Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,242 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Why I Support The Freezing Of Peter Obi Account - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Support The Freezing Of Peter Obi Account (4035 Views)

Season Of Exposure:British Virgin Island Should Release Peter Obi Account Detail / Letter From AGF Directing The Freezing Of CJN Onnoghen‘s Accounts. / Nigerians React Over Peter Obi's Account Freezing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Support The Freezing Of Peter Obi Account by Nobody: 10:05pm On Dec 09, 2018
As an educated Nigerian with vast knowledge of the politicians that have turned Nigeria to one if the biggest shitholes in the world through endemic and monumental corruption I support the freezing of Peter Obi's account.
Yes, the anti corruption war of APC is selective and only targets the opposition. As long as one of the thieves that have plundered Nigeria are caught in the crossfire, I remain happy.
Peter Obi boasts about the N75 Billion naira he left after his tenure in cash and assets to the state.This is despite the fact that Anambra has no single world class hospital,portable water for citizens,drainage system,transportation system or world class standard road is a disgrace.

During his tenure Peter Obi refused to conduct local government elections, so he could control local government funds throughout his entire tenure. He only decided to finally conduct the elections a few months before he was to handover to Obiano.

Peter Obi built a Multi Billion naira Shopping Mall in the heart of Abuja during his tenure.Obi’s admirers like to claim that the money he invested in the mall came from wealth he acquired before he became governor in 2007. This begs the question why he never built something of that scale before he had access to state funds.Construction started on the shopping complex roughly a year into Peter Obi’s tenure as governor.
The Federal Inland Revenue Services (FIRS) sealed Peter Obi NEXT INTERNATIONAL for failure to pay Company Income Tax, Withholding Tax and Education Tax since 2006.This was during the time he spent billions of naira to build one of the largest malls in Abuja during his tenure. He also built the biggest shopping mall in Port Harcourt, commissioned by Governor Wike.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/208700-tax-debt-firs-seals-peter-obis-company-companies-lagos-kano.html

2 Likes

Re: Why I Support The Freezing Of Peter Obi Account by Inspectorsuga22(m): 10:08pm On Dec 09, 2018
Ok
Re: Why I Support The Freezing Of Peter Obi Account by NigerDeltan(m): 10:13pm On Dec 09, 2018
hahahaha funny dude

1 Like

Re: Why I Support The Freezing Of Peter Obi Account by Nobody: 10:17pm On Dec 09, 2018
NigerDeltan:
hahahaha funny dude
Cheers, I will keep exposing the fantastically corrupt politicians that turned Nigeria to one of the world's biggest shitholes through their monumental corruption.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Support The Freezing Of Peter Obi Account by Pubichairs(m): 10:21pm On Dec 09, 2018
embarassed Have u ever wondered why Chickens are being killed during any Festive period that involves Jesus

Because the damn rooster disrupted pubic peace by crowing 3 times, there by causing more havoc ..damn!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why I Support The Freezing Of Peter Obi Account by Nobody: 10:25pm On Dec 09, 2018
Pubichairs:
embarassed Have u ever wondered why Chickens are being killed during any Festive period that involves Jesus

Because the damn rooster disrupted pubic peace by crowing 3 times, there by causing more havoc ..damn!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why I Support The Freezing Of Peter Obi Account by Nobody: 10:33pm On Dec 09, 2018
Peter Obi, the greatest liar in Nigeria after Buhari the conman

1. I have one wrist watch; fat big lie- already busted

2. I don't have property any where- Ikoyi apartment is worth N250,000,000.00 and has a house in London,United Kindgom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFoTarB01JA
Nigerian politicians are the most fraudulent conmen to walk to planet. Believe them at your own peril.

1 Like

Re: Why I Support The Freezing Of Peter Obi Account by solutionmi: 10:36pm On Dec 09, 2018
political calculation
Re: Why I Support The Freezing Of Peter Obi Account by Nobody: 10:44pm On Dec 09, 2018
solutionmi:
political calculation
Care to explain?
Re: Why I Support The Freezing Of Peter Obi Account by deboysben(m): 10:47pm On Dec 09, 2018
More of these are coming pdp should brass up for the future...

