Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,063 members, 7,810,963 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:36 PM

Buhari And Jonathan; How They Stand Nationwide - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari And Jonathan; How They Stand Nationwide (4706 Views)

REMINDER: Go To Court If You Feel Insulted. APC To Jonathan. How Time Flies. / Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH / Reuters----80% Lagosians Will Vote Jonathan. How True? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari And Jonathan; How They Stand Nationwide by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:21pm On Dec 14, 2014
BUHARI&JONATHAN,How They Stand Nationwide

KEY 19 States for Buhari

7 States for GEJ

4 States Battleground

6 States Too Close to Call

Do you agree or disagree?

5 Likes

Re: Buhari And Jonathan; How They Stand Nationwide by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:22pm On Dec 14, 2014
Buhari:
Edo
Sokoto
Borno
Jigawa
Kastina
Kano
Kaduna
Zamfara
Kebbi
Bauchi
Gombe
Yobe
Niger
Kwara
Nassarawa
Oyo
Osun
Ogun
Lagos

24 Likes

Re: Buhari And Jonathan; How They Stand Nationwide by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:22pm On Dec 14, 2014
Jonathan

Akwa Ibom
Cross River
Imo
Enugu
Ebonyi
Anambra
Abia

2 Likes

cool
Re: Buhari And Jonathan; How They Stand Nationwide by Nobody: 6:27pm On Dec 14, 2014
SHE-MALE E BE LIKE SAY YOU NO KNOW SAY NA SO MADNESS DEY TAKE START ABI LIKE PLAY LIKE PLAY NOW YOU GO FIND MARKET WEY NEAR YOU

13 Likes

Re: Buhari And Jonathan; How They Stand Nationwide by laimo(m): 6:36pm On Dec 14, 2014
This is the best thing to happen to Nigeria in the new millennium.

It is time to save Nigeria from the misrule of pdp from Obasanjo to Cluelessness personified himself,Jonathan.

Jonathan's president at this time over a failing economy,a massively corrupt executive arm of government,a monumentally corrupt failed party,pdp,a massively defeatist,ill-motivated military,a massively corrupted and denigrated security system-network,a massive non-existent road network.

There's nothing to celebrate about a failure,the pdp and jonathan.

The Chibok girls are still missing while Jonathan takes breakfast with the sponsors of their suspected kidnappers.
That is the height of weakness;the height of denigration Mr.Clueless subjects the office of president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to.

Jonathan's 'I don't give a damn' statement rings here.He doesn't give a damn about suffering Nigerians.Jonathan doesn't care about all Nigerians.Let's tell him with don't care about him too by voting for the APC.That's the only way to checkmate thieves in a democracy.

Let's vote for APC.They care,Buhari cares.

33 Likes

Re: Buhari And Jonathan; How They Stand Nationwide by laimo(m): 6:38pm On Dec 14, 2014
NgeneUkwenu,Thumbs Up.

The clueless must be sent back to otuoke in 2015.

10 Likes

Re: Buhari And Jonathan; How They Stand Nationwide by A7(m): 6:48pm On Dec 14, 2014
grin grin grin

26 Likes

Re: Buhari And Jonathan; How They Stand Nationwide by olatricia(m): 6:49pm On Dec 14, 2014
nice work girl. NO TO A CLUELESS PRESIDENT WHO I WAITING FOR AMERICA TO HELP US DISCOVER OUR MISSING OIL MONEY. NO! TO PADDY PADDY GOVERNMENT. I DONT CARE WHO COMES IN, BUT GEJ, NEVER!!!!!!!

16 Likes

Re: Buhari And Jonathan; How They Stand Nationwide by doctokwus: 6:51pm On Dec 14, 2014
I have it 15 for buhari:
(sok,
kats.
zam.
kano.
yobe.
born.
kad.
keb.
nass.
Tara.
Oyo.
osun.
Ogun.
abj.
lag

Gej:14:
jig.
plat
Benue
.kog.
ondo.
enug.
delt.
criver.
aibom.
bayel.
anam.
enug.
ebonyi.
abia.
D too close to callor split 8:
gombe
.Adam
bauc.
kwar.
ekiti.
imo.
Edo.
rivers
If buhari can win ova few of d split states,he wud win wt majority votes(lag.kano)& get 2/3 spread

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And Jonathan; How They Stand Nationwide by ocelot2006(m): 6:51pm On Dec 14, 2014
It's kinda funny when I see APC supporters make the same mistakes over and over again grin . Now there's absolutely no doubt that you guys are a loud bunch (then again, empty vessels are). But you know within your hearts that GMB will not smell Aso Rock as president. Previous elections ought to have made it perfectly clear to you guys, but I can see y'all still in denial.

