Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,575 members, 7,812,871 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

Buhary First Act: Relocation Of Army HQ: Is It Politics Or Strategy? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhary First Act: Relocation Of Army HQ: Is It Politics Or Strategy? (2999 Views)

How Chief-Of-Army-Staff Buratai Spent His Sallah(pics / Presidency Orders Relocation Of $500m Port Project To Bayelsa / Beakingnews: BBC Reporting PDP HQ Is Dead - Only Security Present, APC Buzzing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhary First Act: Relocation Of Army HQ: Is It Politics Or Strategy? by morereb10: 1:07pm On May 29, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari said in his inauguration speech that until Boko Haram is defeated the army headquarters will be situated in Maiduguri, not in Abuja.

Buhari’s first decision as president of Nigeria is the order to relocate the military command centre from Abuja to Maiduguri immediately. ”The military command centre will not be situated in Abuja, but Maiduguri until Boko Haram is defeated”, he said.

Is this a good move? I as a Nigeria believe the Army can discharge its duties regardless of the location of their Head Quarters. I personally is inclined to think that this is politically motivated. - See more at: http://www.exlinklodge.com/2015/05/buhari-orders-immediate-relocation-of.html#sthash.j2Q03NZ4.dpuf

1 Like

Re: Buhary First Act: Relocation Of Army HQ: Is It Politics Or Strategy? by excellentmomma(f): 1:10pm On May 29, 2015
Lobatan! cheesy

O seti go
Re: Buhary First Act: Relocation Of Army HQ: Is It Politics Or Strategy? by socialmediaman: 1:12pm On May 29, 2015
It's temporary, but by Doing this, the army command will realize that if they don't defeat the insurgency, it will defeat them. Knowing that their generals are now with them, the boys will become more motivated to fight, but they'll certainly maintain an active administrative command in Abuja within this period. This is normal, for instance, the U.S. has military bases in Singapore, Japan, South Korea etc for rapid response in case of rumble in Asia from enemy territory

10 Likes

Re: Buhary First Act: Relocation Of Army HQ: Is It Politics Or Strategy? by GboyegaD(m): 1:14pm On May 29, 2015
It is highly strategic. Once the top officers realize they are also endangered, they will think of a better strategy to end the menace.

11 Likes

Re: Buhary First Act: Relocation Of Army HQ: Is It Politics Or Strategy? by TheOtherview: 1:23pm On May 29, 2015
In his speech, Buhari described the electricity shortages as “a national shame” and called Boko Haram “a godless group that is as far away from Islam as you can imagine.”

The military command coordinating the fight against Boko Haram will be moved from Abuja to Maiduguri, capital of the northeastern state of Borno where the insurgents have concentrated their attacks, Buhari said.

“We cannot claim to have defeated Boko Haram without rescuing the Chibok girls and all the other innocent persons held hostage by the insurgents,” he said.

Source: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-05-29/buhari-becomes-nigeria-president-facing-oil-crunch-islamist-war

@OP, please show me where he made a decision to relocate the Army HQ. I am waiting patiently.

1 Like

Re: Buhary First Act: Relocation Of Army HQ: Is It Politics Or Strategy? by papoose999(m): 1:26pm On May 29, 2015
TheOtherview:

Source: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-05-29/buhari-becomes-nigeria-president-facing-oil-crunch-islamist-war

@OP, please show me where he made a decision to relocate the Army HQ. I am waiting patiently.
smh...u dey sleep abi
Re: Buhary First Act: Relocation Of Army HQ: Is It Politics Or Strategy? by dckelvin(m): 1:26pm On May 29, 2015
NIGERIA IS ABOUT TO GO INTO A REAL TIME CIVIL WAR AND DIVIDE. THAT IS WHY HE DID IT. WHY DO YOU THINK HE SPENT MORE THAN TWO DAYS IN UK BEFORE THE HANDOVER?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhary First Act: Relocation Of Army HQ: Is It Politics Or Strategy? by TheOtherview: 1:29pm On May 29, 2015
papoose999:
smh...u dey sleep abi

Why don't you provide a response to the frigging question, smart alec?

