Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,216 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Buhary Vs Goodluck: My Humble And Honest Submission - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhary Vs Goodluck: My Humble And Honest Submission (1125 Views)

Warning To Buhary: Touch Another Biafran And See The Zoo Burn / Buhary First Act: Relocation Of Army HQ: Is It Politics Or Strategy? / Goodbye Goodluck : My 5 Thing’s I’ll Miss About President Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhary Vs Goodluck: My Humble And Honest Submission by davies123: 11:05am On Dec 12, 2014
The purpose of this thread is not to throw abuses or punches or disrespect one another...only intelligent people who has valid,idelaistic and realistic points may participate.Thank you!

First let me make it clear that I love Goodluck simply because he is humble and a goodman despite desperate attempt to taint his image.

But i'm also a patrotic Nigerian who don't just want a better life for myself and other Nigerians but for the future generations.Therefore i'm ready to support a Muslim or Christian or Northerner or a Southerner if i'm persuaded he is going to deliver a better Nigeria.After all no be humility or Good man we go chop(*on a lighter note*)

Again,I would really have loved to support Buhari because of his persistent stance against corruption,but I have a problem here or a few questions if you will:

1)Why is the North so bent on holding on to power and desperate to get it back and ready to do anything for that?This bothers me.Is it true that they have "born to rule mentality?"

2)I have heard alot of criticism on GEJ performace and why he should be kicked out!But what did he do wrong when Yaradua was critcally ill and eventually died that some Cabals (mostly from the North)tried to deny him being the president?What was his crime?He wasnt the president then.So was it because he was clueless?or he was sponsoring Boko Haram?Or was hiring to many females into his cabinet?What exactly did he do wrong then?In my humble opinion i feel nothing has changed between then and now as per the reason he is being antagonised. I need answers

3)Why has/was he(GEJ) not given a level playing ground like OBJ and Yaradua?We would never know what the results would have been if some people didnt swear to make his tenure ungovernable or Boko Haram insurgency did not distract his administration or huge budget which would have been used for developmental programmes to be used in fighting an aimless war which is clearly politically motivated.

If GEJ was given a level playing ground it would be an ABC for Nigerians like me to vote him out.
I know some will say he is the Commander-In-Chief;But terrorism is the most difficult war to fight especially when the terrorists are virtually faceless and dont have a clear cut mandate or realistic cause for unrest...even advanced countries with hundreds of years of civilisation are still struggling with terrorism for decades!

4)Why is the oil riches from the Niger-Delta good enough for Nigerians but a leader from there is not good enough for Nigerians? Most parts of Bayelsa for eg remains in debris due to land,air,water polution from oil production and the Nigerian president from there is busy building amajari schools trying to please the North(in vain) while there is no much development in his own place.Are we having an issue of tribalism here?Or an issue of a smaller and minor tribe being pushed to the corner by the bigger more pupulated tribe?If not what exactly is the issue?

5)This is just to make a point and no intention to sound tribalistic; but the North has rulled Nigeria for about 40years and the West about 12 years(through Obj) making a total of 52years why was the issue of corruption and other problems facing Nigeria not resolved in all these years?Are we being realistic when we expect the current Administration to wipe off all our problems and sorrows in just one term?

6)What is the solution or mandate that Buhary has for Nigeria problems?
Yes we know there is corruption.We all know the issues.But can we know clear cut steps he wishes to take to curb corruption and other problems.Lets not forget this is not military rule where the president can wake up decide what goes on...you may have good intensions (like I would like to belieg GEJ did) but maybe frustrated with corrupt lawmakers and legislature who plays a vital role on what laws is passed or implemented...

I have so many other questions,these are just a few and if anyone can answer the above convincingly,then come 14th February 2015 my vote goes 100% to Buhary

3 Likes

Re: Buhary Vs Goodluck: My Humble And Honest Submission by SeverusSnape(m): 11:10am On Dec 12, 2014
Okay, We've (I've ) heard.

1 Like

Re: Buhary Vs Goodluck: My Humble And Honest Submission by ruffp: 11:20am On Dec 12, 2014
U r probably in ur teens hence the kinda questions u have posed is expected. I therefore refer u to any adult above 35 to educate u on events that transpired in our pursuit for democracy. No point typing plenty tins here,cuz its been answered again and again in various social media sites, sadly u also clearly don't read wide too!

