Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,666 members, 7,809,516 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:48 AM

Thread For PHD Students - Education (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Thread For PHD Students (325922 Views)

Which University In Nigeria or abroad Accepts 3.0 Msc Grade For Phd Admission? / 4 Good Reason Why You Should Go For Phd And 7 Bad Reasons Why You Should Not / Presidential Scholarship Scheme For Ist Class Nigerian Graduates For Phd Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (105) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For PHD Students by TRS2020: 11:38pm On Oct 03, 2021
[quote author=wip7 post=106151048]Interested in Machine learning and ANN?

@Wip7: Many thanks for all that you do sir. Sometimes ago, you assisted me to modify my proposed research topic since it was too narrow at the time. Your suggestions were very helpful. A professor I contacted is willing to supervise my new topic, but again, wants it modfied to suit his current research area. His research interests is in lanthanide doped upconversion nanoparticles for biomedical applications. He has requested that I come up with what I can add to the research of his group along that line.

My initial plan was to focus on functionalizing the nanoparticles using my knowledge of surface and coordination chemistry to make them water soluble since most of the nanoparticles are produced in organic solvents and are hydrophobic.

I realized that his group recently produced a few papers on water soluble UCNPs.

I have been struggling to find other areas to focus on regarding UCNPs for biomedical applications that will be novel and was wondering if you are able to assist with suggestion at this time.

I look forward to reading from you sir.

1 Like

Re: Thread For PHD Students by wip7: 2:47pm On Oct 06, 2021
Are you working on Nanomaterials sensors?

If you are working on nanomaterials for sensor applications and interested to publish in a high reputable journal with an impact factor of 3.6 and Q2 journal indexed in WEB as an SCI journal and free to publish.

https://www.beilstein-journals.org/bjnano/series/92.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Thread For PHD Students by wip7: 6:06pm On Oct 06, 2021
TRS2020:

@Wip7: Many thanks for all that you do sir. Sometimes ago, you assisted me to modify my proposed research topic since it was too narrow at the time. Your suggestions were very helpful. A professor I contacted is willing to supervise my new topic, but again, wants it modfied to suit his current research area. His research interests is in lanthanide doped upconversion nanoparticles for biomedical applications. He has requested that I come up with what I can add to the research of his group along that line.

My initial plan was to focus on functionalizing the nanoparticles using my knowledge of surface and coordination chemistry to make them water soluble since most of the nanoparticles are produced in organic solvents and are hydrophobic.

I realized that his group recently produced a few papers on water soluble UCNPs.

I have been struggling to find other areas to focus on regarding UCNPs for biomedical applications that will be novel and was wondering if you are able to assist with suggestion at this time.

I look forward to reading from you sir.

I responded to this yesterday but the bot banned me and seems the response is gone.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread For PHD Students by bilal4riid(m): 6:26pm On Oct 06, 2021
Good day all.
I'm happy to check back this educative thread.
I want to write an article helping students how to find a research topic.
find below my three main points i want to discuss.

please help add your contributions.
thank you

In the introduction of a particular paper of interest, after the author must have introduced the topic, at the last paragraphs he would state his topic and reason why he is embarking on the topic of research, so in the conclusion what is achieved is stated, therefore the difference between what authors aimed at the beginning and what is achieved serve as a problem. The author may clearly stated it as recommendation for future work.

Another interesting way to observe research problems is by noting the problem created by a solution of the focused paper. The authors of a certain work may successfully solve a problem targeted but yet bring about another problem, in orther words one solution begets another problem, thus the problem constitutes a research problem

Follow up reading to the citations of paper of interest is another means which the understanding is improved therefore help come up with research problem, a reputable paper must have got considerable citations, these citations which are works update related to the paper could enlighten the student further which provide wider understanding to the area of study. Note that both the references and citations of the paper are important interms of understanding the work well hence help bring up a research problem. While the references are works that lead up to the paper, the citations are works building up to it.

