Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,244 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Segun Agbaje (GtBank) Is "African Banker Of The Year 2012" - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Segun Agbaje (GtBank) Is "African Banker Of The Year 2012" (6954 Views)

Naira Needs Devaluation - Segun Agbaje, GTBank CEO / Segun Agbaje Wins CEO Of The Year In London / Segun Agbaje Is 2013 African Banker Of The Year. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Segun Agbaje (GtBank) Is "African Banker Of The Year 2012" by mukina2: 9:04am On Jun 01, 2012
Managing Director/CEO of Guaranty Trust Bank plc, Mr. Segun Agbaje has been conferred with the 2012 African Banker of the Year Award by the African Banker Magazine.

The African Banker Award recognizes key financial industry leaders across the continent, who through good vision and leadership, have led their institutions to become industry leaders and trend setters. Winners of the coveted Award must have consistently guided their organization to strong financial performance and contributed significantly to the quality of service offered by the financial services industry in their country, Africa and abroad.

Commenting at the 2012 African Banker Awards Dinner, which held on Wednesday, May 30, 2012 in Arusha, Tanzania, Mr. Segun Agbaje attributed his receipt of the award and the Bank’s varied achievements over the years to discipline, a defined operating strategy, hands on knowledge about the various markets the Bank operates in and the passion of GTBank employees, who constantly strive to give 100% above customer expectations every single time.

Mr. Agbaje is a well respected professional with over 20 years experience in various aspects of banking. His belief in hardwork, innovation, discipline and excellence have enabled him steer Guaranty Trust Bank plc to become the most profitable and respected Bank in Nigeria today. The Bank is the most capitalized bank in Nigeria in terms of market capitalization (US2.7 billion as at March 7, 2012) and its stock the most highly priced for any Nigerian financial institution. In addition the Bank has continued to consolidate its position as a foremost African brand through enviable financial performance, adherence to the highest corporate governance principles and the introduction of innovative products and services.

Under Mr. Agbaje’s leadership, Guaranty Trust Bank has received numerous accolades within the last 12 months that include the 2011 Best Bank in Nigeria Award from Euromoney, the 2011 Bank of the Year Award from The Banker Magazine and the 2011 Best Bank in Nigeria Award from EMEA Finance.

Source
Re: Segun Agbaje (GtBank) Is "African Banker Of The Year 2012" by ZUBY77(m): 9:46am On Jun 01, 2012
Great. Until Nigeria changes CBN Governor who will refuse his bribe money and find faults with his bank. Then it will be all about Agbaje and Efcc. Its all about running in circles.
Re: Segun Agbaje (GtBank) Is "African Banker Of The Year 2012" by Afam4eva(m): 9:51am On Jun 01, 2012
This a great acheivement. GTB has done very well for itself courtesy of the high level of worl force it has.
Re: Segun Agbaje (GtBank) Is "African Banker Of The Year 2012" by Paentera(m): 9:56am On Jun 01, 2012
Excellent as usual. GTB soars.
Re: Segun Agbaje (GtBank) Is "African Banker Of The Year 2012" by Nemerem44(m): 10:01am On Jun 01, 2012
It is a welcome development. GT Bank is simply the best!
Re: Segun Agbaje (GtBank) Is "African Banker Of The Year 2012" by ebamma(m): 10:04am On Jun 01, 2012
na becos say na mukina post am na him make una bring am come front page?
Re: Segun Agbaje (GtBank) Is "African Banker Of The Year 2012" by Ben13: 10:06am On Jun 01, 2012
Lovely!!
Re: Segun Agbaje (GtBank) Is "African Banker Of The Year 2012" by MdIdris: 10:09am On Jun 01, 2012
My honour gose to whom honour is due. You are bestowed you shall have my honour
Re: Segun Agbaje (GtBank) Is "African Banker Of The Year 2012" by homole(m): 10:09am On Jun 01, 2012
yea we soar!!best bank ever
Re: Segun Agbaje (GtBank) Is "African Banker Of The Year 2012" by Seun(m): 10:11am On Jun 01, 2012
How can it be the best bank when the halls are perpetually crowded?
Re: Segun Agbaje (GtBank) Is "African Banker Of The Year 2012" by healthexpert: 10:12am On Jun 01, 2012
The Bestest Bank I Have Ever Seen. Am Proud to be a customer.
Re: Segun Agbaje (GtBank) Is "African Banker Of The Year 2012" by Afam4eva(m): 10:14am On Jun 01, 2012
Seun: How can it be the best bank when the halls are perpetually crowded?
Doesn't that give credence to the fact that they're the best?

1 Like

Re: Segun Agbaje (GtBank) Is "African Banker Of The Year 2012" by Seun(m): 10:15am On Jun 01, 2012
afam4eva: Doesn't that give credence to the fact that they're the best?
Not if it causes their customer service to deteriorate such that staff members become rude and aggressive towards customers.
Re: Segun Agbaje (GtBank) Is "African Banker Of The Year 2012" by Paentera(m): 10:18am On Jun 01, 2012
ebamma: na becos say na mukina post am na him make una bring am come front page?

Try to make meaningful contributions - GT is a nationally known organisation so when it makes news, we should know.

1 Like

Re: Segun Agbaje (GtBank) Is "African Banker Of The Year 2012" by Nobody: 10:19am On Jun 01, 2012
[size=18pt]the GTB online stuff i only consider best but Damn!! do you think i can stand that crowd? undecided[/size]
Re: Segun Agbaje (GtBank) Is "African Banker Of The Year 2012" by Paentera(m): 10:20am On Jun 01, 2012
Seun:
Not if it causes their customer service to deteriorate such that staff members become rude and aggressive towards customers.