2 Likes

Re: Buhary Vs Goodluck: My Humble And Honest Submission by huptin(m): 11:20am On Dec 12, 2014
I have so many other questions,these are just a few and if anyone can answer the above convincingly,then come 14th February 2015 my vote goes 100% to Buhary[/quote]

Let me summarise your write up,

1. You agree that GEJ has not performed well and you wont really mind having a change at this time.

2. But you want Nigerians to retain him based on sentiments and sympathy.

I expected you to come with more solid arguements that will point out how the interest of the majority of the people will be further protected by retaining GEJ, in that aspect you failed woefully.

Sympathy and sentiments does not save a nation, A focused, strong and completely detribalised leader does, can you honestly say That GEJ possesses just one of those attributes?

6 Likes

Re: Buhary Vs Goodluck: My Humble And Honest Submission by davies123: 11:48am On Dec 12, 2014
ruffp:
U r probably in ur teens hence the kinda questions u have posed is expected. I therefore refer u to any adult above 35 to educate u on events that transpired in our pursuit for democracy. No point typing plenty tins here,cuz its been answered again and again in various social media sites, sadly u also clearly don't read wide too!

You have not answered any of the questions
Re: Buhary Vs Goodluck: My Humble And Honest Submission by davies123: 11:49am On Dec 12, 2014
huptin:

I have so many other questions,these are just a few and if anyone can answer the above convincingly,then come 14th February 2015 my vote goes 100% to Buhary

Let me summarise your write up,

1. You agree that GEJ has not performed well and you wont really mind having a change at this time.

2. But you want Nigerians to retain him based on sentiments and sympathy.

I expected you to come with more solid arguements that will point out how the interest of the majority of the people will be further protected by retaining GEJ, in that aspect you failed woefully.

Sympathy and sentiments does not save a nation, A focused, strong and completely detribalised leader does, can you honestly say That GEJ possesses just one of those attributes?

Just answer the questions above
Re: Buhary Vs Goodluck: My Humble And Honest Submission by ruffp: 12:02pm On Dec 12, 2014
davies123:

1. Did u know that it was the northerners that collectively decided to handover power to a southerner( obasanjo) in 1999? U clearly dont know....fyi, they sponsored Obj who was as broke as i am now n practically gave him power. Based on that....d same PDP-whose founding fathers where mainly northeners and southerners (with loyalties to the north) decided on rotational presidency. 2terms of 4yrs to the north and same for the south. As far as the agreement was concerned,nigeria was beginning afresh on a clean slate(democratically). Now obj finished the 8yrs for the south without any hassle and handed over to the north(yar'adua) who sadly died b4 the completion of the 8yrs assigned to the north.....and ur clueless brother came up and the rest is history. Now based on the foregoing do u still think the northerner is how u perceive him to be? If they are so power-drunk they probably wouldnt have handed Obj power on a platter would dey? Infact it is the power-drunkeness of ur SS brother that led us to this point cuz if he had a nationalistic view of the presidency he shd have completed yar'adua's 1st term and ensured that he put in place the machinery for a free,fair and credible election with the view that power should go bac to the north so that they can complete the 2nd part of yar'adua's administration which was trucated.
Re: Buhary Vs Goodluck: My Humble And Honest Submission by ifuckpussy(f): 12:02pm On Dec 12, 2014
3)[b]Why has/was he(GEJ) not given a level playing ground like OBJ and Yaradua?[/b]We would never know what the results would have been if some people didnt swear to make his tenure ungovernable or Boko Haram insurgency did not distract his administration or huge budget which would have been used for developmental programmes to be used in fighting an aimless war which is clearly politically motivated.
Need i remind you that OBJ aswell wasnt given a leveled playing ground as he aswell had the issue of Militancy in the SS. Musa Yar'adua on the other hand inherited this problem but was wise enough to bring an end to it.

GEJ is the president, the C-in-C, he know who boko haram are, he know their sponsors, that was evident in some of his speeches about the insurgent. As they say, once you know what your problem is, such problem is half solved, but as with GEJ, the problem is doubled.
Re: Buhary Vs Goodluck: My Humble And Honest Submission by ruffp: 12:17pm On Dec 12, 2014
davies123:

If u are as sound as u want us to beliv then u shd see the answers to ur questions 2-5 in my other response. Now to the issue of corruption. Nigeria's woes begin and end with that word. Inflated contract sums-monies spent on various sub-standard projects can create a mini dubai in vertually all state capitals in nigeria. To tackle it in a nutshell,only one method can work: a top to bottom approach. corruption is so deep rooted that checking it can only come when leaders at all levels decide to punish those who are regardless of who they are. Obj did it.....yes u can say he was somewht selective,but the bottomline remains that he fought corruption. What has gej done? He hasnt fought it,n to make matters worse,he pardoned the ones obj managed to punish. What a waste of the huge resources used to ensure they wia punished. Wen asked abt corruption recently,obj said...."When the head of a fish is rotten,what else do u except of the body". We have come to that stage where we need a leader with a sound past. So far,Buhari i can say with all authority has almost none. If he did, his credibility would have been challenged with the facts for everyone to see. Also refer to Obj's recent autobiography 'MY WATCH'. Read up what Obasanjo had to say about Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Buhary Vs Goodluck: My Humble And Honest Submission by nuclearboy(m): 12:33pm On Dec 12, 2014
All Jonathan had to do was stay clean. The issues of pension scam, immigration scam, Diezani 10 billion jet scam, Buruji Kashamu as pal, Alam 's pardon, witch - hunting SLS for exposing huge sums being missing etc have been a problem.

Then, the man has said he KNOWS who is sponsoring Boko Haram a few times. But has done nothing about them

So, is it when bh gets to Lagos I should be sscared?

He had a lot of opportunities. .... seems he wasted all

but let's ask YOU, OP, a question ..... If the stuff that's been happening to innocent women and children in the NEW had been happening to his own Ijaws village, would he have handled it the same? ?? ..... which is why he's seen as Ijaw, not Nigerian and thus uncaring
Re: Buhary Vs Goodluck: My Humble And Honest Submission by Moyos: 12:36pm On Dec 12, 2014
MAKE YOUR VOTE COUNT!!!

The popular behavioural interviews which is fast gaining acceptance among recruiters are based on the assumption that the most accurate predictor of future performance is past performance in similar situations. I agree. In line with this, here are the one major reason and ten others why you should vote Buhari (GMB) as President in 2015:

The major reason: Buhari has shown that he can fight corruption
The single greatest malady threatening to strangulate this nation is corruption. It is both the nucleus and the lifeblood of all other disorders endangering us as a people, and casting us in the mould of an unserious nation in the eyes of the world. It is from corruption that all other obvious backward-pulling forces derive their strength. And to simply say it the way it is, most of our leaders are barefaced thieves. They are totally undisguised in their business of stealing the nation to stupor.
It is in his ability to wrestle the monster of corruption to the ground and pull out the nation from its destructive grip that GMB shines brighter than all his opponents, whether within his own political party, the APC, or in the ruling party, the PDP. That Buhari is honest, scrupulous, and totally trustworthy is beyond disputation. All along, not a single shred of evidence has been brought forward to counter his assertion that he has never stolen public funds. In GMB, we are blessed with a Nigerian politician that has not filled his pockets with our commonwealth, a rare success story!
Other reasons:
• Buhari’s economic prowess as military Head of State has been touted as the best economic initiative this nation has ever recorded. Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, former Governor of the Central Bank, called it Buharinomics. His government is revered for its ability to keep the country afloat by making progress through sheer economic ingenuity even when it rejected IMF loan and refused to adopt IMF conditionalities to devalue the Naira..

• His government is praised for its gain in reducing inflation by refusing to devalue the Nigerian Naira, curbing imports of needless goods, curtailing oil theft and using counter trade policy to barter seized illegally bunkered crude oil for needful goods like machineries, enabling it to export above its OPEC quota. His practical economic policies reduced inflation from 23 per cent to 4 per cent within 20 months and kept the Naira stronger than the Dollar with an exchange rate of N1 to $1.4.

• GMB launched the War Against Indiscipline (WAI) as a Head of State and the policy won him international applause, as a result of its effectiveness. He became a renowned anti-corruption Czar, as a result of his zero tolerance to corruption, which reduced the menace to its barest minimum while he was Head of State.

• Under his leadership as Head of State, both Warri and Kaduna Refineries were built. He also drew up the blueprint for the country’s petrochemical and liquefied natural gas programmes — all without a hint of scandal.

• Buhari’s record as head of Petroleum Trust Fund is untainted and examplary. As the Executive Chairman, Petroleum (Special) Trust Fund, Buhari masterminded and spearheaded the construction of 20 oil depots throughout the country, a project involving over 3,200 kilometres of pipelines. A 1998 report in New African praised the PTF under Buhari for its transparency, calling it a rare "success story".

