Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,673 members, 7,823,899 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Thread For PHD Students - Education (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Thread For PHD Students (327960 Views)

Which University In Nigeria or abroad Accepts 3.0 Msc Grade For Phd Admission? / 4 Good Reason Why You Should Go For Phd And 7 Bad Reasons Why You Should Not / Presidential Scholarship Scheme For Ist Class Nigerian Graduates For Phd Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (105) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For PHD Students by krysten: 1:40pm On Jun 14, 2021
[quote author=krysten post=102680644]

Hello friends,

Please help a brother

I'll appreciate if you can spare me 5mins of your time

If you're a prospective international student, the survey below is for you. It sheds light on the likely experience you will encounter on arrival at the airport in your country of study.

By helping us fill out this survey and forwarding to friends and family who are equally prospective of studying abroad or are currently studying abroad, you guide us to develop the suitable product that ease your arrival experience and transit to your university campus.

Everyone will be treated as anonymous.

I hope you find it informative.

https://forms.gle/tKg8KJiCo2jXk5ap9

1 Like

Re: Thread For PHD Students by referendum01(m): 2:37pm On Jun 14, 2021
My name is Chris

B.Sc. Mass Communication
M.Sc Public Relations and advertising (in view)
PhD Journalism.

Said that, would like to know how many years is PhD and the total sum of school fees in Nigeria and abroad?

Thank you.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by wip7: 9:47pm On Jun 14, 2021
Interested in lecturing ?

Give it a try, suitable for fresh PhD holder or those with existing post PhD experience.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Thread For PHD Students by drhammed: 1:35pm On Jun 15, 2021
Fully-funded MSc/Ph.D. positions at Queen's University, Canada

Suitable for students with background (&interest) in Civil, Geo(environmental), Geology, Chemical engineering, and related fields.

Please apply by sending your documents to the email

https://twitter.com/drhammed/status/1404778276153921541?s=21

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Thread For PHD Students by bennyflipy(m): 12:55am On Jun 18, 2021
I found this thread late, but thank God I'm here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For PHD Students by KelvinCoaster(m): 9:10am On Jun 18, 2021
bennyflipy:
I found this thread late, but thank God I'm here.
Good.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For PHD Students by Sniper4real(m): 10:54am On Jun 18, 2021
P
Re: Thread For PHD Students by Profeme: 6:11pm On Jun 20, 2021
Good day, everyone. I am doing a PhD program with focus on e-health systems in a secure cloud platform.

I want to ask for help to anyone that will direct me to resources online ( journals, conferences etc) that can be of great assistance in carrying out the research work.

Thanks everyone.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jun 20, 2021
wip7:

Give it a try, suitable for fresh PhD holder or those with existing post PhD experience.

What’s the equivalent of assistant professor in the Nigerian ranking system. Fresh PhD holder with no experience is Lecturer II, Next is Lecturer I, Senior Lecturer, Associate Professor and Professor.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Thread For PHD Students by wip7: 9:37pm On Jun 20, 2021
ejibaba:

What’s the equivalent of assistant professor in the Nigerian ranking system. Fresh PhD holder with no experience is Lecturer II, Next is Lecturer I, Senior Lecturer, Associate Professor and Professor.

Senior lecturer.

Abroad mostly European (Excluding the UK) and American system; Assistant Professor is junior professorship rank (the first level of professorship). Depending on countries, usually achieved either immediately after PhD or Postdocs if the applicants meet the qualifying score.

While associate professor is obtained 2-5 years after Assistant Professor position then Full Professor 4-5 years after associate.

Each of this professorship level has a qualifying score which is largely dependent on published paper (50-60%), books, editorial or management position, project and funding acquisition, graduate supervision etc.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thread For PHD Students by Profeme: 11:06pm On Jun 20, 2021
Profeme:
Good day, everyone. I am doing a PhD program with focus on e-health systems in a secure cloud platform.

