Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,401 members, 7,954,584 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:44 PM

Gtbank Is Indemnifying Itself From Transactions - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gtbank Is Indemnifying Itself From Transactions (1030 Views)

Man Strips Unclad Inside Gtbank As His Money Vanished From His Account (video) / TSA Freezes Interbank Market, Bank Transactions FROZEN!! / Segun Agbaje (GtBank) Is "African Banker Of The Year 2012" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gtbank Is Indemnifying Itself From Transactions by slightlyMad(f): 3:40pm On Dec 12, 2014
Is this bank making any sense please.

How can a bank claim that if a transaction fails from their part during processing, all because i asked them to.
i should be liable and that if i drag them to court and the court finds the bank guilty,
the bank will simply at their discretion empty all accounts they feel is related to the transaction initiator to cover their loss from such judgement?

the way they log us out every minute proves their IT team knows next to nothing about building secure web app.
paypal wont log you out like that
what a bank.

Re: Gtbank Is Indemnifying Itself From Transactions by StPete: 3:55pm On Dec 12, 2014
GTBank plc, stealing people's money since 1980
Re: Gtbank Is Indemnifying Itself From Transactions by CRAZYMADMAN(m): 3:58pm On Dec 12, 2014
it would seem that they've had unpleasant experiences in the past and are keen to not let history repeat itself
Re: Gtbank Is Indemnifying Itself From Transactions by hahn(m): 4:09pm On Dec 12, 2014
CRAZYMADMAN:
it would seem that they've had unpleasant experiences in the past and are keen to not let history repeat itself

Sensible wise words from a crazymadman
Re: Gtbank Is Indemnifying Itself From Transactions by SkyRider1(m): 4:18pm On Dec 12, 2014
That bank is gross, so much arrogance.

Imagine double billing someone on search fee and refusing to cancel the wrong billing. Worse they keep billing him monthly for "debit interest capitalized"

My guy being sharp just left the account for them.

After all there are many fishes in the air and many birds in the ocean.
Re: Gtbank Is Indemnifying Itself From Transactions by abhosts(m): 5:02pm On Dec 12, 2014
Their new policy is most likely an indication that Some of their Customers have started instituting legal proceedings against GTbank.
Re: Gtbank Is Indemnifying Itself From Transactions by yomalex(m): 10:17pm On Dec 12, 2014
Case in point may be the doctor that sued first bank and just got judgement, event was from 2006 I think.
Re: Gtbank Is Indemnifying Itself From Transactions by mfm04622: 9:58am On Dec 13, 2014
What they mean is if you commit fraud and the bank has to refund the fraudulent money to real owner, they have the right to debit all your accounts they know, not only the one you used in committing the fraud because they know fraudulent money is never left in the account used to perpetrate the fraud. If you are not fraudulent, nothing to worry about
Re: Gtbank Is Indemnifying Itself From Transactions by einsteino(m): 5:41pm On Dec 16, 2014
UBA made me sign a document that indemnifies them before they activated my online banking

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help Suggest Business Location / Ewen Chia's Fast Track Cash Review / Meet Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire, LADI DELANO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.