Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,474 members, 7,850,631 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:26 AM

How Can President Jonathan Defeat Gen. Buhari In 2015 - Doing My Maths - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Can President Jonathan Defeat Gen. Buhari In 2015 - Doing My Maths (1009 Views)

How World Leaders Plotted Jonathan's Defeat / Amaechi Finally Speaks On Jonathan's Defeat By Buhari / Meet the Five Architects Of Jonathan’s Defeat. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can President Jonathan Defeat Gen. Buhari In 2015 - Doing My Maths by xtanburg: 11:29am On Dec 12, 2014
Been pondering over this 2011 election result, the data here on (http://nigeriaelections.org/presidential.php) is a food for thought really.

How can President Jonathan defeat Gen. Buhari in 2015?.

Wait a minute, President Jonathan had more support than Gen. Buhari in 2011; yet overall, President Jonathan had 58.89% as against Gen. Buhari's 31.89%.

Gen. Buhari contested solely on the CPC platform, a not too popular political party and polled over 12 Million votes being 31.89% of all the total vote cast in 2011 beating the ACN - 5.41%, ANPP - 2.40%, and other political parties - 1.32%.

In 2011, The margin between President Jonathan and Gen. Buhari in 2011 was 27% ( 58.89% - 31.89%). Whence President Jonathan enjoyed more popularity across all region and caught the heart of the people because of his ill-treatment by the Cabals who did not want his emergence as President after President Yar-adua's demise and coupled with the fact that he had no shoes. Nigerians were sympathetic and compassionate, hence their vote and massive support for him(GEJ).

Now what do you think about the current trend in the polity? Do you think President Jonathan will still defeat Gen. Buhari? or will the table be turned around now, since majority of President Jonathan's supporters have defected to the APC and more young people, even the old and elderly are more politically aware than in 2011 and are disgruntled about President Jonathan's style of governance which has been characterized with gross misappropriation, clueless and corrupt persons around him.

Now More persons are routing for Gen. Buhari as compared to President Jonathan. Will the merger between other political parties (ACN, CPC, ANPP, a faction of APGA) and the votes of disgruntled Nigerians who previously voted President Jonathan in 2011 now make up this 27% in 2015 and more, or will President Jonathan still cushion this threat and still come out smoking by defeating Gen. Buhari out-rightly?.

Remember, 2011 was quite close for Gen.Buhari even against all odds.

#myhelicopterview... it will be a tight contest really which may result into a run-off. Only if ofcourse President Jonathan will discard his "one man one vote principle" and do otherwise.........( RIG )

1 Like

Re: How Can President Jonathan Defeat Gen. Buhari In 2015 - Doing My Maths by Papertrail11(m): 11:40am On Dec 12, 2014
whether ionathan likes it or not he cant g3t those same vote he got in 2011 north will vote hard buhari is 3times more popular than he is now. And the northern people believe he is the voice 12 million otes will turn to 22.2 south west will make this up as well as ss and se.

Ghe truth is that jonathans image has been tainted there is little he can do. I still beleived tukur would have helped him more cos he was the tinubu in apc very cosmopolitan person-blends well and connect with errone in the society.

If I were jona I will give to akpabio to run.
Chibok girls are there.....we are winning the war because say u think sae na premiership abi

2 Likes

Re: How Can President Jonathan Defeat Gen. Buhari In 2015 - Doing My Maths by Nobody: 11:41am On Dec 12, 2014
Op wait loking for ma calculator
Re: How Can President Jonathan Defeat Gen. Buhari In 2015 - Doing My Maths by dryakson(m): 11:48am On Dec 12, 2014
OK. Ooo
Re: How Can President Jonathan Defeat Gen. Buhari In 2015 - Doing My Maths by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 12, 2014
Lol, maths indeed. Nigerians have found their X
X = GMB
Re: How Can President Jonathan Defeat Gen. Buhari In 2015 - Doing My Maths by means(m): 12:59pm On Dec 12, 2014
No supporter of GEJ can beat his chest abt 2015 elections. A lot of things av changed.
Disunity in PDP
Merging of parties to form APC
Defection of big guns
Stronger opposition and in effect better checkmating of rigging
GMB always a big fish to fry.
Wiser and better informed electorate.
APC gov rated better performers
No more sentimwnt. I tell u it will take day ligjt robbery and collusion with armed forces for GEJ to beat GMB this time.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Amaechi Emerges Winner In The Best Performing Nigerian Governors Polls / Buhari Is ill; Cancels Campaign In Edo State! / Matters Arising About Buhari's Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.