Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,842 members, 7,813,840 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:40 PM

APC Considers Buharis List For Vp!!!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Considers Buharis List For Vp!!!!! (1649 Views)

APC Considers Akume, Remi Tinubu As Saraki’s Replacement - NationalMirror / APC Considers Fashola As Buhari's Running Mate - Channels TV / 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Considers Buharis List For Vp!!!!! by Justbright(m): 3:27am On Dec 13, 2014
The All Progressives Congress is considering the list of three nominees by its presidential candidate for the 2015 elections, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) The party is to select one of the three names as the running mate of the general.

A high ranking member of the party, who confided in Saturday PUNCH in Abuja on Friday, said the presidential candidate has been under pressure by power blocks within the party long before he emerged.

The party member pleaded for anonymity because he was not authorised to speak to the media on the matter.

He said the candidate and the party were both aware of the enormity of the task ahead and were determined not to leave anything to chance.

The source said the candidate had already given notice to the party that he would submit three names of party loyalists he would like to work with. The source said, “In choosing the three names, he will consider three things: Religious balancing, votes or what we call electoral value and he will also consider the personality of the individual.

“The governors elected on APC platform are insisting that it must come from among them, but Buhari had told them that he agrees but that the names he would submit to the party would contain at least the name of one of them but that the party would ultimately decide. “Those in the South-East want one of their own. Their argument is that doing so will strengthen the party in the region.”

The source noted that the allure of block votes from the South-West is tilting the scales in favour of the geo-political zone which has been a strong base of opposition politics.

This throws up the possibility of a candidate coming from the Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu’s political camp.

A member of the Buhari camp said the General would have loved to work with Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, but “a muslim/ muslim ticket will be a hard sell considering the situation in the country today.”

However, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo appears the most likely choice because of his untainted public record and intellectual depth. Apart from being a member of Tinubu’s inner circle, Osinbajo is a Pastor with the Redeemed Christian Church of God and a close associate of the church’s General Overseer, Pastor Enoch Adeboye. Many Christians are likely to support this choice. Hailing from Ikene, the hometown of the late sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo , is also seen as an added advantage. The three geo-political zones in the South namely: South-South, South-East and South-West were also said to be showing interest in the vice-presidential slot.

But that the APC National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, said the party would meet and take a decision on the matter.

He dismissed comments on the social media that the party had picked a running mate.

“We haven’t even met,” Mohammed said.

The party also denied a report that it had picked the Rivers States Governor, Mr. Chibuike Amaechi, as Buhari’s running mate.

Mohammed told one of our correspondents on the telephone on Friday that picking a vice-presidential candidate would require wide consultation, but said the party would announce the person next week.

“What you are reading now is the handiwork of mischief makers. No one had been picked as Buhari’s running mate but we will pick and announce next week,” he said.

VP slot: APC considers Buhari’s list of three
Via Top 20 News Websites.
http://www.punchng.com/news/vp-slot-apc-considers-buharis-list-of-three/
Re: APC Considers Buharis List For Vp!!!!! by Justbright(m): 3:34am On Dec 13, 2014
I think d VP slot should either be from the south south or south east.....picking d VP from ss is a political suicide cos Apc already has a strong presence in d region...what dey need to do in southwest is just a strong campaign..... an amechi or okorocha or oby ekweseli would av been d best candidate...Osinbajo is a no go area

1 Like

Re: APC Considers Buharis List For Vp!!!!! by dunkem21(m): 3:51am On Dec 13, 2014
Why not conduct a vice presidential primaries instead of coming to seek public opinion on NL?

Abeg, make una do fast select the crying mate.
Re: APC Considers Buharis List For Vp!!!!! by PassingShot(m): 3:58am On Dec 13, 2014
dunkem21:
Why not conduct a vice presidential primaries instead of coming to seek public opinion on NL?

E dey pain you bah? If not you didn't have to read the news and you wouldn't need to comment.

4 Likes

Re: APC Considers Buharis List For Vp!!!!! by PassingShot(m): 3:59am On Dec 13, 2014
Considering all circumstances, I support Buhar/Osinbajo ticket.

1 Like

Re: APC Considers Buharis List For Vp!!!!! by dunkem21(m): 4:00am On Dec 13, 2014
PassingShot:

E dey pain you bah? If not you didn't have to read the news and you wouldn't need to comment.

Ok.

Back to sleep.
Re: APC Considers Buharis List For Vp!!!!! by Justbright(m): 4:04am On Dec 13, 2014
PassingShot:

what's ur reasons
Re: APC Considers Buharis List For Vp!!!!! by luvmijeje(f): 4:38am On Dec 13, 2014
In order to maximise the current mood of change the convention bought out........ To maximise the utilisation of southwest political structure. They should present a SELLABLE SOUTHWEST VP.

We are talking of of beating an incumbent President..... Talking of kicking out a party that is still holding the neck of this country for the past sixteen years. They should present a SELLABLE SOUTHWEST VP.

