Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,649 members, 7,813,187 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

Why I Will Not Vote Buhari Even Though I Voted Him B4 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Will Not Vote Buhari Even Though I Voted Him B4 (2131 Views)

Ministers Fear Loosing Thier Jobs: Wont Argue With Buhari Even If He Is Wrong / Lucy Bisi-onabanjo: ‘I Voted For Buhari Despite Jailing My Husband Because...' / I'v Start Regreting Why I Voted For Gej. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Will Not Vote Buhari Even Though I Voted Him B4 by ajoguegbe(m): 11:37am On Dec 13, 2014
I voted Buhari in the last election because I believed he will fight corruption Nigeria's biggest problem. I will not make that mistake again. Here is why
1. Sectionalism: Buhari has failed to carry a major tribe along in his campaign-The Igbos. It is as if he is not even concerned about their vote or voice-hence his not trying-a failed attempt is justifiable enough. For a group of people most widely traveled and scattered in almost every part of Nigeria, they would need assurance that they would be voting a leader that will make policies to accommodate their versatility. Yet he doesn't even campaign in the South East. I think we need a president that will be accepted by all tribes and religion, even if it is just a minority from that tribe. I loved someone that suggested Obi Ezekewesili as a running mate to him. She's Igbo, She's Christian, She's a woman, She's no-nonsense. I believe she would have balanced the equation.

2. Borrowing lifestyle: While the general masses who are not into building enterprises will actually think that being poor is a form of piety- I beg to differ. A true leader must succeed in other areas like business, social works etc. If after many years of "affecting lives", Buhari has not built enough social capital to support his ambition or even have someone that will even build him a house just in appreciation then I doubt his credibility and reliability. He borrows money to build houses, to pick form etc. Its either he was not affecting lives or he does not know how to manage and multiply resources, or he lives above his means( if you must borrow, let it be to invest in business, not to build houses. It is dangerous to hand over the wealth and aspirations of over 170 million people to such a man as he will assume that every rich man is a thief. He may kill corruption but will also kill the economy with it

3. Aged and Old fashioned: Buhari is not in tune with the changing times due to his age. Imagine someone in this modern times declaring cows as his asset. In his recent vociferous declaration of asset he said he cannot stay without cows, so he has 20 of them (Never seen a man with 20pets). I want a leader that understands and uses computer, internet, social media etc. You can't fight modern corruption without such knowledge. 21st Century fraud has gone online, only a young man in tune with technology can fight it. Passion without knowledge will result to foolishness. Many will steal you dry without touching physical cash but with one click of the mouse

4. Void of true leadership ideals: At that age and with the positions he has handled in government, he is supposed to have raised so many Buhari's from the North-men empowered and baptized with the same rugged principles and values he believes. The reason killing Jesus did not stop Jesus is that he has raised 12 other men as ‘dangerous’ as he was. At 30 Jesus could boldly say that his mission is mission is finished something Buhari cannot say at 71. He still weeps that he is not given opportunity to rule. We don't just need a leader, we need a mentor that is what leadership is all about-INFLUENCE.

5. High handedness: In as much as we want someone that will fight corruption, we still don't need a brutal fellow that acts out of emotion but one that does it out of wisdom. The innocent can suffer along with the guilty just because a man wants to prove a point. It is better for 5 guilty people to go free than for one innocent person to suffer. I have seen prophets beheaded because one king wants to show that he is a man of his words. Buharis toughness may have worked in the military era not in democracy where it has to pass through the Houses of Assembly(another bunch of corrupt leaders). He stands the risk of being impeached

Source:http://think2wize..com/2014/12/why-i-will-not-vote-buhari-again-come.html

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Will Not Vote Buhari Even Though I Voted Him B4 by nairalife2013(m): 11:42am On Dec 13, 2014
Great penmanship. I particularly like the last phrase.
Re: Why I Will Not Vote Buhari Even Though I Voted Him B4 by Gmajor(m): 11:44am On Dec 13, 2014
well written n filled with facts.
Re: Why I Will Not Vote Buhari Even Though I Voted Him B4 by chemali: 11:45am On Dec 13, 2014
Balderdash!

