Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,918 members, 7,828,201 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Benue APC Settles For Ortom As Governorship Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benue APC Settles For Ortom As Governorship Candidate (2321 Views)

Lagos APGA To Adopt Ambode As Governorship Candidate / Court Bars Jimi Agbaje From Parading Himself As Governorship Candidate / Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benue APC Settles For Ortom As Governorship Candidate by kaywizee(m): 9:09am On Dec 13, 2014
Former Minister of Trade, Investment and Industry, Chief Samuel Ortom has emerged as the All Progressive Congress (APC) governorship candidate in Benue State.

Chief Ortom emerged after other governorship aspirants stepped down for him at the end of a close door meeting brokered by the senate minority leader, Senator George Akume, in Makurdi.

APC governorship aspirants who stepped down for Chief Ortom are Mike Iordye, Akange Audu and Emmanuel Jime.

Chief Ortom will now face PDP candidate Terhemen Tarzor in the general elections.

In the last one week the Senate Minority Leader, Dr. George Akume, has admitted PDP bigwigs into APC family in Benue State.

First to dump PDP for APC is a former National Chairman of the PDP and BOT member, Chief Barnabas Gemade, who also picked the  Benue North East senatorial  seat ticket and will face Governor Gabriel Suswam.

Source:

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/benue-apc-settles-ortom-governorship-candidate/

http://oyiidoma..nl/2014/12/benue-apc-settles-for-ortom-as.html

Re: Benue APC Settles For Ortom As Governorship Candidate by Soloter(m): 9:31am On Dec 13, 2014
I'm no longer impressed with this man of the people. long ago he was told to decamp to APC so he'll fulfill his gubernatorial ambition but he's been reluctant, now that the reality has dawned upon him, he's done the obvious. this man will go back to pdp if he wins the election.
Re: Benue APC Settles For Ortom As Governorship Candidate by mazzi: 11:20am On Dec 13, 2014
Just last month,this man was a minister in Gej's kworupt govt.apc is jst a vampire and hypocritical party.mr anti kworuption(buhari)i hope u will rely on this kworupt former fee de fee man to win vote for u?ndi ara.lolz.
Re: Benue APC Settles For Ortom As Governorship Candidate by Trut(m): 11:33am On Dec 13, 2014
APC = PDP dumping ground or PDP waste bin
Re: Benue APC Settles For Ortom As Governorship Candidate by kokoA(m): 12:37pm On Dec 13, 2014
Soloter:
I'm no longer impressed with this man of the people. long ago he was told to decamp to APC so he'll fulfill his gubernatorial ambition but he's been reluctant, now that the reality has dawned upon him, he's done the obvious. this man will go back to pdp if he wins the election.
He really messed up bro. There was no way he could have won that PDP primaries, even with all the "Abuja connection". Sesuwan was ready to do whatever it takes to impose Tarzoor, a very unpopular candidate on the people. Ortom would have ported immediately he left GEJ's cabinet and APC would have willingly given him the ticket without qualms since he is currently the most popular politician in the whole of Benue. He left it late till when the likes of Emmanuel Jime, Akange, Ugba and co who have stood by APC for long have spent their resources on campaigns. This move will bring division among Benue APC certainly. I pray they are able to settle before February for the sake of Benue state. Only Ortom can wrestle power from PDP and bring hope to Benue people.. With Ortom and Gemade's decampment, if APC put their house in order, it is going to be an easy coast to victory for them in Benue come 2015.
Re: Benue APC Settles For Ortom As Governorship Candidate by amakaeugene: 1:12pm On Dec 13, 2014
Brace urself change is here
Re: Benue APC Settles For Ortom As Governorship Candidate by laimo(m): 2:05pm On Dec 13, 2014
Get ready to send Jonathan back to otuoke.

1 Like

Re: Benue APC Settles For Ortom As Governorship Candidate by laimo(m): 2:05pm On Dec 13, 2014
Get ready to send Jonathan back to otuoke.

2015 is the year for Nigeria Rebirth.

1 Like

Re: Benue APC Settles For Ortom As Governorship Candidate by laimo(m): 2:15pm On Dec 13, 2014
From waste that is pdp

To WEALTH that is APC.

From grass that is pdp

To GRACE that is APC.

From poo that is pdp

To FERTILIZER that is APC.

APC attracts GREAT MEN.

pdp destroys all people's lives.

pdp the burial ground

APC the INCUBATOR.

pdp turn men into slaves

APC turns MEN into GREAT MEN.

We disown pdp

WE CHOOSE APC. #noapologies

1 Like

Re: Benue APC Settles For Ortom As Governorship Candidate by Zuria(f): 2:31pm On Dec 13, 2014
Here in Benue state, the locals don't have access to the internet...all they know is PDP.

