Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,259 members, 7,829,515 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

BREAKING: Buhari Picks Amaechi As His Running Mate? - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Buhari Picks Amaechi As His Running Mate? (68656 Views)

List Of Agencies And Parastatals Under Amaechi, As A Minister Of Transport / Buhari Picks Obasanjo As 'Envoy' To Guinea-Bissau / APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Picks Amaechi As His Running Mate? by dejisky(m): 7:53pm On Dec 12, 2014
[quote author=jmaine post=28821700]Overwhelming majority of Niger Deltans won't even notice Amaechi on the ballot papers when plessing their hands for the PDP grin . . .

Catastrophic miscalculation . . . .
Wake up are u not tired of Bad lucky.
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Picks Amaechi As His Running Mate? by omoleka(f): 7:53pm On Dec 12, 2014
Gov. Amaechi is a great choice....wise pick!
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Picks Amaechi As His Running Mate? by CyracksMrBlogger(m): 7:53pm On Dec 12, 2014
customized13:
if true then buhari is set to loose, amaechi cannot pull niger-delta vote.......shikom.
what population niger delta has? Park well joor
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Picks Amaechi As His Running Mate? by nnachukz(m): 7:54pm On Dec 12, 2014
Thank God. This is a good news. Jonathan till 2019 is sealed and delivered with this decision. Lagos state vote will be evenly shared unlike what fashola would have gathered. For sure amaechi cannot even get majority votes in rivers.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Picks Amaechi As His Running Mate? by robinsoncrosoe: 7:54pm On Dec 12, 2014
Abenoty:
South West PDP will sweep 68% of the presidental votes
South East PDP shall sweep 98% the presidential votes
South South shall take 96%
North EAST PDP shall take 58%
North West 59%
North Central 79%
Amechi shall be put to shame!
best analysis so far. This is jst the simple truth

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Picks Amaechi As His Running Mate? by scholarosisi(f): 7:55pm On Dec 12, 2014
What a pair Buhari/Amechi God please forebid bad thing. Jonathan even though I have my reservation u are a better choice

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Picks Amaechi As His Running Mate? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Dec 12, 2014
3cycle:
I will vote these two knowing fully that Buhari might quench before the end of 4yrs thus power returning to the south again.
if d north takes over power,d west will succeed them..Jona has to win shaa
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Picks Amaechi As His Running Mate? by Reference(m): 7:55pm On Dec 12, 2014
Chubhie:
I believe that the best form of leadership is one that leads by example not a do as I say leadership. GMB for all I care can't be bold enough to allocate a billion for food judging by his body frame nor looking the other way while his associates loots our common wealth dry.

What are you saying. You think the elites who cause the singular largest corruption bloc donot know what Buhari and co have done. He may be an example to ill-informed people who take 20 naira from the cookie jar but he is certainly not an example to those who matter. Those who knew what he did last summer. And the circumstances whch led to the abortion of his anti-corruption experiment 30 years ago are still very much alive in Nigeria. Now if he is able to mobilize the masses like you said by exceptional leadership, fine. How can he mobilize the rest of his party compatriots who are less than squeaky clean. How will he be able to 'control' the opposition. How will he be able to control the excesses of the legislature. This is demoracy remember where elected officials are no more than 'first among equals'. Do you know just how much compromise he will have made in the run up to Teslim Balogun. Then he will turn back and bite the fingers that coronated him. Please, please, I'm not a child. It just doesn't work that way and I'm very, very worried that he has adopted the 'coming messiah' status in the eyes of Nigerians. What if it doesn't work out as you think. Nigerians should be realistic and work out their expectations themselves a well. A good majority of Nigerians rejoiced at his removal in 85. Even in suffering you will think, how could this be.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Picks Amaechi As His Running Mate? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Dec 12, 2014
[quote author=chamboy post=28821194]Mr Rotimi Amaechi,
We Yoruba Gladly Accept U....