I want to ask for help to anyone that will direct me to resources online ( journals, conferences etc) that can be of great assistance in carrying out the research work.

Thanks everyone.

Professor wip7, please your suggestions and guidance is highly needed with respect to the above quoted comment.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread For PHD Students by Goodlucknigeria: 11:14pm On Jun 20, 2021
Go to Google and type journal articles on e-health systems

2 Likes

Re: Thread For PHD Students by doggedemmy(m): 7:08pm On Jun 23, 2021
Good evening. Please I need help downloading research articles on sciencedirect. eemojevu@yahoo.com is my email address.
Thanks
benji93:
I sent you emails.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by benji93: 8:54pm On Jun 23, 2021
I sent you an email.
doggedemmy:
Good evening. Please I need help downloading research articles on sciencedirect. eemojevu@yahoo.com is my email address.
Thanks
Re: Thread For PHD Students by wip7: 7:57am On Jun 26, 2021
Working as an Academic Instructor be it professorship or lecturer positions at TRNC

For those interested in working in one of the TRNC universities; here are vacancies with net salary after tax.

You can apply! https://ncc.metu.edu.tr/employment

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thread For PHD Students by FlowAssurance: 2:00pm On Jun 26, 2021
TheLasyBuddha:

That unfortunate part of the CSC is you have to be nominated to be considered. I just weak.
I wish you all the best in your interview tomorrow.
Well, she's applying through the Nominating Agency pathway. She's a member of Forum for African Women Educationalists (FAWE). Babe na lecturer.
Hello,

Has your fiancee gotten any update on this Commonwealth application?

1 Like

Re: Thread For PHD Students by TheLasyBuddha: 9:54pm On Jun 26, 2021
FlowAssurance:
Hello,

Has your fiancee gotten any update on this Commonwealth application?

Hello FlowAssurance,

No response has been gotten from her CSC. Decision will be made by the end of July.

This finds you well, I trust?

Best wishes.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by PCnas: 12:43pm On Jun 29, 2021
Do Concordia University montreal accept 2.2 for masters degree programme. I have 3.43 Cpga
Re: Thread For PHD Students by wip7: 1:22pm On Jun 29, 2021
PCnas:
Do Concordia University montreal accept 2.2 for masters degree programme. I have 3.43 Cpga

You should visit the said university website to read their entry requirements and also you can email or call their admission office for specific questions regarding entry.

That’s what a potential postgraduate student should do.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thread For PHD Students by blaqnificent(m): 5:46pm On Jun 29, 2021
Hey guys, I'm available if you need help with your GRE tutoring/registration.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread For PHD Students by Wonderzz(m): 6:47pm On Jun 29, 2021
Pls my brother wants to do his master's in University of ibadan, but he's finding it difficult based on the fact that he's coming from enugu, is they anyone here presently in UI who can help me with his or her contact so as to help him in finding accommodation etc���
Re: Thread For PHD Students by Funnyman: 10:03pm On Jun 29, 2021
Re: Thread For PHD Students by islamics(m): 10:37am On Jul 01, 2021
Greetings to the house,
Please does anyone have an idea where I can get railway data to use for my research. Research area is computer vision.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by wip7: 2:03pm On Jul 01, 2021
islamics:
Greetings to the house,
Please does anyone have an idea where I can get railway data to use for my research. Research area is computer vision.

You must be specific in the nature of the Railway data you request and also the location/source of data. This will help people with relevant info to point you in the right direction or provide valuable suggestions.

Nature of data requesting/ data source/location:

There is a bunch of railway parametric data that has been applied for machine learning and computer vision, which are based on maintenance, human resources, operations, safety and risk such as:

---Data for the internal monitoring of the SMS

---Data describing the rail and its conditions of use

---Data describing the rail fastening systems and their conditions of use

----Data describing the track sleepers and their conditions of use

---Data on trains running on the infrastructure
--Data on the track-side control-command and signalling system

--On-board diagnostic systems data

What is the purpose of the data (output)?

