Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,416 members, 7,861,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:40 AM

Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? (3514 Views)

Buhari Without Ministers In Ten Days...(see His Achievement~~ What A Record) / Would The South-west Vote APC With Buhari As Presidential Candidate? / Fuel Sold At 50 kobo per litre Under General Buhari (without Subsidy) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by Nobody: 9:30am On Dec 13, 2014
omololu2020:
mr man which south south are u talkin about,speak for d ijaws alone.or u fink d itsekiris,benin,efik are ready to go to war because an ijaw man lost an election.my broda u ijaws are OYO

When we tell you guys to leave your enclave, its because of issues like this

To every Southern minority, SW have just proven that the theory of born to rule is uphold by them.

Guy travel round and discuss with minority people. It will surprise you how much they hate this born to rules and their ........

3 Likes

Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by omololu2020(m): 9:37am On Dec 13, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

When we tell you guys to leave your enclave, its because of issues like this

To every Southern minority, SW have just proven that the theory of born to rule is uphold by them.

Guy travel round and discuss with minority people. It will surprise you how much they hate this born to rules and their ........
u beta stop deceivin ursef,u mean a ibibio man or a man from obudu in cross river or d itsekiris u are tryin to tak dia land will go to war because an ijaw man lost an election,u dey mak me laf.just d way igbos vote dia war alone,dats d way ijaws will face d Nigerian army alone
Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by Kolade354(m): 9:40am On Dec 13, 2014
FreeGlobe:
As Buhari has been thrown in dilemma over the choice of running mate and since his most vocal supporters on nairaland are the yorubas, I want to know if these people will still support and vote Buhari if he picks a running mate from say south east or south south. Buhari won only in Osun state in 2011 with a yoruba running mate, what will likely be his fate in the south west if he doesn't pick a running mate from yorubaland. I smell hypocrisy here.
yoruba people are not sentimental.........anybody with common sense knowz jonathan is not running the affairs of this country very well.........buhari has my vote even if his running mate is obama

1 Like

Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 13, 2014
omololu2020:
u beta stop deceivin ursef,u mean a ibibio man or a man from obudu in cross river or d itsekiris u are tryin to tak dia land will go to war because an ijaw man lost an election,u dey mak me laf.just d way igbos vote dia war alone,dats d way ijaws will face d Nigerian army alone

Very soon it will surprise you that Southern minorities are not slave minded.

2 Likes

Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by Pataki: 9:58am On Dec 13, 2014
The truth is that even if APC selects a goat as the VP for Buhari, Yorubas will vote for APC. APC is widely accepted in the SW region.

Keep in mind that in 1999, when Obasanjo was even freshly out of prison, Yorubas voted against him! Even though he was set-up as a means to placate Yorubas against the injustice melted out to MKO.

Yorubas voted against a Ribadu/ADEOLA candidacy in 2011.

Yorubas voted against a Buhari/BAKARE candidacy in 2011.

But yet, same Yorubas voted for a Jonathan/Sambo idiocy.

The tide has changed. The Yorubas are sophisticated people. We believed Jonathan was a different breed. Alas! He is rather a worse breed than Abacha.

This time around, make no mistake! Yorubas will MASSIVELY VOTE AGAINST JONATHAN.

He has failed, and in our sophisticated way of thinking, we do not give a second chance for a failure like Jonathan and his ediotic team.

1 Like

Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by jojomario(m): 9:58am On Dec 13, 2014
why not.
Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by omololu2020(m): 10:09am On Dec 13, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

Very soon it will surprise you that Southern minorities are not slave minded.
very soon u will be surprise that southern minorities wia neva under a united kingdom,an itsekiri will neva fight an ijaw man war.
Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by pomporiking: 11:45am On Dec 13, 2014
Pataki:
The truth is that even if APC selects a goat as the VP for Buhari, Yorubas will vote for APC. APC is widely accepted in the SW region.

Keep in mind that in 1999, when Obasanjo was even freshly out of prison, Yorubas voted against him! Even though he was set-up as a means to placate Yorubas against the injustice melted out to MKO.

Yorubas voted against a Ribadu/ADEOLA candidacy in 2011.

Yorubas voted against a Buhari/BAKARE candidacy in 2011.

But yet, same Yorubas voted for a Jonathan/Sambo idiocy.

The tide has changed. The Yorubas are sophisticated people. We believed Jonathan was a different breed. Alas! He is rather a worse breed than Abacha.