• In 2002, Buhari founded a democratic and political movement — The Buhari Organisation, otherwise known as Project Nigeria, which introduced a new concept into Nigerian politics: Service to the people.

• Buhari has a penchant for integrity and transparency — a virtue that is lacking in most Nigerian politicians today. Hence, he beats his chest publicly that he has never stolen a kobo of public funds in all the positions he has occupied and challenged anyone, who has evidence to the contrary to disclose and till date nobody has come forward with evidence.

• Buhari as a military commander in Borno State in the 80’s helped conquer an insurgent group that was troubling that region of the country. When he was Head of State, he gave the orders that quelled the Maitatsine uprising. The Boko Haram uprsing, an offshoot of Maitatsine, is certain to be curtailed by this experienced military officer if voted into office.

• Buhari has a thing for attracting the best of human associates and permits them the liberty to function. Many owe the success of Buhari’s regime in 1984 to the ingenuity of the late Brig. Gen. Tunde Idiagbon. Buhari should however be credited for allowing his associates to function; a fit he is likely to repeat with individuals like Raji Fashola (present Gov’ of Lagos State), Mallam Nasir El-Rufai (former Minister of the FCT), Dr. Obi Ezekwesili, and a host of other individuals who are at the moment supporting his candidacy and might be working in his government.

• The major lie peddled by the ruling part against GMB is that he is an Islamic extremist but there is no evidence to support this. Many of his associates and subordinates in his private life are Christians. The statements credited to Buhari, which his detractors use to label him an Islamic fundamentalist, simply tell of an individual who is true to himself and his faith, and who will not compromise his faith for political advantage

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhary Vs Goodluck: My Humble And Honest Submission by Nobody: 12:37pm On Dec 12, 2014
davies123:
The purpose of this thread is not throw abuses or punches or disrespect one another...only intelligent people who has valid,idelaistic and realistic points may participate.Thank you!

First let me make it clear that I love Goodluck simply because he is humble and a goodman despite desperate attempt to taint his image.

But i'm also a patrotic Nigerian who don't just want a better life for myself and other Nigerians but for the future generations.Therefore i'm ready to support a Muslim or Christian or Northerner or a Southerner if i'm persuaded he is going to deliver a better Nigeria.After all no be humility or Good man we go chop(*on a lighter note*)

Again,I would really have loved to support Buhari because of his persistent stance against corruption,but I have a problem here or a few questions if you will:

1)Why is the North so bent on holding on to power and desperate to get it back and ready to do anything for that?This bothers me.Is it true that they have "born to rule mentality?"

2)I have heard alot of criticism on GEJ performace and why he should be kicked out!But what did he do wrong when Yaradua was critcally ill and eventually died that some Cabals (mostly from the North)tried to deny him being the president?What was his crime?He wasnt the president then.So was it because he was clueless?or he was sponsoring Boko Haram?Or was hiring to many females into his cabinet?What exactly did he do wrong then?In my humble opinion i feel nothing has changed between then and now as per the reason he is being antagonised. I need answers

3)Why has/was he(GEJ) not given a level playing ground like OBJ and Yaradua?We would never know what the results would have been if some people didnt swear to make his tenure ungovernable or Boko Haram insurgency did not distract his administration or huge budget which would have been used for developmental programmes to be used in fighting an aimless war which is clearly politically motivated.

If GEJ was given a level playing ground it would be an ABC for Nigerians like me to vote him out.
I know some will say he is the Commander-In-Chief;But terrorism is the most difficult war to fight especially when the terrorists are virtually faceless and dont have a clear cut mandate or realistic cause for unrest...even advanced countries with hundreds of years of civilisation are still struggling with terrorism for decades!

4)Why is the oil riches from the Niger-Delta good enough for Nigerians but a leader from there is not good enough for Nigerians? Most parts of Bayelsa for eg remains in debris due to land,air,water polution from oil production and the Nigerian president from there is busy building amajari schools trying to please the North(in vain) while there is no much development in his own place.Are we having an issue of tribalism here?Or an issue of a smaller and minor tribe being pushed to the corner by the bigger more pupulated tribe?If not what exactly is the issue?

5)This is just to make a point and no intention to sound tribalistic; but the North has rulled Nigeria for about 40years and the West about 12 years(through Obj) making a total of 52years why was the issue of corruption and other problems facing Nigeria not resolved in all these years?Are we being realistic when we expect the current Administration to wipe off all our problems and sorrows in just one term?