If you considered yourself smart by that write-up, I would love to bring it to your notice that it's worthy of the dustbin. Every enemy of Nigeria will be disgraced next year.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Will Not Vote Buhari Even Though I Voted Him B4 by amakaeugene: 11:52am On Dec 13, 2014
Mr Tan you just shot urself in the leg because once a buhari supporter always a buhari supporter. Its funny how u expose ur lies to the public. If u said u voted 4 him in 2011 you must have ur reason and actually a man cannot change who he is. So now that gmb have 90% change of clinching the ticket you claim u wont vote again how pathetic of your falsehood. Igbos are the ones sucking gej cock, thats not gmb fault. If u hate him for no reason expect 4 things in ur imagination, should he cry about it. He has to move on and leave igbo in their darkness and second citizen place gej has positioned them to

11 Likes

Re: Why I Will Not Vote Buhari Even Though I Voted Him B4 by ruffp: 12:00pm On Dec 13, 2014
Another TANoid in action. Its either that or u don't have firm values u beliv in. U claim to have voted buhari in the last election.....so r u sayin that these values u listed (lets even assume they are true) didn't.exist in 2011? For ur info, campaigns cost money and buhari didnt even campaign in all the northern states so sayin he didnt come to the south delibrately isnt exactly true. Ur second point only buttresses why the country is the way it is-filled with a corrupt people. Do u think everyone stock-piled money somewhere? Ur type have not even questioned how certain individuals are able to afford the kinda lifestyles dey bask in. 3rdly, what makes one old-fashioned? The fact that u dont use twitter,not on facebook? Puleaseeeeee......say smtin that makes sense. Leadership is about identifyin the right kinda team to work with....once u can get that right u have done half the job. The rest is all about decision-making based on what ur team has brought forward. His job is not to write on facebook,nairaland and twitter. 4thly, its wrong for u to assume he doesnt have people groomed who also believes in his principles....infact the mere fact that he has people ready to jump @his side show clearly that so many people beliv in what he stands for.....just wait till he becomes prez and u'd c the way things would change positively in this country. Lastly, its clear u have refused to c that military rule and civilian rule are 2 diff ball games. All we nid is an individual that has the political will to take the hard decisions.

9 Likes

Re: Why I Will Not Vote Buhari Even Though I Voted Him B4 by ItsMeAboki(m): 12:03pm On Dec 13, 2014
Oboy, go keep your tiny one vote, GMB doesn't need it to win when millions are out there willing to cue to vote for him.
Change is coming, Change is on its way; better get ready to receive it or be consume by it.

9 Likes

Re: Why I Will Not Vote Buhari Even Though I Voted Him B4 by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 13, 2014
'the dogs and baboon will be soaked in blood' - Buhari
'no politicians ambition is worth the blood of any nigerian' - Goodluck Ebele Jonathan

GEJ Till 2019

5 Likes

Re: Why I Will Not Vote Buhari Even Though I Voted Him B4 by ruffp: 12:24pm On Dec 13, 2014
DrJoe1:
'the dogs and baboon will be soaked in blood' - Buhari
'no politicians ambition is worth the blood of any nigerian' - Goodluck Ebele Jonathan

GEJ Till 2019

Use another format! This one is stale.......GMB2015

8 Likes

Re: Why I Will Not Vote Buhari Even Though I Voted Him B4 by MORNDEW(m): 12:51pm On Dec 13, 2014
ajoguegbe:
I voted Buhari in the last election because I believed he will fight corruption Nigeria's biggest problem. I will not make that mistake again. Here is why
1. Sectionalism: Buhari has failed to carry a major tribe along in his campaign-The Igbos. It is as if he is not even concerned about their vote. He has never tried to convince or win them over. For a group of people most widely travelled and scattered in almost every part of Nigeria, the leader should flow with them as their safety should be a guarantee. He doesn't campaign there. I think we need a president that will be accepted by all tribes, even if it is the minorities of the tribe. I loved someone that suggested Obi Ezekewesili as a running mate. She's Igbo, She's Christian, SHe's a woman, She's no-nonsense. I believe she would have balanced the equation

2. Borrowing lifestyle: While the general masses who are not into big business will actually think that being poor is piety. I beg to differ. A true leader must succeed in other areas like business, social works etc. If after many years of "affecting lives", Buhari has not built enough social capital to support his ambition or soneone that will even build him a house just in appreciation then I doubt his credibility. He borrows money to build house[b]s[/b], to pick form etc. Its either he was not affecting lives or he does not know how to manage and multiply resources.

3. Aged and Old fashioned: Buhari is not in tune with the changing times due to his age. Imagine someone in this modern times declaring cows as his asset that he can not stay without cows. I want a leader that understands and uses computer, social media etc. You can't fight modern corruption without such knowledge. Passion without knowledge will result to foolishness. Many will steal you dry without touching physical cash

4. Not a true leader: At that age he is supposed to have raised so many Buhari's from the North-men empowered with the same principles and values he believes. The reason killing Jesus did not stop Jesus is that he has raised 12 other men as dangerous as he is. We don't just need a leader, we need a mentor that is what leadership is all about-INFLUENCE.

