Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,539 members, 7,823,362 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. (72332 Views)

Faces Of Nigerian Senators During Fashola's Ministerial Screening / New York Times Special Report On Buhari's Inauguration / Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by osenidvdg(m): 11:03am On Dec 13, 2014
With all these money why ASUU no go strike. Hmmmm nothing we can do to this than to call on God to deliver us from Slavery. Am sure 20% of their basic salary will be spent on charm.

1 Like

Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by Satex(m): 11:10am On Dec 13, 2014
osenidvdg:
With all these money why ASUU no go strike. Hmmmm nothing we can do to this than to call on God to deliver us from Slavery. Am sure 20% of their basic salary will be spent on charm.

May God deliver us IJN
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by paix(m): 11:11am On Dec 13, 2014
I can even climb PRISON WALL for such salary.
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by Temptee101(m): 11:16am On Dec 13, 2014
JESUS!!! Shame on the youths of this nation. These guys robbing us blind we still cant do a thing. By the time we wake up it might be too late. Keep dreaming and waiting on god to do everything for you. REVOLUTION is the answer

3 Likes

Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by femmy2010(m): 11:18am On Dec 13, 2014
even after this they still loot the nation's coffers .
If this is allowed to continue then Nigeria might go the way of the dinosaur .

#TeamGMB
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by ff07join14: 11:23am On Dec 13, 2014
Please start paying them like they pay in sri lanka, bangladesh and pakistan. What they do is not better hence we are just a little better than them.
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by Day169: 11:25am On Dec 13, 2014
osenidvdg:
.. or more!
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by Nostradamu(m): 11:28am On Dec 13, 2014
Hmmmm,I jus weak ooooo....weda the info the guy gave is misleading or not,the fact remains that there's abyssmal and stupendous spending by our senators. The option opened to us as the new generation is to : DO SUMTIN ABOUT IT OR DIE TRYING. We are the only ones that can determine our future not THEM,all the weapons and means of social control they (the govt) have over us cannot (and I repeat) cannot stand up to the COLLECTIVE WILL of the people: THE SUM OF THE PARTS IS GREATER THAN THE WHOLE! Let's thank the inventors of the internet,that's a formidable "weapon" in the hands of the bright minds of the youth (you & I) in this contry today. God bless Nigeria,God bless Nairaland.
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by teadrake(m): 11:30am On Dec 13, 2014
allisonluvsu:
No wonder some senators and Honorables are willing to jump National fence and gates in their Agabada and suits for the sake of Moneycracy. Mehn! Burst into tears, picture of me crying will be sent later. grin
...Yes o...if nah me,nah my head i go take break the NAS gate.bro.dat money is just damn much,the reason ex governors still trying to get back into senate
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by Day169: 11:30am On Dec 13, 2014
we've never been closer to "the devil" as a nation!
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by EJYKY(m): 11:32am On Dec 13, 2014
First of all,i don't usually comment on NL,i first saw the thread went through it,i became mad,but there're one or two reasons why its wrong,first those allowances and salary are per annum,there's no need to multiply by 12 again,secondly we should be careful (Youths) cos its things like this that push them into crime erroneously,op should be careful what they post,or rather does NL still have admin or what.....

1 Like

Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by Nobody: 11:55am On Dec 13, 2014
Place everybody on a minimum wage. I bet you, Nigeria will be okay.

1 Like

Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by Orikinla(m): 12:11pm On Dec 13, 2014
Anoruo:

Source: www.nigeriafilms.com/news/22282/33/senators-salaries-and-allowances-in-nigeria.html

Now you see why even Nollywood actors and hip hop artistes want to contest for political posts in Nigeria?
Many senators do nothing more than nodding or shaking their heads for or against motions at the Nigerian senate.
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by IbokUtoroh(m): 12:11pm On Dec 13, 2014
Aikon:
Oya. Vote wisely come february

its not abt voting wisely, na to stOP VOTING. Let that chambers be empty next year
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by frog12: 12:22pm On Dec 13, 2014
Is it not madness even if your lawmaker makes N100 million a year?

oliidell:
NgeneUkwenu
Ishilove
Craziebone

By virtue of my job, I am privy to some info. The Op's analysis is not entirely correct. Most of the allowances there are annual. The basic salary however is monthly and dat alone is approximately 30 million naira. There is no way in this country that a lawmaker would earn 2m annually- that's an entry level salary in moderately paid govt offices. The constituency allowance too is not annual, it is released quarterly. There are lots of other hidden allowances not reflected here. The documented annual take is not up to 353 million but it is also not 29million naira. It is in the region of 80-100 million for an average law maker.

Craziebone pointed out that all the other allowances took bearing from the basic allowance. Now this is true, and the implication is that, since the basic is monthly, every other allowance is calculated on monthly basis. Now this is a good point but It wasn't done that way. That data originated from 'Osun Defender'- a tabloid during the occupy Nigeria saga. I think it was exagerrated for effect.