Ba se gidi lo[/quote
]
Why won't you accept when all the nigerian youths are clueless like you. I thought youth is supposed to be the future leader not some retarded old men.
Besides speak for yourself not Yorubas.

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Picks Amaechi As His Running Mate? by esantex(m): 7:56pm On Dec 12, 2014
This is a Good combination...I hope dey will win and let's give this party a trial...let's ask ourselves..... is there any government that has spent two terms in office and has ever performed more in the second term than the first term...plz let's be wise, Jonathan performance for 6years is rated 45percent, will he be able to accomplish all his promises within the next four years...Nigerian be wise oooooo
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Picks Amaechi As His Running Mate? by whyteone: 7:57pm On Dec 12, 2014
olabukola:
Rivers is his state. They have Ijaw, Isoko, ibo and others in rivers state, which one is amaechi's.
Isoko in Rivers state?Brother,are you for real?

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Picks Amaechi As His Running Mate? by alabiyemmy(m): 7:59pm On Dec 12, 2014
[size=18pt]Buhari gives VP slot to Tinubu[/size]

on December 12, 2014 / in News 7:50 pm / Comments

Muhammadu Buhari, presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), according TheCable, has conceded the slot of his running mate to Bola Tinubu, national leader of the party.

This has in effect diminished the chances of Chibuike Amaechi, governor of Rivers state, who was all along tipped to be the vice-presidential candidate. Further discussions are going to be held this weekend, but a quick decision may not be reached.

The party still has up till December 18 to submit the name of the nominee to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

Buhari’s decision to give Tinubu the slot is apparently based on the voting population of the south-west which he is banking on to upstage the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the 2015 presidential election.

“Politics is not winner-takes-all. Tinubu worked round the clock to deliver a huge chunk of votes to Buhari in the primary, and it is only fair that he is honoured in return,” an aide to Buhari said.

Tinubu, TheCable can further report, has not foreclosed the choice of anyone as the VP candidate, but he is opposed to Amaechi – although the Rivers governor has made the biggest financial contribution to Buhari’s campaign.

“Rumours that Amaechi has been chosen as the running mate are not true in any form. The running mate will be announced soon.” The chieftain further said “If the party exco settles for a Muslim/Muslim ticket, Tinubu himself will be the number one choice. If not, then Adams Oshiomhole stands the best chance among the rest.” He ruled out Babatunde Fashola, governor of Lagos, who is also a Muslim installed Oshiomhole, Edo governor, as the odds-on favourite for the running mate slot, slashing his chances from 8/10 to 8/9, while dropping Amaechi’s odds from 9/10 to 5/10. Here is a line-up of the TOP contenders

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/buhari-gives-vp-slot-tinubu/#sthash.BeBxI4kf.dpuf

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Picks Amaechi As His Running Mate? by Akpan107(m): 7:59pm On Dec 12, 2014
micolaj:
FAKE ANALYST.
we shall see!!
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Picks Amaechi As His Running Mate? by Jabioro: 8:00pm On Dec 12, 2014
It better be rumour,d best l could vote without looking Buhari/Fashola
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Picks Amaechi As His Running Mate? by samento: 8:00pm On Dec 12, 2014
raumdeuter:
This is a terrible choice, and I see APC losing the key SW with this choice without Amachi able to win any SS state
Na lie APC will win, most Nigerians are no more sitting on the fence. But for few people like you who are being carjoled with some few crisp of naira.
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Picks Amaechi As His Running Mate? by austinvsb1(m): 8:01pm On Dec 12, 2014
Austin4lif:
Losers in making. Even if GEJ is incompetent,
he is still better than a fanatic that wishes to
islamize us. As the deputy Governor of Bornu
said, if any northerner votes for PDP he is a
disgrace, I also said that if any body from the
east ,south and middle belts vote for APC then
he is a slave to the born to rule bigots.

