Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,783 members, 7,810,044 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:15 PM

Buhari's Running Mate To Emerge Democratically-APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Running Mate To Emerge Democratically-APC (1647 Views)

President-Elect To Emerge Today-Jega / Help!!! Who Is Nigeria's First DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED President / 2015: Fashola Dismisses Speculation Of Being Running Mate To Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's Running Mate To Emerge Democratically-APC by Nobody: 1:37pm On Dec 15, 2014
The All Progressives Congress (APC) has said
that the choice of its presidential running mate
will be made within the context of the best
democratic ideals, just like that of its
presidential candidate.
This represents a somewhat shift from media
reports, which had said the presidential
candidate, General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd.),
had surrendered the choice of his running mate
to Senator Bola Tinubu, one of the national
leaders of the party.
The party's position came just as all indications
point to the emergence of a south- south vice
presidential candidate in the person of Edo
State Governor, Adams Oshiomhole.
THISDAY gathered that barring any last minute
switch in choice, Oshiomhole will be formally
presented to a meeting of party leaders in
Abuja Monday.
A reliable source said yesterday that the choice
of Buhari's running mate has been narrowed
down to Governor Oshiomhole and former
Lagos State Attorney General and a Pastor of
the Redeemed Church of God (RCCG), Prof.
Yemi Osinbajo.
According to the source, consideration for the
two men came only after the former Lagos
State governor, Tinubu had agreed to drop his
ambition to run with Buhari.
It was learnt that pressure was mounted on
Tinubu to drop his interest following wide-
spread concern against the fielding of a Muslim-
Muslim ticket, especially considering the mood
of the nation.
Buhari was said to have asked Tinubu to
recommend anybody including himself for the
number two job.
Having accepted to drop his interest, Tinubu
was therefore given the chance to nominate a
candidate for the position of vice president.
Tinubu first picked Osinbajo but because of the
insistence by the APC governors that Buhari's
running should be chosen from amongst them,
he later on settled for Oshiomhole, who beside
being a serving governor, is considered to have
greater electoral value than the little-known
Osinbajo.
However, some party elders still feel strongly
that the candidature of the Rivers State
governor, Hon. Rotimi Amaechi is best for the
number two slot given not only his strategic
geographical importance, but also the huge
vote his candidature can attract for the party. It
is also believed that Governor Amaechi had
been a financial bulwark for the party, especially
in the up-scale appearance and political reach of
the party’s presidential candidate.
In addition, the former publicity secretary of the
defunct New PDP, Chief Eze Chukwuemeka Eze
argued that the pair of Buhari and Amaechi
offer a greater assurance of routing the PDP
from office.
According to Chief Eze, in an online publication,
NewsDairy “With the myth surrounding Buhari
combined with the bravery and sagacity of Gov.
Amaechi, PDP’s days in the Aso (Rock)
Presidential Villa will surely become history by
2015. It is left to the APC power brokers to
give a chance to this union if they are serious
about ending the embarrassment that PDP has
become in the politics of our nation.”
He argued further that APC stands on two legs
– the Legacy Group comprising the merger
parties and the Equity Group made up of the
defunct New PDP. “It is in the interest of justice
and fair play for the Equity Group in APC to
produce the presidential running mate,” he said.
“If the Legacy group has claimed both the
National Chairmanship and Presidential Ticket of
the party in Chief John Odigie-Oyegun and Gen.
Buhari, denying the Equity Group the office of
the Vice-President will be tantamount to telling
us that our efforts in repositioning APC makes
no meaning to the APC power brokers,” he
added.
However, a party source, who did not want to
be mentioned told THISDAY that intensive
consultations were being made with other
stakeholders, especially those from the South-
east, who had expected that the party’s
running mate should have emerged from the
zone so as to strengthen the party and
galvanise Igbo support ahead of the 2015
general election.
The calculation is that if Oshiomhole scales
through as the vice-presidential candidate, the
national chairmanship position will be moved to
South-west so that Tinubu could then be
crowned the new party chairman.
It is expected that the leadership of APC, which
has scheduled its National Working Committee
meeting for today will use the opportunity to
unveil the chosen running mate.
And as if to give verve to his possible
emergence, Governor Adams Oshiomhole of
Edo State has declared that the battle to oust
the PDP from governance at the centre has
indeed begun............

