Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,486 members, 7,826,838 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

My YABDI Youth Agri Busi. Dev Initiative Experience - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My YABDI Youth Agri Busi. Dev Initiative Experience (2099 Views)

Get Ready To Attend YABDI Lagos Special Agribusiness Innovation Program / Nairaland Farmers Converge @ogbomosho 4 Youth Agri-business Initiative(yabdi) / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My YABDI Youth Agri Busi. Dev Initiative Experience by jethro2: 3:33pm On Dec 13, 2014
I have always been a dreamer. One persistent dream of mine is to meet selfless youth, passionate individuals, people that see what eyes could not see, those that have vision, that can propelled into the future.
Never in my wildest dream could i ever thought of
team YABDI.
For bringing in some little hope. Guys, you are the bomb.
Re: My YABDI Youth Agri Busi. Dev Initiative Experience by jethro2: 3:42pm On Dec 13, 2014
"Nairaland people has come again with their fallacy"
That was what came to my mnd when i drop the call from World1.
"Could you imagine? He want me to participate in what could be another scam. i thought within me"
"Dont bother yourself" Theyve come with their 419 proposals. Ignore them.

Few days later.
grin, grin,,grin
"Who again? I thought as i checked the phone.
Nairaland World . Within me
The guy get plenty credit.
courtesy demands i pick
so i did
Re: My YABDI Youth Agri Busi. Dev Initiative Experience by Pavore9: 3:48pm On Dec 13, 2014
Following as you share your experience as l love seeing youths productively engaging themselves in stuffs that creates value .

1 Like

Re: My YABDI Youth Agri Busi. Dev Initiative Experience by jethro2: 4:01pm On Dec 13, 2014
Pavore9:
Following as you share your experience as l love seeing youths productively engaging themselves in stuffs that creates value .
Thank you for your interest
Re: My YABDI Youth Agri Busi. Dev Initiative Experience by hotmas911(m): 5:49pm On Dec 13, 2014
Followin! how was your trip?
Re: My YABDI Youth Agri Busi. Dev Initiative Experience by jasper7(m): 6:30pm On Dec 13, 2014
It was good to have you. You inspired me a lot. Great work you are doing there.
Re: My YABDI Youth Agri Busi. Dev Initiative Experience by brainiac007: 7:38pm On Dec 13, 2014
Jetro2, I appreciate you. You truly inspired me at the training.
Re: My YABDI Youth Agri Busi. Dev Initiative Experience by jethro2: 7:37am On Dec 14, 2014
hotmas911:
Followin! how was your trip?
Trip was hectic but fine. Thank you so much our landlord for being such a wonderful host
Re: My YABDI Youth Agri Busi. Dev Initiative Experience by jethro2: 7:42am On Dec 14, 2014
jasper7:
It was good to have you. You inspired me a lot. Great work you are doing there.
My people said when you have not been to somebody's farm. You tend to claim your fathers farm is the largest. I m humbled. Now you have to watch for we competitors. Thanks for sharing from your wealth of knowledge
Re: My YABDI Youth Agri Busi. Dev Initiative Experience by jethro2: 7:44am On Dec 14, 2014
brainiac007:
Jetro2, I appreciate you. You truly inspired me at the training.
For making the move, you all deserve a big award. Nothing is constant but change. The time is now. You are highly welcome
Re: My YABDI Youth Agri Busi. Dev Initiative Experience by hotmas911(m): 7:54am On Dec 14, 2014
I love farming and farmers! Jethro, World1, Jasper7, Kalusam you guys are great! I celeberate you all. Thank you for giving your best.
Re: My YABDI Youth Agri Busi. Dev Initiative Experience by jethro2: 8:07am On Dec 14, 2014
Back to my Epistle.
I am sorry I could not continue yesterday because i was on the road.

" Could you give me the description to your farm? We want to visit tomorrow.
< Who are the we?> I thought in my mind
"Visit my farm? I replied.
Yes. Visit the farm and discuss how to empower youths in Agriculture. That was the voice from the other end.
" Within me" Awon people yi o tie serious. Meaning : These guys must be joking.
Obviously they want to scam people of their little stipends remaining. "any way, its non of my business. All i know is i will not be a part to whatever.
" Unfortunately, I have a programme to attend in another place tomorrow. (Which was the truth). So i told him.
"Where is the place? Can we meet you there? If only for some minute. That was Nairaland World
Hmnnn. Okay. I will be in Igbeti as from 10 am tomorrow.
Give me the description. he said
lol . Even me i dont know the description of where i am going.
Call me when you are on your way I said. by then i would have locate the place and hence be able to give description.
Till tomorrow then.
So we conclude
hmnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Re: My YABDI Youth Agri Busi. Dev Initiative Experience by Pavore9: 8:31am On Dec 14, 2014
l personally love farm visits as it is enriching, l recall spending some time in a greenhouse of 24ft by 90ft managed by a Rev. Sister l was awed when l saw in it fishponds with abt 10,000 catfish & 5000 tilapia then strawberry growing without SOIL!