Btw @ OP, care to explain how the paper arrived at that conclusion? Was a poll done? Btw, don't be surprised if you lose most SW states to GEJ.

19 Likes

Re: Buhari And Jonathan; How They Stand Nationwide by TopsyKrete: 6:52pm On Dec 14, 2014
Please, don't let us forget to tell everyone that this is the 6th year GEJ has been at the helms of presiding over this country, we have seen his extent and i can assure you he cannot do better that his current capacity.
Lets stop the PDP brainwash of dem 4 impactful yrs of GEJ, na 6yrs biko

21 Likes

Re: Buhari And Jonathan; How They Stand Nationwide by SweetJoystick(m): 6:56pm On Dec 14, 2014
Agree

1 Like

Re: Buhari And Jonathan; How They Stand Nationwide by chamboy(m): 6:56pm On Dec 14, 2014
Waoh.... The Major Tool GEJ/PDP have left is Inec n BH....
Declare some states not safe for election..
Rig The Election internally.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari And Jonathan; How They Stand Nationwide by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:01pm On Dec 14, 2014
doctokwus:
I have it 15 for buhari:
(sok,
kats.
zam.
kano.
yobe.
born.
kad.
keb.
nass.
Tara.
Oyo.
osun.
Ogun.
abj.
lag

jig.
plat
Benue
.kog.
ondo.enug.delt.criver.aibom.bayel.anam.enug.ebonyi.abia.
D undecided or split8: gomb.Adam.bauc.kwar.ekiti.imo.Edo.rivers
If buhari can win ova few of d split states,he wud win wt majority votes(lag.kano)& get 2/3 spread

As things stand now, jonathan Cannot Win Bauchi, Gombe, Kwara, Jigawa!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari And Jonathan; How They Stand Nationwide by gratiaeo(m): 7:03pm On Dec 14, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:
Buhari:
Edo
Sokoto
Borno
Jigawa
Kastina
Kano
Kaduna
Zamfara
Kebbi
Bauchi
Gombe
Yobe
Niger
Kwara
Nassarawa
Oyo
Osun
Ogun
Lagos
Remove Lagos from your madness

4 Likes

Re: Buhari And Jonathan; How They Stand Nationwide by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:05pm On Dec 14, 2014
gratiaeo:

Remove Lagos from your madness

Are you mad?

16 Likes

Re: Buhari And Jonathan; How They Stand Nationwide by Mogidi: 7:05pm On Dec 14, 2014
Buhari has never won any state outside the North since 2003, GEJ on the other hand has Northern minorities eating out of his hands.

It will take a miracle for the Fulani Muguhari to convince people from these states:
Kogi
Plateau
Nasarawa
Benue
Taraba
Adamawa

The SW will produce Ekiti, Ondo, Oyo, Ogun and Lagos (Buhari may get the required 25%)

Anyone who believe Edo state will vote Buhari needs their heads examined. Even the Oba of Benin endorsed GEJ.

Oba of Benin tells Jonathan to seek re-election
http://www.punchng.com/news/oba-of-benin-tells-jonathan-to-seek-re-election/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari And Jonathan; How They Stand Nationwide by FKO81(m): 7:10pm On Dec 14, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:
BUHARI&JONATHAN,How They Stand Nationwide

KEY 19 States for Buhari

7 States for GEJ

4 States Battleground

6 States Too Close to Call

Do you agree or disagree?
What do you expect from nation newspaper Own by APC leader.I saw it today on their front page, why not show the full front page. Propaganda propaganda, you write exam, mark your paper,score youself no problem, 77 days count down.......

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And Jonathan; How They Stand Nationwide by atlwireles: 7:14pm On Dec 14, 2014
Mogidi:
Buhari has never won any state outside the North since 2003, GEJ on the other hand has Northern minorities eating out of his hands.