This time around, make no mistake! Yorubas will MASSIVELY VOTE AGAINST JONATHAN.

He has failed, and in our sophisticated way of thinking, we do not give a second chance for a failure like Jonathan and his ediotic team.

You make some good points though,but I really don't see buhari winning SW
Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by gen2briz(m): 11:47am On Dec 13, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:
Shut Up! Na so you like South West! Let Buhari's picks credible person from Rwanda, South West Will VOTE him!

Anything is better than jonathan!

Even if na from iraq dem select the VP, na still buhari.

1 Like

Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by gratiaeo(m): 12:14pm On Dec 13, 2014
Trut:
APC supporters are too abusive. Answer the simple question she ask and stop abusing her.
Most of APC member on Nairaland are Yoruba. Yoruba people abuse for fun

You will see an Ijebu woman, early in the morning, just opening her shop and start dropping open abusive words over nothing.
‘’Baba, saanu mi laro kutukutu monday yi o, awon olorubuku
ma’sanfaani Kostoma (customer) ma je ki won ya sodo’mi o,,,,’’Baba, je ki won lo ku si’gbo’’
Don't try Ibadan people at all......
That is yoruba bad culture, and it has become thier addict, even the young ones that suppose to put a stop to it, they are the worst.
The reason i don't panic each time a yoruba Nairalander reign abusive words on me

1 Like

Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by Ayus34(m): 12:15pm On Dec 13, 2014
FreeGlobe:
As Buhari has been thrown in dilemma over the choice of running mate and since his most vocal supporters on nairaland are the yorubas, I want to know if these people will still support and vote Buhari if he picks a running mate from say south east or south south. Buhari won only in Osun state in 2011 with a yoruba running mate, what will likely be his fate in the south west if he doesn't pick a running mate from yorubaland. I smell hypocrisy here.
point of correction buhari didn't win osun state election in 2011,but ribadu. ....go and study ur history very well.
to answer ur question. ...as for me and my family cone 2015 by the special grace of God,buhari automatically remained our bonafide candidate.....we need change!!!
Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by Ayus34(m): 12:24pm On Dec 13, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

The APC Yorubas hope to take over power after Buhari.

The fact is, no GEJ no oil no Nigeria.

It is either SS person or Everyone bears his fathers name

SW should get ready to live with cocoa wealth why Core-North will live with groundnut wealth.

u can take over ur oil now...please we don't need it again! ! !
Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Dec 13, 2014
Ayus34:

u can take over ur oil now...please we don't need it again! ! !

God bless you

2015 We will part ways....
Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by fagin1982(m): 2:03pm On Dec 13, 2014
Its a pity Majority of the noise makers here do not have voters card ...

Its not about bin abusive with words ..Its all about exercising your franchise on the election day .

Buhari cant be the President of Nigeria ...
its a pity ..but thats the real truth ..
Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by Ayus34(m): 2:30pm On Dec 13, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

God bless you

2015 We will part ways....

AMEN and the Egyptian I'm seeing right now,I shall see them no more!!!
thanks bro as we go our different way come 2015
Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 13, 2014
Ayus34:

AMEN and the Egyptian I'm seeing right now,I shall see them no more!!!
thanks bro as we go our different way come 2015

Amen

At least after breakup we will then know the true progressive ethnic nations
Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Dec 13, 2014
Yolobass dont know how to lie, even if they succeded in phooling others many people know the brainbox of an average yoloba amala brain.

In your warped reasoning your not sentimental, when Nigeria threw up 2 yolobas in 1999 you phools voted for Olu Falae telling us you rejected Obj because he isnt a better person but in 2003 Buhari and Obj contested you voted for Obj instead of Buhari.

Your telling me your not sentimental and doesnt do things out of emotion, thunder that will fire you phools is doing press up.

9jii:
SOUTH WEST ARE NOT THAT SENTIMENTAL LIKE THE REST NIGERIANS.if you lived there u must knew it,they go with what works for them.
Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by Odutodaiwa: 3:48pm On Dec 13, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

Amen

O boy, i feel your pain seriously. Yorubas are not voting Jonathan, deal with it?. Jonathan is useless and divisive. He treated the rest of Nigeria as if they never mattered. Now is the time to take our pound of flesh and we have decided to take it where it hurts the most.