But at the end we will come out victorious

1 Like

Re: Why I Support The Freezing Of Peter Obi Account by Nobody: 10:52pm On Dec 09, 2018
deboysben:
More of these are coming pdp should brass up for the future...

But at the end we will come out victorious
Nigerian politicians see no distinction between state funds and their personal accounts and business ventures.
Re: Why I Support The Freezing Of Peter Obi Account by Nobody: 11:27pm On Dec 09, 2018
Front page Lalastiscala
Re: Why I Support The Freezing Of Peter Obi Account by FisifunKododada: 12:22am On Dec 10, 2018
My major problem with peter obi is that he loves and adores the American politician Paul Ryan who is known to be 100% in the pockets of corporations and the ultra rich. This is extreme corruption. Show me your friend and I will tell you who you are.
Re: Why I Support The Freezing Of Peter Obi Account by Nobody: 12:33am On Dec 10, 2018
FisifunKododada:
My major problem with peter obi is that he loves and adores the American politician Paul Ryan who is known to be 100% in the pockets of corporations and the ultra rich. This is extreme corruption. Show me your friend and I will tell you who you are.
Paul Ryan is a great man like majority of American politicians that developed the most advanced and prosperous nation in the world. He might be in corporations pocket, but he ensures there are world class roads,hospitals,transportation systems.drainage and 24 hour electricity in his country. He can't boast of having the largest shopping mall in any city in America, unlike Peter Obi.

Paul Ryan won't waste his time meeting a corrupt African politician like Peter Obi, if he wasn't getting paid to take a selfie, so Peter Obi can go and brag to his fellow corrupt and useless Nigerian politicians that he friends with one of the most powerful men in America.
Re: Why I Support The Freezing Of Peter Obi Account by naijacentric(m): 2:07am On Dec 10, 2018
I always knew he was a scammer but the evidence took time to come out always claiming to be simple but u av very big investments how now
Re: Why I Support The Freezing Of Peter Obi Account by Nobody: 2:18am On Dec 10, 2018
naijacentric:
I always knew he was a scammer but the evidence took time to come out always claiming to be simple but u av very big investments how now
Nigerian politicians are 419's. They make up stories of how they had no shoes(GEJ), can't afford the nomination fee(Buhari),have only two black shoes,one wristwatch and no house outside Onitsha(Peter Obi). Don't believe a single word that comes out of their fraudulent mouths.

1 Like

Re: Why I Support The Freezing Of Peter Obi Account by jedisco(m): 3:00am On Dec 10, 2018
litdutchboy:
As an educated Nigerian with vast knowledge of the politicians that have turned Nigeria to one if the biggest shitholes in the world through endemic and monumental corruption I support the freezing of Peter Obi's account.
Yes, the anti corruption war of APC is selective and only targets the opposition. As long as one of the thieves that have plundered Nigeria are caught in the crossfire, I remain happy.
Peter Obi boasts about the N75 Billion naira he left after his tenure in cash and assets to the state.This is despite the fact that Anambra has no single world class hospital,portable water for citizens,drainage system,transportation system or world class standard road is a disgrace.

During his tenure Peter Obi refused to conduct local government elections, so he could control local government funds throughout his entire tenure. He only decided to finally conduct the elections a few months before he was to handover to Obiano.

Peter Obi built a Multi Billion naira Shopping Mall in the heart of Abuja during his tenure.Obi’s admirers like to claim that the money he invested in the mall came from wealth he acquired before he became governor in 2007. This begs the question why he never built something of that scale before he had access to state funds.Construction started on the shopping complex roughly a year into Peter Obi’s tenure as governor.
The Federal Inland Revenue Services (FIRS) sealed Peter Obi NEXT INTERNATIONAL for failure to pay Company Income Tax, Withholding Tax and Education Tax since 2006.This was during the time he spent billions of naira to build one of the largest malls in Abuja during his tenure. He also built the biggest shopping mall in Port Harcourt, commissioned by Governor Wike.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/208700-tax-debt-firs-seals-peter-obis-company-companies-lagos-kano.html

This is really funny and looks like a paid post. You should learn to give credit where due and criticise constructively.

