Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,348 members, 7,860,899 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:22 PM

Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? (3507 Views)

Buhari Without Ministers In Ten Days...(see His Achievement~~ What A Record) / Would The South-west Vote APC With Buhari As Presidential Candidate? / Fuel Sold At 50 kobo per litre Under General Buhari (without Subsidy) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by Safari29: 7:50pm On Dec 13, 2014
adongiv-a-dam even if the running mate is Mr. Bean

all I want is change
Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by modhream: 8:08pm On Dec 13, 2014
emmasege:
In addition, if he must pick VP from the old eastern region, it must be from the s/east. No sane s/southerner will vote for Amaechi as VP when there's an alternative of Jonathan as president. But he can use s/east VP choice to get significant number of votes from the region.
Also, Jonathan will have to double up his campaign in the north, particularly in the middle belt where religious sentiment may work for him. because this time around, buhari may get twice the number of votes he got in 2011 in the north east & west.
However it goes, jonathan will stil get the required one quarter in at least two thirds of the states in the federation. Even if he loses some northern states,he will still get the required number of votes. But I still have my doubt if buhari will be able to win two thirds of the states going by his records in 2011 election. Based on my own prediction, it will be hard for buhari to get one quarter of total votes cast in the following states: Bayelsa, Rivers, cross rivers, akwa ibom, edo, delta, enugu, imo, anambra, ebonyi, abia, benue, plateau, ekiti & ondo (15 states, leaving him with just 21 & falling short of the required 24 states). Run off is not an impossibility in the next general election.
Kindly take out Anambra in that your calculation n we'll be good.
My problem with tribalists on both sides of the political spectrum this forum,is that they don't even know the road to Anambra or has been years last they were here yet they presume to speak for us.
Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by Caseless: 8:17pm On Dec 13, 2014
FreeGlobe:
As Buhari has been thrown in dilemma over the choice of running mate and since his most vocal supporters on nairaland are the yorubas, I want to know if these people will still support and vote Buhari if he picks a running mate from say south east or south south. Buhari won only in Osun state in 2011 with a yoruba running mate, what will likely be his fate in the south west if he doesn't pick a running mate from yorubaland. I smell hypocrisy here.
u dont evn knw anything. So, buhari won osun? It was ribadu that won osun.
Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by Caseless: 8:28pm On Dec 13, 2014
emmasege:
In addition, if he must pick VP from the old eastern region, it must be from the s/east. No sane s/southerner will vote for Amaechi as VP when there's an alternative of Jonathan as president. But he can use s/east VP choice to get significant number of votes from the region.
Also, Jonathan will have to double up his campaign in the north, particularly in the middle belt where religious sentiment may work for him. because this time around, buhari may get twice the number of votes he got in 2011 in the north east & west.
However it goes, jonathan will stil get the required one quarter in at least two thirds of the states in the federation. Even if he loses some northern states,he will still get the required number of votes. But I still have my doubt if buhari will be able to win two thirds of the states going by his records in 2011 election. Based on my own prediction, it will be hard for buhari to get one quarter of total votes cast in the following states: Bayelsa, Rivers, cross rivers, akwa ibom, edo, delta, enugu, imo, anambra, ebonyi, abia, benue, plateau, ekiti & ondo (15 states, leaving him with just 21 & falling short of the required 24 states). Run off is not an impossibility in the next general election.
jst wait and see how buhari wil spring surprise in these states this time around.
Re: Will The South West Vote Buhari Without A Yoruba Running Mate? by tola9ja: 9:03pm On Dec 14, 2014
grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The First Woman To Tasteā€¦ .. Under GMB /GEJ / 3 Reasons Why President Buhari Postponed Zahra's Wedding / Governor Obaseki Melts Hearts With This: As Adams Oshiomole's Videos Surface Onl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.