Omo yoruba ni mi o SWAGGER.....
Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by chamboy(m): 3:57pm On Dec 13, 2014
thegoodone2:
if buhari want 70% vote of Yoruba he must pick christain Yoruba.if he pick runing mate from ss or se they will vote for Gej because GEJ has 90% vote from Se and ss.if he pick musilm yoruba is a failure.
igbo pdp if hear.... we r not sentiment .... awon gidi lafe
Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by chamboy(m): 3:58pm On Dec 13, 2014
BuddahMonk:
Yolobass dont know how to lie, even if they succeded in phooling others many people know the brainbox of an average yoloba amala brain.

In your warped reasoning your not sentimental, when Nigeria threw up 2 yolobas in 1999 you phools voted for Olu Falae telling us you rejected Obj because he isnt a better person but in 2003 Buhari and Obj contested you voted for Obj instead of Buhari.

Your telling me your not sentimental and doesnt do things out of emotion, thunder that will fire you phools is doing press up.

ok bring anoda news
Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by 9jii(m): 4:02pm On Dec 13, 2014
BuddahMonk:

Buddah Monkey when you're rife for ritual,Chinese will take of you.
I don't knw you hv time to read my comment cox i never hv yours.
Whatever you said keep it to yourself.
Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by Ayus34(m): 4:38pm On Dec 13, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

Amen

U ARE VERY RIGHT BRO!
Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by Bayswater: 6:20pm On Dec 13, 2014
Why do we Yorubas arrogate unnecessary importance to ourselves? Why are we so tribalistic (as much as the igbos), two-faced and full of hatred?

Yorubas did not vote Obasanjo because it was obvious he was an Hausa-sponsored candidate. MKO Abiola's death was still fresh in our memories so any candidate that has links to the north at that point was not going to get Yoruba votes.

@OP: Whether Buhari picks a Yoruba as running mate or not, he will get some votes in the Southwest but I don't see him winning in any of the Southwestern states.

The noise about Buhari that you hear in here is from a few APC supporters that have been mandated by their masters to scream at the top of their voice to make it look like Buhari is now acceptable in the Southwest.

Where is he going to get the votes from? Are they going to fall from heaven?
Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Dec 13, 2014
Odutodaiwa:

O boy, i feel your pain seriously. Yorubas are not voting Jonathan, deal with it?. Jonathan is useless and divisive. He treated the rest of Nigeria as if they never mattered. Now is the time to take our pound of flesh and we have decided to take it where it hurts the most.

Omo yoruba ni mi o SWAGGER.....

GEJ is not only useless and divisive, the oil is also useless and divisive

I pity your SW brothers working in oil companies

No GEJ no oil no Nigeria

I hope you agree with me
Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 13, 2014
BuddahMonk:

Don't mind the hypocrites.
Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by MayorofLagos(m): 6:50pm On Dec 13, 2014
FreeGlobe:

There is no dilemma here. If Buhari wants to win he has to pick VP from SW, SIMPLE!
Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Dec 13, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

Don't mind the hypocrites.

We are not hypocrites we just don't like to cast our lot with failures.
Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Dec 13, 2014
Aigbofa:

We are not hypocrites we just don't like to cast our lot with failures.

Yes the way you guys did not cast your votes for Obj in 2003 and lost 5 states to PDP.
Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 13, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

Yes the way you guys did not cast your votes for Obj in 2003 and lost 5 states to PDP.

Ancient story. Different times, different circumstances.
Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by rosebowl01(m): 7:31pm On Dec 13, 2014
FreeGlobe:

You are looking at this matter from a completely bigoted and ethnocentric point of view. The other day, a lot of Buhari supporters (mainly the Yorubas that you mentioned) were rooting for either Amaechi, or Madam due process (I personally will prefer Ezekwesili as the vice president). I think the Yorubas are just disapointed with the ungrateful and limited mental ability of Jonathan considering the support he received from us when he was treated like a houseboy during Yaradua sickness saga, and during the first election. You cannot behave that way towards people, use threat of illiterate militants, and expect the same people to give you their support. A logical southeasterner, or southsoutherner is better than Jonathan!
Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by Rilwayne001: 7:34pm On Dec 13, 2014
@OP the TANoid aka TANjanweedian

We in the southwest will vote him, even if he picks his running mate from Togo
Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by Rilwayne001: 7:41pm On Dec 13, 2014
iykak47:
A lady that always behave like Oshodi motor park tout.

grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

OBASANJO SHUNS PDP, Jonathan Reconciliation Again! / Breaking: 4yrs Old Children Joined The Free Nnamdi Kanu Protest-pics / Owerri Under Lockdown By Biafra Seccessionists!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.