While I wouldn't hold brief for any politician, most of your post lacks a basis. Ask anyone in the know about happenings in Anambra before, during and after Obi's tenure. Fact is that while virtually no state in Nigeria can boast of truly world class roads, Obi did a lot in improving the road network of state owned roads in Nigeria. Today Anambra has one of the best network of Stare owned roads in the country and that is due to the continuum from Ngige to Obi. He had a plan and went about it judiciously.

Secondly, the current state teaching hospital was built by Obi. This was a huge improvement over what was obtainable previously. Currently, the hospital is used as a training center for students and professionals alike.

You're trying to belittle his efforts in putting up savings for the state is another one. If half of the governors in Nigeria had governors that could take their states from debts to savings of 75 billion after their tenure, Nigeria wouldn't have had the last economic woes where majority of states couldn't pay salaries and needed to be bailed out

you keep mentioning world class this and that.... Mention any state in Nigeria including the FCT that has a world class standard of any of those things you mentioned above.
I value improvement when I see one.

Also, while personally I support separation of powers and strengthening of the local governments, looking at Nigeria today, its hard to fault him on what he did. The greatest corruption takes place at the local government level as there is virtually no accountability there. What we should be asking for is strengthening of the system with delegated responsibilities for the LGs.

Like him or hate him, Obi is an economic guru. He earned his bragging rights before getting into politics and it's virtually impossible for someone with such economic knowhow not to be doing well for him self. That his businesses are flourishing is testament to his ethics. Afterall, the typical Nigerian governor would have siphoned the 75billion to himself and borrowed more too.

Finally while I may have some issues with Peter Obi, I give him credit where its due and recognise him as one of the best governors Nigeria has produced.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Support The Freezing Of Peter Obi Account by Nobody: 4:12am On Dec 10, 2018
jedisco:

This is really funny and looks like a paid post. You should learn to give credit where due and criticise constructively.

While I wouldn't hold brief for any politician, most of your post lacks a basis. Ask anyone in the know about happenings in Anambra before, during and after Obi's tenure. Fact is that while virtually no state in Nigeria can boast of truly world class roads, Obi did a lot in improving the road network of state owned roads in Nigeria. Today Anambra has one of the best network of Stare owned roads in the country and that is due to the continuum from Ngige to Obi. He had a plan and went about it judiciously.

Secondly, the current state teaching hospital was built by Obi. This was a huge improvement over what was obtainable previously. Currently, the hospital is used as a training center for students and professionals alike.

You're trying to belittle his efforts in putting up savings for the state is another one. If half of the governors in Nigeria had governors that could take their states from debts to savings of 75 billion after their tenure, Nigeria wouldn't have had the last economic woes where majority of states couldn't pay salaries and needed to be bailed out

you keep mentioning world class this and that.... Mention any state in Nigeria including the FCT that has a world class standard of any of those things you mentioned above.
I value improvement when I see one.

Also, while personally I support separation of powers and strengthening of the local governments, looking at Nigeria today, its hard to fault him on what he did. The greatest corruption takes place at the local government level as there is virtually no accountability there. What we should be asking for is strengthening of the system with delegated responsibilities for the LGs.

Like him or hate him, Obi is an economic guru. He earned his bragging rights before getting into politics and it's virtually impossible for someone with such economic knowhow not to be doing well for him self. That his businesses are flourishing is testament to his ethics. Afterall, the typical Nigerian governor would have siphoned the 75billion to himself and borrowed more too.

Finally while I may have some issues with Peter Obi, I give him credit where its due and recognise him as one of the best governors Nigeria has produced.
Obiano has disputed Peter Obi fraudulent claims about the N75 billion naira. Instead he said he inherited a N127 billion naira debt.

Please publish the world class roads Peter Obi built in Anambra and the world class teaching hospital he attends when he gets sick.