the fact that you most likely answer the same name as myself 'Austin' is why i feel most disappointed with the garbage you posted up there. The Fanatic accusation against the general is, as you may well have noticed, stale.. You really need not embarrass yourself writing up jargon all in the name of supporting your clearly incompetent (in your words) leader. You either support this wind of change or get lost abeg..! Try something new!!!
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Picks Amaechi As His Running Mate? by robinsoncrosoe: 8:01pm On Dec 12, 2014
nduchucks:

oga, Patience didn't have an accent problem, but a grammatical one. abeg waka go.
oga english speaking =accent + grammer.one has accent wahala and the other has grammatical palava.
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Picks Amaechi As His Running Mate? by robinsoncrosoe: 8:03pm On Dec 12, 2014
nduchucks:

oga, Patience didn't have an accent problem, but a grammatical one. abeg waka go.
oga english speaking =accent + grammer.one has accent wahala and the other has grammatical palava.abi u no do oral english for WAEC
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Picks Amaechi As His Running Mate? by Truckpusher(m): 8:05pm On Dec 12, 2014
What is Buhari the self acclaimed incorruptible one doing with a well known thief like Amaechi?

Can two walk if they do not agree?

Nigerians are smarter than this na.....Mtcheew

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Picks Amaechi As His Running Mate? by MONITZ: 8:06pm On Dec 12, 2014
means:
The choice has always been btw Amaechi or Fashola. In terms of votes, Fashola wud av garnered more votes. But this campaign needs a rugged man like Amaechi to fire frm all cylinders. Tinubu, Fashola & Osho baba shud always b on the campaign train though to assure the SW that they will not b left out in the scheme of things if APC win.
Its a good news for a stronger combo to match the incumbent rascal for rascal, money for money, no more perceived islamisation agenda.

You know you are not funny,so you mean a state governor that depends on Aso rock to hand out stipends at the end of the month would be able to match a man who has control of the federal resources,money for money and do you know quite well that the amount of stipend the centre gives out to the component units inclusive of the local government every month is actually less than 50 percent of the amount shared every month while it keeps the balance to itself,they have all the security apparatuses to use.Mr man wake up from your slumber ok.Also it would take a miracle for JONA to lose this election because a sitting Nigerian president would always complete his constitutionally allowed tenure and is even more powerful than the almighty American president because he has so many excesses that cannot be controlled if he decides to use all his powers.
The worst case scenario is that there would be a stalemate in the election and then the case would go to the Supreme court and you know what will happen there,you guess is as good as mine.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Picks Amaechi As His Running Mate? by Chubhie: 8:09pm On Dec 12, 2014
Reference:

What are you saying. You think the elites who cause the singular largest corruption bloc donot know what Buhari and co have done. He may be an example to ill-informed people who take 20 naira from the cookie jar but he is certainly not an example to those who matter. Those who knew what he did last summer. And the circumstances whch led to the abortion of his anti-corruption experiment 30 years ago are still very much alive in Nigeria. Now if he is able to mobilize the masses like you said by exceptional leadership, fine. How can he mobilize the rest of his party compatriots who are less than squeaky clean. How will he be able to 'control' the opposition. How will he be able to control the excesses of the legislature. This is demoracy remember where elected officials are no more than 'first among equals'. Do you know just how much compromise he will have made in the run up to Teslim Balogun. Then he will turn back and bite the fingers that coronated him. Please, please, I'm not a child. It just doesn't work that way and I'm very, very worried that he has adopted the 'coming messiah' status in the eyes of Nigerians. What if it doesn't work out as you think. Nigerians should be realistic and work out their expectations themselves a well. A good majority of Nigerians rejoiced at his removal in 85. Even in suffering you will think, how could this be.
That is to show you how desperate majority of Nigerians are just to see the back and end to GEJ lead government. I have my personal reservations about GMB. But one thing I'm certain of is that GMB is|will be an improvement over GEJ. For GMB to assume messiah status blame it on how poor GEJ performed.
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Picks Amaechi As His Running Mate? by eagleeye2: 8:11pm On Dec 12, 2014
Buhari & Amaechi........ I will rather Vote Buhari & Fashola (islamization or not).
Moreover, the Northern elites will never trust a man like Amaechi.
Now, where is Tinubu going to fit in? We have not forgotten about Odili who brought Amaechi into politics ( is just like someone choosing Ngige) the Godfathers are not stupid to fall for this.
Buhari cannot be controlled by anyone, we all know that, and he is choosing a man (Amaechi) who has the potential of not being controlled by anyone also.......No No. Nigerian politics is still about Godfatherism and King making, I can bet it that this combo will not fly.
Anyways, 2015 is not far. Even this shall come to pass.
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Picks Amaechi As His Running Mate? by Chubhie: 8:12pm On Dec 12, 2014
karlmax2:
if i may ask what power infrastructure did buhari,ibb,abacha,obj left built or left behind during their tenure?
If I'm permitted to ask you- what infrastructure has GEJ done during his 6years tenure that will make US be more trusting to give him 4 more years to complete or work wonders?
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Picks Amaechi As His Running Mate? by drey076(m): 8:12pm On Dec 12, 2014
Datsme:
CHANGE s Inevitable. He deserves it
I pray dt almighty God should grant dm d office of d presidency come 2015