Yes we know there is corruption.We all know the issues.But can we know clear cut steps he wishes to take to curb corruption and other problems.Lets not forget this is not military rule where the president can wake up decide what goes on...you may have good intensions (like I would like to belieg GEJ did) but maybe frustrated with corrupt lawmakers and legislature who plays a vital role on what laws is passed or implemented...

Before God and man, the truth is that u sound tribalistic..
Re: Buhary Vs Goodluck: My Humble And Honest Submission by brownlord2: 12:49pm On Dec 12, 2014
ruffp:

1. Did u know that it was the northerners that collectively decided to handover power to a southerner( obasanjo) in 1999? U clearly dont know....fyi, they sponsored Obj who was as broke as i am now n practically gave him power. Based on that....d same PDP-whose founding fathers where mainly northeners and southerners (with loyalties to the north) decided on rotational presidency. 2terms of 4yrs to the north and same for the south. As far as the agreement was concerned,nigeria was beginning afresh on a clean slate(democratically). Now obj finished the 8yrs for the south without any hassle and handed over to the north(yar'adua) who sadly died b4 the completion of the 8yrs assigned to the north.....and ur clueless brother came up and the rest is history. Now based on the foregoing do u still think the northerner is how u perceive him to be? If they are so power-drunk they probably wouldnt have handed Obj power on a platter would dey? Infact it is the power-drunkeness of ur SS brother that led us to this point cuz if he had a nationalistic view of the presidency he shd have completed yar'adua's 1st term and ensured that he put in place the machinery for a free,fair and credible election with the view that power should go bac to the north so that they can complete the 2nd part of yar'adua's administration which was trucated.

What is he saying?
Re: Buhary Vs Goodluck: My Humble And Honest Submission by ruffp: 1:44pm On Dec 12, 2014
brownlord2:

What is he saying?

Dont expect u to understand.
Re: Buhary Vs Goodluck: My Humble And Honest Submission by omowolewa: 1:52pm On Dec 12, 2014
CONGRATULATIONS! , YOU'RE SELECTED FOR MTN XTRATIME: YOU CAN NOW BORROW CREDIT WHEN YOUR BALANCE RUNS LOW. SIMPLY DIAL *606# AND PRESS 2 TO ACCESS IT!

davies123:
The purpose of this thread is not throw abuses or punches or disrespect one another...only intelligent people who has valid,idelaistic and realistic points may participate.Thank you!

Re: Buhary Vs Goodluck: My Humble And Honest Submission by Nobody: 1:58pm On Dec 12, 2014
Seun is it possible for you to make the share button in such a way that we can share posts on facebook and twitter etc?
Sensible comments I need to share outside nairaland, pls look into this.
Re: Buhary Vs Goodluck: My Humble And Honest Submission by davies123: 5:32pm On Dec 12, 2014
I will also add this in response to those branding GEJ as uncharismatic:

Buhari himself doesnt seem so full of charisma either at least not after his interview on channels TV the other day.
Infact he is also easily manipulated by stronger characters working under him,good example being his idiagbon who was more or less and indirectly the head of states
Re: Buhary Vs Goodluck: My Humble And Honest Submission by Kolade354(m): 5:50pm On Dec 12, 2014
davies123:

where were you when he gave us new year gift by increasing fuel price from #65 to #97. Ordinary election in my state(osun-state to be precise) if you see number of armoured vehicles,security personnel,i wonder why he cant deploy those heavy security men to borno but rather deploy those men to my state to favour anoda thug which eventually lose. During his manifesto he promised us stable electricity...........I cant calculate how much i spend on fuel every month on my generator. Sometimes you can sense a working politician with is action but i dont think jonathan is truly working. He may win in Nigeria because most nigerians are daft and are blinded by ethnicity and religious affilation....But he has already lost my Vote........I will vote buhari next year cos i believe nobody i repeat nobody can islamize nigeria or impose sharia law because nigeria is a complex entity.......They are just tainting buhari.
Re: Buhary Vs Goodluck: My Humble And Honest Submission by major466(m): 6:08pm On Dec 12, 2014
This is one of the best post I have seen on Nairaland. Good questions raised by the Op. Those opposing GEJ are only doing it out of hate and bitterness.

(1) (Reply)

Brand New From P-square Ft. Magnus Abe / (Gmb Vs Gej) Nairalands Opinion Poll On 2015 Nigerian Presidential Election / What Prominents Nigerian's Say About Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.