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/buhari-s-running-mate-to-emerge-democratically-says-apc/196756/
Re: Buhari's Running Mate To Emerge Democratically-APC by Moiking(m): 3:00pm On Dec 15, 2014
make I flex first to comment see how e dy be grin grin grin
Re: Buhari's Running Mate To Emerge Democratically-APC by Nobody: 3:15pm On Dec 15, 2014
With Oshiomhole as VP, APCs zoning formula could be as follows:
SSG: SW
Senate President: SW
Deputy: NC
Senate Leader: SE

Speaker: SS
Deputy: NW
House Leader: NC
Re: Buhari's Running Mate To Emerge Democratically-APC by courage54(m): 3:29pm On Dec 15, 2014
teaching PDP how things need to be done
Re: Buhari's Running Mate To Emerge Democratically-APC by thirty(m): 4:26pm On Dec 15, 2014
Discerning electorate is the bedrock of objective choice.

Vote Buhari for President

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Votebuhariforpresident2015/1484082385190252
Re: Buhari's Running Mate To Emerge Democratically-APC by Caseless: 5:40pm On Dec 15, 2014
Apc, give us Amaechi abeg. Who knw osibanjo abeg?
Re: Buhari's Running Mate To Emerge Democratically-APC by Caseless: 5:42pm On Dec 15, 2014
CFCfan:
With Oshiomhole as VP, APCs zoning formula could be as follows:
SFG SSG: SW

House Leader: NC
Re: Buhari's Running Mate To Emerge Democratically-APC by Ikengawo: 5:44pm On Dec 15, 2014
Tinubu chose him as APC said previously before back tracking lol.

Buhari doesn't even get to pick is own running mate and we're ready to call him a strong leader. Even his first administration he was a puppet and was deposed by his master's master (IBB).

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Running Mate To Emerge Democratically-APC by major466(m): 6:33pm On Dec 15, 2014
Tinubu has won again.
Re: Buhari's Running Mate To Emerge Democratically-APC by waternogetemeny: 6:36pm On Dec 15, 2014
CFCfan:
[s]With Oshiomhole as VP, APCs zoning formula could be as follows:
SSG: SW

House Leader: NC[/s]

CFCfan writing crap since 1960
Re: Buhari's Running Mate To Emerge Democratically-APC by BlackBaron: 11:10am On Dec 16, 2014
I think a SE deputy would be better...

That said I'll like to see Buhari once president, probe everyone including Tinunbu. (I'm not a fan of the dude and take it or leave it, he's a corrupt bastard)
Re: Buhari's Running Mate To Emerge Democratically-APC by mistabiola: 11:12am On Dec 16, 2014
Que sera sera
Re: Buhari's Running Mate To Emerge Democratically-APC by nduchucks: 11:25am On Dec 16, 2014
APC's dilemma is how to appease the SW.

Given the role played by Tinubu and the SW politicians in building this party, it is not unreasonable for the SW to epect the VP slot. Fashola is really the only candidate with national appeal who could be presented and that poses the Muslim-Muslim dilemma.

The announcement of the VP slot is taking this long because the SW is negotiating for some very powerful slots within the new government before ceeding the VP slot to another region.

If a good agreement cannot be reached from the SW's point of view, they will Present Fashola and APC will take the risk. If on the other hand, SW gets what it is currently negotiating for (a very tall order), then the VP will be the skelewu dancer, Amaechi.

I personally do not believe that Buhari and others will agree to the demands of the SW, so Fashola may emerge. The good news is, this time around, APC will remain intact - Tinubu is not going to be flown to Abuja for talks with GEJ, the way it was done the last time around. lipsrsealed
Re: Buhari's Running Mate To Emerge Democratically-APC by Nobody: 1:13pm On Dec 16, 2014
Devilhimself:

Come here let me fork you in the assss

And spash my sperm on your face and boobss
what kind of a human being is this?
#spits
Re: Buhari's Running Mate To Emerge Democratically-APC by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 16, 2014
firstEVA:
what kind of a human being is this?
#spits
don't mind the stalker. That's how he stalks me in all threads I post comments. I don tire for the guy.
Re: Buhari's Running Mate To Emerge Democratically-APC by tyson99(m): 10:46pm On Dec 16, 2014
berem:
don't mind the stalker. That's how he stalks me in all threads I post comments. I don tire for the guy.
maybe he's a yaba left escapee grin
Re: Buhari's Running Mate To Emerge Democratically-APC by Nobody: 10:56pm On Dec 16, 2014
tyson99:

maybe he's a yaba left escapee grin
Definitely!
Re: Buhari's Running Mate To Emerge Democratically-APC by Nobody: 12:45am On Dec 17, 2014
nduchucks:

Given the role played by Tinubu and the SW politicians in building this party, fit is not unreasonable for the SW to epect the VP slot. Fashola is really the only candidate with national appeal who could be presented and that poses the Muslim-Muslim dilemma.

The announcement of the VP slot is taking this long because the SW is negotiating for some very powerful slots within the new government before ceeding the VP slot to another region.

If a good agreement cannot be reached from the SW's point of view, they will Present Fashola and APC will take the risk. If on the other hand, SW gets what it is currently negotiating for (a very tall order), then the VP will be the skelewu dancer, Amaechi.

I personally do not believe that Buhari and others will agree to the demands of the SW, so Fashola may emerge. The good news is, this time around, APC will remain intact - Tinubu is not going to be flown to Abuja for talks with GEJ, the way it was done the last time around. lipsrsealed

Let's also,pray he doesn't get flown to London for one of his brief illnesses grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Running Mate To Emerge Democratically-APC by Nobody: 12:54am On Dec 17, 2014
what exactly does Buhari's running mate emerging democratically really mean?

The last time I checked at the last APC convention they did not vote for a VP candidate. Unless there is a planned second APC National convention to elect a running mate then the propaganda being sold here just does not add up!!!

APC needs to stop re-inventing the wheel and do things like it is done around the world including in places where multi party democracy was invented and allow the lilly-livered former dictator make his first pseudo-executive decision and nominate his own running mate.

The drama is becoming embarrassing not just to APC but to Nigeria as a whole!
Re: Buhari's Running Mate To Emerge Democratically-APC by Nobody: 1:00am On Dec 17, 2014
nduchucks:

Given the role played by Tinubu and the SW politicians in building this party, fit is not unreasonable for the SW to epect the VP slot. Fashola is really the only candidate with national appeal who could be presented and that poses the Muslim-Muslim dilemma.

I personally do not believe that Buhari and others will agree to the demands of the SW, so Fashola may emerge. The good news is, this time around, APC will remain intact - Tinubu is not going to fbe flown to Abuja for talks with GEJ, the way it was done the last time around. lipsrsealed

I don't know if am being thick

but what is SW asking for if they don't get VP that's too difficult to grant them or in your words a tall order?

Is the VP no longer second in command to Presido?

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Running Mate To Emerge Democratically-APC by Nobody: 1:23am On Dec 17, 2014
why do I get the feeling that Tinubu has pulled off a D.i..ck Cheney?
Re: Buhari's Running Mate To Emerge Democratically-APC by nduchucks: 1:28am On Dec 17, 2014
babyosisi:

Let's also,pray he doesn't get flown to London for one of his brief illnesses grin

nwanyi maramma, smh @ u.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Running Mate To Emerge Democratically-APC by whitecat2: 1:43am On Dec 17, 2014
And you don't die of heart attack over him.
babyosisi:

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Running Mate To Emerge Democratically-APC by Nobody: 2:09am On Dec 17, 2014
nduchucks:

nwanyi maramma, smh @ u.

I love to be addressed that way
Dalu so
Jehovah mere m nma

So why are you shaking ya head nna a
Re: Buhari's Running Mate To Emerge Democratically-APC by tonte(m): 3:05am On Dec 17, 2014
Bola Ahmed Tinubu is gonna be the vice presidential candidate lol so much for the integrity of the incorruptible General Boo Boo-Hari

(1) (Reply)

Quotes From GEJ Presidential Flag Off Campaign, Lagos / Election 2015: Jonathan Threatens To Voice No Confidence In INEC / Nairabet: You Can Now Predict The Winner Of 2015 Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.