The saying goes without saying, a problem shared is a problem half solved, this saying correlates well with regard to research topic finding, students will embark on a rigorous reading spree to find a problem from a selected few articles then discuss the problem with a more experienced person-supervisor in this case- and the solution to the problem is provided. Note that reverse could be the case, the research problem could be raised by the supervisor while students go find a solution. Furthermore the possibilities for students to come up with both the problem and solution is not rule out.
With solution proffered to a research problem a few sentences could be put together to form research topic

4 Likes

Re: Thread For PHD Students by TRS2020: 1:00am On Oct 07, 2021
How I wish I can still find the response sir.

wip7:

I responded to this yesterday but the bot banned me and seems the response is gone.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by 247humble: 9:21am On Oct 08, 2021
Hi NL Family,

I'm considering going for fully-funded PhD Program in the US and I will appreciate getting a few clarifications:

1. I intend registering an Automation/Control/Instrumentation service company here in Nigeria before travelling, then remotely run the company while in the US as a fully-funded PhD student; Are there any restrictions for home country self-employment that is outside the US ?

2. Can HND (with WES evaluation) access direct fully-funded PhD in the US?

3. Does the US Govt track emails / social media chats / Phone communications of fully-funded PhD students.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by wip7: 9:37am On Oct 08, 2021
247humble:
Hi NL Family,

I'm considering going for fully-funded PhD Program in the US and I will appreciate getting a few clarifications:

1. I intend registering an Automation/Control/Instrumentation service company here in Nigeria before travelling, then remotely run the company while in the US as a fully-funded PhD student; Are there any restrictions for home country self-employment that is outside the US ?

If you are running a legal business and studying legally, there are no restrictions to being a student and also running a legal business.

2. Can HND (with WES evaluation) access direct fully-funded PhD in the US?

HND is a diploma that will not be admitted directly for a PhD program in Nigeria …and also nearly all universities in USA and many other countries will required a master degree from an applicant to be admitted into their PhD programs. So I think it will be logical to first secure PhD admission then ask about full-funding.

3. Does the US Govt track emails / social media chats / Phone communications of fully-funded PhD students.

Thanks in advance.

And why would they be tracking the social media or email when you are not into shady/illegal or illicit business or activities ?

Genuine students or genuine business and legal person would not bother about tracking. There are millions of students in USA studying and running business in USA and in their country, the USA will not direct all their resources to monitor each and every students unless such students are into activities that spike monitoring.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thread For PHD Students by 247humble: 9:50am On Oct 08, 2021
wip7:

If you are running a legal business and studying legally, there are no restrictions to being a student and also running a legal business.

HND is a diploma that will not be admitted directly for a PhD program in Nigeria …and also nearly all universities in USA and many other countries will required a master degree from an applicant to be admitted into their PhD programs. So I think it will be logical to first secure PhD admission then ask about full-funding.

And why would they be tracking the social media or email when you are not into shady/illegal or illicit business or activities ?

Genuine students or genuine business and legal person would not bother about tracking. There are millions of students in USA studying and running business in USA and in their country, the USA will not direct all their resources to monitor each and every students unless such students are into activities that spike monitoring.

Thanks the response. I read that students on F-1 Visa are prohibited from Self-employment.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by wip7: 11:18am On Oct 08, 2021
247humble:

Thanks the response. I read that students on F-1 Visa are prohibited from Self-employment.

You indicated in your initial question that you wish to start a business in Nigeria while studying in the United States. The F-1 Visa requirements apply to residents of the United States who are currently residing in the United States. Your company is based in Nigeria, not the United States.

Now to get back to F-1 conditions for students in USA:

Self employment as a student (I.e before graduation) :

There is no law prohibiting a student with legitimate non-immigrant student status from launching a business.

The student must, however, maintain legitimate student status and be enrolled full-time or between semesters.

The student's remuneration from the company is a significant consideration. A student cannot be a "employee" of his or her own company prior to graduation. He or she would have to be paid a salary if he or she worked for the company. Payment of a wage denotes employment, which is illegal under immigration law unless the student is allowed to take such job.

Note that while a student can incorporate a business or even form an LLC, they cannot be paid by the same company in the United States.

—-Self-employment after graduation:

After completing the curriculum, a student can start his or her own business and be hired by it, earning money.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread For PHD Students by 247humble: 6:02pm On Oct 08, 2021
wip7:

You indicated in your initial question that you wish to start a business in Nigeria while studying in the United States. The F-1 Visa requirements apply to residents of the United States who are currently residing in the United States. Your company is based in Nigeria, not the United States.