1 Like

Re: My YABDI Youth Agri Busi. Dev Initiative Experience by jethro2: 8:39am On Dec 14, 2014
Some brief description
My farm is in a village called Ago Amodu in Saki East LGA of oyo State. Oyo state is one of the state that have the largest land mass in the South west. it shares boarders with Kwara states, Ogun state and Osun state. Moving from some LGA to another LGA could be a long long journey.
Re: My YABDI Youth Agri Busi. Dev Initiative Experience by jethro2: 8:52am On Dec 14, 2014
IITA has been working on reducing aflatoxin in Maize. Since I am an ordinary farmer, I may not be able to explain the fungi or the virus or whatever aflatoxin is. My simple understanding is that its toxic, poisonous in the sense that it causes cancer in adults and it reduces development and growth in children. Every maize produce is now been tested for aflatoxin level.
IITA has the mandate to produce Aflasafe which can be use to reduce the level of aflatoxin in maize when properly applied and the maize treated from the farm.
Enlightening farmers on the use of Aflasafe has not been easy considering the fact that they have to buy aflasafe.
Without Aflasafe, your maize is poisonous and is not good for consumption.
IITA team on Aflasafe was around to see the progress of things so they have to choose a central place for the farmers to meet. My reason for being in Igbeti.
Re: My YABDI Youth Agri Busi. Dev Initiative Experience by phollar(m): 12:12pm On Dec 14, 2014
thank you very much Jethro2, i was really inspired to meet you and learn from you, i will be visiting your farm soon as i want to learn more, the Yabdi programme was more than a training, i really thank God for the Opportunity to meet with great good people like world1, jasper7, jethro2, hotmass911, kalusam, e.t.c.
Re: My YABDI Youth Agri Busi. Dev Initiative Experience by solbash11(m): 7:31pm On Dec 14, 2014
It was a great priviledege to be present at the YABDI training program @ ogbomosho, and certainly it was an honour to meet with you guys ( world1, jethro2, jasper7, kalusam, hotmass911, sho-boy...and other stakeholders) who're behind the success of the program.

Believe me guys, YABDI with soar unto greater heights beyond your imagination and it will travel to several places across the world and I'll be so glad to be a member of the family.

1 Like

Re: My YABDI Youth Agri Busi. Dev Initiative Experience by jethro2: 6:57pm On Feb 12, 2015
Wow. I am sorry i have not been keeping this updated. I have been busy with the group project tagged YOP1. Its indeed an experience that has added to my broad knowledge. Do watch out for an eye opener details that will wow you.
Need to pull the project through by crook or by force (lol)
Make i enter farm
Re: My YABDI Youth Agri Busi. Dev Initiative Experience by world1(m): 9:00pm On Sep 26, 2015
The Youth in Agribusiness Development and Innovation(YABDI) invites you to her Lagos Agribusiness Empowerment summit 2015.

A day full practical training on various crops and livestocks that will change your life for the better.

The training will be highly interactive with practical do it yourself demonstration on Cucumber, Plantain, Pineapple Cultivation and introduction to free range Grasscutter/Snail farming in Nigeria.

The training venue is LEADWAY ASSURANCE TRAINING CENTRE (LTC). 10, Abebe Village Road, Apex Mill Building (Roof Top) beside UBA Bank, along Nigerian Breweries, Iganmu - Lagos.

Date:1st October 2015
Time 8am to 5pm
Registration Fee: N10,000
Bank Details: MCUBE GLOBAL CONNECT LIMITED
Zenith Account No:1014183776

Join Practical and seasoned Agropreneurs like:
Mr Collins Amadi (https://www.nairaland.com/afrocatalyst) the Nigeria free range snail expert.

Mr Jasper Chidera (https://www.nairaland.com/jasper7) Foremost Cucumber Guru as he takes you through the Million naira cucumber business.

Mr Adewunmi Babafemi Samuel (https://www.nairaland.com/theunbeatable) MD Bsaideal integrated farm Akure, Ondo State. An highly versatile livestock farming expert will be revealing the step by step secret of grasscutter rearing business in Nigeria using modern techniques system.

Mr Akin Asher MD Asher Mobile fish farm Ibadan (https://www.nairaland.com/nikashow) will be teaching the secret of lucrative Modern/Mobile fish farming business.

Mr Adeniyi Sola Bunmi, Nigeria Agribusiness Transformation Ambassasor (https://www.nairaland.com/world1) as he takes you through Mega Opportunities in Plantain/ Pineapple Cultivation in Nigeria.

This is a training you don't want to miss.

If you have wondered where to spend your independence holiday on 1st October 2015, then look no further than the 1 day Lagos Practical Agribusiness Empowerment Summit that will transform your life.

Register for training today

Training cost ONLY N10,000

Certificate of Participation and Light refreshment included!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Watermelon Farmers, I Need Your Advise On Supply / Facts About Chameleons. / Facts That You May Not Know About Noiler/kuroiler

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.