It will take a miracle for the Fulani Muguhari to convince people from these states:
Kogi
Plateau
Nasarawa
Benue
Taraba
Adamawa

The SW will produce Ekiti, Ondo, Oyo, Ogun and Lagos (Buhari may get the required 25%)

Anyone who believe Edo state will vote Buhari needs their heads examined. Even the Oba of Benin endorsed GEJ.

Most of them in APC lie to themselves to feel better. When they know within themselves, that Buhari will be dealt the same hand as 2011. The only state Buhari might win in 2015, that was not won by him in 2011 is kwara.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari And Jonathan; How They Stand Nationwide by doctokwus: 7:14pm On Dec 14, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

As things stand now, jonathan Cannot Win Bauchi, Gombe, Kwara, Jigawa!
I wish he cudnt but my gut instincts tells me otherwise. Why?D incumbent PDP govs in those states, except kwara can still work their Nigerian kind of magic in d rural areas, with cash,subtle threats and other malfeasance, to gv him a slight majority.
I concede dt wt gov Ahmed and bukola in kwara, buhari may win dt state but I dont trust saraki, he luks like someone who may change alliances if he gets sth more from gej.
Re: Buhari And Jonathan; How They Stand Nationwide by Mogidi: 7:17pm On Dec 14, 2014
HOW GEJ WILL WIN 2015

by Simon Kolawole

(Former This day editor)

This analysis was written by Simon Kolawole, reputed ex This day editor and owner of The Cable newspaper. Kolawole is noted for being a strong supporter of Gen Buhari and one of his closest media allies. That said, he remains a very unbiased and respected columnist. Here is his take on next year's race
I have been listening to comments and reading analyses on the 2015 presidential election with rapt attention. There is nothing unanimous in the predictions and projections, but I am sensing a trend in the analyses: that if the All Progressives Congress (APC) fields Maj. General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) against President Goodluck Jonathan of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), then it will be a piece of cake for the former head of state. A Buhari supporter, in a recent newspaper interview, said Buhari's votes in the North plus Bola Tinubu's votes in the south-west equal automatic victory for APC.

Slow down a bit, guys. I have no intention of raining on anyone's parade or pouring cold water on exciting calculations, but analyses do not have to be this simplistic. If the history and politics of elections in Nigeria are to be of any use in these postulations, the safest bet will be to say there are still many rivers to cross. My intention today is to draw attention to several facts and factors that will be at play during the elections. Many things are still taking shape; opportunities and threats still exist for the PDP and the APC. It is too early in the day to arrive at definite conclusions.

Let us look into some of the assumptions one by one. The first is that Buhari will clear the votes in the core North and Tinubu will deliver the South-west votes in one basket. That Buhari will win in the core North has never been in dispute ─ he has done so consistently since 2003. It is unthinkable that he will not win there. However, I'm not sure Tinubu can clear the South-west the same way Buhari could do in the core North. It appears many commentators have not been monitoring recent developments in the South-west. To start with, two of the six states ─ Ekiti and Ondo ─ are now in the hands of PDP. That is important to note.

Meanwhile, the APC is getting weaker in Oyo state. The three APC senators have left the party; the death of Alhaji Alao Arisekola has dealt some body blow on Governor Abiola Ajimobi; former Governor Adebayo Alao-Akala (PDP) is on a rebound; former Governor Rashidi Ladoja, who controls large portions of Ibadan, is complicating things for APC. In Ogun, Governor Ibikunle Amosun is under fire from within and without. Chief Olusegun Osoba, in whose camp the Ogun APC senators and house members are, is playing hard ball with Amosun. The PDP, meanwhile, is bringing back its break-up groups and rebuilding in the state.

In simple words, Oyo and Ogun have become very shaky and it is a bit tenuous to assume the South-west will vote en bloc for APC in 2015. I may well be wrong, but I am seeing a split of the zone's 13.5 million votes. The South-west, in my opinion, is neither here nor there yet. No assumptions should be made and no conclusions should be reached yet, certainly not in October 2014. Of course, the APC is not sleeping and is also hoping to gain from the fall-outs from PDP's possible slips in the coming weeks. But South-west does not look like one-way traffic as at today.