Now to get back to F-1 conditions for students in USA:

Self employment as a student (I.e before graduation) :

There is no law prohibiting a student with legitimate non-immigrant student status from launching a business.

The student must, however, maintain legitimate student status and be enrolled full-time or between semesters.

The student's remuneration from the company is a significant consideration. A student cannot be a "employee" of his or her own company prior to graduation. He or she would have to be paid a salary if he or she worked for the company. Payment of a wage denotes employment, which is illegal under immigration law unless the student is allowed to take such job.

Note that while a student can incorporate a business or even form an LLC, they cannot be paid by the same company in the United States.

—-Self-employment after graduation:

After completing the curriculum, a student can start his or her own business and be hired by it, earning money.

Thanks Bro.

3 Likes

Re: Thread For PHD Students by wip7: 6:15pm On Oct 08, 2021
TRS2020:
How I wish I can still find the response sir.

I will re-write again and post!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For PHD Students by KelvinCoaster(m): 6:57am On Oct 09, 2021
bilal4riid:
Good day all.
I'm happy to check back this educative thread.
I want to write an article helping students how to find a research topic.
find below my three main points i want to discuss.

please help add your contributions.
thank you

In the introduction of a particular paper of interest, after the author must have introduced the topic, at the last paragraphs he would state his topic and reason why he is embarking on the topic of research, so in the conclusion what is achieved is stated, therefore the difference between what authors aimed at the beginning and what is achieved serve as a problem. The author may clearly stated it as recommendation for future work.

Another interesting way to observe research problems is by noting the problem created by a solution of the focused paper. The authors of a certain work may successfully solve a problem targeted but yet bring about another problem, in orther words one solution begets another problem, thus the problem constitutes a research problem

Follow up reading to the citations of paper of interest is another means which the understanding is improved therefore help come up with research problem, a reputable paper must have got considerable citations, these citations which are works update related to the paper could enlighten the student further which provide wider understanding to the area of study. Note that both the references and citations of the paper are important interms of understanding the work well hence help bring up a research problem. While the references are works that lead up to the paper, the citations are works building up to it.

The saying goes without saying, a problem shared is a problem half solved, this saying correlates well with regard to research topic finding, students will embark on a rigorous reading spree to find a problem from a selected few articles then discuss the problem with a more experienced person-supervisor in this case- and the solution to the problem is provided. Note that reverse could be the case, the research problem could be raised by the supervisor while students go find a solution. Furthermore the possibilities for students to come up with both the problem and solution is not rule out.
With solution proffered to a research problem a few sentences could be put together to form research topic
Nice points, very apt!

...And when searching for a research topic, it is important for the researcher to first consider problems within specific location that needs urgent scientific solutions.For example, a researcher may want to get solution to the incessant unmitigated dumping of refuses on the streets.
...Think out of the box, use your imaginations.Visualize what solutions you are looking for then search for them. Do not limit yourself to what have been done already!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread For PHD Students by bilal4riid(m): 11:52pm On Oct 09, 2021
KelvinCoaster:

Nice points, very apt!

...And when searching for a research topic, it is important for the researcher to first consider problems within specific location that needs urgent scientific solutions.For example, a researcher may want to get solution to the incessant unmitigated dumping of refuses on the streets.
...Think out of the box, use your imaginations.Visualize what solutions you are looking for then search for them. Do not limit yourself to what have been done already!

I noted that the three points I raised only focus on the research done previously. Thank you for the contribution.

1 Like

Re: Thread For PHD Students by KelvinCoaster(m): 6:05pm On Oct 10, 2021
bilal4riid:

I noted that the three points I raised only focus on the research done previously. Thank you for the contribution.
You're welcome!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Thread For PHD Students by Vicrown(m): 11:58am On Oct 15, 2021
The University of Notre Dame in the US is offering the following benefits to MSc and PhD applicants:

* Application Fee Waivers
* GRE Waiver
* Full Tuition Cover
* Living Stipend ($30,000+)
* Health Insurance

Watch how to apply:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6YFMtqodIM

3 Likes

Re: Thread For PHD Students by YakubuLagos(f): 8:21am On Oct 16, 2021
Good morning prof.(wip7)

Guess you are doing well?