1 Like

Re: Buhary First Act: Relocation Of Army HQ: Is It Politics Or Strategy? by papoose999(m): 1:33pm On May 29, 2015
TheOtherview:

Why don't you provide a response to the frigging question, smart alec?
www.nairaland.com/2344370/command-centre-abuja-relocate-maiduguri
Re: Buhary First Act: Relocation Of Army HQ: Is It Politics Or Strategy? by TheOtherview: 1:40pm On May 29, 2015
papoose999:
www.nairaland.com/2344370/command-centre-abuja-relocate-maiduguri

You must be especially slow, if you have to refer me to one individual's account of what was said, elsewhere; when I purposely highlighted the entity that has been earmarked for a move on this thread.

What is it with mo.rrons on NL who are quick to engage foot-in-the-mouth, in the mistaken belief that they are any good at insulting others?

5 Likes

Re: Buhary First Act: Relocation Of Army HQ: Is It Politics Or Strategy? by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 29, 2015
TheOtherview:

listen to news,una no go listen,it's people like you that act on hearsay and turn it into propaganda without even knowing what u are fighting for...

1 Like

Re: Buhary First Act: Relocation Of Army HQ: Is It Politics Or Strategy? by TheOtherview: 1:42pm On May 29, 2015
southniyikaye:
listen to news,una no go listen,it's people like you that act on hearsay and turn it into propaganda without even knowing what u are fighting for...

Here comes another one who knows not what an Army HQ looks like.

4 Likes

Re: Buhary First Act: Relocation Of Army HQ: Is It Politics Or Strategy? by papoose999(m): 1:44pm On May 29, 2015
TheOtherview:

You must be especially slow if you have to refer me to one individual's account of what was said, elsewhere, when I purposely highlighted the entity that has been earmarked for a move on this thread.

What is it with mo.rrons on NL who are quick to engage foot-in-the-mouth, in the mistaken belief that they are any good at insulting others?

guy relax u takn it personal its obvious dia was no lyt in ur houz nd u no get money to buy fuel i watchd d ceremony live...buhari has relocatd d military base to borno so as to fyt boko haram
Re: Buhary First Act: Relocation Of Army HQ: Is It Politics Or Strategy? by papoose999(m): 1:45pm On May 29, 2015
TheOtherview:

Here comes another one who knows not what an Army HQ looks like.
aswear i no knw d guy prob e b lyk say e no undastnd english
Re: Buhary First Act: Relocation Of Army HQ: Is It Politics Or Strategy? by ndcide(m): 1:46pm On May 29, 2015
It's all politics. Will he say that if we have multiple suicide bombings across various locations, States and Abuja?

Too simplistic for any one with obvious sentiment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhary First Act: Relocation Of Army HQ: Is It Politics Or Strategy? by chinchum(m): 1:46pm On May 29, 2015
dckelvin:
NIGERIA IS ABOUT TO GO INTO A REAL TIME CIVIL WAR AND DIVIDE.
THAT IS WHY HE DID IT.
WHY DO YOU THINK HE SPENT MORE THAN TWO DAYS IN UK BEFORE THE HANDOVER?
Oh, please !, just shut it .

Stop this sickening bigoted rubbish sad sad sad angry

1 Like

Re: Buhary First Act: Relocation Of Army HQ: Is It Politics Or Strategy? by TheOtherview: 1:48pm On May 29, 2015
papoose999:
guy relax u takn it personal its obvious dia was no lyt in ur houz nd u no get money to buy fuel i watchd d ceremony live...buhari has relocatd d military base to borno so as to fyt boko haram

Bare jokes - this one.

Well, I blame whatever schooling you received for your inability to distinguish the difference between Army HQ and Military command coordinating the fight against Boko Haram.

You've never heard of a command being moved to a war theatre before?

4 Likes

Re: Buhary First Act: Relocation Of Army HQ: Is It Politics Or Strategy? by PassingShot(m): 1:50pm On May 29, 2015
Is command center same as Defense HQ?

3 Likes

Re: Buhary First Act: Relocation Of Army HQ: Is It Politics Or Strategy? by papoose999(m): 1:51pm On May 29, 2015
TheOtherview:

Bare jokes - this one.

Well, I blame whatever schooling you received for your inability to distinguish the difference between Army HQ and Military command coordinating the fight against Boko Haram.

You've never heard of a command being moved to a war theatre before?

lol guy its obvious u dnt knw d meanin of army nd military...try nd google it u re just disturbn ur brain
Re: Buhary First Act: Relocation Of Army HQ: Is It Politics Or Strategy? by blackmantis: 2:04pm On May 29, 2015
What politics is there when you tell a farmer to relocate near a farm?