-----is it for automatic railway track detection

Considering my experience with computer vision; most of the data needed for computer vision would be images or video data, for it to work you might have to capture and extract railway records from images captured from your own or the railway devices. However, this will largely depend on the purpose of the research.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Thread For PHD Students by emmahoney(m): 2:35pm On Jul 01, 2021
Wonderzz:
Pls my brother wants to do his master's in University of ibadan, but he's finding it difficult based on the fact that he's coming from enugu, is they anyone here presently in UI who can help me with his or her contact so as to help him in finding accommodation etc���
Post your question on the thread below:

https://www.nairaland.com/4937853/ui-2019-2020-postgraduate-applicants/64.

You can also thread through it, and you might be lucky to get some contacts there.

I also know one MSc student in their Chemistry Department. However, I am not sure whether he can be of help. He is from Anambra State.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by islamics(m): 5:57pm On Jul 01, 2021
wip7:

Thanks for the reply Prof.

Nature of data requesting/ data source/location:
The following types of data is the one I need sir
---Data describing the rail and its conditions/state

---Data describing the rail fasteners and their conditions/state

----Data describing the track sleepers and their conditions/state

Considering my experience with computer vision; most of the data needed for computer vision would be images or video data, for it to work you might have to capture and extract railway records from images captured from your own or the railway devices. However, this will largely depend on the purpose of the research.
Yes the data would be in form of images. If I get a video, I think I can extract images from the video frame to serve the purpose.

What is the purpose of the data (output)?

It is for automatic railway track fault detection.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by lordbeans(m): 12:18pm On Jul 02, 2021
wip7:

Hello wip7 can I still send my CV? It seems the deadline passed last week.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by wip7: 12:26pm On Jul 02, 2021
lordbeans:

Hello wip7 can I still send my CV? It seems the deadline passed last week.

Give a try!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread For PHD Students by lordbeans(m): 1:54pm On Jul 02, 2021
wip7:

Give a try!

Thanks boss

1 Like

Re: Thread For PHD Students by joyousmother2016: 8:54am On Jul 03, 2021
wip7:

Is (are) there any University in Nigeria that has vacancy for History lecturers? I am a Phd Student . I seriously need a job and i can work in any part of the country.
B.A History
Msc International Relations and Strategic Studies.
Phd. History (n View)
I will really appreciate it if anyone can help me.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by iwriter247: 6:55pm On Jul 05, 2021
Avoid the embarrassment of plagiarized content and grammatical errors.

Get the #1 Plagiarism Checker trusted by over 15,000 Institutions and 30+ Million Students #TURNITIN

Analyze your content for plagiarism and get a plagiarism score, citations and sources if plagiarism is detected.

All Without Storing Your Papers in TURNITIN Database.

These accounts are freshly created (not hacked) with generic info to facilitate Instant delivery on purchase.

On purchase, you use Turnitin to Personalize your account within minutes.

Unique Features of this service

1. Available for 1 month|3 month|6 month| 1 year

2. Unlimited Re-submission

3. No storage in database

4. Delivery Via email or Whatsapp

Universities and high schools typically buy licenses to use the software as a service (SaaS) website, which checks submitted documents against its database and the content of other websites with the aim of identifying plagiarism. Results can identify similarities with existing sources, and can also be used in formative assessment to help students learn to avoid plagiarism and improve their writing.

Details of the accounts from us

1. There are no restrictions on the number of submissions. unlimited submission.

2. The setting used is of ?no repository setting?. Therefore, your document or file will not be stored in database in internet.

3. After making the payment, your account will be created with your active email and will be delivered to the customer as soon as possible.

4. This is a private account; and not a shared account.

You can change the accounts password or details anytime.

.......AVAILABLE AT BEST PRICE.........

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (105) (Reply)

2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide / 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread / Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.