Meanwhile, there is also this assumption that Buhari ─ or APC ─ does not need the South-east and South-south (SESS). That is ridiculous. First, it is not good for Buhari's CV that he has never won in any Southern state since he launched his presidential bid in 2003. Not one state. And it is also not good political strategy to downplay SESS. There are 11 states in these two geo-political zones. The APC calculation may be that the South-south would rather have a "son of the soil" as president. The South-east, it seems, is fully joined in matrimony to South-south under Jonathan's presidency. But does that mean giving up without a fight?

Let us now reverse the case. Jonathan, despite knowing that the core North will be a difficult hunting ground for him, is putting up a decent fight. He is working to secure as many votes as possible in Buhari's territory. The president has gathered many strong politicians to his side. Now let us do some basic calculations. SESS has 17 million votes combined. Buhari's home zone, North-west, has 18.7 million registered voters. If Jonathan bites off as much as 30-40% of the votes in the North-west (which he did in 2011) while Buhari does poorly in SESS (like before), Jonathan would clearly gain more than Buhari in the candidates' home zones.

Jonathan's chances, in the meantime, are also bright among the Northern minorities. It could be minority solidarity, I can't say. The North-central has 11 million names on the voter register. Jonathan's reconciliation with former military, Gen. Ibrahim Babangida, and the governor of Niger State, Dr. Babangida Aliyu, could help him in Niger state. Kogi, Plateau, Nasarawa and Benue would ordinarily back Jonathan. But Kwara, which supported him in 2011, is now uncertain, with the godfather, Bukola Saraki, relocating to APC. Buhari will fancy his chances in Kwara, that is if Saraki can ward off his PDP foes, who look very formidable. In truth, Kwara now looks more like a tight corner for both parties.

The North-east, boasting of 11 million registered voters, could be a mixed bag. Gombe, Bauchi, Yobe and Borno have always gone to Buhari, while Taraba and Adamawa seem to have a thing for Jonathan. But something significant has changed in Borno: Ali Modu Sheriff is now in PDP. Since 1999, Borno has always faced any direction Sheriff pointed to, and his defection must be considered a loss to APC. I was not surprised at APC's reaction when Sheriff left: Borno's 2.5 million votes are the nation's fifth largest after Lagos (5.4m), Kano (4.7m), Kaduna (3.7m) and Katsina (2.9m). Being Buhari's familiar hunting ground, however, Borno could still be game for him.

Before I shut down my computer, I would like to maintain that unlike many observers and analysts, I foresee a very competitive election. And, I think, four months to the polls, we should avoid jumping into certain conclusions. One of the major failings of the opposition is that they underrated Jonathan's ability to respond to the momentum they gained last year. Before they could settle down to savour the heavyweight defections from PDP to APC, the Jonathan camp had launched a counter offensive, in addition to benefitting from crises arising from the consolidation process of APC.

Therefore, dear readers, with what I have seen in Nigeria in the last few months, and what I understand about the dynamics of our electoral politics, I would conclude that the day is still young. For the two leading parties, there are still many hurdles to clear. Let the game begin!
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/jonathan-and-the-2015-calculations/192278

The above article was written by Simon Kolawole a known Buhari supporter and ex This day editor.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari And Jonathan; How They Stand Nationwide by Mogidi: 7:22pm On Dec 14, 2014
atlwireles:

Most of them in APC lie to themselves to feel better. When they know within themselves, that Buhari will be dealt the same hand as 2011. The only state Buhari might win in 2015, that was not won by him in 2011 is kwara.

Bros let them continue to dream, Buhari will end up ruling the internet.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari And Jonathan; How They Stand Nationwide by laimo(m): 7:27pm On Dec 14, 2014
Mogidi,can you read the last few sentences of your article from Simon Kolawole.

If you do,you'll find the inference that the writer can not stand to beat his chest that Jonathan will win.

You shouldn't too.

All I can derive from your submission is amusement.Why not go to bed if you're so sure Jonathan will win?

You're still here because you know the truth:every election is different in demographics and in the next one,all pointers are to a Buhari victory.
You know it and I know it even subconsciously.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And Jonathan; How They Stand Nationwide by laimo(m): 7:28pm On Dec 14, 2014

If you do,you'll find the inference that the writer can not stand to beat his chest that Jonathan will win.

You shouldn't too.

All I can derive from your submission is amusement.Why not go to bed if you're so sure Jonathan will win?