5. High handed: In as much as we want someone that will fight corruption, we still don't need a brutal fellow that acts out of emotion but one that does it out of wisdom. The innocent can suffer along with the guilty just because a man wants to prove a point.
You ar a dead lier you never voted buhari. Anyway, your case is already decided here.https://www.nairaland.com/2042597/story-anger-gods-man#28842793

3 Likes

Re: Why I Will Not Vote Buhari Even Though I Voted Him B4 by queencalipso(f): 1:13pm On Dec 13, 2014
I just hate nairaland politics, they can't argue reasonably without insults. Especially the buhari supporters, I can't bear to read most peoples comments because of insults no constructive arguements only insults and abuses. Some people really have anger management issue.

9 Likes

Re: Why I Will Not Vote Buhari Even Though I Voted Him B4 by ItsMeAboki(m): 1:14pm On Dec 13, 2014
GMB2015

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Not Vote Buhari Even Though I Voted Him B4 by ajoguegbe(m): 2:02pm On Dec 13, 2014
amakaeugene:
Mr Tan you just shot urself in the leg because once a buhari supporter always a buhari supporter. Its funny how u expose ur lies to the public. If u said u voted 4 him in 2011 you must have ur reason and actually a man cannot change who he is. So now that gmb have 90% change of clinching the ticket you claim u wont vote again how pathetic of your falsehood. Igbos are the ones sucking gej cock, thats not gmb fault. If u hate him for no reason expect 4 things in ur imagination, should he cry about it. He has to move on and leave igbo in their darkness and second citizen place gej has positioned them to

This is my first time commenting on Nigeria politics. I stay away from it. I voted him then because of Bakare. I believed they were a good match,until I heard there plans to remove Tunde Bakare. I am an upright Nigerian that wants the best for my country not the insulting type. So goodluck to all those that came to insult, if you really have values, it would have shown in how you use words, but you are just blind followers who are ready to kill and even die for no good reason

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Not Vote Buhari Even Though I Voted Him B4 by amakaeugene: 2:29pm On Dec 13, 2014
ajoguegbe:

This is my first time commenting on Nigeria politics. I stay away from it. I voted him then because of Bakare. I believed they were a good match,until I heard there plans to remove Tunde Bakare. I am an upright Nigerian that wants the best for my country not the insulting type. So goodluck to all those that came to insult, if you really have values, it would have shown in how you use words, but you are just blind followers who are ready to kill and even die for no good reason
maybe the saying that says the type of question u ask is the type of response u get applied. Goodluck to u TAN

3 Likes

Re: Why I Will Not Vote Buhari Even Though I Voted Him B4 by BrokenTV: 3:02pm On Dec 13, 2014
chemali:
Balderdash!

If you considered yourself smart by that write-up, I would love to bring it to your notice that it's worthy of the dustbin. Every enemy of Nigeria will be disgraced next year.
Is good to sometimes reason with your brain, and not be a coward all the times. if you can't pick a point from what he wrote and you write this trash then you are a gunner.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Will Not Vote Buhari Even Though I Voted Him B4 by Curlieweed: 3:39pm On Dec 13, 2014
queencalipso:
I just hate nairaland politics, they can't argue reasonably without insults. Especially the buhari supporters, I can't bear to read most peoples comments because of insults no constructive arguements only insults and abuses. Some people really have anger management issue.

What kind of constructive arguments do you expect from janjawids? How Buhari will use the armed forces to defend our economy? Or how Buhari will stabilize global oil prices?

The absofucking truth is that Buhari made a speech openly supporting "total" Sharia when other members of the Northern Muslim elite were more circumspect in their support. His open support for Sharia earned him the unalloyed love and loyalty of the poor and dispossessed in the North (Religion is the opium of the masses). Most of the Janjawids supporting him do so only to take advantage of this block of ignorant support.

They know that Buhari is a fascist and not a progressive. They know that he doesnt have a clue about how a modern economy works. They are also aware of all the colossal sums of money that gets missing anytime he gets into a position of trust, whether at NNPC ($2.8 Billion), Head of State (53 suitcases) and PTF boss (25 Billion).