Could you please enlighten me on this project topic.

Determining Path Loss Propagation Model using ANN.

1 Like

Re: Thread For PHD Students by KelvinCoaster(m): 9:29am On Oct 16, 2021
YakubuLagos:
Good morning prof.

wip7

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For PHD Students by wip7: 1:46pm On Oct 16, 2021
KelvinCoaster:

wip7

YakubuLagos:
Good morning prof.

To begin with, this topic is not properly framed. ANN cannot be used to determine "Path Loss Propagation." An artificial neural network (ANN) is a prediction tool that can only make predictions based on data that has been previously trained.

About the Topic:

An electromagnetic wave's power density decreases as it travels over space, which is known as path loss. Path loss is an important factor to consider while analyzing and designing a telecommunication system's link budget. In wireless communications and signal propagation, this word is frequently used.

Wireless communication is rapidly evolving, due to various technologies these days, resulting in a significant need for higher signal strength and network capacity. Accurate and reliable path loss models are critical for radio network coverage and signal interference predictions in order to achieve effective network architecture.

A wireless system's network performance and Quality of Service will suffer as a result of improper base station placement. As a result, developing an optimal path loss prediction model is beneficial for designing efficient and effective wireless communication systems.

That's where ANN comes into the picture of the above topic.

ANN models have proven to be more accurate than empirical models and easier to deploy than deterministic models. In addition, in rural, suburban, and urban propagation situations, ANN can be used for path loss forecasts.

To use ANN to make this prediction, you'll require a set of input variables, the majority of which will be field measurements. Some of the inputs could be "coordinates of positions, frequency, distance, building height, street width, population, antenna height, scattering angles, transmitter and receiver heights, frequency band etc"

Prediction with Artificial neural network

After you've gathered your data, you'll experiment with the number of hidden neurons, activation function, and training techniques to find the best neural network settings for predicting path loss. There is various/software tool to use the ANN with like Matlab. You may also, use other machine learning prediction models like support vector regression or decision tree and compare the prediction with your ANN results.

I hope that helps!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread For PHD Students by KelvinCoaster(m): 7:33pm On Oct 16, 2021
wip7:

To begin with, this topic is not properly framed. ANN cannot be used to determine "Path Loss Propagation." An artificial neural network (ANN) is a prediction tool that can only make predictions based on data that has been previously trained.

About the Topic:

An electromagnetic wave's power density decreases as it travels over space, which is known as path loss. Path loss is an important factor to consider while analyzing and designing a telecommunication system's link budget. In wireless communications and signal propagation, this word is frequently used.

Wireless communication is rapidly evolving, due to various technologies these days, resulting in a significant need for higher signal strength and network capacity. Accurate and reliable path loss models are critical for radio network coverage and signal interference predictions in order to achieve effective network architecture.

A wireless system's network performance and Quality of Service will suffer as a result of improper base station placement. As a result, developing an optimal path loss prediction model is beneficial for designing efficient and effective wireless communication systems.

ANN models have proven to be more accurate than empirical models and easier to deploy than deterministic models. In addition, in rural, suburban, and urban propagation situations, ANN can be used for path loss forecasts.

To use ANN to make this prediction, you'll require a set of input variables, the majority of which will be field measurements. Some of the inputs could be "coordinates of positions, frequency, distance, building height, street width, population, antenna height, scattering angles, transmitter and receiver heights, frequency band etc"

After you've gathered your data, you'll experiment with the number of hidden neurons, activation function, and training techniques to find the best neural network settings for predicting path loss. There is various/software tool to use the ANN with like Matlab. You may also, use other machine learning prediction models like support vector regression or decision tree and compare the prediction with your ANN results.

I hope that helps!

YakubuLagos,

Come and water the ground oo!
You've got flash hints for your Chapter one and Chapter two.

wip7 thanks!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thread For PHD Students by YakubuLagos(f): 4:04am On Oct 17, 2021
wip7:

About the Topic:

I hope that helps!

