackson, said the Nigerian Embassy officials in Finland must have colluded with some Finland Immigration authorities to extort money from asylum seekers in the camp.
He said that the embassy officials, however, promised to assist them to get working permit from the Finland authority.

A female deportee simply called Esther, said that she and her husband has been in Finland over 14 years, but was surprised that they were deported without committing an offence.
She said that she was deported along with her seven year-old daughter and husband without any compensation.

She said that other Africans in the camp were given an opportunity to stay and work in Finland, but that the Finland authority were hostile to Nigerians.
She appealed to the Federal Government to come to their aid, particularly Nigerians in Finland and other Europe nations.

She said that most of the Nigerians at the asylum camp in Finland came from other European countries like Greece, Denmark, Sweden and Norway to seek asylum to be able to get working documents. - Culled from leadership online.
http://www.stelladimokokorkus.com/2014/12/finland-deports-over-100-nigerians.html?

[img]http://1.bp..com/-VG17fdVdudc/VIqVmHdF1LI/AAAAAAABYPg/i3zEfYXPwtQ/s1600/deportees-300x225.jpg[/img]
Re: Finland Deports Over 100 Nigerians [photo] by Opeedo(m): 9:41am On Dec 12, 2014
why do we keep going to places where we are not wanted . . . Nigeria is a beautiful place

1 Like

Re: Finland Deports Over 100 Nigerians [photo] by MizMyColi(f): 9:41am On Dec 12, 2014
Mission Accomplished.

Welcome back Dear Brothers and Sisters
kiss

1 Like

Re: Finland Deports Over 100 Nigerians [photo] by LeylowDee: 9:41am On Dec 12, 2014
So serious
Re: Finland Deports Over 100 Nigerians [photo] by OYINBOGOJU(m): 9:41am On Dec 12, 2014
Merry Christmas
Re: Finland Deports Over 100 Nigerians [photo] by KidProgrammer(m): 9:41am On Dec 12, 2014
Deportation everyday..nawa o
Re: Finland Deports Over 100 Nigerians [photo] by Pitila22: 9:42am On Dec 12, 2014
Well come home
Re: Finland Deports Over 100 Nigerians [photo] by OYINBOGOJU(m): 9:42am On Dec 12, 2014
Finnish Government just save them from extreme cold
Re: Finland Deports Over 100 Nigerians [photo] by kunlesehan(m): 9:42am On Dec 12, 2014
Abeg come home joor, Nigeria is FINEland.
Finland kor finishedland ni
lol

1 Like

Re: Finland Deports Over 100 Nigerians [photo] by Opeedo(m): 9:42am On Dec 12, 2014
God have mercy on Nigerians
Re: Finland Deports Over 100 Nigerians [photo] by ammyluv2002(f): 9:42am On Dec 12, 2014
Oya over to us....let's deport them too now tongue

Sad though!
Re: Finland Deports Over 100 Nigerians [photo] by englishmart(m): 9:43am On Dec 12, 2014
whoever deserves to be deported should be deported! I'm a law abiding young man. No one can ever think of deporting me....
Re: Finland Deports Over 100 Nigerians [photo] by braxjay(m): 9:43am On Dec 12, 2014
ok o
Re: Finland Deports Over 100 Nigerians [photo] by lalasticlala(m): 9:43am On Dec 12, 2014

(1)

Apc Wins Round One At Rivers Governorship Election Tribunal / Why Is "IPOB Youth" Used To Describe Anyone With A Different Opinion? / Why I Support The Freezing Of Peter Obi Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.