EFCC froze his accounts because they suspect the source of funds for the Biggest mall in Port Harcourt and Abuja will be traced back to Anambra state funds.
Peter Obi had to wait until he became Governor to build the two biggest malls in two major Nigerian cities.
Re: Why I Support The Freezing Of Peter Obi Account by BeautifulMind2: 5:26am On Dec 10, 2018
[s]
litdutchboy:

[/s]
You're not from Anambra state, If you are from Anambra you Wii not write this rubbish, Peter Obi performed excellent in health sector, Peter Obi was the one that built COO teaching hospital Awka, from foundation to finishing, he rehabilitated Iyi hospital Ogidi, Borromeo hospital Onitsha, Maria Regina hospital Awka, Our ladies hospital Ihiala, he rehabilitated and reequipped 47 general hospitals, 229 health centres and numarous mission hospitals in Anambra, in education Anambra came from under to the top under Peter Obi, the system of education in Anambra changed to excellent, he built many schools, equipped them, built IT centers in every secondary school, 25,000 laptops installed with full school syllables and books, generators, sick bays and internet connectivity, Obi donated 500 buses from local manufacturer Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company and distributed both public and private schools. industrialisation, Obi rebuilt Harbour industrial layout, one of the biggest industrial layout in Nigeria with good road network, under Peter many companies came to Anambra, such as Sab millar, Orenge drugs, IVM, Tiger Food, Stine rice and others , Anambra boast of good network of roads today because of Peter, he built many road both federal and state roads, Anambra witness highest number of employment both in government section and private. Obi setup best security network in Anambra, with local vigilante group, in all towns he bought trucks, licensed guns from police, funded them.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Support The Freezing Of Peter Obi Account by helinues: 5:27am On Dec 10, 2018
You are supporting something yet to be confirmed/ verified.

Okay kwantinue
Re: Why I Support The Freezing Of Peter Obi Account by Nobody: 5:31am On Dec 10, 2018
BeautifulMind2:
[s][/s]
You're not from Anambra state, If you are from Anambra you Wii not write this rubbish, Peter Obi performed excellent in health sector, Peter Obi was the one that built COO teaching hospital Awka, from foundation to finishing, he rehabilitated Iyi hospital Ogidi, Borromeo hospital Onitsha, Maria Regina hospital Awka, Our ladies hospital Ihiala rehabilitation and reequipping 47 general hospitals, 229 health centres and numarous mission hospitals in Anambra, in education Anambra came from under to the top under Peter Obi, the system of education in Anambra changed to excellent, he built many schools, equipped them, built IT centers in every secondary school, 25,000 laptops installed with full school syllables and books, generators, sick bays and internet connectivity, Obi donated 500 buses from local manufacturer Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company and distributed both public and private schools. industrialisation, Obi rebuilt Harbour industrial layout, one of the biggest industrial layout in Nigeria with good road network, under Peter many companies came to Anambra, such as Sab millar, Orenge drugs, IVM, Tiger Food, Stine rice and others , Anambra boast of good network of roads today because of Peter, he built many road both federal and state roads, Anambra witness highest number of employment both in government section and private. Obi setup best security network in Anambra, with local vigilante group, in all towns he bought trucks, licensed guns from police, fund them.
Those are what you called world class roads?I don't blame you,Nigerian leaders have made you used to mediocre roads.
Mr I have only two black shoes, one wristwatch and no house outside Onitsha has been proven to be the biggest liar after conman Buhari.
Re: Why I Support The Freezing Of Peter Obi Account by BeautifulMind2: 5:31am On Dec 10, 2018
litdutchboy:
Asml
More from health sector under Peter Obi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Support The Freezing Of Peter Obi Account by Amumaigwe: 5:35am On Dec 10, 2018
litdutchboy:

Cheers, I will keep exposing the fantastically corrupt politicians that turned Nigeria to one of the world's biggest shitholes through their monumental corruption.

Afonja, when will you exposed Mr.Tinubu?