Thanks so much my prof. I really appreciated your help. This your explanation is just too much.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For PHD Students by wip7: 8:37am On Oct 22, 2021
Recent Publication from our lab: on the Application of Machine learning for predicting solar air heater performance

Recently, concerted interests have been directed toward renewable energy conversion systems due to their potential in providing a sustainable future. Solar collectors are widely applied in various thermal equipment for the optimal and efficient utilization of solar energy. In this study, data from uncontrollable input variables were fed into an artificial neural network model to predict the efficiency of the optimized solar air collector, and data were collected over 1 year on the field.

This research illustrates the use of machine learning, artificial neural network to predict performance and to extract valuable information regarding the factors affecting the device.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread For PHD Students by Jimoh7555: 8:56pm On Oct 22, 2021
Vicrown:
GRE Waivers at 50 Universities in US

Over 50 US universities are offering GRE waivers either in all departments or some specific ones. Check how to access them in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mF89NQ1eg

Also, would GRE waiver count against you for funding/ GTA positions? Find out.

There is no need for you to make us use our data watching the YouTube video if you can just share the knowledge with us here except you are looking to increase you watch time on YouTube. No offence please but I've noticed @Op have shared valuable experiences without asking people to watch YouTube or something.

4 Likes

Re: Thread For PHD Students by KelvinCoaster(m): 10:02pm On Oct 23, 2021
wip7:
Recent Publication from our lab: on the Application of Machine learning for predicting solar air heater performance

Recently, concerted interests have been directed toward renewable energy conversion systems due to their potential in providing a sustainable future. Solar collectors are widely applied in various thermal equipment for the optimal and efficient utilization of solar energy. In this study, data from uncontrollable input variables were fed into an artificial neural network model to predict the efficiency of the optimized solar air collector, and data were collected over 1 year on the field.

This research illustrates the use of machine learning, artificial neural network to predict performance and to extract valuable information regarding the factors affecting the device.
Great!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For PHD Students by wip7: 9:10am On Oct 24, 2021
Possible Thesis Research Ideas For Science-based Programs

Based on the resources available, students, supervisors, and project assessors can propose the following thesis research proposals. Every practical advancement is built on research solutions, and modern civilization is reliant on them.

-----AI-driven smart solar-integrated hydroponic system for cultivation of vegetables and herbs

-----Development of a green hydroponic bio-nutrient solution for vegetable and herbs cultivation

---Study, extraction and characterization of insects as a promising source of biomaterials for textile industries

---Insect-based biorefinery for converting waste biomass into marketable protein and energy

---Characterization of nutrients recovered from dairy effluents for production of high-performance biofertilizer products

---Low-cost hybrid optical-electrochemical sensor for detection of pathogens and toxins in water and food samples

--- Development of biogel-based nanosensors for the rapid screening of food mycotoxins

---AI-based fake product detection for retailers and consumer brands

---Machine learning approaches toward personalized treatment of diabetes

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread For PHD Students by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 24, 2021
wip7:

Based on the resources available, students, supervisors, and project assessors can propose the following thesis research proposals. Every practical advancement is built on research solutions, and modern civilization is reliant on them.

-----AI-driven smart solar-integrated hydroponic system for cultivation of vegetables and herbs

-----Development of a green hydroponic bio-nutrient solution for vegetable and herbs cultivation

---Study, extraction and characterization of insects as a promising source of biomaterials for textile industries

---Insect-based biorefinery for converting waste biomass into marketable protein and energy

---Characterization of nutrients recovered from dairy effluents for production of high-performance biofertilizer products

---Low-cost hybrid optical-electrochemical sensor for detection of pathogens and toxins in water and food samples

--- Development of biogel-based nanosensors for the rapid screening of food mycotoxins

I'm science based and find topics 1 and 6 very interesting but challenging. Have never done any project on machine learning or AI. You think I can perform excellently in those if I start my learning now?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread For PHD Students by machine606: 7:35pm On Oct 24, 2021
wip7:

Jesus!! prof Wip7 you are a blessing to our generation!!!

I am thrilled by 2, 3, 5 and 7. I am a master's student (biochemistry, FUTMINNA) .I have been observing your work here for over 18 months now.
I saw your previous journal on remediation of waste, and the other journal on biosensors.

I am currently about to work on using nanoparticles to deliver drugs in diabetic induced rats. I hope to publish this work. I don't know if the journal accepts research on this?
Like I said I would love to work concurrently on any of the topics you mentioned. But the challenge I am predicting among others would be funding (as am self funding). Does any one know how to get grants for such work. I don't mind having an external supervisor to ensure credibility and transparency.

