Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,738 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:15 PM

Soyinka Is An Aparo Hunter-obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Is An Aparo Hunter-obasanjo (2094 Views)

Wole Soyinka Is Better Off As A 'Guinea Fowl' Hunter - Obasanjo / Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan / We’ll Retaliate If Soyinka Is Attacked’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soyinka Is An Aparo Hunter-obasanjo by Nobody: 11:54pm On Dec 13, 2014
Former Nigeria president, Olusegun Obasanjo in his autobiography had opened a can of worms on many major stakeholders in the country.

One part of the book, 'My Watch', shines light on the nations only Nobel Laureate, Wole Soyinka, whom the elderstateman described as "a self serving critic" who alwayz love to take the lead on all maters.
Wole Soyinka is a nigeria n playwright and poet.

Obasanjo wrote; "for Wole, no one can be good, nor can anything be spot-on politically except that which emanates from him or is ordained by him, his friends and loved ones will always be right and correct no matter what they do or fail to do."

Obasanjo described Soyinka as "a misfit as a political analyst, commentator or critic," adding that it was good Mr Soyinka did not go into politics.
"He is surely a better wine connoisseur and a more successful 'aparo' (guinea fowl) hunter than a political critic, not to talk of what he would do as a politician", Mr Obasanjo said.
"I take him serious on almost all issues except on the political particularly Nigerian politics."

He however thinks the Nobel laureate has calmed down recently after he turned 80.

Obasanjo finall wrote;
If i go before him, I will bid him welcome when he arrives at the great beyond. I hope he would do the same if he succeeds in getting their before me and we find ourselves on the same side of the divide.

www.naij.com/342763-soyinka-is-an-aparo-hunter-obasanjo.html

Re: Soyinka Is An Aparo Hunter-obasanjo by tit(f): 11:58pm On Dec 13, 2014
"God" is laughing at aparo-hunter.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Aparo Hunter-obasanjo by Maccoy1(m): 11:59pm On Dec 13, 2014
Hmmm
Re: Soyinka Is An Aparo Hunter-obasanjo by Adminisher: 12:09am On Dec 14, 2014
Obasanjo is using a metaphorical machine gun in this book, shooting friends and foe alike.
These two are supposed to be very good friends, with Wole Soyinka even helping to put out some domestic fires always burning in the Obasanjo household many years ago.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Aparo Hunter-obasanjo by Nobody: 12:18am On Dec 14, 2014
tit:
"God" is laughing at aparo-hunter.

which/wat God z dat?
Re: Soyinka Is An Aparo Hunter-obasanjo by Nobody: 12:19am On Dec 14, 2014
Adminisher:
Obasanjo is using a metaphorical machine gun in this book, shooting friends and foe alike.
These two are supposed to be very good friends, with Wole Soyinka even helping to put out some domestic fires always burning in the Obasanjo household many years ago.

abi ooo...nawa 4 dem oo
Re: Soyinka Is An Aparo Hunter-obasanjo by jhydebaba(m): 1:05am On Dec 14, 2014
Obasanjo, the great man. You will surely be missed after ur demise. I guess you want us to miss you more that's why you wrote this end time book.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Aparo Hunter-obasanjo by goalburner(m): 1:32am On Dec 14, 2014
Don't forget baba is now a Pastor
Re: Soyinka Is An Aparo Hunter-obasanjo by redsun(m): 3:06am On Dec 14, 2014
This is more like a case of Al Capone of chicago dissing Henry ford as a nonentity. Like a case of darkness trying to supercede light. Only foolish Nigerians that are inherently condutioned to respect such animals,whether good or bad will take a book written by that scum seriously.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Aparo Hunter-obasanjo by tit(f): 3:27am On Dec 14, 2014
2undexy:

which/wat God z dat?

the same "God" that laughed at Atiku and his seven factors.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Aparo Hunter-obasanjo by itstpia8: 4:47am On Dec 14, 2014
i think the question is who are the guinea fowl he is good at hunting.
Re: Soyinka Is An Aparo Hunter-obasanjo by Nobody: 7:42am On Dec 14, 2014
2undexy:
Former Nigeria president, Olusegun Obasanjo in his autobiography had opened a can of worms on many major stakeholders in the country.