The only sellable candidate I'm seeing is Fashola. #FASHOLA4VP

4 Likes

Re: APC Considers Buharis List For Vp!!!!! by PassingShot(m): 5:06am On Dec 13, 2014
Justbright:

what's ur reasons

It gives good reason to get a block votes from the SW since Yoruba Christians will buy into it.

1 Like

Re: APC Considers Buharis List For Vp!!!!! by Odutodaiwa: 5:57am On Dec 13, 2014
Prof. Yemi Osinbajo is the man all Yoruba Christians want. We are equally confident that our muslim brothers will not reject him. I am a Yoruba Christian and that is the man I want. We will mobilise en-masse if he is chosen. History beckons.
Re: APC Considers Buharis List For Vp!!!!! by queenna1: 6:16am On Dec 13, 2014
You guys are just beating yourselves to death for nothing. Like you just read, they have not even met, they have to meet first before they can pick a VP. And that's coming from Lai Mohamed, not some nameless shadows you chose to believe.
dunkem21:

2 Likes

Re: APC Considers Buharis List For Vp!!!!! by queenna1: 6:20am On Dec 13, 2014
Right! This is the next best if we can't have Fashola.
PassingShot:
Re: APC Considers Buharis List For Vp!!!!! by Beesluv: 6:22am On Dec 13, 2014
Following
Re: APC Considers Buharis List For Vp!!!!! by Nobody: 6:40am On Dec 13, 2014
Jesus refused to be the king of the Jews, pastors taken what Jesus rejected
Re: APC Considers Buharis List For Vp!!!!! by davidmascot(m): 9:55am On Dec 13, 2014
studio14:
Jesus refused to be the king of the Jews, pastors taken what Jesus rejected
Comment from another myopic individual.
Re: APC Considers Buharis List For Vp!!!!! by Nobody: 10:10am On Dec 13, 2014
davidmascot:
Comment from another myopic individual.
I am not and can never be myopic because I read the bible
Re: APC Considers Buharis List For Vp!!!!! by Justbright(m): 12:58pm On Dec 13, 2014
luvmijeje:
In order to maximise the current mood of change the convention bought out........ To maximise the utilisation of southwest political structure. They should present a SELLABLE SOUTHWEST VP.

We are talking of of beating an incumbent President..... Talking of kicking out a party that is still holding the neck of this country for the past sixteen years. They should present a SELLABLE SOUTHWEST VP.

The only sellable candidate I'm seeing is Fashola. #FASHOLA4VP

I agree fashola would av bin d best choice BT a Muslim Muslim ticket will give gej and his cohort a smooth ride in Feb.....if u check d APC structure u WL bwluve wt me DAT majority of the key offices in d party are bin occupied by Muslims and Dats what d PDP is using to call d APC an Islamic party.....hence presenting a Muslim Muslim ticket will further confirm PDP allegations against APC on islamization of Nigeria.........our democracy is still very nancent and we av not grown to d level where we can separate religion and ethnic affiliations from politics...if we say religion or ethnicity does not matter we can as well fill a northern northern ticket that is present a buhari and atiku as president and VP and see Hw d whole nation WL react.....D xtians in Lagos made it clear to APC DAT if dey don't present a xtiangovnorship candidate dey wlnloose Lagos,Dats what brother ambode to limelite...so for me I believed a buhari amechi WL do d job provided we are sure amechi can deliver ss for apc
Re: APC Considers Buharis List For Vp!!!!! by davidmascot(m): 1:27pm On Dec 13, 2014
studio14:
I am not and can never be myopic because I read the bible
Must reading the bible make you dogmatic
Re: APC Considers Buharis List For Vp!!!!! by Nobody: 1:35pm On Dec 13, 2014
davidmascot:
Must reading the bible make you dogmatic
I am not a dogma Jesus ran away when he was offered the opportunity to rule, his kingdom is not part of this kingdom so should his followers
Re: APC Considers Buharis List For Vp!!!!! by davidmascot(m): 1:55pm On Dec 13, 2014
studio14:
I am not a dogma Jesus ran away when he was offered the opportunity to rule, his kingdom is not part of this kingdom so should his followers
And with all this you wrote u think u are not a dogma nd myopic??why were the prophets appointed as judges in the bible??and by you saying the kingdom of Jesus isn't on earth you mean its in heaven ruling over God??
Re: APC Considers Buharis List For Vp!!!!! by Nobody: 10:19pm On Dec 13, 2014
davidmascot:
And with all this you wrote u think u are not a dogma nd myopic??why were the prophets appointed as judges in the bible??and by you saying the kingdom of Jesus isn't on earth you mean its in heaven ruling over God??
Jesus will rule over the earth very soon, so it was premature for him to accept that appointment from human, he will be given such role by Almighty God, Judges were before the Christ, Christ has taken over as high priest and king he will rule over the earth soon, so all through Christians should follow him.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari's Running Mate To Emerge Democratically-APC / Photos:Robbers Kil Texas Based Nigerian Couples Shortly After Arriving Nigeria / Naira Will Soon Sell At 300naira To A Dollar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.