1 Like

Re: Why I Support The Freezing Of Peter Obi Account by BeautifulMind2: 5:37am On Dec 10, 2018
litdutchboy:

[s]Those are what you called world class roads?I don't blame you,Nigerian leaders have made you used to mediocre roads.
Mr I have only two black shoes, one wristwatch and no house outside Onitsha has been proven to be the biggest liar after conman Buhari.[/s]
Obi was one of the richest Nigeria before he join politics, Next and other companies he owns has been existing before he venture into politics

Re: Why I Support The Freezing Of Peter Obi Account by Nobody: 5:38am On Dec 10, 2018
Amumaigwe:

Afonja, when will you exposed Mr.Tinubu?
I have already exposed ex drug baron Tifnubu who is supported sheepishly by the Low IQ youths that were deprived of good education due to looting of leaders such as Peter Obi and Tinubu.
Re: Why I Support The Freezing Of Peter Obi Account by Nobody: 5:40am On Dec 10, 2018
BeautifulMind2:

I am not disputing Peter Obi didn't embark on project. Even mega thieves Tifnubu and James Ibori have projects to show during their tenure.
All i'm say is compulsive liar Peter Obi accounts were frozen because they suspect the two Biggest malls he built in two major cities were proceeds from Anambra state coffers.
Re: Why I Support The Freezing Of Peter Obi Account by donttouchme: 5:41am On Dec 10, 2018
This op is high in oshogbo weed. Peter had become a billonaire before venturing into politics jn 2003. He made his first billion in 1989. He is the major(owner) share holder in fidelity bank. Owner of next plc. And many other businesses. In 2003, he declared his assets to tune of 230billion naira before becoming governor of anambra. Everybody can not be poor like you. Buhari's efcc is on a wide goose chase as usual. you better go and make money instead of supporting a poverty distribution plc(buhari).

5 Likes

Re: Why I Support The Freezing Of Peter Obi Account by Nobody: 5:44am On Dec 10, 2018
BeautifulMind2:

Obi was one of the richest Nigeria before he join politics, Next and other companies he owns has been existing before he venture into politics
Why didn't he build the biggest mall when he was one of the 'richest nigerians' why did he wait until he became Governor to build the two biggest malls in two major cities?
Most Nigerian politicians were wealthy before they came into politics like Atiku,Orji Kalu, Saraki, Igbinedion etc that didn't stop them from looting their states blind and cornering wealth. You don't understand Nigerian satanic and fantastically corrupt politicians. Their greed and materialistic tendencies knows no bounds.
Re: Why I Support The Freezing Of Peter Obi Account by BeautifulMind2: 5:45am On Dec 10, 2018
litdutchboy:

Re: Why I Support The Freezing Of Peter Obi Account by donttouchme: 5:48am On Dec 10, 2018
[s][/s]
litdutchboy:

Why didn't he build the biggest mall when he was one of the 'richest nigerians' why did he wait until he became Governor to build the two biggest malls in two major cities?
Most Nigerian politicians were wealthy before they came into politics like Atiku,Orji Kalu, Saraki, Igbinedion etc that didn't stop them from their their states blind and cornering wealth. You don't understand Nigerians satanic and fantastically corrupt politicians. Their greed and materialistic tendencies knows no bounds.
he stole from anambra state to establish fidelity bank and next shopping mall in south africa long before becoming governor.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Support The Freezing Of Peter Obi Account by odduduwa: 5:48am On Dec 10, 2018
BeautifulMind2:

the only problem I have here is you , you are seeing Yoruba written all over this post yet you wanna give the Muslim credence? come on bro those eweduans ain't worth no cent

2 Likes

Re: Why I Support The Freezing Of Peter Obi Account by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:49am On Dec 10, 2018
In summary it's now very obvious that Buhari aka Jubril from Sudan has low self esteem!

Him no get shame! He no dey even hide am undecided

I recall one caption here on Nairaland where Osibanjo was telling Buhari that nothing was found on Peter Obi but Buhari insisted that he should be brought in on the account that he denied Jesus 3 times grin grin grin

As funny as it was, the OP then knew how predictable the presidency was and he didn't disappoint!

He has security issues!

How did the person like that became the President of the most populous African country

People like Peter Obi has made Nigeria proud and everyone irrespective of the tribe has being testifying to this!

He should be celebrated!

Someone should please pass this message across to that Dullard since his hearing problems has suddenly improved! Not everyone will be as corrupt as he is!

We still have some good leaders and Peter Obi is an example!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Northern Hospitality At Its Best. / We Are Meeting In Senate Again – Akpabio Mocks Dino Melaye / Ibos Committed Pogrom And Genocide On Our Race, Niger Deltan Region

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.