One part of the book, 'My Watch', shines light on the nations only Nobel Laureate, Wole Soyinka, whom the elderstateman described as "a self serving critic" who alwayz love to take the lead on all maters.
Wole Soyinka is a nigeria n playwright and poet.

Obasanjo wrote; "for Wole, no one can be good, nor can anything be spot-on politically except that which emanates from him or is ordained by him, his friends and loved ones will always be right and correct no matter what they do or fail to do."

Obasanjo described Soyinka as "a misfit as a political analyst, commentator or critic," adding that it was good Mr Soyinka did not go into politics.
"He is surely a better wine connoisseur and a more successful 'aparo' (guinea fowl) hunter than a political critic, not to talk of what he would do as a politician", Mr Obasanjo said.
"I take him serious on almost all issues except on the political particularly Nigerian politics."

He however thinks the Nobel laureate has calmed down recently after he turned 80.

Obasanjo finall wrote;
If i go before him, I will bid him welcome when he arrives at the great beyond. I hope he would do the same if he succeeds in getting their before me and we find ourselves on the same side of the divide.

www.naij.com/342763-soyinka-is-an-aparo-hunter-obasanjo.html

same side of the divide, as in hell fire?

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Aparo Hunter-obasanjo by PerfumeRepublik: 8:26am On Dec 14, 2014
redsun:
This is more like a case of Al Capone of chicago dissing Henry ford as a nonentity. Like a case of darkness trying to supercede light. Only foolish Nigerians that are inherently condutioned to respect such animals,whether good or bad will take a book written by that scum seriously.
Re: Soyinka Is An Aparo Hunter-obasanjo by tomakint: 8:31am On Dec 14, 2014
Obasanjo should expect a pungent and deserved remarks from Baroka himself, our own Wole Soyinka will not take that nonsense from the Egba Chief.......Obasanjo asked for it!
Re: Soyinka Is An Aparo Hunter-obasanjo by kheart(m): 9:51am On Dec 14, 2014
what is aparo hunter abeg?
Re: Soyinka Is An Aparo Hunter-obasanjo by ochilikoko(m): 10:57am On Dec 14, 2014
OBJ has chewed more than he can swallow
Re: Soyinka Is An Aparo Hunter-obasanjo by stevecantrell: 11:15am On Dec 14, 2014
Obasanjo, Soyinka and his cousins, the Ransome-kutis all went to the same school and lived in the same hood like 65 years ago.

I guess they all used to hunt "aparos" together cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Aparo Hunter-obasanjo by otokx(m): 11:22am On Dec 14, 2014
I have learnt a new one today - "aparo"
Re: Soyinka Is An Aparo Hunter-obasanjo by truefact: 12:11pm On Dec 14, 2014
It is not just only Soyinka, but his tribe including OBJ. Whatever Yoruba support is only what is good...to them that is progressive anything else is hypocrisy

What a people
Re: Soyinka Is An Aparo Hunter-obasanjo by mistabiola: 12:16pm On Dec 14, 2014
I can't stop laughing cheesy grin
Re: Soyinka Is An Aparo Hunter-obasanjo by Pdizzle(m): 1:55pm On Dec 14, 2014
I need this book
Re: Soyinka Is An Aparo Hunter-obasanjo by cronus: 1:57pm On Dec 14, 2014
Prof. hunts as part of his recreational activities and is known to share a love for wine as well. Obj wasn't mocking him, just stating that he was better at those two activities than in the world of politics.

(1) (Reply)

Shock OBJ Defects To APC / Photo: Woman Gives Birth To Baby Without Arms In Ogun State; Father Runs Away / President Jonathan Unplugged! The 22 Qutable Quotes Of A Clueless President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.