3 Likes

Re: Why I Will Not Vote Buhari Even Though I Voted Him B4 by SeverusSnape(m): 4:15pm On Dec 13, 2014
queencalipso:
Spot on dear... you're so so right, It annoys me a lot, like you rightly said, most especially Buhari supporters.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Will Not Vote Buhari Even Though I Voted Him B4 by brownlord2: 4:43pm On Dec 13, 2014
queencalipso:

Welcome

thuggery and hooliganism has move from the street, 50% of people you find on this section are hired thugs paid to troll online. Don't be deceived

Wonder why any sane human can support a party or politician, even if the politician is a robber provided he belongs to their party, they don't have problem. Enjoy the fresh air or change

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Not Vote Buhari Even Though I Voted Him B4 by brownlord2: 4:52pm On Dec 13, 2014
@op I agree with all your point except no1, the south east people to my understanding seems to be going with pdp, so its a total waste of time for the man to depend on the region, everything equal other regions can give him the needed vote even if the SE vote against him.

Number 2 is what I've tried to sink into some of the buharist head, they just can't get it, how can a general in the army borrow money to build a house? When there are warrant officers in forces who owns more than 1 house, they are not corrupt. The man is not a good manager or just giving us another version of I had no shoe.

The new one now is " I have atleast 1 million naira in my bank account " story for osogbo gods

2 Likes

Re: Why I Will Not Vote Buhari Even Though I Voted Him B4 by ajoguegbe(m): 5:30pm On Dec 13, 2014
brownlord2:
@op I agree with all your point except no1, the south east people to my understanding seems to be going with pdp, so its a total waste of time for the man to depend on the region, everything equal other regions can give him the needed vote even if the SE vote against him.
I am only saying he is not helping matters. He has not done anything to try to dowse their fears. Put yourself in their shoes and you will understand. If Buhari wins without their vote, don't be surprised if the cry for secession(Biafra) becomes louder and even secretly supported by state governments
Number 2 is what I've tried to sink into some of the buharist head, they just can't get it, how can a general in the army borrow money to build a house? When there are warrant officers in forces who owns more than 1 house, they are not corrupt. The man is not a good manager or just giving us another version of I had no shoe.
Please tell them. Borrowing is not a virtue yet many of them are proud that he borrows

The new one now is " I have atleast 1 million naira in my bank account " story for osogbo gods
The trick in that statement is that "at least 1 million Naira" can be 1 billion Naira
Re: Why I Will Not Vote Buhari Even Though I Voted Him B4 by EloquentMedia: 3:35am On Dec 14, 2014
Valid points
Re: Why I Will Not Vote Buhari Even Though I Voted Him B4 by tit(f): 3:42am On Dec 14, 2014
amakaeugene:
Mr Tan you just shot urself in the leg because once a buhari supporter always a buhari supporter.

sorry oo.
i also voted for buhari before.
i do not regret that but i have seen the light now.

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Not Vote Buhari Even Though I Voted Him B4 by amakaeugene: 8:06am On Dec 14, 2014
tit:

sorry oo.
i also voted for buhari before.
i do not regret that but i have seen the light now.
and you light is cluelessnes and ineffiencies
Re: Why I Will Not Vote Buhari Even Though I Voted Him B4 by EloquentMedia: 8:40am On Dec 14, 2014
amakaeugene:
and you light is cluelessnes and ineffiencies
Nobody says GEJ is the light. Its a pity you cant see even though you are looking. Keeping recycling leaders. The same military that put us where we are trying to come out from you want to take us back.
Re: Why I Will Not Vote Buhari Even Though I Voted Him B4 by Hardheolar(m): 9:11am On Dec 14, 2014
TANdroids at work.. Any weapon fashioned against
GMB come 2015 shall not prosper..
Re: Why I Will Not Vote Buhari Even Though I Voted Him B4 by Djicemob: 9:17am On Dec 14, 2014
chemali:
Balderdash!

Balderish,but how in the world did you succeed in making a point here? You actually said nothing.
Re: Why I Will Not Vote Buhari Even Though I Voted Him B4 by ahaika23: 10:07am On Dec 14, 2014
EloquentMedia:

Nobody says GEJ is the light. Its a pity you cant see even though you are looking. Keeping recycling leaders. The same military that put us where we are trying to come out from you want to take us back.
Let them keep deceiving themselves.
Re: Why I Will Not Vote Buhari Even Though I Voted Him B4 by ahaika23: 10:08am On Dec 14, 2014
Hardheolar:
TANdroids at work.. Any weapon fashioned against
GMB come 2015 shall not prosper..
you de quote bible for muslim fanatic eh, if him catch you eh, na knife go arrange your throat
Re: Why I Will Not Vote Buhari Even Though I Voted Him B4 by EloquentMedia: 6:48pm On Dec 14, 2014
ahaika23:
you de quote bible for muslim fanatic eh, if him catch you eh, na knife go arrange your throat
LOL

(1) (Reply)

Oil Price Recovers - Jumps From $59 To $63 / Buhari's WASSC Statement Of Result Released / Buhari Will Die In Office Prophet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.