MODIFIED
Olumide Onifade wrote

BE BOLD ENOUGH TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT
CHOICE FOR YOURSELF,PLEASE,BE WISE,DONT
BE LIKE THOSE FOOLS THAT SELLS THEIR
VOTES.
I remember in 2011,when everybody were
shouting Goodluck,Goodluck, even in southwest in Abeokuta,And i come out to
tell people that i dont see any Goodluck in
this man Called Jonathan and i will never
vote for him.i was able to initiate two
people to Vote for GMB,and the voting
ended,i waited to hear the result but unfortunately,We were just five in number
that voted the man of integrity the man sent
but denied with ignorance of the people.This
made me to be sad for a while after
anoucement of their President.But when
Goodluck started showing his true colour and i heard those his millions surpporters
complaining and lamenting that this man
have nothing to offer us.Then i was happy to
ask them these questions and also told them
that what they cannot see with their mind
they never have it,i asked them weather they see anything good in jonathan before
they followed him? they said yes,but what is
that thing?They said free and fair
election,hummnn Stupidity, after that nko? i
asked them again,they said nothing.then why
are you people so disapointed with his government? they cant talk, Now everyone
of you that voted this insensitive man called
jonathan, you are an agent of Bad
governance,dont blame him but blame
yourselves and have the regret that such a
costly mistake will not repeat itself again.They said "NEVER".NOW to every good
citizens of this our dear country,another
general elections is around the corner
again,HEeyy,the man you rejected because
of age still remain the chosen king regardless
of his age,In person of GENERAL MUHAMED BUHARI,I remember that the Man wept and
gave up because of his age in 2011, But God
said to him "stand up, go and Rule my
people You are not older than the person to
go and deliver them. So Nigerians,Hausa
,Yoruba,Igbo.if you fail to follow this chosen man,you are a failure,if you sell your
vote,you will surely regret for another four
years,And anyone that plan for this man
downfall or his failure to implement the
change that we want shall be destroyed.I
said this In the mighty name of our Lord.
Ema binu we don't know b4
We will vote out dat clueless jona
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Picks Amaechi As His Running Mate? by IyaOmo1: 8:14pm On Dec 12, 2014
Abbey2sam:
Like we don't already know who he was gonna pick..