Also I am new to AI. Just a learning phyton now (halted because of school) and an intermediate in JavaScript.

1 Like

Re: Thread For PHD Students by wip7: 8:35pm On Oct 24, 2021
Quinex2:
I'm science based and find topics 1 and 6 very interesting but challenging. Have never done any project on machine learning or AI. You think I can perform excellently in those if I start my learning now?

Machine learning is an exciting area that can currently be used in practically every situation. I believe that if you are dedicated and willing to learn and apply machine learning and AI to practical applications, you will be successful. You must first be computer literate, interested in machine learning, have a basic understanding of statistics, and be able to code. This statistics section is used for cleaning and preparing data for modelling. A little python or R programming will be required.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread For PHD Students by wip7: 8:52pm On Oct 24, 2021
machine606:

Jesus!! prof Wip7 you are a blessing to our generation!!!

I am thrilled by 2, 3, 5 and 7. I am a master's student (biochemistry, FUTMINNA) .I have been observing your work here for over 18 months now.
I saw your previous journal on remediation of waste, and the other journal on biosensors.

Biochemistry is a fascinating field with numerous research opportunities. Weldone!

I am currently about to work on using nanoparticles to deliver drugs in diabetic induced rats. I hope to publish this work. I don't know if the journal accepts research on this?

Yes, you can publish any credible work relating to nanomaterials in the Beilstein Journal of Nanotechnology (BJNANO).

BJNANO is a platinum open-access journal (submission fees are fully funded by the non-profit Beilstein-Institut, and all articles remain open access), publishing high-quality peer-reviewed articles that are archived and indexed in all major repositories, search engines and databases. You retain full copyright to your article according to a Creative Commons Attribution License agreement. BJNANO is SCIE journal indexed in WOS. See other metrics below.

Like I said I would love to work concurrently on any of the topics you mentioned. But the challenge I am predicting among others would be funding (as am self funding). Does any one know how to get grants for such work. I don't mind having an external supervisor to ensure credibility and transparency.

Also I am new to AI. Just a learning phyton now (halted because of school) and an intermediate in JavaScript.

You may get financing by joining international associations or societies in your field; the majority of them finance research that is deemed trustworthy. You might also approach pharmaceutical companies in your area by highlighting the possible benefits of your research.

Best wishes!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread For PHD Students by Nobody: 12:22am On Oct 25, 2021
wip7:

Machine learning is an exciting area that can currently be used in practically every situation. I believe that if you are dedicated and willing to learn and apply machine learning and AI to practical applications, you will be successful. You must first be computer literate, interested in machine learning, have a basic understanding of statistics, and be able to code. This statistics section is used for cleaning and preparing data for modelling. A little python or R programming will be required.
I do know a lil python and R, and willing to learn. I'll get some resources online to begin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread For PHD Students by TheNoble007(m): 2:19pm On Oct 25, 2021
wip7:
Are you working on Nanomaterials sensors?

If you are working on nanomaterials for sensor applications and interested to publish in a high reputable journal with an impact factor of 3.6 and Q2 journal indexed in WEB as an SCI journal and free to publish.

https://www.beilstein-journals.org/bjnano/series/92.

I will look up this journal definitely to see if it is a good fit for my current topic. My field is Nanotechnology and Photonics and I am currently working on Organic transistors.

Keep on the good work Prof.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by Meel: 6:13pm On Oct 25, 2021
wip7:

Kudos prof, for the good work you're doing here sir.

I am a graduate of Biomedical Science ( clinical biochemistry). I would love to work on the last topic "Machine learning approaches toward personalized treatment of diabetes". I have worked on diabetes mellitus during my undergraduate days, but it's just on the biochemical parameters.

I am a bit versed in python programming, but just randomly into Machine Learning and AI.

I have reviewed some literature in regards to ML/AI in diabetes,but I would love if you can conceptualize the project sir.

Healthcare informatic/bioinformatics is a field i would love to specialise in the future and having publications here should seem right.

Thanks for consideration sir.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (105) (Reply)

2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide / 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread / Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.