For ages, they have told us we do not need to come to their halls especially when they've massively deployed retail channels such as Internet Banking, ATMs, e-Banking halls, telephone banking and the likes. If you're caught in a crowded banking hall, its likely you don't wish to use those channels.
Re: Segun Agbaje (GtBank) Is "African Banker Of The Year 2012" by Krosslife(m): 10:36am On Jun 01, 2012
GTBANK!
Here i come for corporate account. continue to soar higher and be the World Best. Congratulations to Segun Agbaje.
Re: Segun Agbaje (GtBank) Is "African Banker Of The Year 2012" by femmy2010(m): 10:53am On Jun 01, 2012
A well deserved award.
Excellence in banking.
Re: Segun Agbaje (GtBank) Is "African Banker Of The Year 2012" by mbulela: 11:00am On Jun 01, 2012
Did Cecilia Ibru not get an award of such from this same source?
Ever since i saw Cecilia Ibru interviewed on HARD TALK BBC, i lost respect for these foreign labels and their views on corporate Africa. They just regurgitate the c.rap fed by local compromised media. They are too uninterested to invest time and resources in the truth.
Imagine THISDAY awarding Uduaghan an ABOVE AVERAGE score card two days back?
Sometimes you just wonder if the coming revolution should not consume the media with it? Even thieves have more honour than these gentlemen and ladies of the media. Uduaghan for crying out loud!!!
Next thing, FINANCIAL TIMES of London will award Uduaghan an award for fighting poverty in Africa and would base it on the precedence set by THISDAY.
These awards are worthless and the recipients know it.

2 Likes

Re: Segun Agbaje (GtBank) Is "African Banker Of The Year 2012" by amosy007: 11:13am On Jun 01, 2012
segun agbaje for central bank governor we are tired of salusi and his stupiid policies

1 Like

Re: Segun Agbaje (GtBank) Is "African Banker Of The Year 2012" by Ganys: 11:37am On Jun 01, 2012
Mtchwwww....Whats so special about this criminal, smoker and financial thief. I really missed aderinlokun, the former GMD. Since this guy took over, GTB keeps charging me N100 for withdrawing on the counter. They refused to give me my ATM on technical group. Right now, Im hating my beloved GTB. RIP Tayo aderinlokun
Re: Segun Agbaje (GtBank) Is "African Banker Of The Year 2012" by Cruzgee: 11:40am On Jun 01, 2012
Let us remember that befor Segun Agabje, Adetayo Aderinokunn was. So I remember the man and give kudos to him - both of them though.
Re: Segun Agbaje (GtBank) Is "African Banker Of The Year 2012" by Cruzgee: 11:42am On Jun 01, 2012
Let us remember that before Segun Agbaje, Adetayo Aderinokun was. So I remember the man and give kudos to him - both of them though.
Re: Segun Agbaje (GtBank) Is "African Banker Of The Year 2012" by Ganys: 11:45am On Jun 01, 2012
amosy007: segun agbaje for central bank governor we are tired of salusi and his stupiid policies
Must u let everyone know that you are tribo-religious bigot...Pls, go and hug tranformer
Re: Segun Agbaje (GtBank) Is "African Banker Of The Year 2012" by mbulela: 11:50am On Jun 01, 2012
Ganys: Mtchwwww....Whats so special about this criminal, smoker and financial thief. I really missed aderinlokun, the former GMD. Since this guy took over, GTB keeps charging me N100 for withdrawing on the counter. They refused to give me my ATM on technical group. Right now, Im hating my beloved GTB. RIP Tayo aderinlokun
They have been charging me for SMS alert. A service i never subscribed to nor used for 1 sec.
One of these days, i will compile all such deductions and get a lawyer to write them.
Even if it is 5000 naira,they will refund all.
Re: Segun Agbaje (GtBank) Is "African Banker Of The Year 2012" by exago(m): 11:51am On Jun 01, 2012
bandiejay: [size=18pt]the GTB online stuff i only consider best but Damn!! do you think i can stand that crowd? undecided[/size]

True.....
Re: Segun Agbaje (GtBank) Is "African Banker Of The Year 2012" by Ganys: 11:54am On Jun 01, 2012
mbulela:
They have been charging me for SMS alert. A service i never subscribed to nor used for 1 sec.
One of these days, i will compile all such deductions and get a lawyer to write them.
Even if it is 5000 naira,they will refund all.
You took it from my mouth
Re: Segun Agbaje (GtBank) Is "African Banker Of The Year 2012" by Kockane(m): 12:00pm On Jun 01, 2012
Whao!!! Great news! Proud to be a prospective employee! smiley
Re: Segun Agbaje (GtBank) Is "African Banker Of The Year 2012" by scribble: 12:39pm On Jun 01, 2012
Seun: How can it be the best bank when the halls are perpetually crowded?

nobody said it was best bank. he won banker of the year.

besides only mainland branches are like market places, the island branches are a breeze...no human traffic at all
Re: Segun Agbaje (GtBank) Is "African Banker Of The Year 2012" by kasconi: 2:15pm On Jun 01, 2012
Hmmm...segun agbaje "african banker of the year mtcheeeeeeew. Someone dat is about to flush out all its contract staff thereby creating the biggest unemployment problem dis country will ever witness...How e manage take get dat award sef angry
Re: Segun Agbaje (GtBank) Is "African Banker Of The Year 2012" by goldline76(m): 2:35pm On Jun 01, 2012
To me o, GTBank is ebaino!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 20 Richest Men In Nigeria 2015 / How To Open And Maintain A UAE Business Paypal Account For Free.... / Please Help! Which Atm Card Can I Use For Online Payment? Specifically Shopping

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.