1 Like

Re: Buhary First Act: Relocation Of Army HQ: Is It Politics Or Strategy? by dckelvin(m): 2:43pm On May 29, 2015
chinchum:
Oh, please !, just shut it .
Stop this sickening bigoted rubbish sad sad sad angry
LOLs ARE U SCARED OF CIVIL WAR? hahaaha.
Re: Buhary First Act: Relocation Of Army HQ: Is It Politics Or Strategy? by Vesuvius(m): 2:58pm On May 29, 2015
Admixture of the duo.
Re: Buhary First Act: Relocation Of Army HQ: Is It Politics Or Strategy? by tayoxx(m): 3:05pm On May 29, 2015
defence headquarters is different from command center o...I tire for una self

2 Likes

Re: Buhary First Act: Relocation Of Army HQ: Is It Politics Or Strategy? by kellyJames5(m): 3:22pm On May 29, 2015
Buhari relocated Command centre that gives instructions to the troop on ground to Bornu not Defense HQ.

2 Likes

Re: Buhary First Act: Relocation Of Army HQ: Is It Politics Or Strategy? by ichidodo: 3:30pm On May 29, 2015
Tis not strategy but common sense from the Illiterate,given his military background and experience,one should expect nothing less.
Re: Buhary First Act: Relocation Of Army HQ: Is It Politics Or Strategy? by TheOtherview: 3:36pm On May 29, 2015
ichidodo:
Tis not strategy but common sense from the Illiterate,given his military background and experience,one should expect nothing less.

You better get used to having an Illiterate President lest you develop HBP before your time cheesy

illiterate

ɪˈlɪt(ə)rət/Submit
adjective
1. unable to read or write.
"his parents were illiterate"
synonyms: unable to read or write, unlettered, analphabetic, functionally illiterate
"he was no illiterate peasant"
antonyms: literate
ignorant in a particular subject or activity.
"the extent to which voters are politically illiterate"
synonyms: ignorant, unknowledgeable, uneducated, untaught, unschooled, untutored, untrained, uninstructed, uninformed, unlearned, unread, unenlightened, benighted, backward; literarynescient
"a politically illiterate youth"
(of a piece of writing) showing a lack of education; badly written.
"as you can see, I have corrected your misspelt, illiterate letter"

noun
noun: illiterate; plural noun: illiterates
1. a person who is unable to read or write.

3 Likes

Re: Buhary First Act: Relocation Of Army HQ: Is It Politics Or Strategy? by chiedu7: 5:46pm On May 29, 2015
.[size=14pt]GMB YOU SOUND CONFUSED ALREADY
YOU ASKED THE FED GOVT TO STOP KILLING BOKO HARAM.
SO YOU CAN GET ELECTED.
NOW YOU WON!
YOU NOW WHAT THE ARMY TO RELOCATE THERE?

IF THEY DONT KILL BOKO HARAM MEMBERS WHY WILL THEY RELOCATE?
[/size]

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/stop-killing-boko-haram-members-buhari-tells-fg/

2 Likes

Re: Buhary First Act: Relocation Of Army HQ: Is It Politics Or Strategy? by morereb10: 7:40pm On May 29, 2015
socialmediaman:
It's temporary, but by Doing this, the army command will realize that if they don't defeat the insurgency, it will defeat them. Knowing that their generals are now with them, the boys will become more motivated to fight, but they'll certainly maintain an active administrative command in Abuja within this period. This is normal, for instance, the U.S. has military bases in Singapore, Japan, South Korea etc for rapid response in case of rumble in Asia from enemy territory

are u saying their is no military base in makurdi?

1 Like

Re: Buhary First Act: Relocation Of Army HQ: Is It Politics Or Strategy? by socialmediaman: 7:54pm On May 29, 2015
morereb10:

are u saying their is no military base in makurdi?

Maiduguri has a military base so there's no point going to Makurdi. I Don't get what you're implying, I mentioned those countries cos that's the closest points US legally has military bases to control operations in Asia

(1) (Reply)

Abiola Was One Of Those Who Did Not Allow Awolowo To Reach His Goal_( Late Ooni) / Read What Obama Said About President Buhari And Nigeria / The Real Reason Buhari Is Desperate To Sale Oil & Gas Assets In Niger Delta!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.