They will both loss

This your english shows how GEJ has not done anything to improve our education sector. Even my cousin in pry 6 would not have made this kind of grammatical blunder grin oya correct ur self
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Picks Amaechi As His Running Mate? by Dmeji4444(m): 8:16pm On Dec 12, 2014
Datsme:
CHANGE s Inevitable. He deserves it
I pray dt almighty God should grant dm d office of d presidency come 2015

MODIFIED
Olumide Onifade wrote

BE BOLD ENOUGH TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT
CHOICE FOR YOURSELF,PLEASE,BE WISE,DONT
BE LIKE THOSE FOOLS THAT SELLS THEIR
VOTES.
I remember in 2011,when everybody were
shouting Goodluck,Goodluck, even in southwest in Abeokuta,And i come out to
tell people that i dont see any Goodluck in
this man Called Jonathan and i will never
vote for him.i was able to initiate two
people to Vote for GMB,and the voting
ended,i waited to hear the result but unfortunately,We were just five in number
that voted the man of integrity the man sent
but denied with ignorance of the people.This
made me to be sad for a while after
anoucement of their President.But when
Goodluck started showing his true colour and i heard those his millions surpporters
complaining and lamenting that this man
have nothing to offer us.Then i was happy to
ask them these questions and also told them
that what they cannot see with their mind
they never have it,i asked them weather they see anything good in jonathan before
they followed him? they said yes,but what is
that thing?They said free and fair
election,hummnn Stupidity, after that nko? i
asked them again,they said nothing.then why
are you people so disapointed with his government? they cant talk, Now everyone
of you that voted this insensitive man called
jonathan, you are an agent of Bad
governance,dont blame him but blame
yourselves and have the regret that such a
costly mistake will not repeat itself again.They said "NEVER".NOW to every good
citizens of this our dear country,another
general elections is around the corner
again,HEeyy,the man you rejected because
of age still remain the chosen king regardless
of his age,In person of GENERAL MUHAMED BUHARI,I remember that the Man wept and
gave up because of his age in 2011, But God
said to him "stand up, go and Rule my
people You are not older than the person to
go and deliver them. So Nigerians,Hausa
,Yoruba,Igbo.if you fail to follow this chosen man,you are a failure,if you sell your
vote,you will surely regret for another four
years,And anyone that plan for this man
downfall or his failure to implement the
change that we want shall be destroyed.I
said this In the mighty name of our Lord.
I disagree with u,,,in 2011 i voted 4 jonathan, d whole of my family voted 4him in 2014, we saw hope in him,he has tried his best but ovbiously some group of pple made Nigeria ungovernable 4him, so he lost clue, though I will not vote 4him in 2015 because we cannot continue like dis on security issue,we need an experience n brave president
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Picks Amaechi As His Running Mate? by Chubhie: 8:16pm On Dec 12, 2014
SuperMartins:
Lmaoo..u not serious man..jzt because am supporting sm1 I feel deserves Anoda chance..Haba
Feel=Emotions. Not a good yardstick in selecting leadership. Were you captivated by I have no shoes mantra hence your feelings of pity towards GEJ?
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Picks Amaechi As His Running Mate? by chamboy(m): 8:21pm On Dec 12, 2014
[quote author=Bridgetown post=28826588][/quote] English pls
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Picks Amaechi As His Running Mate? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:22pm On Dec 12, 2014
Truckpusher:
What is Buhari the self acclaimed incorruptible one doing with a well known thief like Amaechi?

Na you indict Amaechi?
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Picks Amaechi As His Running Mate? by samento: 8:24pm On Dec 12, 2014
Reference:

He was removed in 85 by greedy people who eventually brought Nigeria to where it is today. Buhari/Idiagbon regime is the type needed by Nigerians then and it was working out fine until the glutons came on board.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Picks Amaechi As His Running Mate? by Bawss1(m): 8:24pm On Dec 12, 2014
Buhari + Anybody = Loss in 2015 election. Simple
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Picks Amaechi As His Running Mate? by MORNDEW(m): 8:25pm On Dec 12, 2014
Truckpusher:

Tell me what Amaechi stole or forever keep quiet

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Agura Of Gbágùrá (Photo) / Lagos Police PRO, Dolapo Badmos, Stuns In New Photos / APC Wins In Godswill Akpabio's Polling Unit, Beats PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.