You're still here because you know the truth:every election is different in demographics and in the next one,all pointers are to a Buhari victory.
You know it and I know it even subconsciously. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Buhari And Jonathan; How They Stand Nationwide by docadams: 7:31pm On Dec 14, 2014
quote author=barcanista post=28854089]1. "I Will Make Nigeria Ungovernable"
[url]dailyindependentnig.com/2012/06/making-nigeria-ungovernable-for-president-jonathan/[/url]
- Alhaji Lawal Kaita

[url]en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawal_Kaita[/url]

SHAMEFULLY, Guardian Chief Ruben Abati (Now Jonathan's Aide) attributed it to Buhari, Hence the propaganda. Sadly, No journalist bothered to inquire from GMB nor did GMB PR Aides tackle it.

WHAT HAPPENED NEXT:
1. General Muhammadu Buhari took Reuben Abati and The Guardian to court for damaging his name(Defamation)
[url]saharareporters.com/2011/07/17/post-election-violence-buhari-threatens-sue-reuben-abati-libel[/url]

2 The Presidency begged Major General Buhari to settle the case agaÍnst Reuben Abati and the Guardian out of court.
[url]dailypost.ng/2013/01/13/presidency-begs-buhari-to-settle-slander-case-out-of-court/[/url]

3. General Buhari obliged and settled out of court. Reuben Abati with The Guardian published an unreserved apology to Buhari in the Guardian of 11th July, 2013.

Who is Lawal Kaita?
Lawal Kaita was the Governor of old Kaduna State. He is a pioneer member and founding father of the People's Democratic Party. He, Tony Aninih, Yaradua, Atiku Abubakar, Rimi etc were members of the People's Democratic movement that metarmophosed into PDP. He was a Minister under Obj and a signatory to North-South power shift of PDP. A member of PDP BoT.
He has never been in CPC or ANPP. He has never been an ally of Muhammadu Buhari. [/quote]

4 Likes

Re: Buhari And Jonathan; How They Stand Nationwide by Mogidi: 7:31pm On Dec 14, 2014
laimo:

You shouldn't too.

You know it and I know it even subconsciously.

I posted that link because Kolawole is a Buhari supporter, even his most ardent supporters knows he can't win.

1 Like

Re: Buhari And Jonathan; How They Stand Nationwide by yerimastyle(m): 7:31pm On Dec 14, 2014
True talk my bro even Lagos cannot be won by APC
Mogidi:

Kogi
Plateau
Nasarawa
Benue
Taraba
Adamawa

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And Jonathan; How They Stand Nationwide by donphilopus: 7:33pm On Dec 14, 2014
doctokwus:
I have it 15 for buhari:
(sok,
kats.
zam.
kano.
yobe.
born.
kad.
keb.
nass.
Tara.
Oyo.
osun.
Ogun.
abj.
lag

jig.
plat
Benue
.kog.
ondo.
enug.
delt.
criver.
aibom.
bayel.
anam.
enug.
ebonyi.
abia.
D too close to callor split 8:
gombe
.Adam
bauc.
kwar.
ekiti.
imo.
Edo.
rivers

Bros, adamawa, Bauchi and Kwara are 100% sure for Buhari. If there are places Buhari can have 101% of votes cast, then those places should be Kwara and Bauchi. Even some PDP Chieftains in Bauchi are already rooting for Buhari. Saraki controls Kwara and he shall surely deliver there for Buhari, unlike 2011 when he was in PDP!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari And Jonathan; How They Stand Nationwide by Firefire(m): 7:34pm On Dec 14, 2014
Mogidi:

I posted that link because Kolawole is a Buhari supporter, even his most ardent supporters knows he can't win.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Buhari And Jonathan; How They Stand Nationwide by Firefire(m): 7:36pm On Dec 14, 2014
Buhari is a failure personified! cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Buhari And Jonathan; How They Stand Nationwide by KwoiZabo(m): 7:37pm On Dec 14, 2014
dreamers - PDP are busy putting formidabile structures on ground to win and APC is busy abusing Jonathan and clicking likes on Nairaland.
I see that Buhari is not tired of crying.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Lie Busted: Tony Blair Is In Rwanda This Week , Buhari Is In A Hospital / 80% Of My Advisers Are Useless – Jonathan In Last Minutes Lamentation / Pictures Emerges Of Brutally Murdered Soldier By Bokoharam As Nig Army Denies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.