If APC campaigns would be taken to the grassroot and sensitize indigenes with their brand of change, the PDP won't have an easy ride.
Re: Benue APC Settles For Ortom As Governorship Candidate by Krak(m): 2:37pm On Dec 13, 2014
Zuria:
Here in Benue state, the locals don't have access to the internet...all they know is PDP.

If APC campaigns would be taken to the grassroot and sensitize indigenes with their brand of change, the PDP won't have an easy ride.

Wrong...am also in Benue State. And its not only PDP that they know.

2 Likes

Re: Benue APC Settles For Ortom As Governorship Candidate by Zuria(f): 2:41pm On Dec 13, 2014
Krak:

Wrong...am also in Benue State. And its not only PDP that they know.

I'm @igumale...maybe you should come visit when you get a pass grin
Re: Benue APC Settles For Ortom As Governorship Candidate by Krak(m): 2:47pm On Dec 13, 2014
Zuria:

I'm @igumale...maybe you should come visit when you get a pass grin

Never heard of that place before. Is it a town o4 a village?
Re: Benue APC Settles For Ortom As Governorship Candidate by Zuria(f): 2:53pm On Dec 13, 2014
Krak:

Never heard of that place before. Is it a town o4 a village?

grin in Agatu LGA...let's just call it a town. It's not as "t.u.s.h" & popular as Markudi...but we get by grin
Re: Benue APC Settles For Ortom As Governorship Candidate by Krak(m): 3:44pm On Dec 13, 2014
Zuria:

grin in Agatu LGA...let's just call it a town. It's not as "t.u.s.h" & popular as Markudi...but we get by grin

Thats interesting. I have been hearing of Agatu for some time. Are you Igala?
Re: Benue APC Settles For Ortom As Governorship Candidate by Zuria(f): 4:01pm On Dec 13, 2014
Krak:

Thats interesting. I have been hearing of Agatu for some time. Are you Igala?

Naa...Nigerian grin the locals here enjoy beer parlor gossip and detest anything outside PDP. Ask them one thing they have gained from the PDP led government you'll be labelled a terrorist sent to spy on them grin grin

1 Like

Re: Benue APC Settles For Ortom As Governorship Candidate by PaulJohn1: 4:15pm On Dec 13, 2014
Zuria:

Naa...Nigerian grin the locals here enjoy beer parlor gossip and detest anything outside PDP. Ask them one thing they have gained from the PDP led government you'll be labelled a terrorist sent to spy on them grin grin

grin grin
Re: Benue APC Settles For Ortom As Governorship Candidate by Krak(m): 4:20pm On Dec 13, 2014
Zuria:

Am a fellow Nigerian too. Plds to meet you.

The people have obviously been conditioned and brainwashed by years of PDP propaganda. But dont worry it can always be changed.

Although I dont belong to any party.
Re: Benue APC Settles For Ortom As Governorship Candidate by Zuria(f): 4:39pm On Dec 13, 2014
PaulJohn1:

grin grin

Seriously
Krak:

Am a fellow Nigerian too. Plds to meet you.
The people have obviously been conditioned and brainwashed by years of PDP propaganda. But dont worry it can always be changed.
Although I dont belong to any party.

I don't belong to any political party too....

Most of us spend so much time online without knowing what other electorates think. We assume the next person wants change as much as we do.

NL which is among the top 10 most the most visited site in Nigeria, has less than 1.5M members, which is less than 1% of our estimated population as a nation. Of the numbers of registered NLDERS probably about less than 150,000 have PVCs to effect the change / continuity they want.

I just pray for a peaceful election here in Benue and Nigeria as a whole.
Re: Benue APC Settles For Ortom As Governorship Candidate by arent88(m): 5:18pm On Dec 13, 2014
Zuria:

Seriously

Most of us spend so much time online without knowing what other electorates think. We assume the next person wants change as much as we do.

NL which is among the top 10 most the most visited site in Nigeria, has less than 1.5M members, which is less than 1% of our estimated population as a nation. Of the numbers of registered NLDERS probably about less than 150,000 have PVCs to effect the change / continuity they want.

wow am impressed.sorry to deviate from topic.i heard dat agatu people ar very troublesome and hostile hw true is dat.
Re: Benue APC Settles For Ortom As Governorship Candidate by Krak(m): 5:46pm On Dec 13, 2014
Zuria:

Seriously

You have a point here.

But I do not forsee a peaceful election, especially in Benue State. That is why I declined to do any kind of INEC Electioneering job during this election.

I know what I experienced during the PVC distribution in Makurdi which is childsplay compared to what is coming up in February.

(1) (Reply)

YAYI, APC Senate Candidate Assassination Attempt On Mr. Aeroland, PDP Candidate / Full Text Of Alhaji Shehu Shagari's Letter To Buhari. / A Plea To The Mods On Radio BIAFRA Threads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.