Ishilove dear, like I stated above, there are lots of other allowances not declared so it is very possible that their eventual take home is higher than the amount bandied. if u have any information pls share.

I'm sick and tired of the sham we call government.
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by CyracksMrBlogger(m): 12:36pm On Dec 13, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:
See Nigerian Educational System! All the allowances listed there is per annum! How come the op mischievously calculated all and tagged it per a month? And some senseless posters above bought it hook and sinker?

Seun, Obinoscopy, Ishilove, this is false information! Yank it off or do the needful!

8. Don't post false information on Nairaland.

Abi senators dey buy cars every month? angry angry
because one senator dey friend u, u no want make them expose their pay it's not fair oo.

2 Likes

Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by ceononi: 12:47pm On Dec 13, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:
See Nigerian Educational System! All the allowances listed there is per annum! How come the op mischievously calculated all and tagged it per a month? And some senseless posters above bought it hook and sinker?

Seun, Obinoscopy, Ishilove, this is false information! Yank it off or do the needful!

Even if it is per '2nnum' (2years) abeg dat money is outrageous undecided

1 Like

Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by loomer: 12:51pm On Dec 13, 2014
Project400:

Corruption is everywhere in Nigeria; you cannot exempt the military. Infact that singular arm is the alpha of corruption in the country.

u talk true sha....

wetn come be the solution?
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by babasaxo(f): 1:09pm On Dec 13, 2014
Shook my head in dissapointment,why we nogo jump gate,pls howmuch is gate jumping allowance

Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by cuteboy2: 1:31pm On Dec 13, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

Rather than ask moderators to remove the entire posting, why not simply point out allowances which are annual and those that are monthly. Then update the calculation on annual basis so we can be better educated on how much or Senators and House of Rep members actually earn.

We all want to know how much these public servants actually earn so we can benchmark against what their counterparts in other countries earn.

From initial calculation, it seems our legislators are over paying themselves. Remember, they fixed and padded up their pay packet themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by niggereyez(f): 1:40pm On Dec 13, 2014
hhmmnnnn....
just speechless!
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by Vernor(m): 1:41pm On Dec 13, 2014
If the senators are getting is this huge, how much is the president getting? . Someone should help for
answers. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by fm7070: 1:48pm On Dec 13, 2014
with this juicy package, you say politics will not be a do or die affair?
you expect people not to turn to tout and thugs in the upper and lower chambers?
we expect corruption/rigging-free election? it is impossible
this is the cause of problem in Nigeria
Cut down this salary and let's see the set of people that will be in the politics
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by DONOCHAS(m): 2:12pm On Dec 13, 2014
Weda they are paid in millions, we wil still survive. I am already consuming my garri with bitter leaf soup.
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 13, 2014
motherlode:

And what did you do. space booking grin
commending! Lol
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by Timika: 3:11pm On Dec 13, 2014
Anoruo:

Source: www.nigeriafilms.com/news/22282/33/senators-salaries-and-allowances-in-nigeria.html
with this fat pay check, how will they create job or make laws that will better the labor sector? This is minus some other sorting and income from sales of slots.
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by Justicealh3(m): 3:16pm On Dec 13, 2014
grin I Wsh Gen M.B. 2015 To C Wat's Hppni Wit Our Country Money.

1 Like

Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by Eziachi: 3:53pm On Dec 13, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

Dear Eziachi! There is nothing to back up! The figures are all there! The salaries were quoted per annum but the op decided to multiply it again by 12months to make it look outrageous which is wrong!

Btw, i am holding brief for them! I am just trying to point out the miscalculation there!
Am so pi.ssed off now. You really think I give a fard about your calculations?
Even if it's per century. How can one public official, yes public official be taking home millions of public money just because he is occupying public office that supposed to be serving?
How many CEOs of multi billion dollar transnational companies that makes profit takes take home anything close annually in salary?
Instead of being outraged , you are rather trying to be technical with me.
British people were outraged when they learn that their MPs were making claims like the cost of a garden hose that cost peanuts and some were forced to pay it back, some went to jail for it.

Here you are going technical and language smart with me to justify a day light robbery just for having access to public funds. That's unless you are one of them.
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by bameyi(m): 3:53pm On Dec 13, 2014
Na amadioha go strike the anuofia we say make that mumu man and him wife still remain for office after 2015. get make you and your wife begin pack go your village. Thief
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by tartar9(m): 4:00pm On Dec 13, 2014
per annum or per millenium
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by imagrg(m): 4:18pm On Dec 13, 2014
You see how difficult it would be for any law-maker to make heaven? They are responsible for the nation's economic woe. God will judge them all!
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by donhils: 4:28pm On Dec 13, 2014

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Governor Sanwo-Olu In Church, Works As 'Usher', Greets People (Video) / House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS / See Buhari's Reaction When He Was Announced Winner (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.